Patchwolf wakes up early…

Thorns

Good run at luncthime.  :)  5.7km  I'm expecting to add another 4000 steps before I get home tonight as well.  :)

Tomorrow's plan includes Boot Camp!

Still no coke.  Lots of water instead.

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 7.5 | CON 9 | WIS 7.5| CHA 5.5

Challenges: 1 | Current | Battle Log
"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."

Good job!  I walked home from work yesterday :)  Wasn't at the point of walking back to get the car, though, and had my husband drop me off before he ran some errands.  I did park faaaaaaaar away from the door, though.Maybe the day will come that I walk to and from work!

Question--I'd like to use the track here (I work at a school) over lunch, but how do you manage coming back to work all sweaty after a run?  I look so whupped after any type of exertion, and it's so humid here that I get drenched in no time in the noon-day sun.

Level 4 Twi'lek Adventurer

STR: 3 | DEX: 4 | STA: 7 | CON: 10 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 5.5

Current Challenge

Do not betray your fellow bats.  FOTB!

Question--I'd like to use the track here (I work at a school) over lunch, but how do you manage coming back to work all sweaty after a run?  I look so whupped after any type of exertion, and it's so humid here that I get drenched in no time in the noon-day sun.

Ahhh... my workplace has a pair of showers on the 2nd floor.  Mind you, that's 2 showers in a 32-story building, where each floor can hold up to 150 people...  Sometimes there's a bit of a queue.  I solve that by going to lunch just a little bit later.

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."

Way to go making up for missing boot camp with the walk and run patch! Starting this challenge off right even though you missed boot camp! Keep it up!

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

STR: 6.75 DEX: 2.75 STA: 6 CON: 6 WIS: 4 CHA: 1.5

First Challenge

"The coward believes he will live forever if he holds back in battle, but in old age he shall have no peace though spears have spared his limbs." - Havamal

Good job!  I walked home from work yesterday :)  Wasn't at the point of walking back to get the car, though, and had my husband drop me off before he ran some errands.  I did park faaaaaaaar away from the door, though.Maybe the day will come that I walk to and from work!

Do you have a school locker room that you could use to freshen up after the run?

If not, I used to workout on my lunch breaks (indoors, though, so not quite so sweaty) and found that if I just toweled off, totally changed my clothes (including undergarments), washed my face, and touched up my makeup and deodorant I could pull it off. 

That said, I grew up in Texas, and there is no way I could've pulled that off there... even with an indoor workout. Far too hot in the summers. 

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

STR 12 | DEX 2 | STA 9 | CON 13.5 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 8.75

challenge 1 | challenge 2 | challenge 3 | challenge 4 current challenge 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver

Yeah there's no real way to exercise in the middle of the day and not get wrecked if you've got heat and humidity :(

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer Looking to Become an Assassin with Some Druid and Monk capabilities

Current Stats: (STR) 1 || (DEX) 1 || (STA) 1 || (CON) 2 || (WIS) 4 || (CHA) 6

Progress:
Date:  2013-06-05,  9:20am (Day 3)
  • Weight Loss:       0.0kg                       (00%)
  • Coke Zero Intake:  0 mls                       (100%)
  • Boot Camps:        2                           (17%)
  • Total Steps:       30,037 +  11,023 =  41,060  (10%)
  • Words Written:     6684 - 5843 = 841           (10%)

My super awesome alarm clock coke me up this morning. right as he said "Rise and Shine!"  It was awesome.

Boot Camp this morning was also awesome, but very tiring.  3 minute boxing drill rounds, followed by 50 mountain climbers, and more 3 minute boxing rounds.  (1st round: 50 jab-jab-cross combos, 200 uppercuts in total.  I don't even know how many punches I threw in the second round, because it was just full on -- elbows followed by a jab/cross/jab combo.  Then we did a plank to a hand slap (two partners, both in plank, and you take one hand off to high five the other person) -- 2 touches, then run half the basketball court and 2 crunches.  Then back for 4 touch-planks, run, 4 crunches, then 6, then 8, then 10, then 8, 6, 4, and 2 again.  Finally we finished off by doing increasing sets -- 10 speed punches (each), run half the basketball court, do one pushup, and run back.  Then 20 punches, run, 2 pushups, run.  Then 30/3, 40/4, 50/5, 60/6, 70/7, 80/8, 90/9, finally to finish off with 100/10.

Batman would be proud.

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

WOW, that IS a killer session! Way to kick serious ass (and also way to remember everything you did! If I worked anywhere near that hard, I'd forget about half of what I'd done). 

Agreed. Batman would be so proud.

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

That's a crazy workout dude! How do you even move after something like that? Way to kick your second day in the face. Awesome job!

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

"The coward believes he will live forever if he holds back in battle, but in old age he shall have no peace though spears have spared his limbs." - Havamal

WOW, that IS a killer session! Way to kick serious ass (and also way to remember everything you did! If I worked anywhere near that hard, I'd forget about half of what I'd done). 

Agreed. Batman would be so proud.

Today was a medium (7 or 8/10) on the intensity scale -- though I'm still knackered after that session.  There have been days where the intensity is dialled up to 8 or 9... that's when I have scale back a lot of the exercises (mountain climbers on an incline rather than flat on the ground).

It helped that today was boxing drills... 20 years of karate classes have given me some stamina for that sort of thing.

That's a crazy workout dude! How do you even move after something like that? Way to kick your second day in the face. Awesome job!

Very very slowly, my friend.  I have a 1.6km (1 mile) walk uphill to work from my boot camp.  Go for the extra burn!  Especially when carrying a backpack (or two).  Luckily I have an hour to make the walk...

(And this is 3 days kicked in the face for me.   :))

BATMAN IS PROUD.

Yay!  Mission Accomplished (for today).

Still, I reckon I threw more than 1000 punches this morning.  I'm just picturing them all as the Joker's clowns.

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

Okay, so it's 7:10pm now, and I am beat.  Insane workout, a hell of a day of ups and downs, nothing in the middle.  Forgot my wallet and work pass at home (bad), insanely good workout and good weigh-in (awesome: for here on out, I'm substituting the word awesome with batman).  Got to work to find out that two of fellow team leads were out of action for the day, so I have to handle their "on fire" items for the day with no background info or way to contact them (totally not their fault, but still bad).

So the end of Day 3 progress track:

:encouragement: Weight Loss: if the scales today are to be believed, I'm down 1.3 Kg already,  Definitely on track.

:encouragement: Soft Drink Consumption: Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.  Zero.  Not even Coke Zero (though I desperately wanted some today).

:encouragement: Boot Camps: I aimed for 2 / week, so I'm on track.

:encouragement: Steps: I'm about 10,000 steps ahead of schedule, so I can be comatose for a day and still make it.

:encouragement: Words written: None today, but I was pretty productive yesterday and the day before.  I've done about 4 days' worth of writing so far, and am planning to write some more tomorrow.

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

Very very slowly, my friend.  I have a 1.6km (1 mile) walk uphill to work from my boot camp.  Go for the extra burn!  Especially when carrying a backpack (or two).  Luckily I have an hour to make the walk...

I can not even fathom doing that then walking uphill.  I stand in amazement of your batness.

Current Challenge

So way to destroy all your goals Patch! Reading about your workouts makes me sore haha. And keep off that Coke! Resist! You're doing so good (not even a sip? So Batman!). Whenever you find yourself considering getting some Coke (even Zero), imagine the rest of us standing between you and the vending machine/ cashier looking disappointed and ready to fight. Do you want Coke bad enough to fight your way through the fellowship? To betray your fellow bats? I don't think so. Stay strong! FOTB!

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

So way to destroy all your goals Patch! Reading about your workouts makes me sore haha. And keep off that Coke! Resist! You're doing so good (not even a sip? So Batman!). Whenever you find yourself considering getting some Coke (even Zero), imagine the rest of us standing between you and the vending machine/ cashier looking disappointed and ready to fight. Do you want Coke bad enough to fight your way through the fellowship? To betray your fellow bats? I don't think so. Stay strong! FOTB!

And remember, I have a sledgehammer!  My arms may be too noodly to swing it, but it's still there looking all scary and formidible!

Silas, that bit about looking disappointed and betraying the Fellowship?  Most effective guilt trip ever!  I had to update my signature, 

Current Challenge

You are really crushing it! I am in awe. And another thing to keep in mind when you want to drink that soda, is that .... what the hell is in it? How is it zero calories and zero carbs? It's witchcraft I tell you, and not the good kind. Were you craving the cold carbonated feel? You could get carbonated water, get it ice cold, and then put a little fruit in it or something!

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer Looking to Become an Assassin with Some Druid and Monk capabilities

Glad to have inspired you Katia haha

Great idea for a replacement too Arkham! I'd be wary of replacing stuff in your diet plan too often, but on those days when you can't take the craving, carbonated water with some fruit > coke/ coke zero.

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

YES! So batman. I'm also very impressed with your Soft Drink Resistance. Way to stay super strong on a rough day. KEEP IT UP. 

Do not betray your fellow bats. FOTB!

LOVE THIS. Thanks for that Silas and Vortex!!!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

Thanks guys.  I stayed clean, I promise.  And that's a greta mental image, Silas -- a crowd of frineds standing between me and the vending machine.  I'd have to be really rude to push through, and I'm not like that.  I'll keep that in mind.

I was exhausted -- practically fell asleep myself when putting the kids to bed.  Went to bed myself at 9.00pm, and didn't get up until 4.45am when my batman alarm clock woke me up with Rise and Shine.

Got dressed, and went to boot camp.  Found 10-kilo (22.5 lbs) sandbags waiting for me.  Routine this morning: 100 bent over rows.  Then as a team, we did rotations of deadlifts (with the sandbag), deep lunges, and a run the length of the basketball court and back.  You did you station for as long as it took the runner to run, then swapped.  We kept going until everyone had reached 200 deadlifts.  Short break, then a new rotation:  Chest presses (with the sandbag), jumping jacks, and a sprint to the opposite baseline and back until everyone had reached 250 chest presses.  Short break, new rotation: dips, reverse crunches, high knee run to the half-court line and back, until everyone reached 200 dips.  New rotation: Tuck jumps (I did squats), bicycle crunches, and heel kick runs to half court until everyone reached 100 tuck jumps.  Last rotation:  Russian twists (regular version), lunges, and a side-shuffle to half court until everyone had done 200 Russian Twists.

Plan for the rest of the day includes: no soft drink (not even feeling a craving right now), writing during my lunch break, and a productive and fun day.

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

Thanks guys.  I stayed clean, I promise.  And that's a greta mental image, Silas -- a crowd of frineds standing between me and the vending machine.  I'd have to be really rude to push through, and I'm not like that.  I'll keep that in mind.

I was exhausted -- practically fell asleep myself when putting the kids to bed.  Went to bed myself at 9.00pm, and didn't get up until 4.45am when my batman alarm clock woke me up with Rise and Shine.

Got dressed, and went to boot camp.  Found 10-kilo (22.5 lbs) sandbags waiting for me.  Routine this morning: 100 bent over rows.  Then as a team, we did rotations of deadlifts (with the sandbag), deep lunges, and a run the length of the basketball court and back.  You did you station for as long as it took the runner to run, then swapped.  We kept going until everyone had reached 200 deadlifts.  Short break, then a new rotation:  Chest presses (with the sandbag), jumping jacks, and a sprint to the opposite baseline and back until everyone had reached 250 chest presses.  Short break, new rotation: dips, reverse crunches, high knee run to the half-court line and back, until everyone reached 200 dips.  New rotation: Tuck jumps (I did squats), bicycle crunches, and heel kick runs to half court until everyone reached 100 tuck jumps.  Last rotation:  Russian twists (regular version), lunges, and a side-shuffle to half court until everyone had done 200 Russian Twists.

Plan for the rest of the day includes: no soft drink (not even feeling a craving right now), writing during my lunch break, and a productive and fun day.

WOW! How do you feel? Yay to no craving for a soft drink! Can't wait to hear more! :D 

Level 2 Human Adventurer

STR 3.5 | DEX 2 | STA 6 | CON 3 | WIS 7 | CHA 3.5| <--no clue what this means..click here and here explaining how to level up.

The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best. -Epictetus

My 2nd 6 week challenge

My first 6 week challenge

Accountabilibuddies: The Mighty Adventuring Companions

Tired, physically.  But charged up mentally.  You could talk me into going for a 10 km run right now and I'd be like "Yeah!  Let's do it!  Right now!"

Alas, I'm at work.  :(

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

That boot camp sounds brutal. I kind of want to do it! Isn't it kind of harsh on the last person to finish up their rotation though, if they're having to go slow?

No...  Everyone keeps doing it until the last person has finished.  We'll all only as fast as the slowest moving person.

We all also understand that we've all been there at some point in time, so I haven't even seen so much as a dirty look.  :)  You just armour up, and soldier on, getting more benefit out of it.

It is tough -- only sometimes brutal -- but it is a lot of fun, and man-oh-man is it working.  Shredded 1.3 kilos in 8 days... and I know for a fact is not all water weight lost (since I've been on a gradual decline since the beginning of April).

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines