Today is going to be my first day with extended planks added in, so I'll let you guys know how that goes. I hope my arms don't fail me and it goes the way my regular planks have been going, and make slow but steady progress. 

Last night I got my friend to do planks again, AND then got her boyfriend to do some, too. Woohoo!

Good luck and way to go on getting others to work out with you! =)

Level 3 Human Adventurer

(based on the old system, anyway)

Winner of Adventurer Guild Challenge #25

Current Challenge

Challenge 1 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 3

PS: Arya start is the biggest bad ass.

I haven't read the books, but I just feel her kicking everyone's ass later.

Ohhhhh my god. I've read the books and Arya is my girl all the way, but wow... it gets heartbreaking in parts.

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

It's 100 degrees here right now, so I'm going to wait to do my regular planks (and yoga/splits) until tonight. But here's a picture of my progress so far: 

3jm6yDa.png

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer Looking to Become an Assassin with Some Druid and Monk capabilities

Current Stats: (STR) 1 || (DEX) 1 || (STA) 1 || (CON) 2 || (WIS) 4 || (CHA) 6

Nice planking, Arkham! I'll bet by the end of this challenge you'll reach your push-up goal.

Instead of doing wall push-ups, do you think chair push-ups would work? It would be a little tougher on your arms, so if you can do a few of those you'll probably be able to reach your push-up goal even faster. Or maybe do some wall push-ups, and then hulk out by doing your final push-up on a chair for extra power. :)

Level 1 Githzerai AdventurerSTR 1 | DEX 5 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3Challenge 2Challenge 1

Way to go on the extended planks Arkham! Way to ramp up the training!

Also...just curious...are we vampire bats? Is that how this works? You got two people to work out with you...I have three people in rotation to hike with me...I think we might be converting them all!

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

STR: 6.75 DEX: 2.75 STA: 6 CON: 6 WIS: 4 CHA: 1.5

First Challenge

"The coward believes he will live forever if he holds back in battle, but in old age he shall have no peace though spears have spared his limbs." - Havamal

Nice planking, Arkham! I'll bet by the end of this challenge you'll reach your push-up goal.

Instead of doing wall push-ups, do you think chair push-ups would work? It would be a little tougher on your arms, so if you can do a few of those you'll probably be able to reach your push-up goal even faster. Or maybe do some wall push-ups, and then hulk out by doing your final push-up on a chair for extra power. :)

Yeah, I can try that! I want to hulk out. Today I was helping a friend run errands and I insisted on doing all the heavy lifting. My friend even said to the people at the last errand we were running that "she's carrying everything so she can work on her guns." Ha! 

Way to go on the extended planks Arkham! Way to ramp up the training!

Also...just curious...are we vampire bats? Is that how this works? You got two people to work out with you...I have three people in rotation to hike with me...I think we might be converting them all!

Yesssssss, we're spreading the bug.........*imagine crazy vampire bat face here*

Haha, you and Silas Randwulf are Missionaries of Muscle!

It's inspirational to read about how well you're doing! Keep it up!

Awwww shucks! It's only because we have such great support and encouragement!

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer Looking to Become an Assassin with Some Druid and Monk capabilities

Ok, I did a 47 second standard plank today. I only did the one, and I have to skip my yoga and splits today because it was 107 degrees here and right now, at night, it's 90. I am wiped just from breathing. I will make it up tomorrow when I travel (again) to a better climate. Holy smokes was it hot today. But I did get some lifting done while running errands in Hell!

Whew!  107º is no joke.  :(  Make sure you stay hydrated!  Maybe schedule your workouts early in the morning or late at night when it's (slightly) better.  I'm going to stop complaining about sub-10º mornings now.  At least I can rug up. You can only take so many clothes off to cool down.

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 7.5 | CON 9 | WIS 7.5| CHA 5.5

Challenges: 1 | Current | Battle Log
"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."

I'm alive!

So my life is ridiculously complicated right now. Sleeping in a different place every night, not knowing where that sleeping place IS until a couple hours before nightfall each night, and dealing with radically shifting temperatures (desert to San Francisco Bay, and back, and then somewhere else, etc). Not to mention, I'm supposed to be moving to a different country in a week and all my luggage that I'm taking there is traveling with me while I bounce around the last days. I. Am. Exhausted.

But! I've kept up with my challenge. I'm going strong and hitting my marks. Today is the end of our first week, so huzzah for us all!

I did a 33 second extended plank today, but the last couple days I haven't been able to break 50 seconds for the standard plank. Hopefully I'll start climbing upward again in week 2. Yoga and splits are going well in that I feel the soreness from it, but I'm not seeing any real flexibility progress quite yet. Again, hope things shape up in week 2. 

Meditation is going fine... that and the water intake have been the easiest, mostly because I've been hella dehydrated and tired this whole time!

Realistically, I'm seeing it being very difficult for me to stay on top of my challenges for week 2. Week 3, even. It'll be my first week in a new country. I'm nervous, you guys! Nervous about everything!

Oh and I should mention that I've become "that guy." Yesterday while walking from the bus stop to my destination, I was carrying my backpack and a duffel bag. I was lifting my duffel bag row style as I walked, switching arms every ten reps. Such a dork!

Who cares?!  You rock!  As Tyrion Lannister said and I paraphrase, armour yourself in your dorkiness and it can never be used against you.  Eventually, you'll have guns massive enough no one will dare say a word.  ;)

Seriously, just remember why you're doing it, and that the rewards are worth it in the end.

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."

Way to be That Guy! AND way to keep on top of your goals during this hectic time (and even incorporate other things like carrying all the bags!)!!!

Also, I got super happy to see your spreadsheet ;)

I think that as you continue your pushups and planks it will continue to be a symbiotic relationship, so even if you plateau on one, if you are increasing time or reps on the other, it will help break the plateau (same with the yoga). 

Your current vagabond lifestyle sounds exhausting, but I'm really excited to have a fitness friend in Sweden (and hope you post pictures of your hikes once you are there!). 

And, I'm glad to see you and Silas are both vampires (or missionaries, as Loki suggests). I fully support that and am proud to be on your team :D

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

STR 12 | DEX 2 | STA 9 | CON 13.5 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 8.75

challenge 1 | challenge 2 | challenge 3 | challenge 4 current challenge 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver

"That gal" just doesn't have the same ring to it :P

I broke 50 seconds today for standard planks, guys! 52 seconds! Boom!

52 seconds?  HELL YEAH!!!

You sounds super swamped.  I would say that if you could do nothing else, keep doing those planks!  You'll hit a full minute by the end of the challenge for sure!

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

Thanks for all the support, guys. I'm currently on another train, going to another place. Vagabond life, baby! I am mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted. I've been keeping up my planks, and I am aiming to do a full minute of a standard plank and get to 50 seconds in an extended plank by the end of this week. 

A lot of unexpected emotional stuff has gone down the last couple days, and expected emotional stuff (me leaving my life behind for a while to go to Sweden) is going to happen in just a few more days. I think my emotion cup is full!

FIF.TY.TWO. Now, that is ten seconds more than the answer to life the universe and everything. Shit just got real. You will hit that minute this week, for sure. And 50 second EXTENDED PLANK? Core of STEEL, my friend. That is what you will have by the end of this challenge :D

And a giant hug to you, my fellow Bat. I'm sorry you are dealing with unexpected emotional stuff on top of the expected on top of the non-stop travel.  

hang_in_there_kitty-thumb-250x332.jpg

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

STR 12 | DEX 2 | STA 9 | CON 13.5 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 8.75

challenge 1 | challenge 2 | challenge 3 | challenge 4 current challenge 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver

I totally envy your vagabond life right now, sounds fun but exhausting. Good luck with the move soonish!

You'll destroy that minute plank soon enough, you're a tank. A tank full of bat.

Hope the emotional stuff works out this week, that stuff can mess with your (already allotted) willpower to go. But you're Batman, so you got this. We're here for you! FOTB!

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

STR: 6.75 DEX: 2.75 STA: 6 CON: 6 WIS: 4 CHA: 1.5

First Challenge

"The coward believes he will live forever if he holds back in battle, but in old age he shall have no peace though spears have spared his limbs." - Havamal

Dips are great to do if you're sitting down for any length of time.  Just slide your butt of the chair and put your hands on it instead.  "It" being the chair, not your butt.  Though you can do that too, if you want.  Just feels better with other people's hands on your butt.  Assuming you wanted that, btw.

Also, dips are not recommended if your chair has wheels of any kind.  :)

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines