Quaintly Joins the Rangers

quaintly

Hello! I've decided to venture out from the Adventurers for a challenge with you wonderful Rangers! This is my third challenge, and I've figured out I like both running and lifting (so, trying to be stronger than a Scout and faster than a Warrior... ;)). I'm trying to build running endurance and strength this challenge, which seems to be right up the Ranger alley. Hopefully, I'm not leaving the Adventurers prematurely, but I think I've figured out the path I want to follow. Anyway, on to goals...

Goal 1: Run at least 10 miles per week [+3 STA, +2 DEX]

I'm really terrible about skipping my runs. Like, awful. I've tried for time goals in the last two challenges, and I just haven't been consistent enough to see improvements. If I keep consistent with my training plan now, I'll be running about 10 miles per week, so I need to stay accountable.

A: 60 or more miles logged by the end of the challenge B: 50 miles C: 40 miles D: 30 miles F: Less than 30 miles

Goal 2: Squat and deadlift 1XBW [+5 STR]

I'm currently following Stronglifts for my lifting. I should hit 1XBW on deadlift on week four of the challenge and 1XBW squats on week 4 or 5 (depending on my own weight loss). I think this leaves me enough wiggle room (especially because I'm not sure of my access to a gym for one week of the challenge), but I don't see my linear progression ending quite that quickly on lifts that require my rather large - ahem - posterior.

A: 1XBW on both B: 1XBW on one of them C: 0.75XBW for both D: 0.5XBW for both F: Less than 0.5XBW for either

Goal 3: Get up between 6 and 6:30 (or earlier) every day [+1 WIS]

My last challenge, my goal was to get up between 7 and 7:30 every day. I did pretty well on this and found out I rather like the mornings (and I'm even nicer and more productive during them!). So this challenge, I'm going to get even more of them in my day. Anytime between 6 and 6:30 is acceptable; however, days that I'm out of state visiting my family will not count against me unless I sleep past 8.

A: Up every day on time B: Miss 5 days C: Miss 10 days D: Miss 15 days F: Miss more than 15 days

Goal 4: Eat my five a day! [+4 CON]

Did anyone else play those weird five servings of fruit and vegetables per day video games in elementary school? Probably just me. Anyway, I'm really good at calorie counting, and it's help me lose about 30 pounds so far. However, lately those calories haven't been from the greatest sources. I'm aiming to get in five servings of fruit and vegetables per day to combat this.

A: Eat five servings every day B: Miss 5 days C: Miss 10 days D: Miss 15 days F: Miss more than 15 days

Lvl. 3 Gnome

STR - 4.25/DEX - 2.5/STA - 6.25/CON - 5.5/WIS - 9/CHA - 7.25

Tumblr

Current Challenge / Challenge 2 / Challenge 1

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

Fantastic goals! I had a no snooze one last challenge which helped with wake-up times. Glad to see another adventurer-turned ranger. :) Also, your numbers for lifting look intense - but this is coming from a brand-spanking-new lifter. Best of luck!

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Fantastic goals! I had a no snooze one last challenge which helped with wake-up times. Glad to see another adventurer-turned ranger. :) Also, your numbers for lifting look intense - but this is coming from a brand-spanking-new lifter. Best of luck!

I'm actually just finishing up week 3 of Stronglifts myself! Starting off with the bar to 1XBW in about two months looks really reasonable on a newbie linear progression spreadsheet. If you're doing SS, you'll be there really soon, too!

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

I have similar goals to yours.  I'll definitely be following.

To help motivate you to run, consider finding a specific, tangible running goal that you really want to accomplish.  That way you can stick with the running even when it would be easy to make excuses.  For me, it is being able to run the complete length of a particular trail near my house.  I MUST CONQUER IT!  Even though I didn't make that my goal for the challenge specifically, its always there in my mind when I hit the difficult hills.

I agree about the mornings.  Semesters where I teach morning classes and have to get an early start to the day are always more productive than semesters where I teach afternoon classes and can wander in whenever I want.

Doc Brian, Rogue Professor

Level 2 Half-elf Ranger/Wizard

STR: 6 DEX: 4 STA: 4 CON: 3 WIS: 5 CHA: 5

Current challenge

Super goals! Love the specificity, I may have to alter my entry to have more granularity with grade levels :)

LVL1 Wood Elf Ranger | Weapons Master | Neutral Good

Male | 25 years | 5'9'' | 182 lbs

STR: 1 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 3

1st Challenge Begins 6/3/13"We brawlers are sustained by willpower! Even when mocked as reckless and crazy!

If there's a wall in our way then we smash it down! If there isn't a path, then we carve one ourselves!

The magma of our soul burns with a mighty flame!" - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Hey there, Quaintly! I also decided to hop over to Rangers after three rounds in Adventurers, and I think our goals are actually really similar this challenge! Looking forward to cheering you on here and in our LL accountabilibuddies thread.

Level 7 Ranger, Perpetual Newbie

Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?

Mary Oliver

Hi Quaintly!! I see you moved classes as well! :)

Looks like you have some good goals, I bet you'll ace this challenge!

When are you supposed to get your running in?

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

Can I just say that all of you rangers are so darn nice. Who knew the fearsome rangers would be so supportive? ;)

Hi Quaintly!! I see you moved classes as well! :)

Looks like you have some good goals, I bet you'll ace this challenge!

When are you supposed to get your running in?

My schedule has me running shorter maintenance runs on Tuesday and Thursday and a long run Saturday (or Sunday, depending on the social events that may happen Friday night). I've got it all written out in an excel calendar.

And now I'm going to wander over to your thread and sub!

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

I should probably add in that I'm giving myself leeway any day after a storm (aka I won't count sleeping in against me). If any of you have been watching the news, you've seen the crazy storms in Oklahoma lately. I'm in Norman: 10 minutes from Moore and 20 minutes from OKC. This season has just been incredibly terrible. I was at OU tonight taking shelter when they were telling us there was a rotation right above us. My friends who live in OKC are all flooded. This is just crazy, and season isn't even over yet. Just thought I'd put this up in anticipation. Ugh.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

Hey Quaintly, hope you're okay after that last set of storms. Sounds like it once again was right in your area. 

Level 7 Ranger, Perpetual Newbie

Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?

Mary Oliver

I hope the rangers don't mind a hippie druid stopping into their lair to say "hello"... :P

I love the goals, it looks like it is going to be a fun challenge for you! Good luck!

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

I hope the rangers don't mind a hippie druid stopping into their lair to say "hello"... :tongue:

I love the goals, it looks like it is going to be a fun challenge for you! Good luck!

Since you're one of the few that can back me up on how terrible the weather is here, I'm sure it'll be fine. ;)

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

Back from the store with a ton of fruits and veggies for the week. Let's do this thing. *dramatic pose*

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

Stats as of this morning:

Weight: 155 lbs.

Squat: 90 lbs (5X5)

Deadlift: 100 lbs (1X5)

Yeah, that's right, I broke three digits on one of my lifts! Already at 0.65XBW for a 1X5. So excited. Should be at 100 on squats by the end of the week. :D

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

Yeah, that's right, I broke three digits on one of my lifts! Already at 0.65XBW for a 1X5. So excited. Should be at 100 on squats by the end of the week. :D

DO IT!!! :)

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines