You should definitely come here when you get the chance!

HA! I WISH we dressed like that here, but no. This was for a Halloween party last October. The grey tunic and pants we made using a pattern found in an archaeological site (grave of a Rus trader), the bracers I got when I saw Amon Amarth in Montreal for the Surtur Rising release tour, the fur is a fox stole from a second hand store, the ring is a wolf's head I got at a variety store, and the horn was a gift from a good friend who burned knot-work and rune designs on it. 

Cropped out of the picture (which would have given context), is my cousin dressed as snow white and my younger brother dressed as Psy (Blue Tux version from Gangnam Style video). It was a good party haha

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

STR: 6.75 DEX: 2.75 STA: 6 CON: 6 WIS: 4 CHA: 1.5

First Challenge

"The coward believes he will live forever if he holds back in battle, but in old age he shall have no peace though spears have spared his limbs." - Havamal

Alright first challenge, come at me.

Starting Point

Weight: 270 lbs

Blood Pressure at rest: 116/71

Heart Rate at rest: 60 bpm

I can get through the BBW circuit once with a little back pain, twice and I'm reeling in pain.

I can easily bike to and from the shopping plaza by my house (comparable distance to work).

I can easily hike into our tent in the woods (~30 minutes up hill in the woods) and a good trail near Cuckold's Cove.

Goal 1 (Fitness)

Hike (with Princess) once a week, bike outside for 30 minutes 3 times a week.

(Princess is a certain someone who has committed to hike with me once a week, but she's not on NF). My family has a tent set up in the woods year round that we try to go into every now and again, there are some great trails around me here in the city that are pretty scenic, and there are decent bike trails all over the city that start right next to my house so there's really no excuse. I will also bike to work as often as possible. The point is to be doing these things outside so I may even do some in bad weather if we have a week of rain or something. I also have a stationary bike as an absolute last resort.

4 STA, 1 CON

A: Hike 1x a week, bike 3x a week.

B: Hike 1x a week, bike 2x a week.

C: Hike 1x a week, bike 1x a week, stationary bike 1x a week.

D: Hike 1x a week, stationary bike 1x a week.

F: No hike, bike less than 3x a week.

Goal 2 (Fitness)

Make it through the BBW Circuit 3 times by the end of the challenge.

I'll do the BBW circuit 3 times a week, with a 10 minute stationary bike warm up, tossing in about 10 minutes of a heavy bag routine 2 times a week.

3 STR, 1 DEX

A: BBW 3x a week, heavy bag 2x a week.

B: BBW 3x a week, heavy bag 1x a week.

C: BBW 2x a week, heavy bag 1x a week.

D: BBW 2x a week, no heavy bag.

F: BBW less than 2x a week.

Goal 3 (Nutrition)

Track everything I eat, track weight every week, eat healthier.

I'll have a little notebook on me all the time to track food before I eat it, and I'll be weighing myself every Tuesday. Eventually I will be going at least gluten free if not full on paleo, but for now I have no real diet changes planned, I just want to get a baseline of what I'm actually eating and then adjust. I'll probably update the diet plan after two weeks if I make any specific changes based on what I see I'm eating.

2 WIS

A: No days missed.

B: 1-4 days missed.

C: 5-8 days missed.

D: 8-10 days missed.

F: >10 days missed.

Goal 4 (Life)

Pay off remaining $1600 tuition balance so I can go back to school in the fall.

Has to be done, else I'll be delayed far too long in finishing my first degree. I need to save around $280 a week, which shouldn't be too hard because I just got a better job. Thing is, the job isn't really starting full time for a week or two so it might be rocky starting off. As long as I have the money saved by the end of the challenge, it doesn't matter I was short one week and over the next.

3 WIS

Pass/ Fail

Hey! I like your goals! You are way more specific in your grading than I was, lol! I like it.

So one of my goals is to do the Signal Hill trail at least once a week (through the battery to the trail, then up the giant stair case to the tower and down the hill to the canons and back through the battery). We could meet up and hike it some time if you're interested?! I make a pit stop (for about an hour) at the far east point to watch for whales :)

Eli

Human Druid-Assassin, Level 3

STR: 4.25 | DEX: 3.5 | STA: 6.5 | CON: 9.35 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 3

That's a huge trail compared to what I was planning on doing, but yeah I'll try it anyway! I'll text you to set up a time and stuff?

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

"The coward believes he will live forever if he holds back in battle, but in old age he shall have no peace though spears have spared his limbs." - Havamal

That's a good point patch. Were yesterday a challenge day, I would have sucked it up and done something. But it wasn't so I didn't (which I now realize is probably a terrible attitude, but I swear it will not happen DURING the challenge haha).

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

That's a good point patch. Were yesterday a challenge day, I would have sucked it up and done something. But it wasn't so I didn't (which I now realize is probably a terrible attitude, but I swear it will not happen DURING the challenge haha).

I've been super lazy since the last challenge ended!! Its so terrible, but I think it has a lot to do with being (or not being) accountable on my challenge thread! As soon as the last challenge ended, I just stopped doing things!! I still walked to school, but that's more or less because I have no bus tickets, lol. But ya, I did nothing yesterday. However, today I walked to school like a maniac!! I think I made it here in 30 minutes when it normally takes me 40! Thanks Nerd Fitness! :D

I got up way too early and had way too much shit to do, but I still ended up doing challenge stuff pre-shower just because I was thinking of you guys! Can't let you down!

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer Looking to Become an Assassin with Some Druid and Monk capabilities

Current Stats: (STR) 1 || (DEX) 1 || (STA) 1 || (CON) 2 || (WIS) 4 || (CHA) 6

See, this is where I forget that Australia hits the challenge before you guys...  now I'm on Day 2.

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 7.5 | CON 9 | WIS 7.5| CHA 5.5

Challenges: 1 | Current | Battle Log
"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."

some nice goals there Silas

I've had a look at the Body Weight fitness plan that's on the site and it looks like it's do-able with a bit of pain (that's the idea isn't it).  While it's not on my list of goals for this week, I'm going to try to do a few reps of the exercises when I've finished my runs\walks, as I will in theory be nice and limber (or totally knackered, depending on the day)

Good luck with the challenge

Scout - Lvl 1

MyFitnessPal

tumblr

weight

or is that just how you dress in Newfoundland? 

^ Favorite question! Man... I wish too. That would be awesome.

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

STR 12 | DEX 2 | STA 9 | CON 13.5 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 8.75

challenge 1 | challenge 2 | challenge 3 | challenge 4 current challenge 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver

That's awesome! I had a hike planned today, even biked up to the store to get some food/ water, but it got too wet out for the trail we had planned on hiking :( Glad you had one instead though haha

Bummer that it was too wet! (And great that you still biked to the store!)

What did you do today for day one?

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

See, this is where I forget that Australia hits the challenge before you guys...  now I'm on Day 2.

That totally threw me last night btw :) My brain: WAIT! WHAT? HOW DID I MISS DAY ONE? Oh. Right. Australia. 

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

Just means you guys have to play catch-up the whole time.  :)  And I'll have drunk all the booze at the after-party before you even get there.  ;)

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."

I got up way too early and had way too much shit to do, but I still ended up doing challenge stuff pre-shower just because I was thinking of you guys! Can't let you down!

YES! Just saw this! I'm so stoked!!! Way to go Arkham!!!!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

If I plan for a cheat day the last day of the challenge, does that mean I'll be drinking with you patchwolf?

Yes, but you're buying the first round, since it's your cheat day.  ;)

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

What. A. Night.

Sorry I've been absent today, but I was busy hiking! We'll get to that. First, a rundown.

Food:

Breakfast:

-Omelette (2 eggs, spinach) with goat cheese

-sauteed cauliflower

-glass of water

Snack:

-1 babybel cheese thing

Lunch:

-Deli wrap from Dominion

-Cashew Larabar

-100 grams fresh raspberries

Supper/ hike/ campfire:

-5 Grill 'ems....5.

-3 more babybels

-like 230 grams of blueberries?

-Peanut butter and chocolate chip larabar

-2 liters of water

- about 3/8 of a 26er of whisky

I mean at least I tracked it, but damn.

Exercise:

A hike. New trail. Lost track of time spent hiking, but it was all uphill on the way in, when we were in there I spent almost the whole time chopping wood, and then we hiked out a different, longer path. Hike started around 7:30 pm, ended at 2:30 am (NIGHT HIKE!). I then walked home from a friend's house which took an hour. I have DEFINITELY covered my hiking this week, right out the gate.

No pay yet from the new job, and WAY too tired to try a BBW workout or heavy bag routine right now. Took before pics today, will edit to post later (it's now 5 am and I am far too tired but couldn't leave you guys hanging!). 

But before I sleep... 15 SECOND PLANK FOR FOTB!! YEEUH!

EDIT TO ADD PICS:

Before: Front. Side.

Trail: Janeway. Rock Machine.

I found the sign for the Janeway trail particularly hilarious, because I think it actually pointed in the general direction of the old Janeway child/ youth hospital that used to be nearby (these are mountain bike trails that seem to be used by teenagers). The crutches were a nice touch haha.

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

Wow! Great meal plan! Try eating an apple (gala is my fav) with the babybel; it's wonderful :) one bite babybel, one bite apple...so good!

I really can't tell if that was sarcasm about the meal plan haha. Started the day fairly healthy then degenerated into awesome indulgence around a fire.

Gala and babybel is a freaking delicious combo! They're also good with blackberries in the same method (1 blackberry, 1 bite of babybel). Cheese and berries is probably my favourite hiking snack.

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

Ha haa! I wasn't beig sarcastic! I would have eaten 5 grill'ems at the campfire too! And potentially drank some alcohol, lol!

I think your meal plan is really great! A few years ago, we started on a meal plan (not a paleo one, but healthier) which we found in men's fitness (search the magazine and "belly off diet"). It really helped me drop weight and feel capable of doing physical activities.

What. A. Night.

Sorry I've been absent today, but I was busy hiking! We'll get to that. First, a rundown.

Food:

Breakfast:

-Omelette (2 eggs, spinach) with goat cheese

-sauteed cauliflower

-glass of water

Snack:

-1 babybel cheese thing

Lunch:

-Deli wrap from Dominion

-Cashew Larabar

-100 grams fresh raspberries

Supper/ hike/ campfire:

-5 Grill 'ems....5.

-3 more babybels

-like 230 grams of blueberries?

-Peanut butter and chocolate chip larabar

-2 liters of water

- about 3/8 of a 26er of whisky

I mean at least I tracked it, but damn.

Exercise:

A hike. New trail. Lost track of time spent hiking, but it was all uphill on the way in, when we were in there I spent almost the whole time chopping wood, and then we hiked out a different, longer path. Hike started around 7:30 pm, ended at 2:30 am (NIGHT HIKE!). I then walked home from a friend's house which took an hour. I have DEFINITELY covered my hiking this week, right out the gate.

No pay yet from the new job, and WAY too tired to try a BBW workout or heavy bag routine right now. Took before pics today, will edit to post later (it's now 5 am and I am far too tired but couldn't leave you guys hanging!). 

But before I sleep... 15 SECOND PLANK FOR FOTB!! YEEUH!

EDIT TO ADD PICS:

Before: Front. Side.

Trail: Janeway. Rock Machine.

I found the sign for the Janeway trail particularly hilarious, because I think it actually pointed in the general direction of the old Janeway child/ youth hospital that used to be nearby (these are mountain bike trails that seem to be used by teenagers). The crutches were a nice touch haha.

Holy Helluva Hike Batman! That is epic! DAY ONE FTW, Silas! 

And yes, that Janeway sign is AWESOME. 

Also, I'm definitely not going to knock you down for your food yesterday because (1) you logged it, (2) next time you will make at least one different choice. And that is what we are doing here. 

Really excited to see how you conquer the rest of the week!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

Yeah, give yourself a high five (do it, do it right now) for logging. That's the hardest part, and the good choices will come much more naturally and easily once you've gotten into the swing of logging. 

And damn, that hike! I wanna hike and chop wood! I need some NFers to hike with me. 

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer Looking to Become an Assassin with Some Druid and Monk capabilities

I totally just high fiver myself. It was awesome.

You need to find someone near you to hike with ASAP. Incredibly fun. I am in SOOO much achy pain right now and have four huge blisters on my hand and a couple burns, but I want to do it again. Like right now. On a related note, I think a future goal of mine will be doing woods parkour. I want to run through the woods like a direwolf.

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

I totally just high fiver myself. It was awesome. You need to find someone near you to hike with ASAP. Incredibly fun. I am in SOOO much achy pain right now and have four huge blisters on my hand and a couple burns, but I want to do it again. Like right now. On a related note, I think a future goal of mine will be doing woods parkour. I want to run through the woods like a direwolf.

That would be AMAZING. You should develop a direwolf training program!

I want to find people to hike with once I get to Sweden! I googled trails there the other day but I only came up with the super long, multiple day ones. Will have to search again.

O_O

Direwolf training program. Yes. Why is this not already a thing that I've done. You may have just changed my life.

Best way to find a hiking trail: walk into the woods and followed rabbit/ moose paths. If Sweden is anything like Newfoundland in terms of outdoorsy culture, the best trails are likely not on maps yet. Explore (with a partner and/or knife)!

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines