serjr's first challenge

serjr

Alright,

I've been reading Nerd Fitness for a few weeks now and decided to take the challenge this time around.

Here are my challenges:

1) Eat one legit serving of vegetables each day. I say legit, to mean the lettuce on a hamburger doesn't count.

2) Do 20 pushups a day. every day. Each week do 5 more pushups.

3) I have been having knee problems, so a sort of challenge will be to figure out how to get better. I've already got a doctor appointment, with possible physical therapy after that. I know it's not the typical challenge, but if I want to keep "leveling up my life", I've got to get my knee better.

Those are the challenges for this go around!

So far, I've been able to eat the veggies and do the pushups. Usually halfway through the day I remember about the veggies and have to get creative in how I get them. And last night I did pushups right before bed because I forgot. But I'll get there. Maybe I'll even plan for it one day!

Ate veggies everyday so far.

I skipped pushups for two days. I noticed that I was really sore and thought I may need to give my body some rest for recovery and strength building. What does someone else think? Maybe EVERY day is too much?

I finally went to the doctor and got set up with a physical therapist for my knee. Should start this week with him.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines