Rangers General Chat

nightlight

I am new to this whole site, I know I would be interested in a group!

Morning Sweet Pea

Go to Rangers Base Camp, and on our guild leaders NighLight profile you will find all you need.

Secound Paragraph has a Here written in blue, click on it to open the spreadsheet. then look at the bottom of the screen and you will see the NF Classes go an click on Rangers and you will be on the sign up sheet. Choose your team.

:angel: of the Wilderness Level 1 Archangel Templar order of the NF blazing Light.

STR 2 - DEX 1- STA 2 - CON 4 - WIS 3 - CHA 2 

Your current safe boundaries were once fears.. Push your boundaries till your last breath.

I'm in two Ranger accountability groups.  Signed up for a newbie and then saw an over 50 one that I liked.  My problem - It's taking forever to scroll through and find the others in my group.  Have only found 2 so far.  Is there an easier way to search for people?

I'm in two Ranger accountability groups.  Signed up for a newbie and then saw an over 50 one that I liked.  My problem - It's taking forever to scroll through and find the others in my group.  Have only found 2 so far.  Is there an easier way to search for people?

You can search by member name with the bar in the top right corner of the screen:

kzra32f.png

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

WADDUP RANGERS!?

How's it all going?    I am determined to stay the course today after being a naughty half-orc yesterday.  (Hey, at least I didn't eat the gnome.)     Passed up the McDonald's without a flinch too. Rarr.

Hey to all you n00bs!   Don't worry, that's said with total affection and big-sisterly wing spreading!    I was a n00b last challenge too.

Strength and hockey tonight - but dammit if I don't want to play and watch some Defiance.  

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Go to your profile click content/follow a box on the left will come up with options choose members and type in the name.

If you type in search bar the name, the pop same box will apear and click memeber it normaly comes up with them or just email them.

:angel: of the Wilderness Level 1 Archangel Templar order of the NF blazing Light.

STR 2 - DEX 1- STA 2 - CON 4 - WIS 3 - CHA 2 

Your current safe boundaries were once fears.. Push your boundaries till your last breath.

So part of my goal is to eat more, because I haven't been eating enough to actually build muscle. Averaging 1200-1400, and I'm rather small.  But HOW the HELL do you actually eat 2000 calories without stuffing your face constantly or resorting to cake and McBurgers?!

Almonds, Avacado, other healthy fat-filled foods so the calorie count gets a boost?

Maybe do a search for what snacks athletes use as a means of upping their calories in.  I know pro hockey players eat like 3000+ a day!  LOL.

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

So part of my goal is to eat more, because I haven't been eating enough to actually build muscle. Averaging 1200-1400, and I'm rather small.  But HOW the HELL do you actually eat 2000 calories without stuffing your face constantly or resorting to cake and McBurgers?!

In addition to what Starpuck said, I see a lot of people that really like to do GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) when bulking. Whether that would be feasible depends on your lactose tolerance and paleo-ness. 

Lvl. 3 Gnome

STR - 4.25/DEX - 2.5/STA - 6.25/CON - 5.5/WIS - 9/CHA - 7.25

Tumblr

Current Challenge / Challenge 2 / Challenge 1

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

In addition to what Starpuck said, I see a lot of people that really like to do GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) when bulking. Whether that would be feasible depends on your lactose tolerance and paleo-ness. 

I always recommend starting with a scaled version.  Actual GOMAD is way too much for most people.

edit: 1 quart of whole milk is just short of 600 calories. Drink a pint in the morning and a pint post-workout.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I always recommend starting with a scaled version.  Actual GOMAD is way too much for most people.

edit: 1 quart of whole milk is just short of 600 calories. Drink a pint in the morning and a pint post-workout.

Avocados purchased and ripening (it's hard to get good ones in the Northeast), snacking on pistachios and hard boiled eggs.  I really do like milk, after 20 years of thinking I didn't! And that scaled option sounds good.  I've brought in a jar of milk to work with me so I can have it at the ready.

god I can barely drink a gallon in a week- I would die if I had to do a gallon a day!!!!

but I do love the excuse to drink milk at this point!!!  YAY

In high school it was my default drink, I didn't really drink water, I drank milk. My mom had to buy upward of 3 gallons a week.  I also used a mixing bowl as my cereal bowl and went through a half box of cereal in a sitting. If it was the smaller boxes, like banana nut crunch, I'd eat almost the whole thing. This was back when I was very active with football training and would ride my bike 5-10 miles a day to get around though.  Man I wish being in that kind of shape, wish I could go back and slap myself upside the head for having body image issues.

Also, my bone density is in the top 1-2% of the population because of all the milk, found out after xrays from getting hit by a Septa trolly at the end of senior year and walking away with only a minor skull fracture and a dent in my leg.  Well, I didn't "walk away", spent a few days in the hospital with a moderate concussion.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I drank a lot as a child- but I have never been huge on cereal- and definitely not now.  So I gave up on milk since it was going bad- now that I have a particular purpose to drink it- I'm all about it.  

There is a study that shows the higher protein content can actually inhibit the Vitamin D transfer and will limit it's affect on bone density- was an interesting read for sure. 

So this is my first 6 week challenge. also my first time using this site. I have absolutely no idea how to join a guild, or group, or anything like that. Or what the attribute points are for. 

What I'm saying is I'm a newbie, please help. 

I signed up, and posted in the new members tab of the accountabilibuddies page.

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/30657-primalsigns-first-challenge/

Here's my challenge post. 

What else do I need to know/what am I missing?

Thanks in advance! 

I drank a lot as a child- but I have never been huge on cereal- and definitely not now.  So I gave up on milk since it was going bad- now that I have a particular purpose to drink it- I'm all about it.  

There is a study that shows the higher protein content can actually inhibit the Vitamin D transfer and will limit it's affect on bone density- was an interesting read for sure. 

Do you know where I can read up on that?

So this is my first 6 week challenge. also my first time using this site. I have absolutely no idea how to join a guild, or group, or anything like that. Or what the attribute points are for. 

What I'm saying is I'm a newbie, please help. 

I signed up, and posted in the new members tab of the accountabilibuddies page.

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/30657-primalsigns-first-challenge/

Here's my challenge post. 

What else do I need to know/what am I missing?

Thanks in advance! 

This page by spezzy sums it up: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/26792-challenge-instructions/

To sign up, visit this page http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?app=cp&do=show&pageId=2

You've already joined a guild just by posting in the Ranger forum :)

Attribute points are just for fun. I haven't done them in a long time, I might start up again next challenge. Basically you get a set number you can assign yourself currently, then if you reach your goals you get more (ones that you've picked). For instance, you say in your challenge you aren't very into running right now, so you could say you currently have STA (stamina) of 2. If you finish your first goal, you can get +3 (totally random numbers, you get to assign them yourself, which is cool!). I can't find the exact numbers--will someone who is more into the stats answer this part? 

Third time's the charm...

I haven't done so well on my last 2 challenges as they've coincided with major assessment bursts for my MA - 

but I count them as successes because while I may not have managed to achieve all of my goals, I did achieve some of them, and overall probably stayed more active and ate better in the middle of assessment madness than I would have without the structure I got from the challenges.

So, time for another go... I handed in my last assessment yesterday, and now have to do the dissertation. The 6 week challenge will take me through the first half of that process, when (let's face it) I'm going to need all the structure and organisation I can get!

Dren: level 1 Orc and Scholar, with Ranger aspirations
STR 2; DEX 1; STA 3; CON 3; WISDOM 4; CHA 2
Little by little, one travels far -- J.R.R. Tolkien

Oh no!  I've run into a problem already!  One of my challenges is only to seek water or milk (fat free) as beverages.  I just mixed a protein shake... can I drink it without violating my goal?  I need affirmation from someone that it's okay!

| LVL1 | Human | Ranger/Monk | Neutral Good w/ chaotic tendencies|

| Male | 33 years | 5'7" |168 lbs | Right-handed |

| STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2 |

Progress Photos Album

Character attributes: Especially self-critical and self-condemning.  Possesses strong polymathic potential, but circumstances, time and the will toward achieving that potential remain in constant fluctuation. Indecisiveness leads to indecision and determination must be coupled with foreseeable goals. Emotional quotient and empathic ability is high.  However, with indifferent resignation, can be detached from people and places .   

protein is mostly dehydrated milk... LOL I would say you're good.  But that's under your desrection- it's YOU'RE challenge goal- you decide LOL

Do you know where I can read up on that?

I'll see if I can find it- it was posted through another forum. 

I never drank milk, only had it on cereal, and in general never liked it much (but what else would you put with cereal, water? ew.). So I drank soy milk, since it actually had a decent flavor.  And then Archbishop gave me whole milk...and wonder of wonders, when you leave most of the milk in the milk it tastes good!  I'm hooked, now. Especially after trying raw milk at a friend's...we're probably going to start ordering it during this challenge, because now I know that milk tastes even better when it's all milk, and not destroyed by processing! Yay!

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/87/5/1567S.full

that's not the one- but it's an article.... still hunting. 

I never drank milk, only had it on cereal, and in general never liked it much (but what else would you put with cereal, water? ew.). So I drank soy milk, since it actually had a decent flavor.  And then Archbishop gave me whole milk...and wonder of wonders, when you leave most of the milk in the milk it tastes good!  I'm hooked, now. Especially after trying raw milk at a friend's...we're probably going to start ordering it during this challenge, because now I know that milk tastes even better when it's all milk, and not destroyed by processing! Yay!

my friends used to put juice on theirs.   barf

yeah whole milk is a little thick for me- but I'll drink it- I'm thinking I might try to make the switch to whole milk actually after I kill the gallon I just purchased- I'm the only one drinking it I think. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines