Posy's Premiere Challenge Post

Posy

Hello everyone! This is my first challenge (and post, although I have lurked on this site for a long time). My apologizes now for the super long post. I tend to get a bit obsessed (or I just like structure and thoroughness, if you want to be nice about it).

Starting point:

I graduated from college in May of 2012, moved across country and in with my boyfriend's parents, and got my first real job. We are moving back out on July 15th and I will be starting graduate school this fall. I've lost 55 lbs since March of 2012, despite all the life shakeups and stress. I was doing the NF bodyweight/interval training workouts every other day from about the end of February until the end of April this year, but had to stop due to a back injury.

Weight: 134 lbs (estimated; it has fluctuated quite a bit over the past two weeks). I do weekly weigh-ins on Tuesday mornings, and only consider that number "official"

Height: 5'5"

I have some pictures, but they are bra and underwear only, and I am not sure yet what the posting rules are for that, so if anyone can let me know, I would appreciate it!

Measurements are from 5-14-13*:

• Hips = 39 in.
  • Bicep = 9.5 in.
  • Waist (at belly button) = 31.8 in.
  • Waist (one inch above belly button) = 28.5 in.
  • Chest (over nipple) = 34.5 in.
  • Chest (under breast) = 30.5 in.

* I will try to update photos and measurements either before or within a week of the challenge starting. However, I don't expect my weight or measurements to change significantly over six weeks. My fitness goals are centered around getting back into exercising after quite a few weeks out due to a back injury. I used the phrase "modified version" in my goals to leave wiggle room depending on how my back reacts. I suspect it will be difficult to get back into working out, especially because I will have to resist going back to my old levels immediately. My diet goal is going to be the hardest, but I think this challenge came at the perfect time and will hopefully help me stay on track. As for the reasoning behind the goal, well, that's a whole different post, which I am not keen to get into right now. Finally, my life goal is basically a continuation of something I've already been doing.

GOALS

Fitness:

1) Complete modified version (for my back) of NF bodyweight workout or interval training 3-4 times a week

Grade:

A: Workout completed at least three times a week

B: Workout completed two times a week

C: Workout once a week

D: Workout not completed at all

2) Yoga 3 times a week + stretch every day (already doing) and work in new stretching for back

Grades:

A: Yoga completed 3 times a week and stretches done every day

- Minus one letter grade for every day of yoga or stretching missed.

Diet:

3) Eat "clean" with no binges/fasting; allowances for 1 - 2 "treats" a week and up to two diet sodas a week*.

Grades:

A: No binges; one or less weekly treats and one or less diet sodas

B: No binges; 2 "cheat" meals and two diet sodas

C: No binges; more than 2 "cheat" meals or more than two diet sodas

D: Any binging and/or fasting

Life:

4) Study Danish for at least 1 hour a day (already doing)

Grades:

A: Study for 1 hour every day

B: Study for less than 1 hour any day of the week

C: Miss studying any day of the week

D: Miss more than one day of studying during the week

When I previously did the NF workouts (every other day) I kept a simple word document with information like what I ate before and after, how long it took, how many reps/set/pounds were done, etc. I will continue to build off this old list as I do the workouts. My diet goals will be tracked with MyFitnessPal, which is a site I already use. I also already note there if I've stretched or not. Finally, I have a sort of daily-fill-in-the-chart system I use for studying, which involves rewarding myself with different colored star stickers based on how long I've studied.

I have not decided how I want to assign my starting attribute points, yet. My boyfriend says I should put them all in charisma. *Sigh*

As for the 15 attribute points for my goals:

Strength or interval training: 3 STR + 2 STA

Diet: 2 CON + 1 WIS

Yoga and daily stretches: 1 DEX + 1 STA + 1 CON

Studying: 3 WIS

That is only 14 points. If I get an overall A grade for this challenge then I will also award myself +1 CHA, because I think these are things that will make me more attractive, haha.

Oh, and I am already interested in some of the PvP challenges. Especially the meditation ones. I wanted to include that in my goals, but it seemed like too much.

And... I think that is all for now. :)

*Posy*

Current Challenge

Consulting Knights in the TARDIS

Previous Challenges: One

True Neutral Human Adventurer with Ranger-Druid aspirationsCurrent Stats: LVL 2 || (STR) 6 || (DEX) 4 || (STA) 5 || (CON) 3.5 || (WIS) 9.5 || (CHA) 4.5

I love that you included binging and fasting. I have been in denial about the fact I fast when I get super stressed or lazy.

Your goals are fantastic and I know you will kick serious butt. If you have stuck with losing weight before, sticking with getting strong will be no problem.

You got this! :)

The binging/fasting was something I wanted make a post about on BS, but was not sure how it would be recieved there. So I'm just starting to work on it on my own and hopefully this challenge will help me really focus on it.

<3

*Posy*

Current Challenge

True Neutral Human Adventurer with Ranger-Druid aspirationsCurrent Stats: LVL 2 || (STR) 6 || (DEX) 4 || (STA) 5 || (CON) 3.5 || (WIS) 9.5 || (CHA) 4.5

The binging/fasting was something I wanted make a post about on BS, but was not sure how it would be recieved there. So I'm just starting to work on it on my own and hopefully this challenge will help me really focus on it.

<3

I think a lot more people have problems with it than we would like to admit. The fasting part is really hard for me when I work weekends or when I am super stressed out or everwhelmed. I am really excited that you mentioned it. <3

Just wanted to update my "starting stats" before the challenge starts tomorrow:

Weight: 130 lbs

Height: 5'5" (still!)

Hips: 38.2 in.

Bicep: 9.5

Waist (at belly button):  32.5

Waist (one inch above belly button): 27.8

Chest (over nipple): 33.5

Chest (under breast): 31.3

Again, I don't expect these to change that much over six weeks, but I like having the numbers.

*Posy*

Current Challenge

I think it's great how you have thorougly defined your goals, with the grades as well. I'm sure you will do great!

Level 4 Ranger

[sTR] 5 [DEX] 5 [sTA] 7 [CON] 8.5 [WIS] 10 [CHA] 8

Current Challenge

Previous challengesFirst challengeSecond Challenge,Third ChallengeFourth Challenge

"Don't waste time on jealousy because sometimes you are ahead and sometimes you are behind, but in the end the

race is long and it's only ever with yourself"

I think it's great how you have thorougly defined your goals, with the grades as well. I'm sure you will do great!

Thanks! It really helps me to have a thorough plan. Today I am working on how I want to modify my strength training and interval training workouts as well as what kind of back stretches I want to do. I find it's easier to motivate myself to do those things if I have an exact idea of what I want to do instead of making vague plans to "workout".

*Posy*

Current Challenge

Alright, so here are my workout plans:

Strength Training:

Warm-up: 10 minutes of jogging in place. Optional: 30 second "high-knees" intervals for every two minutes of jogging (for a total of 4 intervals)

Per Circuit (X3):

- 20 second squat (3-6 lbs weights optional)

- 15 knee pushups

- 20 second plank

- 60 toe taps

- 15 second bridge per leg

Weights (X3):

- 10 dumbbell rows (16 lbs)

- 10 bicep curls (10 lbs)

- 10 dumbbell lateral raises ( 4 lbs)

Cool-Down: 5 minutes of jogging in place

Stretch

Interval Training:

Warm-up: 5 minutes of light jogging

Intervals: 8-10 intervals (or 20 - 25 minutes) of 30 seconds "high-knees" + 2 minutes of jogging

Cool-down: 5 minutes of light jogging

Stretch

These are general workout plans based on what I had been doing a month ago before I was injured and what I think I am capable of now. Of course, this is highly likely to change once I attempt my first workout and have a better idea of where I'm at. Also, I plan to "increase" the strength training workout over the six weeks. I will not be alternating these every other day. My goal is to do the strength training either every other day or at least on non-work days (so at least 3 times a week). Interval training will be sprinkled in there whenever I feel like it.

*Posy*

Current Challenge

Hey Posy, your goals are super - very well thought-out! I'm following to keep myself motivated, as I can see great things coming from this thread - no need to wish YOU good luck! :nevreness:

My apologizes now I tend to get a bit obsessed (or I just like structure and thoroughness, if you want to be nice about it).

Me too! I HAVE to have something all planned out perfectly before I will begin it. Guess it's not a bad thing?

As for the photos, I think it's just a matter of choice. Have seen a few people post before+afters..

Level 2 Imp. Assassin at heart, training with the Adventurers - Challenges: 1 , 2(Current)STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 6 | CON 4,75 | WIS 4,5 | CHA 3,75

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West

Hey Posy, your goals are super - very well thought-out! I'm following to keep myself motivated, as I can see great things coming from this thread - no need to wish YOU good luck! :nevreness:

Me too! I HAVE to have something all planned out perfectly before I will begin it. Guess it's not a bad thing?

As for the photos, I think it's just a matter of choice. Have seen a few people post before+afters..

Thanks! I read your thread and can see we have a similar level of motivation (or organization at least haha). I definitely look forward to seeing how your progress.

*Posy*

Current Challenge

Alright, so here are my workout plans:

Strength Training:

Warm-up: 10 minutes of jogging in place. Optional: 30 second "high-knees" intervals for every two minutes of jogging (for a total of 4 intervals)

Per Circuit (X3):

- 20 second squat (3-6 lbs weights optional)

- 15 knee pushups

- 20 second plank

- 60 toe taps

- 15 second bridge per leg

Weights (X3):

- 10 dumbbell rows (16 lbs)

- 10 bicep curls (10 lbs)

- 10 dumbbell lateral raises ( 4 lbs)

Cool-Down: 5 minutes of jogging in place

Stretch

Interval Training:

Warm-up: 5 minutes of light jogging

Intervals: 8-10 intervals (or 20 - 25 minutes) of 30 seconds "high-knees" + 2 minutes of jogging

Cool-down: 5 minutes of light jogging

Stretch

These are general workout plans based on what I had been doing a month ago before I was injured and what I think I am capable of now. Of course, this is highly likely to change once I attempt my first workout and have a better idea of where I'm at. Also, I plan to "increase" the strength training workout over the six weeks. I will not be alternating these every other day. My goal is to do the strength training either every other day or at least on non-work days (so at least 3 times a week). Interval training will be sprinkled in there whenever I feel like it.

I love this workout plan. Yay to jogging!

I love this workout plan. Yay to jogging!

Thanks. We'll see if I ever do the jogging haha. I probably will if the strength training is too much for my back, though.

*Posy*

Current Challenge

Day one results:

• Did my regular stretches and incorporated some stretches for my back. However, I think I need to find more for my upper back. Took about 17 minutes.
  • Studied for an hour.
  • 5 minute breathing space (one of my PvP challenges).
  • Joined my accountibillibuddy group "CKitT" (mini-challenge).
  • Did about a half hour of yoga.

The yoga is not part of my original goals. However, I think I'm going to try the following schedule: Strength training on non-work days and interval training on non-work days between strength training days (so I don't have two strength training days back-to-back) - for a total of at least 3 days a week. Then I will try to do yoga on work days, but I am not holding myself accountable for it. I think it's just a little "extra" to help with my back and stretching, and I can handle it after a long day of standing on my feet and already being sore.

Usually I work on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. So my schedule would look like this:

Monday: Yoga
Tuesday: Strength training

Wednesday: Yoga

Thursday: Yoga

Friday: Strength training

Saturday: Interval training

Sunday: Strength training

Alternatively, I sometimes work on Monday, Thursday, and Friday. In which case is would look like this:
Monday: Yoga

Tuesday: Strength training

Wednesday: Interval training

Thursday: Yoga

Friday: Yoga

Saturday: Strength training

Sunday: Interval training

Sorry for all of that information. I just like having an idea in my head of what I will do. I find it's easier to stay on track if I'm prepared for obstacles.

Tomorrow I start my first strength training workout (well, first in over a month), and will update with how that goes. Then probably I will wait a couple of days to update again.

*Posy*

Current Challenge

Wow! You've got it all planned out--I'm super impressed! Best of luck with your goals!

Tseecka
Lvl 2 Amazonian Adventurer
STR: 8 DEX: 5 STA: 3.5 CON: 6.5 WIS: 6.5 CHA: 1.5
"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~*~Exercise daily if convenient. If inconvenient, exercise anyway~*~
Daily Battle Log: HERE

Accountibilibuddies: Looking :(

Add my voice to those impressed by your planning and organization. Looks like you will rock this challenge! 

Optimist: someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's more like a cha-cha.

Member of CNF: TOS

This is super organized! How do you do it? I try...and fail... here's to a great challenge!

Thanks! I guess I just need the organization. I tend to fail without it.

*Posy*

Current Challenge

Day two results:

Today was my first day back doing the strength training workout. I added one exercise that I forgot to originally list and lowered the weights for two of the exercises. It kicked my butt. I think I will keep everything at this level for the rest of the week and then try to gradually increase things every week.

I've also finished studying for today. As part of learning Danish I have been doing "culture studies" (I'm going to graduate school for anthropology, duh!). Anyway, I decided to start reading Danish news (in English, for now), and I was so happy, because there was a word in Danish and I figured out what it meant. Such a little thing, but still.

I still need to meditate today, and was thinking about doing progressive muscle relaxation (a technique I learned when I was in therapy for anxiety). I'm just taking a break to update this before I get to it.

Then the rest of the day is for playing video games (currently re-playing Fallout 3 for the millionth time)!

I'll probably hold off on updating until Friday, which is when I will do my second strength training workout out.

*Posy*

Current Challenge

Learning Danish is a pretty awesome goal! I would have language studies in my challenge but, too many other things I need to get under control first. Next time! (But probably not Danish!)

Avril O.
We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" - Matt Smith as the Doctor

"Space is big. Really big." - Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Avril's Respawn

Avril's Epic Quest

Posy, Looks like you have it in the bag.  Just remember not to g=throw in the towel if you miss a day.  It's not the end of the world.  Look at it as a new start.  But as others have said, you probably know that with how far you've come.

hergetm

STR:3  DEX:2  CON:4 WIS: 4  CHA: 2

We do not stop playing because we grow old.  WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING - Benjamin Franklin

Life is too important to be taken seriously - Oscar Wilde

If yo obey all the rules you miss all the fun - Katherine Hepburn

Joy is the feeling of grinning inside - Melba Colgrove

My Challenge page:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30910-count-me-in/

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines