The Road to Swole Acceptence

Ibqfot3.jpg

Brah-thers and swole-sisters we live in trying times. Gone are the days of Titans. Times when er'body be mirin mastodons the likes of Doug Young, Doyle Kenedy, and Bill Kazmaier. This is our new "ideal". We now live in a world where swole-shaming is the norm (exhibit A, exhibit B).

I say enough is enough. Its time to take a stand against swolehate in all forms. Join me in spreading the message of swole acceptance

Goals

To be truly Swole one must be:

Swole of Body

- Total 1450 at USPA Nationals

- Stay below 250 lbs

Swole of Heart

​- Conditioning once a week

Swole of Mind

Study 2 hrs a week

• Like 1

Greatest challenge thread ever!  I remember seeing Kazamier on World's Strongest Man events all the time as a kid.  Doyle Kenedy should be worshiped for his beard alone.  And I now have my new favorite quote thanks to your "Swole Acceptance" link.  

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

OMG exhibit B is the WORST. Especially that tiny girl. Shaun wossit. There are only muscles there because she has no fat to cover them up! Upper body strength my squatting behind.

*facepalm*

I'm with you! Swole acceptance!

I feel like we need a patch or something.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

OMG exhibit B is the WORST. Especially that tiny girl. Shaun wossit. There are only muscles there because she has no fat to cover them up! Upper body strength my squatting behind.

*facepalm*

Yeah, she especially jumped out because she's scrawny, not muscular!

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I'm here, I'm watching, love the challenge, get that 1450.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Greatest challenge thread ever!  I remember seeing Kazamier on World's Strongest Man events all the time as a kid.  Doyle Kenedy should be worshiped for his beard alone. 

Besides being Swole they all had beards too. Coincidence? I think not.

fc,550x550,white.u3.jpg

If that is the ideal guy now...no wonder we have a problem with bullying.  He has "pick on me" written all over him...

stop-bullying_o_989491.jpg

Doug Young is pretty much my lifting hero! 

Mine too. Here's a link to the vids where he won the 1977 Worlds with a broker rib.

http://www.allthingsgym.com/doug-young-1977-world-powerlifting-championships/

Doug Young is pretty much my lifting hero!  In awe at your numbers, btw.  Much respect.

Also, exhibit B is super depressing.

Am I just blind or something? I look at exhibit B and I'm like what bulging muscle? Those women just look like they're in shape!!

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

Here are my more fleshed out goals.

Swole of Body

- Total 1450 at USPA Nationals

My goal weights per lift are SQ - 550, BP - 350, DL - 575. I know that puts me at a 1475 but I want to leave myself some wiggle room. 

I plan on running the LRB Strong 15 Short peaking program.

Here's how the weekly layout will go:

Mon

Squat - LRB Strong 15

GHR

Power Clean

Wed

Bench Press - LRB Strong 15

BB Rows

Pulldowns

Fri/Sat

Deadlift - LRB Strong 15

CG Bench Press

Front Squat

Prowler

- Stay below 250 lbs

Nothing special here, I just need to be within 10 lbs of 242 the week out from the competition. This way I can just water manipulate the rest. 

Gonna go with daily macros of P - 300, C - 200, F - 100. 

Swole of Heart

​- Conditioning once a week

Something I really need to focus on. Prowler every Fri or Sat using this workout:

Workout 1: Easy

* Weight - 90lbs
* Distance - 40 yards
* Sprints/Walks - 10
* Rest Periods: 60-90 seconds

Swole of Mind

Study 2 hrs a week

I'm completely flexible here. I have a ton of S&C and diet books ready to consume.

Here's my to read list:

*facepalm*

Wow, exhibit B is horrible!  Those girls are not too big!  Jessica Biel doesn't look manly!  No one needs to "stop training".  Scrawny girls have the appearance of "muscle tone" just because they don't have any fat on their bodies to cover up the tiny muscles they have.  Sigh.

Muscular women are beautiful!

Nice work. I'm really looking forward to some Smolov later this year.

Sent from my iPhone- please forgive length and autocorrects (yes, I'm blaming it on the phone).

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I don't trust anyone who feels they have to explain what pizza is...

500 / 330 / 625

^This.

Yeah, good article, two exerpts that really hit me were :

"In our society, consumption is a form of entertainment and pleasure. Eating is part of this: from the theatre of a meal at a fine-dining establishment to a bag of chips augmenting the television-viewing experience. Most people do not overeat because of a feeling of hunger emanating from the stomach; they are giving in to a desire to consume – they are seeking pleasure or relief, or hoping to fill a void."

and

"Other consequences of fatness are irreversible. Someone who has never been fat is metabolically healthier (they can eat more) and will live longer than someone who has been fat and no longer is."

Didn't know that second one.

500 / 330 / 625

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines