Warriors Invitational: Minus the Armor, Round 2

true. you are pretty awesome.

Seconded.

As for me, I'm not doing that great. Being laid up for 4 days took the wind out of my sails and when I did go out, it was to go out drinking. 

I weighed in at about 204lbs tonight with a 39" waist. That's about where I started weight wise, but there's an extra inch on my waist. 

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

So I've been holding steady at 150 since I hit it (after gaining 5lbs in the week after the challenge, the week before my move, and the week after my move).

Pretty happy there.  I'm still getting stronger. 

Diet's been okay, not perfect but well above 80%.  

My boyfriend keeps mentioning that I keep looking smaller.  And I feel like I am.  Clothes are fitting better.  Abs are coming out.  Cellulite is slowly disappearing.

But the scale is stuck at 150.

I'm okay though, because my body's always been a "get to a weight, hangout there a few weeks, lose a few pounds, hang out there a few weeks" etc. kind of body.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

We're not going to have to pull out your own pictures where you looked thinner at 140 than you did at 130 are we? If my body was doing what yours was, no way would I care what the scale was doing :D

Are you trying to get into a lighter weight class for lifting comps?

We're not going to have to pull out your own pictures where you looked thinner at 140 than you did at 130 are we? If my body was doing what yours was, no way would I care what the scale was doing :D

Are you trying to get into a lighter weight class for lifting comps?

Bingo - weight classes are 132, 148, 165.

And the girls who compete in the 165 weight class hang out heavier than that normally, and then cut water weight to get into the 165 class. And they're much bigger than me so it would be hard to compete with them.

I'd much rather compete in 148 (or *gulp* 132)

(If this post seems brief or anything like that it's because I'm using my phone and don't want to type a lot :))

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Bingo - weight classes are 132, 148, 165.

And the girls who compete in the 165 weight class hang out heavier than that normally, and then cut water weight to get into the 165 class. And they're much bigger than me so it would be hard to compete with them.

I'd much rather compete in 148 (or *gulp* 132)

(If this post seems brief or anything like that it's because I'm using my phone and don't want to type a lot :))

Shave your head. Insta two pound drop :) 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Shave your head. Insta two pound drop :)

hahaha no i need that!

Do you have a particular comp you're trying to get ready for?

not at this time.  waiting for my leg to heal before i start competing again. but just generally trying to reduce weight for when that time comes.

you'd be so little at 132

We can play catch with her at the fall meetup :D

haha yea, and i'm not sure how possible it is.  it's 18lbs lighter than I am right now, and while I do have some fat to lose, I'm not sure I have 18lbs of it to lose.  So to get to 132 I might have to do some big loss of muscle (or some drastic water weight games if I can get down to like 140)

You could get away with maybe 6lbs of water/salt manipulation. Though, I have no idea how that shit works for girls. I know guys at that weight can drop 6lbs... based on my extensive background in cheering for high school wrestling friends.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

You could get away with maybe 6lbs of water/salt manipulation. Though, I have no idea how that shit works for girls. I know guys at that weight can drop 6lbs... based on my extensive background in cheering for high school wrestling friends.

The usual rule is to have your body weight within 2-3% of your competition weight a week out if its a same day weigh in and double it if it's a 24hr window.

Hanging out at 140.2. I need to get to 138.8 or below for weigh-in on the morning of July 8 for my meet. Hoping I can pull it off. :/ 

Measurements unchanged, but I feel leaner for some reason. 

I'd love to keep going and see if I can pull off the extra 10lb needed for the next weight class, but I'm not sure if I have 10lb of fat to lose. I may have to end up giving up and sticking with the 63kg class.

Weekly Weigh-In

Weight: 195.8 -> 195.2 -> 193.8 -> 193.8 -> 193.2(-2.6 lb)
Height: 6'1" -> 6'1" -> 6'1" -> 6'1" -> 6'1" (NC)

Waist (flexed): 31.0" -> 30.9" -> 30.6" -> 30.3" -> 30.0" (-1.0")
Waist (unflexed-loose, used for formulas): 33.0" -> 32.9" -> 32.6" -> 32.3" -> 32.0" (-1.0")
Hips/glutes: 40.9" -> 40.9" -> 40.9" -> 40.8" -> 40.5" (-0.4")
Wrist: 7.6" -> 7.6" -> 7.6" -> 7.6" -> 7.6" (NC)
Forearm: 12.9" -> 12.9" -> 12.9" -> 12.9" -> 12.9" (NC)
Neck: 16.5" -> 16.5" -> 16.5" -> 16.5" -> 16.5" (NC)

BMI Body Fat: 13.4% -> 13.4% -> 12.9% -> 12.2% -> 11.7% (-1.7%)
Navy Body Fat: 10.9% -> 10.6% -> 9.9% -> 9.2% -> 8.5% (-2.4%)

Mass (based off modified YMCA formula):
Lean Mass: 169.3 lb -> 169.1 lb -> 168.8 lb -> 170.1 lb -> 170.7 lb (+1.4 lb)
Fat Mass: 26.5 lb -> 26.1 lb -> 25.0 lb -> 23.7 lb -> 22.5 lb (-4.0 lb)

Well just like last week, still weighing high from the reefed.  Probably, oh about 1.4 lbs heavy.  Last week's low point was 192.0, on Thur.  Fat is dropping reliably around 1.2 lbs a week now since week 1.

I'm going to be out of town for the end of this thing, trip just came up last week.  Leaving the last Thur.  I'll do final weight/measurements Wed night. 

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Sorry I've been AWOL last few weeks, this challenge has been a walk through the wilderness, unfortunately been dealing with some heavy stuff and I don't mean weights :rolleyes:

Not been lifting much but trying to get myself back on track, here's where I'm at:

Weight: 77.5kg (171 pounds) >>>>77.9kg = +0.4  (172 pounds +1)

Height: 178cm (5'10")

Waist (at bellybutton): 91cm (36 inches)>>>>89cm (-2cm)

Hips/glutes: 101cm (40 inches)>>>>98cm (-3cm)

Wrist: 16cm>>>>16.5cm (+0.5cm)

Forearm: 26cm>>>>26cm (NC)

Neck: 38cm>>>>36cm (-2cm)

Using the standard Naval Body Fat calculator and the BMI Body Fat calculator as two points of reference.

BMI Body Fat: 23.95%>>>>21.35% (-2.6%)

Navy Body Fat: 21%>>>>21% (NC)

Bio impedance scales 16.1%>>>>17.6% (+1.5%)

Week1: Body Fat   21   % Fat Mass   16   kg Lean Mass   62   kg

Week 4: Body Fat   21   % Fat Mass   16   kg Lean Mass   62   kg

How's that for maintenance? :playful:  A PT at the gym did the first set of measurements and I thought they were too high at the time, I did the week 4 ones just now. I doubt I have dropped where these stats say I have, if anything I would of thought I'd put on a bit but then I have been doing a PLP fairly consistently and that is supposed to drop the waist nicely....anyway I have another session with the same PT booked to measure again in 2 weeks time so at least that should be consistent.

This has cheered me up though, thought I would be in trouble by now the way I've been eating so as I suspected I don't think I have been eating enough calories historically to put on muscle at the rate I want.

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge