Nara's Doodle Quest Vol.1

Nara

Uh oh Nara, I don't think Rare Candy is Paleo~

Magi's right, BACON is the solution!

Z5kaRCn.gif

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

Ah HA! There you are! I remember seeing your intro in the welcome forum and then it dropped off the first page! DX

I'm a fellow artist and lover of angels. (Although mine are not nearly as adorable as yours.) I love your comics and your enthusiasm is totally addicting. What software do you work in?

I'm definetely following your thread! Can't wait to see what else you come up with in your quest for Doodle Superiority!

Freckles

"When do we start?"

Saedyn Adventurer-Level 1

STR: 2 DEX: 2 STA: 2 CON: 2 WIS: 4.5 CHA: 3.5

First Step Life in a Tiny Village: The Hokkaido Fox

Wah, whaaaaaaat?! I miss a day and this place is popping!! XD 
Nara, loveee your updates so fun. :3

And yay on first day! 

MONTBLANC
*Adventuring Occultist*
(STR) 1 * (DEX) 2 * (STA) 1 * (CON) 3 * (WIS) 5 * (CHA) 3

To thrive in life you need three bones: A wishbone. A backbone. And a funny bone. 

xD Your comics are to die for. I /wish/ I had that sort of talent. What I do have, though, is some fabulous online learning resources ;)

http://oli.cmu.edu/courses/free-open/french-i-course-details/  - Elementary French 1, offered through Carneige Mellon University

http://oli.cmu.edu/courses/free-open/french-ii-course-details/ - Elementary French 2, offered through Carneige Mellon University

All free. They don't offer college credit for free, but you can at least use the resources to learn it on your own. I'm hoping to tackle Russian someday (though Greek is already scheduled this fall!) and I saw they had French as an option on this website as well.

Or heck, for anyone really.. go through http://www.openculture.com/freeonlinecourses and there are literally HUNDREDS of classes offered by some really high class educational institutions (Yale, Carneige, UC Berkeley, Harvard, Oxford.. I mean tons)

"Even if you don't make it all the way, those last 10 seconds of trying and not getting anywhere - that's where you gain the most strength." - Jessie Graff

Uh oh Nara, I don't think Rare Candy is Paleo~

Magi's right, BACON is the solution!

Z5kaRCn.gif

^ This.

Black Half-Hobbit Half-Human

Level 1, Rebel

"Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Missed the challenge cut-off but I'm here anyway.  Don't know a lick of French and pretty much failed Spanish but I'm game for anything as long as fun is involved :-)   I'll put my seat belt on and enjoy the ride!!!

Fun is pretty much all ya need~ Yes put on those seatbelts cause we're gunna rocket! :D

Ah HA! There you are! I remember seeing your intro in the welcome forum and then it dropped off the first page! DX

I'm a fellow artist and lover of angels. (Although mine are not nearly as adorable as yours.) I love your comics and your enthusiasm is totally addicting. What software do you work in?

I'm definetely following your thread! Can't wait to see what else you come up with in your quest for Doodle Superiority!

O_O What? I has been searched? Waaaat?

Yay~! More Artist peeps, and angel peeps! :3 I work primarily in Photoshop CS5, I'm more familiar with it~

It's gunna be a wild ride i'll tell ya that much xD and thankies~!

Your doodles are awesome!! I love comics and the like - I'm especially a fan of manga, which is why I decided to start learning Japanese.

Fabulous!!

FABBBULOUSSSSSS~ -throws boa around shoulder- Which kinds of manga you read? :3

Wah, whaaaaaaat?! I miss a day and this place is popping!! XD 

Nara, loveee your updates so fun. :3

And yay on first day! 

xD Squee~ I'm tempted to rename the thread "popcorn" for that reason. Be all FREE POPCORN, PLACE IS POPPIN' LIKE KERNELS IN A WILDFIRE. At least the bears won't go hungry.

xD Your comics are to die for. I /wish/ I had that sort of talent. What I do have, though, is some fabulous online learning resources ;)

http://oli.cmu.edu/courses/free-open/french-i-course-details/  - Elementary French 1, offered through Carneige Mellon University

http://oli.cmu.edu/courses/free-open/french-ii-course-details/ - Elementary French 2, offered through Carneige Mellon University

All free. They don't offer college credit for free, but you can at least use the resources to learn it on your own. I'm hoping to tackle Russian someday (though Greek is already scheduled this fall!) and I saw they had French as an option on this website as well.

Or heck, for anyone really.. go through http://www.openculture.com/freeonlinecourses and there are literally HUNDREDS of classes offered by some really high class educational institutions (Yale, Carneige, UC Berkeley, Harvard, Oxford.. I mean tons)

*3* -hug- Oh yes~ Merci, Beaucoup ma amie! This is an awesome resource~! Your so awesome! :D

tumblr_m92c5lCFgh1rrk2on.gif

~Nara~

Art Elemental Adventurer Lvl. 1

STR-6 | DEX-2.5 | STM-3 | CON-4 | WIS-9 | CHR- 4.5

Intro | Misadventures

Challenges:

Doodle Quest Vol.1

Nara, this is so creative! I'm mad jealous of your skillz~

Sweet goals! Can't wait to hear how the journey goes :) Also, do you have a link to your artwork? A dev account mebbe? I'd really enjoy seeing more of your stuff!

(Félicitations, Nara :) Moi aussi, j'avais Ã©tudier le francais a l'école secondaire et j'éspère que une journée je peut etre bilingue aussi. En septième année, notre classe avons eu la chance de visiter une parc d'amusement  dans la belle ville de Montréal. Peut-etre tu peut aussi visiter une place ou tout le monde parle francais? Comme Québec ou France? Cette une bonne chance pour practiquer la langue, fait les amis, ou meme apprendre la langue dans un temps court :) Also, I'm definitely down to practice so feel free to message me!)

Je pense q'on doit.... set up a thread in which peoples can speak French to each other. (I don't know how to talk about forums and threads in French, ha ha!) But yes, if there isn't one already somewhere in the greater realm of the forum (I've barely ventured beyond the Adventurer's Challenge forum), there should be. There's certainly enough interest!

And... I love popcorn. Your Level 1 avatar is pretty stinking cute too.

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501

Nara, tes dessins sont toujours aussi excellents !!!!

Vivement la suite de tes aventures !!!

I'll be glad to help you with this part of your quest as long as you feed us with these incredible doods until we cannot take it anymore, which won't happen...

and go for the challenge ! we won't let you fail !

Saiyan in preparation - level 1 : http://streetworkout-france.fr/?p=1230

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log

Looks like your progress is going pretty good. Yay for not letting cat allergies stop you! :) Also I love Baka Test xD it was the first thing I thought of when I read the comic haha

Level:2

Magical Girl Adventurer

Current Challenge: July 29th-Sept 8th

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34599-misslaces-quest-to-lvl-2/#entry628514

STR:6|DEX:3|STA:6|CON:3| WIS:7|CHA:8

"No matter how far you are down the wrong road, turn back."-turkesh proverb

Nara, this is so creative! I'm mad jealous of your skillz~

Sweet goals! Can't wait to hear how the journey goes :) Also, do you have a link to your artwork? A dev account mebbe? I'd really enjoy seeing more of your stuff!

(Félicitations, Nara :) Moi aussi, j'avais Ã©tudier le francais a l'école secondaire et j'éspère que une journée je peut etre bilingue aussi. En septième année, notre classe avons eu la chance de visiter une parc d'amusement  dans la belle ville de Montréal. Peut-etre tu peut aussi visiter une place ou tout le monde parle francais? Comme Québec ou France? Cette une bonne chance pour practiquer la langue, fait les amis, ou meme apprendre la langue dans un temps court :) Also, I'm definitely down to practice so feel free to message me!)

I haven't really set up a "homebase" for my stuff as of yet, but been playing with the notion of creating a blog so that everything is organized and such :3 I'll prolly do that and put the link up here~!

Salut~! I would try and reply in French but I think my brain is just about shorting out now xD" So English it is!

That sounds nice actually~! Perhaps one day when I can get enough to catch a plane over there I would love to go for all reasons~!

Je pense q'on doit.... set up a thread in which peoples can speak French to each other. (I don't know how to talk about forums and threads in French, ha ha!) But yes, if there isn't one already somewhere in the greater realm of the forum (I've barely ventured beyond the Adventurer's Challenge forum), there should be. There's certainly enough interest!

And... I love popcorn. Your Level 1 avatar is pretty stinking cute too.

That actually seems like a good idea O: Français shenanigans! It would help with my French Goal accountability :3

Mmmm Popcorn *3* and Thankies~ It's based off of an Axolotl!

Nara, tes dessins sont toujours aussi excellents !!!!

Vivement la suite de tes aventures !!!

I'll be glad to help you with this part of your quest as long as you feed us with these incredible doods until we cannot take it anymore, which won't happen...

and go for the challenge ! we won't let you fail !

tumblr_inline_mgr5ygRavQ1qcqwuv.gif

Je suis heureux que vous les aimiez~!

Yay~ More Sensei Buddies~! :D Hahaha I will most certainly still doodle~ If I don't I'll prolly be busy with the other two drawing goals I got up there :3

It's nice to hear that actually~ I just I kinda need that sort of accountability, hard to fail when peeps are watching!

Makes sense. Now I'm just picturing pieces of wood with rainbows on them.

Rainbow termites eating rainbow wood? xD Would that mean if you find their hive you'd find a stash of gold?

Looks like your progress is going pretty good. Yay for not letting cat allergies stop you! :) Also I love Baka Test xD it was the first thing I thought of when I read the comic haha

Ironically I think my body is becoming immune (or more tolerant) of the cat's presence o3o That or my body is just "I'm tired of itching g'night"

Really? xD Must've affected me deeper than I imagined~! I wish they'd make a season 2 though :C Not unless they have and it's just not on Netflix... Been watching Kenichi: The mightiest disciple now xD

~Nara~

Intro | Misadventures

Challenges:

Doodle Quest Vol.1

UPDATE: (More or less)

I'm home~ :D Yay! Now to flop over and roll around before kicking it in gear again tomorrow~ Also today was check-in day and I lost 5 more pounds (and took pictures)! So that puts me at around 233-ish pounds, bout three more till I hit my goal :3 Didn't notice much change in the picture but I assume there comes a point where your body gets accustomed to strength training and the switching of fat with muscle and such~ So no worries there

Goal 1: Finished my Wednesday set! Getting a good mentality of "all for nothing" so if I start it at least a little I feel obligated to finish it :3

Goal 2: Not much done except preparation. Since I'm home have to gather all my reference and characters and story bible to start working on the characters. At least I pretty much have my setting done :3 So 1/3 there.

Goal 3: Studied a little bit of French, Today was not a day of focus.

Goal 4: Got 3 cards done yesterday and set up a list of all that needs to be done. Sketched the rest of the weapon playing cards for the Zombie game so all that needs now is coloring (which takes me perhaps 30 min depending on complexity) Got some screenshots of some I already finished:

934929_645289608819388_163978691_n.jpg295525_645289602152722_1079959592_n.jpg6484_645289605486055_1232472454_n.jpg

So one card is for the "Time" and the other are Healing items :3 (Hamburgers=Earthbound=Needs ketchup)

Would've shown how far I gotten on the game board but my computer is being herp-a-derp (too large, too many apps going)

Doodles: I have another set of DoodleQuest sketched, and currently mid-way of lining another set of the Saint's Row Co-op adventures :3 So busy busy~

I actually do have a question though regarding perhaps the artsy stuff, Since I have my workouts on certain days and also French, I don't really have a set day for the Plot developing or group work goals, or would I even need one? e_o GeeHHhhhHh

Anyways hope you all are doing well in your challenges~ Tatty Bye~

~Nara~

Intro | Misadventures

Challenges:

Doodle Quest Vol.1

Update: My brain is mounting a rebellion, and the power decided to fail for an hour or so o3o

Goal 1: N/A

Goal 2: Went though and did 4-ish/8 main character sheets

Goal 3: Replied to some conversations in French, Studied for about couple hours :3

Goal 4: N/A

Doodles: Finished Saint's Row 2 set (on my Misadventures thread); sketched the next DoodleQuest in PS.

Excuse me I'm gunna go pass out on that comfy looking hallucinogenic rainbow bear mermaid. Oh yes.

Bonne Soirée, Mes Amies~

~Nara~

Intro | Misadventures

Challenges:

Doodle Quest Vol.1

No, brain, you're already part of the NF Rebellion. No rebelling the Rebellion!

...Also, you have a hallucinogenic rainbow bear mermaid??

418493_418759_418661L.jpg

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

I am hella impressed by your productivity!

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer Looking to Become an Assassin with Some Druid and Monk capabilities

Current Stats: (STR) 1 || (DEX) 1 || (STA) 1 || (CON) 2 || (WIS) 4 || (CHA) 6

Awesome job on the card games! It looks like fun, do you play the zombie or a survivor?

Nara you've been a busy bee!! How do you find time for everything?! *.*
How are you feeling about your French? Have you ever thought of joining interpals? It's a pen pal website. I had a Korean friend on there who was teaching me for a while, but then I just disappeared. =.= Ya know, I think I'm going to make learning a new language a goal for next time! :)

MONTBLANC
*Adventuring Occultist*
(STR) 1 * (DEX) 2 * (STA) 1 * (CON) 3 * (WIS) 5 * (CHA) 3

To thrive in life you need three bones: A wishbone. A backbone. And a funny bone. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines