[June 3 - July 14] PvP: join the IronBlogger rebellion

Ok inspired by the bloggers unite thread and the IronBlogger group in my old hometown I propose the following PvP Challenge:

IronBlogger Rebellion

Rules:

1. At least one blog post a week. Weeks will be defined as starting on Monday 0:00 (midnight) and ending Sunday 23:59 in Berlin.
  2. You’re welcome to post more than once in any given week, but it doesn’t count for the next week. You participate with up to two blogs.
  3. Not allowed into the mix are commercial blogs (you are paid to blog by a client) or blogs of the Tumblr variety where you simply post a picture or reblog other people’s pictures, because… there shouldn’t be a need to explain this one, obviously. Also, don’t think your Delicious-link-posts count. They… drum roll… don’t.
  4. Any topic or length of blog post is acceptable. Of course, discrimination or harassment of any kind are not tolerated. Blogging about joining Iron Blogger Rebellion is acceptable. If it’s obviously filler, we may laugh at you, but it still counts. Droppin in grading can be a bummer, but a crap blog is probably worse. It’s up to you.
  5. You’re allowed to leave the Iron Blogger Rebellion at any time by notifying us.
  6. There is no set end date. We’ll end Iron Blogger Rebellion by group agreement.
  7. Anyone participating in the current Challenge may join.
  8. We will, on occasion, and using our discretion, grant people skips for a week under exceptional circumstances (e.g. extreme sickness).
  9. You will get an A for posting in all 6 weeks, B for posting in 5 weeks and so on.

These rules are an adaption from http://ironbloggerhamburg.de/rules/ and http://ironbloggerberlin.com/rules/

please discuss :)

There is one rule, above all others, ... Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR:4 | DEX:2.5 | STA:5 | CON:3 | WIS:5 | CHA:3

Daily Grind

Story of a Ranger: 1st chapter, 2nd chapter, 3rd chapter, 4th chapter

How long does the challenge last? Or is it ongoing until people all agree we end it?

Can we do challenge topics every once and a while? Like we all throw out a bunch of topics and we all agree to write about one of those topics?

I dig this idea... Lets run with it! I am in. When do we start?

I'm game. I can do this and we will certainly link to each other and comment on each other's posts (like a good community should do). I think this will be a FOREVER challenge. :D Which is fine. Suits the Internet.

Level 1 - Adventurer (Cthulhu in dusguise, but don't mind me)

STR: 2 І DEX: 1 І STA: 1 І CON: 2 І WIS: 5 І CHA: 4

Be mindful of your Self-Talk. It's a conversation with the universe.

I'm game. I can do this and we will certainly link to each other and comment on each other's posts (like a good community should do). I think this will be a FOREVER challenge. :D Which is fine. Suits the Internet.

Agreed. Fortunately I can schedule posts if I will be out of town, or I can blog from my phone.

Are there any minimums to the post length?

hmm first plan was to make it a pvp for the 6weeks challenges. but i guess we could make it ongoing like the original.

although we really should think of something for not posting then ;p

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

Daily Grind

How about we test it for 6 weeks according to the Challenge and then modify it once the first Challenge ends and we face each other next time, you know, battle scars and everything.

I'll set up the script tomorrow :)

anyone who wants to join in should send me their nf name, blogurl, feedurl and i will add them

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

Daily Grind

@AthleteAtHeart

The IronBlogger is somethign that first came from some people who wanted to blog more often but procastrinated too much. So they made a group agreement. each of them would have to blog at least once a week or pay a small amount into the beer fund. If the fund reached a certain size all would go out for beer together.

But that doesnt translate to Nerdiftness that good. So my idea was to do it as a pvp challenge that gets graded liek your normal challenge goals and the penalty would be a lesser grade.

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

Daily Grind

Well the challenges are focused on hitting your targets to get points for your character right? You only get full credit if you post every week and it goes down from there...

If we want to jump on this challenge, we need to get started.

What do we need to do to get going?

Oh guys, I have entered a huge, messy period in my life, which is about to end, so I have decided to come back. Has everyone been killing at the challenge?