do or do not: Lady Churl's six-week challenge

Nope, haven't moved yet. My brother and sis-in-law move in today; we move out in two weeks. I guess we coulda timed it better, but...y'know. ;)

Confession Time! So I've hit a bit of a slump this week, chums. I ran on Tuesday, but I've missed two strength training workouts this week, on Monday and Wednesday (SHAME!) AND I ate wheat last night, via a piece of bread at the table when we were out at dinner celebrating my son's grade eight graduation (DOUBLE SHAME!).

What I've learned from this, though, is that:

a) Despite messing up this week, I am still motivated to complete my challenge. My "do or do not" mantra has got to soften a little, because life is life and sometimes you screw up and are tempted by Demon Bread or lured away from strength training by Grade 8 Graduations and Celebration Dinners. You can continue spiralling into further screw up, or you can slap your face (or ass), regroup and get it together. So I'm looking forward to my run tonight with new resolve. (Reading this recent post on Mark's Daily Apple was helpful!)

B) Whoa nelly. Crusty, wheaty, pillowy, delicious bread is BAD NEWS for Lady Churl. WAYYYY bad news. I will spare y'all the gory details... But. Never. Ever. Again. (Until I mess up again because I am dumb!)

Hope you all are soldiering through Week 4!

Lady Churl, Adventuress

Current Challenge: do or do not: Lady Churl's six-week challenge

Accountabilibuddies: Proud "eighth wheel" of Yoda's Padawans

NF Goal #4 is to blog about food here: http://wordnerdchow.wordpress.com

I'm on The Twitters: @LadyChurl

I too am in reset mode this morning. 

While I got up and did my crossfit yesterday, it was really hard and I sucked at the WOD.  That put me in funk that I couldn't shake the rest of the day.  plus I was so tired - swim meet Tuesday evening went until 10pm.  and it was raining.  so eventually I talked myself out of the additional daily 30 minutes of activity goal and I yelled at #1 three times.  he is in such a moody teenager mode and I was like a moody teenager myself yesterday so...

today is a new day.

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

I'm totally with you with bread...it is my weakness. I could easily eat it for every meal in some capacity. It's okay to have an off week, hopefully it just leaves you wanting to push yourself into week number five!

Keep up the good work and don't beat yourself up too much :)

Level 2 Human Adventurer

STR: 6 |  CON: 5.25

DEX: 1  |  WIS: 5.25

STA: 5.75  |  CHA: 4.5

My First Challenge

My Second (Current) Challenge

-Second Challenge Progress Blog

"Don't freak out until there is a reason to freak out." -My grandmother

You can continue spiralling into further screw up, or you can slap your face (or ass), regroup and get it together. So I'm looking forward to my run tonight with new resolve.

Love the attitude! That's how I feel about the week we just had at the cottage.  Nothing major, just toooooo muuuuuch foooood, and too little exercise

Let's kick week five's butt together :)

Kilana, Elven Assassin

STR +3.8 | DEX +2 | STA +3.3CON +6.6 | WIS +5.5 | CHA +6.5
1st challenge, started June 3rd, 2013
2nd challenge, started September 19, 2013

3rd challenge, started June 10th, 2014

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines