• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

weyrcat

WeyrCat 06: A Runner Again!

DING! WeyrCat is now Level 6.
Gains: 3Str, 2 Dex, 2 Sta, 2.9 Con, 2.6 Wis, 2.2 Cha. (=14.7 points spent).
gallery_6284_75_2809.jpg

Last month my husband challenge me to start running again. I spent a long time "off" due to a combination of injury, the malaise that comes from thinking you might never better, and then re-injury from overdoing it. SO. I started really slow, at really short distances, but I'm running three times a week now! My challenge is largely centered around maintaining that.

Run 3x, any distance, 2Sta/3Str.

I put on some weight thanks to not running and getting close to the end of my bachelors. So, I'm also working on that.

Calorie Deficit (weekly*500*7), 2Con/2Cha.

I am, again, attempting this water goal. I do alright when I'm not at the computer, oddly. Unfortunately I spend a lot of time at the computer.

Water 8x8 (daily), [Tea counts, coffee doesn't,] 2Con/1Sta/1Dex.

These are what I'm really focused on. I probably won't add more quests for points, but am constantly trying to tweak little things too.

I don't post as often as I should or want to, so I'm working on that. I'm a married Labrador-mommy, in college Full time+, and for the next couple weeks am a one-woman-show. Not sure if that will make things easier or harder (heh, less to clean but have to do ALL the dog-time).

SO. On with the show!

----------------------------------------------------------
Updates:

Goal Development Week: (May28-Jun02): IP: Run 3/3, H2O 4/4, Deficit 4/4. SCORE: 100 A
*This week is 4 days long because I did not solidify the goals on the first day of Preweek.

Week1 (Jun 03-09): Run 3/3 Deficit -6000/-3500 Water 7/7 100% A.
Week2 (Jun 10-16): Run 3/3 Deficit -5500/-3500 Water 7/7 100% A.
Week3 (Jun 17-23): Run 3/3 Deficit -3700/-3500 Water 7/7 100% A.
Week4 (Jun 24-Jul 01): Run 3/3 Deficit -3550/-3500 Water 7/7 100% A-.
Week5 (Jul 02-08):
Week6 (Jul 09-15):

HI,

i just joined the accountabillibuddies group that you are in.  I find it funny that you do better drinking water away from the computer, I am just the opposite, I think maybe because my tower is under my desk so it makes me hot and i need water. idk.  anyway your goals look great! i'm sure i don't have to tell you but just make sure not to push yourself hard and reinjure.  I am also approaching my bachelor's (next may) and very much looking forward to finishing school.

(Practicing daily mini posts for tracking)

Friday 31: Run (rest day), Water 8x8, Deficit -910. 

Extra: Got much paperwork scanned/recycled. Completed three important chores. Called Mom. Got gas (in the rain, sigh). Avoided schoolwork almost all day (eek).

Good stuff getting back into it!

I've had about 2 months off running too so I'm sort of in a similar boat! :)

Best of luck with your challenge!

p.s. you look fabulous in your picture.  And purple clothes FTW :)

Thanks everyone!

Pre-week continued:

Running: 0:09:03 || 0.7 mi

Almost let the rain talk me out of it. Caught a break and took it.

8x8 Water.

Deficit: -750

Sidequests completed:

Yin Yoga: 0:30:00 (+117 pts)

Body Weight Squat: 2x10

Standing Calf Raises: 2x10

Dumbbell Bicep Curl: 1x10x8lb

Tricep Dumbbell Kickback: 1x10x5lb

Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 1x10x8lb

Dumbbell Palms-Down Wrist Curl: 1x10x2lb

Hammer curl (wrist) 1x10x2lb

Dumbbell Palms-Up Wrist Curl: 1x10x2lb

Edited by weyrcat

Last day of Preweek!

Today: 

Run = Rest.

8x8 Water.

Deficit -670 (Shouldn't have had that bowl of chips. Bored-eating).

SideQuest: Dumbbell Hodge Podge, 1 set each.

Body Weight Squat: 1x10
Standing Calf Raises: 1x10
Dumbbell Bicep Curl: 1x10x8lb
Tricep Dumbbell Kickback: 1x10x5lb
Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 1x10x8lb
Dumbbell Palms-Down Wrist Curl: 1x10x2lb
Hammer curl (wrist) 1x10x2lb
Dumbbell Palms-Up Wrist Curl: 1x10x2lb

PreWeek Score: 

Run 3/3 A.

Water 4/4 (first two days the goal wasn't set). A.

Deficit 4/4 days Sum(-3505) A!

On with the Quest!

300px-VFPt_charges_plus_minus_thumb.svg.!!!

CHARGE!!

300px-VFPt_charges_plus_minus_thumb.svg.!!!

CHARGE!!

This is amazing. 

Nice to see you back again!  And nice goals -- I stole your water goal last challenge, and it really helped me feeling better. :-)

Thanks Jon and Rackl! I was quite fond of it too!

Hi Rackl! It's nice to be back! Woo! Yar, hydration really helps so much when I remember to. It's a goal. Again.

AND, I slammed it first day. 8x8 water.

No run today, rest day (run tomorrow). I wanted to run today because I just felt good and it was rather nice out, but I have spent the last.... 6 hours at the computer doing Ecology homework and combing through journals to build the outline for my own research paper (Invasive Avifauna of Florida: Invasion Tactics and Ecological Impacts). 

Deficit: -750. I wish I hadn't bought the raspberry M&Ms. I thought I could nibble 1-2 a day, since I'm not home, but I snacked a bit. Aw well. Still beat the min-deficit.

Off to bed I go! my unofficial sleep goal is getting SQUISHED. But. Homework is done. NIGHT!

I'm so stealing your ecology homework title for a new scenario/workout in my challenge (visions of attacking flora dancing through my head) - thanks for the idea!  And isn't it great to want to workout, even if we don't always get the chance?  It always makes me feel a little more fit when I'm craving a workout since I spent so much of my last 10 years dreading them.

Hehe Ideal, I like it! I know! I feel like "a real runner" when plan to sneak in a run so I don't miss it! For instance, I wore my running spandex under my jeans today, so I could make like Supergirl and just go right after class. We usually run around 6p here, but I'm SWAMPED with papers and studying over this summer (and it's only getting worse). I went straight to the uni gym, hopped on a treadmill and pounded out my 0.75, and realized that I missed the road. The treadmill used to be my thing. Watch an epi of something on the phone or read an audiobook and just zone out into the distance. Today I felt my injury really soon, as in, after only a minute or so. I really haven't notice it at all while I was on the road this past month (one exception). 

BUT I RAN. I gave it priority in front of getting to the post office or pharmacy before they close (still made it), in front of getting home and getting her out of the cone (sorry dog), and in front of my homework. Because it was important to me. 

And that feels awesome. It was a crappy run. But it still feels awesome.

Run: 0.75 11:02 (yea, and I apparently can't multiply by 2, and set the treadmill way too slow. All. the time. That happened.)

Water 8x8 (still working on the last 8, but it's no problem).

Deficit= -980. I was over 1k, which is nice, but a little extra stressed today so I congratulated myself with an 80cal dark chocolate raspberry popsicle. Nom. (After double checking my cals).

So, awesome. A for the day. 

Even took vitamins.

Now. Back to the research paper. The only failing I've had today is that I've been draaaaaaagging this paper along. Blah. GO GO! 

The real reason for Nerd Fitness... is because we believe a little too much in Survival of the Fittest.

peerreview.jpg?w=450&h=364

Didn't sleep very much last night, but finished the paper and studied for today's quiz. Heh.

Harsh day. Dog has gone from reluctant to poo in the yard to refusing too. Still just sitting by the back fence, wondering why I wouldn't let her into what used to be her yard (neighbor moved into the house on the property and all the sudden we were told the pool and the yard really belonged to the house, not us. We were left by a 15x4 strip of grass that's under the mango tree. Since the dog cut her foot open (it's wrapped) she refuses to go in the grass).

SO. She hasn't gone at all today. Thrilled.

I ate emotionally today, just a little though. A scheduled popsicle came early in the day, as did my dinner. Then I put down a small thing of raspberries. All in all I'm still above my minimum "deficit" threshhold. Still. Boo. I have lost 5 pounds since I started my short-distance running last month. Not much, but I don't really have much I want to lose. I really just want to get strong.

And rant. Apparently I want to rant. Tired. Going to go finish my chores and go to bed early. I know you can't catch up on sleep, but I am tired. I still have an hour of chores before me. Le sigh.

Run = Rest day.

Water = (currently 4/8, still working on it, but wanted to post before I forgot).

Deficit = -939

And I found this interesting image when I googled "zzz"

Your welcome.

zzz_other_animals__animals__08c269690c76

Kimberly Applegate

I love the picture, and good job getting your run in yesterday! 

If you have a higher deficit goal in your head than the one you wrote down, why did you write down the smaller number?  I'm curious because you seem to be meeting your goal (which is great!) but you don't sound happy with it.

Hi Ideal!

I was unhappy with that I allowed myself to cope with stress with food, regardless of what food. I didn't enjoy my favorite popsicle, I ate it out of frustration. My deficit goal is actually only -500; but I'm drinking 8x8 water and not forcing myself to eat when not or no longer hungry.

Today I had a high deficit, -1115, because i ran farther than i planned, then wasn't hungry enough for ice Cream (hell has frozen over). I was too busy with SCIENCE to remember to go get a bowl!

I ran 1.25. I meant to run 0.75 but it felt so good! Stupid lying treadmill :P I'll believe it when i run out on the road. Still psyched though.

Made my water goal!

Side quests. Crammed my vits down late, like five minutes ago, but got em. Still didn't sleep enough. AM posting today! Busy day, but I felt good all day. That's happening more often, even with all the stress of these past weeks. Very glad too.

Night! (from mobile, hence any Autocorrect errors and noncappeIsd I's... The oh nm I'll just edit later

Ah, that totally makes sense!  I am always disappointed when I eat something tasty but don't enjoy it.  I just read a memoir about an alcoholic and one technique they are taught when sobering up is "think through the drink", i.e., think through what will happen each step of the drink and what will happen afterwards (I will drink the alcohol and it will taste great!  And then I'll want another one.  And another one. And another one until I am depressed and angry and guilty.  So, first drink isn't worth it).  I'm thinking I'll use this technique for my own emotional eating.  That, and the challenge to only eat, and not eat + read or eat + watch tv.

Also, good work on the water goal and for taking your vitamins, and congrats on running a bit farther than expected!

Hey weyrcat, sounds like times are tough & stressful but you're still powering through.  I think if you keep at the willpower one day at a time, you'll find yourself reaching your goals despite everything!!  Those calorie deficits, even with annoyed popsicle eatings, say it all! :)

Hope your dog is feeling better!

Thanks Ideal! I like the idea to "only eat, and not eat + read or eat + watch tv." I caught myself doing it yesterday too. A family member called and I want on the phone for an hour (ugh) and started stealing M&Ms from the reward bag in the freezer. Sheesh.

Thanks Sozzie! She finally went later, presumeably because she couldn't take it any more. It's been dryer the last couple days so I've been able to put her out for a little while at a time by herself (without worrying about her soaking her bandages through her boot). I think it gives her more chances to resign herself to go in the new smaller yard.

Thanks Kev! One day at a time, absolutely!

I didn't get to post yesterday, due to time constraints, and then overdid the lazy today. BUT

I did my run. 0.93 (road! this time) in 10:11.
Drank my water (still on the last 16 oz bottle, actually, I woke up headachey and slept in, hence the lazy, but it set back my water schedule). I'll make it.
And made my deficit. In fact, my deficit it too high thanks to missing a meal while sleeping in. Sitting at -1100. Goal is -500. Will probably have a little something like a sweet potato before bed to reduce that a little.

Side quests: Didn't take the vits. DID get enough sleep, because I slept in bleh.

ON TO TOMORROW!

Yay run!  Yay water!  Yay calorie deficit!  Yay lots of sleep!

Lots of yay's for yesterday... looks like you're rocking week 1!  enjoy the rest of the weekend :)

Yesterday was the last day of week one. Happy to report I finished the day meeting all my goals, and signaling my first perfect week. A.

atvrk3.jpg(source)

Today, I still made my goals (water IP), but it was an awful day.
I went to bed late to last night finish a rough draft that actually wasn't due today.
Woke up exhausted and drove to school drowsy (eek) so went to get some caffeine. You can't get coffee on campus and drink it within an hour (I swear, it's molten for no reason known to man. And always burned. -.-) so I got an energy drink that turned out to be $3.81 (wth?) and slammed it.
It then reacted with my vitamins (sigh) so I threw up my breakfast, my vitamins, $3.81 of caffeine, and probably my OTC. Great.
Bombed the pop quiz, which he decided was double points (still only 10 pts, but there's only 600 in the whole class). Awesome.
Lab went well, I think. Hopefully. I felt really good about the quiz (but I knew it was coming and had studied). I'll tell you if the PCR was done right on Wednesday. Heh.
Home around 5p, and Rook's foot apparently hurts her more than usual. She's limping on it, but the bandage was fine. The foot's not swollen but the wound is. She almost didn't let me clean it and rebandage it.
Now, slamming together an outline for a paper that I was told to redo (ha) for which I give a presentation on Wednesday, though it's not due until the 23rd.

I'm so tired of summer. I will never again take three classes while Husband is at drill, leaving me the only person to deal with a dog injury (two+ bandage changes a day, watching her constantly outside in the rain, and trying convince her I cannot remove the fence), and the only intermediate target for two family members' spat. Seriously. The one called me the other day to complain about the other (for an hour and a half.. until midnight..), but had accidentally called the other first, SO, the other calls to find out why I'm getting buddy-buddy with the first. OH. MY. GOD. If my sister and are like this when WE are 60 I pray to DOG I don't take it out on some poor frustrated INNOCENT relative.

WHEW. I needed that.
Now. Back to the paper. Professor felt it was more an environmental science paper than an ecology paper, so I am now tasked with turning the introduction of my first paper into a whole three-page paper... "Invasion Tactics and Success of Monk Parakeets (Myiopsitta monachus)." Title sucks. Make it better. kthx.

2hnxsg5.jpg(source)

Ouch, that is rough day! At least you got your water in, but how crappy to deal with all of that in a short period.  Sending good wishes for you and your puppy, and good luck with your studies.  My bf is in his week of finals, so I sympathize.

Hi Ideal! That's actually what I an about to apologize for! Been mia on abilibuddy front as I write research papers, reports, and study for exams. Today I reviewed six chapters of plant phys. Wish me luck tomorrow! (exam, final next week).

Today, ran 1mi treadmill, 64 water, deficit -1180. High, especially since I ran, but I didn't remember to eat when studying. I did have a fruitcicle though. Mmmango!

Side, took vits, no sleep, weeee!

Night!

Pardon weird everything, mobile update from bed (dedication!)