mcwrites will walk again!

mcwrites

Hello, first challenger here!

Former Warrior, now somewhat disabled (need cane to walk), who needs to turn into a Druid to get moving again.

(Quitting the fitness instructor job to because a full time writer for two year was NOT good for the arthritic hip)

Here are my goals that I think will help me be mobile again.

1) Food:

Keep up with my daily food diary (I am still 10 pounds overweight and I hope that starting to lose some of the weight will help by putting less pressure on my hip

2) Exercise:

Do 20 minutes of Pilates and 10 min of supported treadmill walking at the gym: 5 times a week

3) Exercise:

Do 15-20 minutes of Yoga at home: 6 times a week.

(I hope that in 6 weeks, I'll be flexible enough to attend a class at my local yoga studio)

4) Life:

Stay consistent with writing the novel I am working on. Especially as I will be off for school break soon (I'm a teacher), I want to make sure I will spend 4 hrs a day on it on week-days during the break (1 hr now)

While I have been fairly consistent with some of those goals in the last couple of weeks, I feel I really need to narrow on something for 6 weeks before I try something else. I tend to switch my exercise routine a lot if I don't see results right away. It's been a very frustrating year.

The challenge seems the perfect things for me right now :)

Looking forward to be inspired by you all!

M-C :)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you" ~ Ray Bradbury

websites: www.mcbourque.com & www.musetracks.wordpress.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mcbourque

Twitter: www.twitter.com/mcbourque

Best of luck! Hopefully we'll hear more from you about your novel over the coming weeks. My fiancee is a novelist and I truly enjoy hearing about the process that people go through while they write.

Class: Druid

Race: Half-Elf

STR:3  DEX:2  STA:2  CON:2  WIS:4  CHA:2  

Current 6 Week Challenge

Trying to maintain my blissful ignorance about the world. Wasn't it better when fairy tales were real?

~ Emanluke

Great goals! Good that you've been consistent with them, but yea, no doubt, you can totally do this with narrowing them down and be super successful! :)

What kind of book are you writing? That in of itself is quite a challenge! Good Job!

If You Want Something Awesome To Happen, You Have To Be Awesome!

Best of luck! Hopefully we'll hear more from you about your novel over the coming weeks. My fiancee is a novelist and I truly enjoy hearing about the process that people go through while they write.

Thank Emanluke

That's very cool that your fiancée is a novelist. Does she make you read her work? It's sometimes hard to get people to read our chapters!

Great goals! Good that you've been consistent with them, but yea, no doubt, you can totally do this with narrowing them down and be super successful! :)

What kind of book are you writing? That in of itself is quite a challenge! Good Job!

Hi White Rock,

Yeah the idea of narrowing it down came after reading a recent blog post from Steve. It suddenly made a lot of sense to me.

I have only one book published and it's gothic paranormal romance but right now I'm veering more towards fantasy and I'm working on a series of what I'd call a sword and sorcery steampunk :)

Good fun all around.

Hey if you want someone to read your chapter, I would be up to it! I'm no professional, just an avid reader! What grade do you teach? I am starting student teaching next semester and am focusing on the younger grades. Well, good luck with this challenge and I hope you heal quickly!

Thank Emanluke

That's very cool that your fiancée is a novelist. Does she make you read her work? It's sometimes hard to get people to read our chapters!

Haha, make is a very strong word. I'm a pretty voracious reading when the mood strikes, so I typically don't mind reading!

Current 6 Week Challenge

Trying to maintain my blissful ignorance about the world. Wasn't it better when fairy tales were real?

~ Emanluke

Haha, make is a very strong word. I'm a pretty voracious reading when the mood strikes, so I typically don't mind reading!

Oh she is so lucky!! Also I bet she's a super good writer if you are enjoying her work. What genre does she write?

Hey if you want someone to read your chapter, I would be up to it! I'm no professional, just an avid reader! What grade do you teach? I am starting student teaching next semester and am focusing on the younger grades. Well, good luck with this challenge and I hope you heal quickly!

Thanks for the good wishes!

I teach science to 7th graders. This was my first year (change of career thing). Student teaching is soooo much work but fun and it's nice to get a job at the end. Good luck with that! Are you starting in the summer of fall?

Thanks for the good wishes!

I teach science to 7th graders. This was my first year (change of career thing). Student teaching is soooo much work but fun and it's nice to get a job at the end. Good luck with that! Are you starting in the summer of fall?

I start in the fall. I am very nervous but very excited!!

Oh she is so lucky!! Also I bet she's a super good writer if you are enjoying her work. What genre does she write?

She has published two fantasy novels within the same world (her first and then a prequel) and has finished a third that is caught somewhere between a psychological drama and fantasy. She is still editing the third, but I'm hoping once we finally move in together at the end of the summer that she'll get inspired to finish it up. 

I start in the fall. I am very nervous but very excited!!

Lauri-b, I just finished up my student teaching at the primary level! I'm a music teacher, so I worked with Pre-K through 5. Like mcwrites said, it is a lot of work, but the experience is very much worth it. I'd much rather be doing that than trying to find a job, haha! That is my 1-up this challenge - I really should add that to my list.

Current 6 Week Challenge

~ Emanluke

Lauri-b, I just finished up my student teaching at the primary level! I'm a music teacher, so I worked with Pre-K through 5. Like mcwrites said, it is a lot of work, but the experience is very much worth it. I'd much rather be doing that than trying to find a job, haha! That is my 1-up this challenge - I really should add that to my list.

Congrats on finishing your student teaching! Music at the primary level sounds like a lot of fun!  I know my student teaching will be challenging but I am eager for that experience in a classroom. I have only seen bits and pieces, short group lessons mostly, because I have completed the majority of my courses online to stay at home with my children. That's the biggest challenge- my youngest will only be 5 months old when I start my student teaching! But I know it will be worth it!

Hi all!

So cool to see all of you discuss my favorite topic! I'll report my progress than come back to answer :)

Today's progress:

- Morning Pilates 20 min

- Evening Yoga 20 min

- Food diary- on top of it!

- Writing: 200 words before work - 20 min edits after work!

Cheers!

Ooohhh intrigued by your novel!! Sounds awesome. Great goals as well- narrowing down is such a fantastic idea. Happy challenging!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

Hi all!

So cool to see all of you discuss my favorite topic! I'll report my progress than come back to answer :)

Today's progress:

- Morning Pilates 20 min

- Evening Yoga 20 min

- Food diary- on top of it!

- Writing: 200 words before work - 20 min edits after work!

Cheers!

Awesome progress!!! Keep it up! You got this!

Cheers!!!

If You Want Something Awesome To Happen, You Have To Be Awesome!

Quick post to say that so far I've done

Pilates - 4 days

Yoga - 1 day (end of school year - crazy nights)

Food diary - 4 days

Writing - 3 days

Having a hard time sticking with it this week - too many external commitment...

Quick post to say that so far I've done

Pilates - 4 days

Yoga - 1 day (end of school year - crazy nights)

Food diary - 4 days

Writing - 3 days

Having a hard time sticking with it this week - too many external commitment...

Going strong on 3/4ths of your goals! I would say that counts as a good week, especially given the external circumstances. Keep up the good work and add in the yoga when you can.

Current 6 Week Challenge

~ Emanluke

Hey McWrites! Great progress! Now...on to important topics, so sword and sorcery steampunk you say???

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

Ok so far this week I got some hits and some misses

- Pilates: 5 days (As planned)

- Yoga: 2 days (short 4 sessions)

- Food diary - everyday as planned.

- Writing - 4 days (short 3)

Had an MRI this week, my spine is fine. My doctor told me to ditch the cane as much as possible because my muscles might weaken (it was the physio who told me to use it)

I didn't use it around the house all week-end.

So knowing my spine is fine, I'm less scared of exercising now. I'm staring to feel stronger from the Pilates.

Getting a cortisone injection in my hip this coming Friday. Dr thought it was a good thing to try.

Hey McWrites! Great progress! Now...on to important topics, so sword and sorcery steampunk you say???

Yes it is :) I am coining the term as mine! Lol

Here's the elevator pitch:

"In an alternative Victorian world, ravaged by extreme climate, a proud mystic witch must team with a crafty airship privateer to prevent a coldblooded sorcerer from enslaving their world."

M-C

Going strong on 3/4ths of your goals! I would say that counts as a good week, especially given the external circumstances. Keep up the good work and add in the yoga when you can.

Thank you! I added a little more this week-end but yeah pretty good for a first week.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines