I *finally* got over here to read your stuff...sorry it took so long!  It's all kinda a lot to keep up with, and I don't have a good system yet.  Being out of town didn't help, either. :tongue:

I really like that 6 weeks to splits page.  I've never been able to come close to a split, and straddle-splits are just as bad.  I picked up a lot of good ideas from that site.  I imagine they could be applied to straddle-splits too.  Maybe if you did them on your fee with your butt in the air and elbows on the ground? ...well, I just tried that and it was a no-go.  But I could stand with my legs spread and rest my elbows on a table and feel a pull!  

I wish there was a way to favorite replies in threads--you've got so many great links for things throughout here!

Oh yeah, TOTALLY jealous over your move to Sweden!

I put all (I think) the links from this thread into my first post, at the bottom!

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer Looking to Become an Assassin with Some Druid and Monk capabilities

Current Stats: (STR) 1 || (DEX) 1 || (STA) 1 || (CON) 2 || (WIS) 4 || (CHA) 6

Hey there girl!  I'm still keeping in mind that I'm supposed to take pictures of those two steps in splits training I sent you.  But yeah... what Silas Randwulf said... the point is not to go all out on day 1, it's to put together 6 weeks of consistent progress.

Oh and I was thinking of you because the assassins are having a great discussion about push-up form. Figured you might want to eavesdrop a bit.  :-)

-jj

Sweet, thanks! Heading over there now. And no worries about the pictures! No rush at all. I'm "slowly" putting together a guide for front and center splits that I'll show you once there's more content. 

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer Looking to Become an Assassin with Some Druid and Monk capabilities

Day two has so far been busy with stuff, but now I'm home and have nothing to do for a few hours but catch up on Game of Thrones.... and do planks and pushups!

Woot! Crush it, Lady!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

STR 12 | DEX 2 | STA 9 | CON 13.5 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 8.75

challenge 1 | challenge 2 | challenge 3 | challenge 4 current challenge 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver

I've transmedia'd the hell of out that series.  I have the physical books (including one signed by the author), the audio books (unabridged), the comic books, the ebooks, the TV series on Blu-ray, and a photo with the author.  :)

My favourite series of all time, that is.  I loved the

-- it made me laugh, knowing what was coming.  Still brutal as hell, though.

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 7.5 | CON 9 | WIS 7.5| CHA 5.5

Challenges: 1 | Current | Battle Log
"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."

Waaaaa, that's amazing!  My personal best is 12.

Side note....ugh, Game of Thrones! That show destroys my nerves and emotions each week.  Are you caught up?

I'm not caught up! Trying my best, but didn't have free time for ages so just getting to it now Y_Y

Congratulations on your plank! It's a sure sign that you're going to ace your challenge! 

It's funny how Game of Thrones has exploded. I quietly read the books for years, and now all of the sudden  my distinctly non-nerd sister is constantly texting me memes and .gifs from it.

Loki Lvl 3 Half-Giant Adventurer [sTR 10 - DEX 6 - STA 5 - CON 9 - WIS 7.5 - CHA 9.5] Introduction Post First Challenge Saga Second Challenge Saga

Congratulations on your plank! It's a sure sign that you're going to ace your challenge! 

It's funny how Game of Thrones has exploded. I quietly read the books for years, and now all of the sudden  my distinctly non-nerd sister is constantly texting me memes and .gifs from it.

Definitely. I've been reading them for ages now, and I remember trying to explain them to people who looked at what I was reading during work breaks and getting funny/disgusted looks. Now everyone's all up on it! Can't complain though, the nerd life is the cool life now!

Crushed my water goal for the day and it's not even over yet. 72 ounces!

Ok, did my pushups for the day. Three, with knees, but feet up! I focused on putting my arms where they should be (per several of the links that can now be found in my initial post) and tried not to worry that I couldn't do many. Meager but solid beginnings, I think!

ArkhamWhore, gettin' it done. 3 push-ups even on your knees is waaaaay better than 0 push-ups! Baby steps remember. You will improve as long as you keep at it! When you're doing push-ups/ any exercise, imagine the fellowship around you, shouting encouragement (or getting angry with you for thinking about quitting if that works better lol).

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

STR: 6.75 DEX: 2.75 STA: 6 CON: 6 WIS: 4 CHA: 1.5

First Challenge

"The coward believes he will live forever if he holds back in battle, but in old age he shall have no peace though spears have spared his limbs." - Havamal

YES! Solid beginning indeed! I'm so glad to hear you were really focusing on form. So important! Makes it harder, of course, but then prevents injury, actually builds strength, and leads directly to Dark Knight pushups. 

Way to go!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

STR 12 | DEX 2 | STA 9 | CON 13.5 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 8.75

challenge 1 | challenge 2 | challenge 3 | challenge 4 current challenge 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver

Doing well with the water today, but haven't gotten to yoga or splits stretches yet. I'm on the move again today so I had to pack up my stuff and get everything in order to leave. I will be in a comfortable place tonight so I can do it then, and I might even be able to con my friend into doing it with me :) 

FotB!

Woop for the plank and the pushups!  And double big woop for the water consumption.    It's not one of my challenges, but I really failed on getting enough water in during the day today.  Was really dry during my gym classes and had to keep licking my lips.    I hope the instructor realises I was just thirsty and not licking my lips at him.  I mean he's hot (very) but he's also waaay too young for me! hahaah

Day 3 going good :)

Human – adventurer – level 2

STR:  2   DEX:  3   STA: 5

CON:  6         WIS:  8.5         CHA:  4.5

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

myfitnesspal

first challenge - smashed it!

second challenge - failed!

current challenge

For some reason my lips are really dry today, too. Hoping the water consumption will help with that over the next few days. I'm currently on a train! As soon as I get off I'm going to go eat an entire horse or two. Once it settles, challenge time! And Game of Thrones episode 9 time!

Ooooo!  Film yourselves while watching it.  Seriously.  The reaction shots on the interwebs have been priceless!  I knew it was coming, having read the books, but for those who don't....  Oh man!

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 7.5 | CON 9 | WIS 7.5| CHA 5.5

Challenges: 1 | Current | Battle Log
"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."

For some reason my lips are really dry today, too. Hoping the water consumption will help with that over the next few days. I'm currently on a train! As soon as I get off I'm going to go eat an entire horse or two. Once it settles, challenge time! And Game of Thrones episode 9 time!

I recommend not trying to drink too much water while watching the episode...don't want to waste the precious, life giving water by spraying it out in a reaction to the episode haha

Hopefully you were able to get your friend to workout with you...makes it so much easier I think.

Keep up the good work!

Ian Fin 8 - Lvl 1 Slow Mutant Rebel

Current Challenge - Attempting the Dark Tower: Part 1
Accountabilibuddies - Browncoats

"I'm an important person you see. I have a tower."  Valentine - "MirrorMask"

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines