SeeingRed's Strength and Dexterity Challenge #1

This is my first challenge.
I recently heard of a guild of assassins located at the top of a mountain close to my village. I want to be able to reach the guild safely I will need to train so that I can climb the mountain without getting injured. I heard that the path to the top is broken by chasms and blocked by large rocks. I know that many people have tried to reach the guild but have never came back alive. I will have to work hard and be dedicated to my goals if I wish to make it to the top of the mountain and join the guild.

There will be many climbs up vertical cliff faces and I will need to be able to pull myself over the ledge so I will need to work on my upper body strength.
For this I will need to be able to do at least five consecutive muscle-ups. I can't do one yet. I have no problem with pull-ups, my max is 27

I am changing this goal to a freestanding handstand due to an injury to what I believe to be my rotator cuff which is preventing me from doing any type of pulling exercise. My goal will be to be able to do a freestanding handstand for 1 minute by the end of the challenge. (STR-4 STA-1)

There are many large chasms I need to jump across and large rocks that I will need to be able to jump over. To prepare for this I will begin to learn basic parkour moves, (rolling and vaulting, etc...) I have never done parkour before but looks very fun. (DEX-3 STA-2)

To fit in with the guild I will need to look like an assassin and to accomplish this I will need to eat healthy so I will begin to follow an intermittent fasting regimen (16-8) and eat healthy during eating time and I will wear all black for some of my training sessions. (CON-2)

My fourth goal,
Become a better swim coach. Watch more swimming videos and get a better grasp of correct technique. To accomplish this I will watch swimming videos and read up on swimming technique for ten minutes everyday even if I already know that technique. I recently got hired as a swim coach for my community rec swim team and I have no coaching experience though I have swam competitively pretty much my entire life. (WIS-3)

(Edited to add a storytelling element)

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

STR-5  DEX-3  STA-4  CON-4  WIS-2  CHA-2

The greatest pleasure in life is in doing what people say you cannot do.
-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Sorry Waldo not a Packer fan, I am a Bengals fan. I just love that quote from Lombardi. Thanks Rooks. I will definitely keep updating this thread. I can't wait for Monday! 

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

I've been working toward muscle ups but but I'm much further back than you.  I've gotten ring dips and ring pull-ups down but not well I'm working toward repping both of them out, then transition work.

Welcome, and Good luck with the challenge!

Level 3 Half-Ogre-Mage Assassin

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 10 | STA: 6 | CON: 12.5 | WIS: 6.8 | CHA: 3.5

Challenges: Current |  #3 | #2 | #1

I've been working toward muscle ups but but I'm much further back than you.  I've gotten ring dips and ring pull-ups down but not well I'm working toward repping both of them out, then transition work.

Welcome, and Good luck with the challenge!

Thanks! I wish I had access to rings cause I would love to start doing ring pull-ups. But all I have is a pull-up bar at home and on a playground. 

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

I may have had a slight setback today for the muscle-ups. I was trying to launch myself into a muscle-up by jumping but i didn't make it and I came down a little to hard and my left shoulder popped. I just to do another pull-up after a little bit of stretching but I struggled to do one.

I am not to worried about it to much yet because it does not hurt to bad, just a bit sore.

So what I plan to do is just avoid upper body work this week and see how it feels at the beginning of next week.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Ouch, sorry about the shoulder! That's a tough way to start a challenge. Nice goals though - have you checked out the swimming forum? Stevembk posts the workouts he sets for his Masters team pretty regularly, and he might be a good resource for you. Looking forward to seeing how your challenge goes!

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Ouch, sorry about the shoulder! That's a tough way to start a challenge. Nice goals though - have you checked out the swimming forum? Stevembk posts the workouts he sets for his Masters team pretty regularly, and he might be a good resource for you. Looking forward to seeing how your challenge goes!

Yea I am really hoping it is not to serious, hopefully just a strain. And I haven't checked the swimming forum out, I didn't realize there was a swimming forum, haha. Guess I should explore a little bit more, lol. Thanks for the help.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

I like the storytelling! Good luck with your goals!

Thanks! I have an idea in my head that I can grow the story with each challenge. I am not sure if it will work very well, haha. 

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

First off I spent 10 minutes practicing a parkour roll. My last few rolls felt pretty good.

I did an ab workout today. My arm is still pretty sore.

Workout 3 rounds:

20 crunches

15 oblique crunches each side

10 hyper-extensions

20 Lower back bridges (Lay on the ground in a sit-up position and lift your butt off the ground)

Weight: 172.6 lbs

BF%: 15

For some reason I can't post my before picture. But at least it is on my phone so I can see it.

Good luck to everyone today! Let's all kick some butt and reach our goals!

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Today has been a good day for me.

I read up on and watched more than ten minutes of freestyle breathing techniques to give advice to someone over in the swimming forum.

I broke my fast at 11 am just as I was supposed to and I have not eaten anything since 7 pm. 

I am already pumped to get moving for my workout tomorrow. I plan on doing legs and practice more parkour.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Nice goals!  Might I suggest putting the "precision jump" into your basic parkour skill set.  Keep it up.  :)

Yea, I will try working on that today since my arm is a bit sore still.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

I did my workout for this morning. Just constant movement for 23 minutes. I successfully did a vault over a small guard rail thing that was just out in the open. It was about 4 feet high. 

I am still following my intermittent fasting schedule and everything is going great. I can break the fast around 11 am. I have lost 3 lbs and .5% of body fat since I started which was four days ago.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

3 lbs in 4 days is great! Good to hear you're keeping up with the IF schedule. After a while it just becomes automatic and you wont even be hungry anymore. What kind of vault did you do? 

Thank, it isn't that hard for me to follow because in the evening I am tired so I go to sleep kind of early and in the morning I am working. 

I did a speed vault. After the fourth one I got over confident and my foot caught so I fell but it was not a bad fall.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

I did the my ten minutes of looking up swimming technique. I decided another way I could hold myself accountable for this goal would be to post what I find in a thread and give some of my own advice. 

Here is the thread I am posting in. http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/30948-swimming-technique/

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

I ended my eating time by eating a half cup of almonds at 7 pm. I wanted some banana bread and ice cream really bad but I fended off the craving for now by filling up my water bottle and drinking that.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

My workout for today.

3 rounds:

10 HSPU

20 Crunches

10 Tricep Pushups

10 Left oblique crunches

10 Wide Pushups

10 Right oblique crunches

10 Regular Pushups

10 Hyperextensions

5 Clapping Pushups

Weight: 171.2 lbs

BF %: 14.7

Going strong on my intermittent fasting.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Intermittent fasting is starting to become easy. I really have no cravings in the morning and none in the evening before bed. 

I still can't do any sort of pulling exercise cause of my left shoulder/arm won't allow me to. I am hoping it is better next week so I can start working on muscle-ups. I may try putting an ice pack on my shoulder tonight and see how that works. 

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Good luck with the shoulder.  I've not injured myself that bad (yet) working on muscle ups, but bruised my sternum pretty darn good a few times (getting the bottom of your sternum caught on the bar hurts like heck).

Damn, 10 hspu x 3, that has been a goal of mine for a while.  Going to start working them elevated when I get to that point.  So close.  Very nice workout.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines