Down and Dirty. You know it.

So, after some crazy brain dreams between squatting this morning, I decided to head up the old D&D crew again.  Since I went Warrior, we are again cross guild.  Sign up, get mad, and get dirty!

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior
STR: 25 | DEX: 11.75 | STA: 9.75
CON: 13.5 | WIS: 10.75 | CHA: 3

Challenge | DAI-GURREN | Stop Smoking

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding. - TMBG

Pay the Iron Price. - Balon Greyjoy

I am in of course!  Once a D&D, always a D&D.  :)  I am not sure if I will be with the Assassins or Druids this challenge.  I am picking only two goals to work on, based on stuff I actually want to do, and my overall theme is "just enjoy the summer."  :)

Glad to see so many returning Rebels and some new faces in the D&Ds!  :)  I think I am sticking with the Assassins; I am an Assassin at heart, even though I'm not doing any bodyweight, parkour, or dexterity goals right this second.  I will be an assassin in the shadows, preparing mentally and biding my time...  

I think I've settled on my two goals for this challenge, and I'll be fine-tuning them this weekend for posting in my thread.  I am really looking forward to making yoga my main focus.  I needz some flexibility!  :)

Welcome back, Agent.  I know you are gonna crush this challenge.

And Sambie, just remember my motto and go read that Coach Rip quote when things get hard.  You ARE part of that community now and forever!

And because we have a newbie, my obligatory posting (also for you, Sambie).

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior

Welcome back, Agent.  I know you are gonna crush this challenge.

And Sambie, just remember my motto and go read that Coach Rip quote when things get hard.  You ARE part of that community now and forever!

And because we have a newbie, my obligatory posting (also for you, Sambie).

KID PRESIDENT!!  :D  I love that he is our official unofficial mascot.  

Also, I screw around in Photoshop for fun, so if you want desktop image or facebook cover or something, let me know.  I am always looking for more stuff to do with Photoshop, and sometimes my brain can't come up with creative stuff.  Here is my latest mashup.

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior

What up!?!? Here we go again! Totally pumped to fire it back up for the new challenge! Of course I don't have anything written yet, but all in good time. I love the smell of new challenge!

Level 3 Tyrannosaurus Rex Ranger

*Current Stats*
STR: 9.85 DEX: 4.85 STA: 5.75 CON: 4.75 WIS: 7.1 CHA: 4

Current Challenge

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Finally got my challenge thread up, and resisting the urge to edit the heck out of it. It was a tough one to write.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30010-Absidey's-Challenge:-Don't-Sink,-Take-Swim-Lessons

Also took a quick browse of threads, looking forward to seeing how some of you do the different sort of goals... Might be emulating you in the future.

I don't really feel qualified to help newbies. I almost feel like I should be on that list this round.

Bobby is yelling at me to get in the shower so we can go hiking. But I have a serious internet business to attend to! Bah, life, always getting in the way...

=)

Absidey

LEVEL12

STR11 DEX13 STA20

CON29 WIS17 CHA11

Fear is the mind-killer.

Main Goal: Lose 20 Hip/Waist inches

95%
95%

Current Challenge

Challenge thread is up. To the HYPERLINK! Oh BTW I am an assassin now.

Level 3 Tyrannosaurus Rex Ranger

*Current Stats*
STR: 9.85 DEX: 4.85 STA: 5.75 CON: 4.75 WIS: 7.1 CHA: 4

Current Challenge

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

So you guys seem really bad ass.... I was wondering if you have room for another hardcore chick? You all seem perfect for my style :)

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

So you guys seem really bad ass.... I was wondering if you have room for another hardcore chick? You all seem perfect for my style :)

Welcome.  There is always room for one more.

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior

Hey guys...this is my first challenge, and I would like in on this group too.  The video alone makes you guys better than the other groups.  Thank you for Kid President.  I am officially pep talked, and ready for this challenge.

Welcome aboard.  Time to get dirty!

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior

Hey - I do not know how this normally works, but I added everyone in here as a friend and thouroughly plan to utilize this board as accountability.  I am somewhat new to this lifestyle, but I have had past experience. I have lost 70 pounds a couple of times in my life prior to now, but have done it differently each time.  I would love to know you guys' stories as well.

The post I put into the goal thread in the adventurer forum:

Hey Everyone! My name is Kevin. I have been reading NF for quite a while now, but this is my first challenge.

I have been pretty committed since the end of January this year. I did an initial 60 days of Paleo, but have lost the edge for my diet...so this challenge is great timing for me. I have only lost 14 pounds since I began, but I am growing stronger, and my clothes are fitting better.

My goals:

1. Stick to 90% Paleo and/or lose 10 lbs. I have been going to the gym, but my diest has been lacking for a couple of months.

2. Bench press 200 lbs - My current max is 185. I did that twice last week.

3. 10 planks for 30 seconds (in one session). My current max is 4 planks for 30 seconds.

4. Find a temporary second source of income to begin putting money away for our house downpayment for next year.

I plan to continue going to the gym 3-5 times each week. I need to focus on my will power again. I was good during my first 60 days.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines