Time to turn the tables!

Every time you reach for those donuts, picture the Fellowship of the Bat standing between you and them, looking disappointed and sad.  You have to push us out of the way to get to them, and that would be incredibly rude of you.

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 7.5 | CON 9 | WIS 7.5| CHA 5.5

Challenges: 1 | Current | Battle Log
"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."

Oh, sounded like you had concrete plans already made haha. Definitely let me know though! I could show you around the capital or some good hiking trails for a day!

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

STR: 6.75 DEX: 2.75 STA: 6 CON: 6 WIS: 4 CHA: 1.5

First Challenge

"The coward believes he will live forever if he holds back in battle, but in old age he shall have no peace though spears have spared his limbs." - Havamal

Patch. Ok, I deserved that haha. To quote the great Michael Scott "Oh how the turn tables...". Those three were the last of them though and I swear on my honor and standing as a member of the Fellowship of the Bat that I will not purchase a single other container of them, for at least the duration of this entire challenge, nor will I consume any that enter my household through my family's own failings. Mini-donuts and I? We're done.

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

"The coward believes he will live forever if he holds back in battle, but in old age he shall have no peace though spears have spared his limbs." - Havamal

It is agreed.   :)

I'll stay away from my beloved Reese's, and you stay away from the mini-donuts.   :)

Agreed :)

Ooh! I'm feeling like there is a Wild West Theme playing while I read this :)

SILAS!!! BBW!!!!!!!!!! MAN. JUST. MAN. My heart is just swelling. So impressed. And way to plan another hike! And way to be continuously improving your diet! AND way to take a rest day! :D

KEEP. IT. UP.

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

STR 12 | DEX 2 | STA 9 | CON 13.5 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 8.75

challenge 1 | challenge 2 | challenge 3 | challenge 4 current challenge 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver

Week 2, day 4.

FOOD:

Breakfast:

-3 glasses of water.

-1.5 chicken breasts (41g protein)

-1 egg (6g protein)

-1 peach.

Snacks while out today:

-Peanuts (16g protein)

-2 grilled chicken wraps from Wendy`s (18g protein each)

-Bottle of water.

-Granny Smith apple.

Supper:

-Footlong Steak and cheese on flatbread with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, spinach, cucumber, bacon, and southwest chipotle sauce. (52g protein)

-1 bottle green iced tea.

Evening snack:

-Clif Builder`s bar, chocolate. (20g protein)

So protein for today: 153g. 153g. That`s almost double for a workout day according to the challenge, and this was a TOTAL rest day. Is that too much? I have no idea how much is in stuff generally unless it's packaged and have never done this before. Did I miscalculate? MFP gave me some of these values, plus the actual packages of some stuff.

EXERCISE:

Hike didn't happen because of schedules and possible rain. I ended up being the family chauffeur today and it got far too cold and rainy to bike so none of that either. Shoulders still giving me problems so no BBW. I did park far away from a couple shops today though, so that's something. No real concentrated effort though.

SAVING:

Still not paid.

So that's today. Walked to a shop downtown and bought a rain cover for that bookbag I bought, a tail light for my bike, and am looking for splash pants so I can bike more often in the rain/ dark. Hopefully this rain lets up for Sunday for that hike  :nightmare:

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

Thanks Katia! It felt great to get that second circuit done in decent enough form. First real pushing it workout I've had in a while. I also have a bit of a chest now which is new! I've never really had upper body strength besides my arms so it's interesting anyway. My legs are also more awesome than ever! Not even two weeks in and I'm already seeing definite changes in my body. Why have I been bitching about my body for 20 years and not doing anything? It took a week. So many wasted years.

Ben: Definitely look up Rickard's! Fish and chips is a pretty standard meal around here, and Rickard's white goes great with that. Their Red is what I drink if I'm just drinking, and their Dark is good for just drinking or having with a steak. Good stuff. Here's a link for Yellowbelly and Quidi Vidi, two local breweries which are also great. Doubt you could get those without somehow ordering them though.

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

Ben: Definitely look up Rickard's! Fish and chips is a pretty standard meal around here, and Rickard's white goes great with that. Their Red is what I drink if I'm just drinking, and their Dark is good for just drinking or having with a steak. Good stuff. Here's a link for Yellowbelly and Quidi Vidi, two local breweries which are also great. Doubt you could get those without somehow ordering them though.

Just checked their website.  Nada on all of them.  Rickard's is distributed by Molson Coors, but it must only be distributed in Canada.

I did park far away from a couple shops today though, so that's something. No real concentrated effort though.

You'd be surprised how much difference these little hacks make when they all add up.  Keep going!

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."

Just checked their website.  Nada on all of them.  Rickard's is distributed by Molson Coors, but it must only be distributed in Canada.

That blows man. Guess you'll have to come to Newfoundland to get some real booze haha. What do you usually drink down in KY? Do you think a liquor store would maybe order a crate as a sampler or something? I know that's the only way I could get mead up here. Which saddens me to no end. Also, at least you got Strongbow!

You'd be surprised how much difference these little hacks make when they all add up.  Keep going!

Maybe I should get a pedometer just to see a number difference. I did notice that parking far way didn't bother me like it normally would have though so that's good!

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

I could check with them to see if they could order some Rickard's.  But if it isn't distributed in the US then they probably wouldn't be able to get it.  Never know...

I drink all kinds of stuff.  Bell's (Oberon and Two Hearted), Sam Adams (specifically their cream stout), Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Kentucky Ale, some other local brews (Mt. Carmel, Moerlein), Woodchuck (or 'Honey Badger' as we call it, esp their bourbon barrel select...amazing, but they're all good), Guinness...

...and lot of bourbon...

...and Jack Daniels (which is not bourbon, it's Tennessee whiskey, and don't confuse the two if you're ever in KY, specifically a bourbon bar.)

I agree. A few months ago I made a change so that instead of taking the elevator up one floor to one class, I would take the stairs. At first, I was all huffy and puffy. Now I take those stairs (and all other stairs) like a champion. It's a great feeling making it to the top and not feeling put out in any way, and knowing that before... you were gasping. 

FotB!

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer Looking to Become an Assassin with Some Druid and Monk capabilities

Current Stats: (STR) 1 || (DEX) 1 || (STA) 1 || (CON) 2 || (WIS) 4 || (CHA) 6

Week 2, Day 5.

FOOD:

Breakfast:

-3 eggs (18g of protein)

-half a can of beans in maple syrup (~13g of protein)

-red apple

-2 glasses of water

At work:

-3 bottles of water

-Southwest chicken wrap (10g of protein)

-Deluxe club wrap (26g of protein)

-Banana (2g of protein)

-Granny Smith apple

After work:

-Bowl of tortilla chips and salsa (~40 chips so 6g of protein)

-bottle of water

So I JUST hit the minimum 75g of protein for a non work-out day.. Not too bad otherwise. Resisted all the junk around me at work on a stressful day so I'm pleased with what I did eat.

EXERCISE:

Bike to work (7 minutes), bike back (20 minutes). Bike back took longer because I was wiped form work, it was raining, and I took a sloghtly different trail to try out the rain fly and trail lights I bought. All in all a success. Still need splash pants though. Especially when wearing jeans because of poor planning...

SAVING:

Not paid yet.

Hike was planned for Sunday, but it's also Father's Day which I forgot about before I planned the hike so who knows. May have to call the hike off this week and make up for it next week with two hikes (which might be happening anyway so that'll work out).

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

Ben: Bummer. I could always try to mail you some haha. heard of Guiness of course, and Jack Daniel's, but nothing else. I'll have to pay attention next time I'm out.

Arkham: When I get back to university in the fall, I'll have to take the stairs in our library all the time instead of wussing out haha. I always have to walk way more when I'm in school anyway because the building most of the higher level anthro stuff is in is at the far end of campus all by itself. Anthro and Arch just out in the hinterlands haha.

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

I've found it weird to track the protein I eat but I've found it's pretty helpful.  If not for this challenge I would have just kept eating the way I was eating paleo.  Realized I'm about 15-20ishg of protein behind daily.

and derp on the punching bag.  maybe I just read a post wrong.  yes, I know what that is.

teros: Yeah I've never tracked anything like protein or carbs or anything at all, just what the actual food was. And that has still helped me make better food choices so I assume more info would make me choose even better food options. And I'm glad you figured out what I was talking about because i had no other way to describe it haha.

Anyway, on to the report!

Week 2, Day 6.

FOOD:

Breakfast:

-3 eggs (18g)

-2 glasses of water

Work:

-Hungry Man sub (33g)

-Strawberry protein shake (10g)

-Peanuts (16g)

-5 slices of pizza (mushrooms, sausage, green pepper, onion, pepperoni) (according to MFP, this is the deluxe feast set of toppings and has 13g a slice...so I had 65g of protein through pizza today...moving on).

-apple

-4 bottles of water

Didn't need that pizza at all. Gotta stop this before it becomes a thing I do on closing shifts (read: most of my damn shifts). 142g of protein total.

EXERCISE:

No hike. Bike to and from work (18 minutes total). No attempt at BBW (I guess I'm taking this week off from that after getting through it twice. My shoulders are still hurting pretty bad.). 

SAVING:

Not paid.

Not a bad day. Getting the hang of closing at work now, got my own key. The new guy seems like a good worker, and we make a good team so that's good. Convinced him to bike to work today but he has a way longer bike run than I do and was not prepared at all! Especially for the bike home. Loaned him my two bike lights so he could make it back in one piece (I just took the lit roads on the sidewalk instead of the trail, but he's going like 45 minutes away on a terrible road with almost no shoulder into a crazy dangerous town for biking). Anyway, looks like I have at least one biking convert in addition to my hiking converts! Vampire bats I tell you!

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

NICE! Way to round out the week! 

So, when do you think you'll be heading out for your hike (I'm assuming not today?)?

Congrats on getting a key at work! That's cool :) And way to convert your co-worker to biking! That's awesome!!!

Overall, great job on the food. And yeah, closing shifts are so, so hard for food. Could you prep another protein shake before you leave for the night? Or prep one on your lunch break and grab it from the fridge on your way out? That way, even if you need to stop for food, you'd have satiated some of that crazy retail hunger with the protein shake. 

But really Silas, you are just doing awesome! It's so cool to hear that you can SEE the changes in your body as well as feel them! That's THE BEST FEELING. :D

ON TO WEEK 3!!! FOTB!!!!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

Biking to and from work is awesome.  Makes it really hard to cheat, because if you bike there, you still have to bike back.  Not many taxis have bike racks, you know.

Way to trick/force yourself into some exercise!

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

Ugh late update, so tired. Just back from an MtG session.

FOOD:

Breakfast:

-Bowl of oatmeal crisp

-glass of apple juice

-glass of water

Lunch:

-2 racks (sides? I dunno) of pork ribs 

-homemade coleslaw

-baked potato

-2 glasses of punch

-2 glasses of water

MtG Session:

-chicken souvlaki pita

-3 glasses of water

-bowl of fish and veg fried up

EXERCISE:

Got the hike in today! Not as planned, but I went to go solo and just called a buddy on the way, so that was good. He's a skinny dude though so he flew up that hillside with me wheezing behind him, but I did it! Got a nice pic too, I`ll toss that up tomorrow.

EDIT: Here's the pic! If you look hard enough you can see Cabot Tower on Signal Hill there for reference as to where we were.

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

Oh, wow. Beautiful!!! What a great hike. So glad you got to go spontaneously! And those are some SERIOUS hills!! Awesome!!!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

Ok, so yesterday was Week 3, Day 1. It was also a really long draining day for me so I didn't update when I got home, but here goes.

FOOD:

Breakfast:

-Buffalo chicken wrap

-bottle of water

At work:

-Hungry Man sub

-3 bottles of water

-3 pieces of gum

On the way home:

-Donair pita

-Pear

-bottle of water.

At home:

-3 glasses of water

-glass of apple juice

-glass of five alive

-big bowl of fudge brownie frozen yogurt

So not THAT bad, but the frozen yogurt was a huge mistake. My stomach is still killing me.

EXERCISE:

Bike to and from work on a different trail (20 minute total). No BBW yet. No hike yet.

SAVING:

Not paid yet, but getting lots of shifts and taking extra shifts (like for later today when I got called in) so the saving should be no problem.

Update on today later!

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

Week 3, Day 2.

FOOD:

Breakfast:

-2 hot dogs (1 was a double)

-glass of apple juice

-glass of five alive

At work:

-2 bottles of water

-buffalo chicken wrap

-peanuts

-2 bottles of water

-deluxe clubhouse wrap

Ride home:

-piece of teriyaki beef jerky

-1 granny smith apple

-1 bottle of water

Home:

-finished the last bit of a bag of tortilla chips and the salsa that was left over

-2 glasses of water

EXERCISE:

No hike yet. No BBW attempts yet. Biked to work and a long casual route home while nomming the apple (24 minutes).

SAVING:

Paid this coming Friday, so saving is inbound!

Nice day planned tomorrow with my knitting buddies downtown, and (hopefully) FINALLY getting that beard trim in.

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

Week 3, Day 3.

FOOD:

Breakfast:

-tea, black

-chocolate chip cookie

-1 fishcake

-breakfast burrito with spinach, egg, bacon, cheese, tomatoes

Lunch:

-chai latte

-apple

-2 bottles of water

-2 sausage rolls with honey mustard

Snack after MtG session:

-1 Junior Chicken from McDonald's

EXERCISE:

No goal exercise today, just a bunch of walking downtown for a few hours in the rain. My right shoulder just won't stop hurting and I have no idea why. I'll do some stretches (as per the mini-challenge) tomorrow and some lightweight shoulder exercises to loosen it up maybe. No BBW is going to happen this week at this rate. Weather has been terrible too, so hiking is in jeopardy, as is getting all my biking in.

SAVING:

Not paid yet. Money is TOIGHT this week, holy cow. Bills, and some purchases are catching up with me now. Come on Friday!

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

First Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines