Since I've joined the 6 week challenge, I figure the next step is starting my battle log. I think having a specific place to keep track of everything will be a good thing for me. This is primarily going to be a place where I track my workouts since I use Sparkpeople to track my food. I'll post general info about my food intake as another way to keep me accountable.

5/30

Coming soon since I'm at work at the moment.

Didn't go as well as planned. I got back from my out-of-town meeting a bit later than expected not feeling particularly well. I'm so far behind on sleep this week that I thought that trying to do some real exercise would be dangerous. Then it started raining so I couldn't take a walk outside either.

Sometimes days like this happen. I travel 2-3 days a week for work and if I end up leaving later than I planned, I may not have time to make it to the gym.

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

STR:2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 |

CON: 4 | WIS:7.5 | CHA:2.5 |

| Female | 5'3" | 180lbs | Southpaw |

Strive for progress, not perfection. - Unknown

Battle Log | Personal Blog | Current Challenge

6/3

Another day of bad luck. Something I ate for lunch did not agree with me and I am in no shape to do any exercise tonight. Anything more than a slow walk hurts.

6/4

2pm: Everything is going good so far. Didn't eat anything that I hadn't planned out last night. Planning on doing bodyweight circuits after work and a quick trip to the grocery store.

7pm: Minor setback. I cut one of my fingers pretty good trying to figure out how the spare blade slides back into my mandolin. Using my hand too much or too much pressure that's not right on the cut makes it bled more. So, I did some exercises that did't need my hands as much.

6/13

I think I need to reduce some of the squats and/or lunges in the bodyweight workout. My knees are more sore than I think they should be for a day or two afterwards. But, I think I'm going to start by cutting back to 2x a week and doing something else for one of the days.

6/16

I had a mini-vacation to attend a comedy festival. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry when I was packing and forgot to grab my exerise gear (and my alarm clock, earplugs, and shampoo). So while I didn't really get any excerise in, I did eat pretty healthily. Even when I went to a restaurant I had things that weren't deep-fried.

Apparently, I'm bad at updating this.

6/18

C25K day, still playing it safe and doing week 1.

Ran right about 1 3/4 loops on the 1/20 mile track during the running portions.

The steps on my pedometer showed a little over 1 3/4 miles completed. I think I'll easily be able to complete 2 miles when I decide that I'm ready for week 2.

7/26

Tried doing day 1 of C25K outside because it was unusually cool today. Failed miserably. I didn't realize that I was dehydrated until I started running and got pain in my shoulder and the beginnings of a stitch in my side. I had to stop running after the 3rd interval and walked the rest of the way home. I also didn't realize how much of a difference the slight padding the elevated track at my gym makes.

On the plus side, I did get just over 2,600 steps in about 25 minutes. Considering I was walking very slow for most of it, I'm happy with getting somewhere around 1.25 miles finished.

I took a break for a while from this. I was struggling with a lot of things and managing the challenges was just one thing too many for me to handle. I thought I would be alright it keeping track of eating right and getting exercise, but I let distractions and "things" get in the way. I started to stress-eat again and gained weight.

I'm not happy with myself for letting this happen (again). But, today is a new day and I'm starting fresh. I bought the Rebel Fitness Guide last night and I'm going to follow that for my exercise plan instead of convincing myself that I can make up a good plan on my own. For now, I'm putting aside C25K. Despite my efforts with it I always spent most of my time hating it, so I'm not going to force myself into doing it if I don't enjoy it. I think part of my struggle with getting enough exercise was that I dreaded going to the gym and doing C25K.

So my plan is the rebel fitness workouts 3x a week and then walking/jogging on the off-days. Sometimes my work schedule can be a little wonky, so I will adjust to make sure that I'm always doing the fitness workout 3x a week. If I miss a day or two of walking every once in a while, so be it.