Terinatum is running for her life, no wait... lungs!

Terinatum

So, challenge 3. I think I'm getting the hang of making good goals. Before my 1st challenge, I was jazzed. Before my second, I was excited and scared. Now as I start this one, I'm moderately jazzed and excited, and very determined! This is what I want and I'm done putting everyone ahead of me at the expense of my health and happiness. No more. I'm a Nerd Fitness Rebel now. :smiley_simmons: There is no try, there is only do.

HA! Here we go…. :onthego:                                                                  Good luck to all.  

GOAL #1 – Increase Lung Capacity (+ 3 STA)

I run, jog, and briskly walk; and it's always my lungs that give out. My legs are rarely tired. So, I'm working out that which needs to get better!

Balloon Blow Up                5x10                               every day

Breathing Exercises        1x10                                everyday

A = 37-42 days; B = 30 – 36 days; C = 19 – 29 days; D = 8 – 18 days

Singing                            warm-up & 5 songs                    3xweek

Jogging/Walking             25 minutes min.               3xweek

A = 16 – 18 days; B = 13 – 15 days; C = 8 – 12 days; D = 3-7 days

Grade will be average of all grades

A = 3 pts; B = 2.25 pts; C = 1.5 pts; D = .75 pts

GOAL #2 – Progress to Real Push Ups (+3 STR)

I know, I know, it's a lot, but I really want it. I'll be weight training and doing pushups to get there. The grade will be on the work put in, not the ability to do a regular push up.

3xweek

Good Morning                   3x5             25lbs : add 5# every week

Goblet Squat                   3x5             30lbs : add 5# every week

Bench                              3x5             35lbs : add #5 every week

Lunge                              3x5             assisted : progress up to no hands

Incline Leg Lift               3x5             add twist around week 4 : increase to 3x8

Sit Up                            3x5             add twist around week 4 : increase to 3x10

Hip Raise                         1x5              hold for 15 secs : add 5 secs. every week

Plank                               1x3              hold for 10 secs : add 5 secs. every week

Push Up                           3x5             back of bench height : progress to knee, then regular

Grading

A = 16 – 18 days (3 pts); B = 13 – 15 days (2.25 pts);

C = 8 – 12 days (1.5 pts); D = 3-7 days (.75 pts)

GOAL #3 – Decreasing Sugar Intake (+2 CON, +2 STA)

Last challenge, I started out well with eliminating packaged sugar items, but then I tried to eliminate other sugar items as well, instead of sticking to the plan. As a result, I bombed. So, whatever I decide my challenge is this time; it will NOT change, no matter how well I'm doing. I'm using the progression technique from my first challenge when I quit Dr Pepper. Sugar has been an addiction of mine for far too long now: Time to say thank you, sugar, for helping me survive and goodbye.

By Week Two – no packaged desserts or candy

By Week Four – no fresh-baked cookies, restaurant desserts, or bakery items with sugar

By Week Six – no chocolate milk

Grading

A = 1 slip per week or less (4 pts); B = 6 slips, only one can be in week six (3 pts);

C = 8 slips, only one can be in week six (2 pts); D = 10 slips, only two can be in week six (1 pt)

GOAL #4 –  Organize and Repair the Apartment to Level Up My Life (+2 DEX, +1 CHR)

I have several projects concerning the apartment so I'd like to focus on those as summer gets closer (please ignore the fact that I'm sitting here in mere undergarments, because it's around 90 degrees out, and this is Vermont). I attempted to do the screen door last challenge, but with the sugar debacle it didn't happen. So, I'm making a list of items to choose from and I have to get 6 points to get an A for this goal.

Screen Door – 2 points

Fix Shower Head – 2 points

Put Treads on Outside Stairs – 2 points

Fix Bike – 1 point

Scan Photos – 1 point (at least 50)

Hang My Art – 1 point

Scrub the Dickens Out of Any Floor – 1 point (2 max)

Fix Rain Gutter – 2 points

Remove Old Iron Pipes Sticking Up Out of the Driveway – 3 points Believe it or not, I do have a Landlord; He just doesn't do much Lording.

Grading

A = 6 pts (3 pts); B = 5 pts (2.25 pts);

C = 4 pts (1.5 pts); D = 3 pts (.75 pts)

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Terinatum- I have never considered lung capacity exercises! That's brilliant!

I also like how you assigned specific points to your life task. All or nothing goals can be hard to want to complete, so breaking it down seems wise.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

My lungs probably still have some cig smoke damage although I quit 16 years ago.

Plus I've never really been fast on my feet so most of my fun stuff rarely had serious lung requests.

But that is cchhhaanngiinggg!!

Yeah!

Good luck on our first day!

Teri

The Way

Better Now than Later On

WOOT on your goal Terinatum! A lot of people neglect lung strength and capacity when it's really essential for running.

Awesome no sugar goal! Teri's great, cause she gave up chocolate cake!

Great goals and plan, sugar is a tough beast, but totally beatable, I rely a lot on fruits to calm cravings, and it's way better than the previous alternatives, soon I may work on reducing them.. soon.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

WOOT on your goal Terinatum! A lot of people neglect lung strength and capacity when it's really essential for running.

Awesome no sugar goal! Teri's great, cause she gave up chocolate cake!

LOL

How is it, you always pop up when I need a bit of pep? Thx Girlfriend!

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Great goals and plan, sugar is a tough beast, but totally beatable, I rely a lot on fruits to calm cravings, and it's way better than the previous alternatives, soon I may work on reducing them.. soon.

Soon indeed. I worked on it in the last challenge and got ahead of myself. This time it's slow and steady and it's NOT a race.

Good Luck on your goals, German, I'm following you to watch for greatness!

😛😎

The Way

Better Now than Later On

you have to write about those lung exercises in detail! please!!!

i still smoke and my breathing during workout sounds like darth vader..... *I hhhhhAMhhhhhYOURhhhhhFATHERhhhhh!!!!* :)

I will do it tonight for you. Get a good, hearty balloon while you wait😙 lol

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Great goals Terinatum!

I also have a less sugar goal and I'm very interested in reading about your breathing exercices.

Sysydo, Lady of the brook

September-October's no challenge Nerd Fitness New Sysydo

Big dreams come in little steps. Whenever you get overwhelmed with the big picture, sit down, take a deep breath and plan the next step. At times, it’s not a graceful step, sometimes it’s not a straight step, but it’ll get you foreward and over a tough hurdle one step at a time.†—Polly Letofsky

Okay, here are my breathing exercises.and a short, you-knew-this-already-but-good-to-be-reminded health explanation of good breathing. Please read through it all even though it's long. You may find just what you want at the end. Enjoy! Teri  :smiley_simmons:

Many muscles used for posture/stability and breathing are the same: the diaphragm, transversus abdominis, intercostals, shoulders, and the muscles comprising the pelvic floor. Maintaining optimal posture and respiration is important during exercise, and can be quite challenging during several activities, including running.

Effects of poor breathing habits:

Stiffness: The rib cage and surrounding muscles get stiff causing inhalation to become more difficult. Less elasticity and weak muscles leave stale air in the tissues of the lungs and prevents fresh oxygen from reaching the blood stream.

Rapid, Shallow Breathing: This type of breathing, often caused by poor posture and weak or stiff muscles, leads to poor oxygen supply and sluggishness.

Poor posture, especially while sitting. How often do you find yourself with curved-in shoulders and droopy eyes? We sit, a lot, and we depend on the chair to hold us steady, sure, but in a good position? My arm chair is awesome, except for the fact that I keep having to open up my shoulders to get better air. And if you hear your sternum pop... well, it's been way too long in that position!

So let's fix this and see how far we can run when our lungs are open and stronger!  :onthego:

** Disclaimer - use wisely and in proportion with your level of health. Thanks.

Balloon Blow Up Busters (my own name)

Items needed -

a good balloon, your lunges and diaphragm, and a little time.

Regular blow up: Focus on your diaphragm. Set the balloon to your lips. With cheeks firm (don't expand your cheeks), inhale normally,then exhale and blow up balloon so that you get past the initial resistance and expand the balloon to your comfort level. Take balloon away from mouth and release the air.

*Fart sounds optional.

Extended blow up: repeat the set up of a regular blow up. When you blow up the balloon past resistance, continue until all the air possible has left your lungs. Release balloon air. Do NOT inhale quickly to get more air, control the intake, it's part of the exercise.

Airless blow up: First, inhale once and then exhale half of your air. Set and blow up the balloon with the strength of your diaphragm. Expand balloon past initial resistance and beyond as possible.

Routine One:

Stand straight and relaxed: ears, shoulders, hips, and feet in line, while keeping your chin parallel to the ground. Breath until you feel you are at your normal breathing level.

Do 3 - 5 Regular Blow Ups within 30 seconds.

Rest for 30 seconds.

Do 1 or 2 Extended Blow Ups within 1 minute.

Rest for 30 seconds.

Do  3 or 4 Airless Blow Ups, resting as needed in between each to get to a normal breathing rate.

Do 3 - 5 Regular Blow Ups within 1 minute.

Do up to 5 cycles.

Equals 1 set.

*Like lifting, if you don't feel any muscle fatigue later in the day, you can do another cycle.

Routine Two:

Same posture and breath normally.

Do 3 Extended Blow Ups within 1 minute.

Rest until you have reestablished normally breathing.

Do up to 10 cycles.

Equals 1 set.

*Like lifting, if you don't feel any muscle fatigue later in the day, you can do another cycle.

Routine Three:

Lay down on your back with legs raised (preferably with feet on the wall, creating a 90 degree angle with your legs). Chin parallel with the wall.

Do 3 - 5 Regular Blow Ups.

Rest for 30 seconds.

Do 1 or 2 Extended Blow Ups.

Rest for 30 seconds.

Do 3 - 5 Regular Blow Ups.

Rest 30 seconds.

Do 5 - 7 Airless Blow Ups.

Rest 1 minute.

Repeat 2 or 3 times.

Equals 1 set.

Routine Four:

Lay down or stand.

Do 10 Regular Blow Ups.

Rest for 1 minute.

Do 10 Regular Blow Ups.

Rest for 1 minute.

Do up to 15 Regular Blow Ups.

Equals 1 set.

The Hundred

Lie on your back, knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Keep your arms at your sides, palms down. Inhale and lift your head, neck, shoulders, and arms off the ground. Lift your knees and extend your feet so your legs are straight and at a 45-degree angle to the floor. Take five short breaths in and five short breaths out. While doing so, pump your arms, moving them in a controlled up and down manner. Do a cycle of 10 full breaths-each breath includes five inhales and five exhales.

Do 10 complete breaths: you will have completed 100 arm pumps.

The Payoff: Teaches controlled breathing, so that your inhales and exhales are balanced.

Bonus: Builds strong abdominals.

The Swan

Lie face down with your palms flat under your shoulders (as if you were going to do a pushup). Look down so your neck is in line with your spine. Inhale and slowly lift your head, neck, shoulders, and chest as you press your hands into the ground. Keep a slight bend in your elbows. As you exhale, slowly lower yourself back down, chest first, then shoulders, neck, chin, and head. To avoid discomfort in your back, concentrate on pulling your shoulders back to open up your chest.

10 times.

The Payoff: Opens up the chest and deepens your lung capacity to correct shallow breathing.

Standing Chest Expansion

Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, your knees slightly bent, and your arms at your sides. Inhale and sweep your arms out and up so that your biceps are near your ears and your palms are facing each other. Exhale and lower your arms back down to your sides.

Repeat four times, concentrating on breathing deep and opening your chest.

The Payoff: Stretches the intercostal muscles (between the ribs), relaxes the shoulders, engages the diaphragm and pelvic floor, and helps balance breathing between the left and right lungs.

Extras

The Stimulating Breath (also called the Bellows Breath)

It is adapted from a yoga breathing technique. Its aim is to raise energy and increase alertness.

* Do not do for more than 15 seconds on your first try. You can increase your time by five seconds if you don't feel light-headed 3 minutes after the exercise. Do not exceed 1 minute.

Breathe normally after each cycle. Your breaths in and out should be of equal duration. Inhale and exhale rapidly through your nose, keeping your mouth closed but relaxed. Try for three in-and-out breath cycles per second. This produces a quick movement of the diaphragm, suggesting a bellows. You should feel the effort at the back of the neck, the diaphragm, the chest and the abdomen. No more than 3 times per day to start.

Focusing

*helps with lifting, running, and recuperating.

Sit comfortably with your spine straight and chin parallel to the ground. Eyes closed and take a few deep breaths.

Then let the breath come naturally without trying to influence it. Ideally it will be quiet and slow, but depth and rhythm may vary.

Count as you exhale, up to 5 only. Do not speak it.

No rest between cycles.

Begin a new cycle, counting "one" on the next exhalation.

Never count higher than "five," and count exhales only. You will know your attention has wandered when you find yourself up to 8, 12 or even 19!

Work up to 10 minutes.

Chinese Breath Exercise

A very fine, short (though not shallow) breath exercise comes from the Chinese Tai Chi Chuan.

Three short inhales are done through the nose without exhaling. On the first inhale, the arms are lifted from the sides straight out in front at shoulder height. On the second, the arms are opened out straight to the sides while still at shoulder height. And on the third, the arms

are lifted straight over the head.

Then, on the exhale through the mouth, the arms are moved in an arc back down to the sides.

Do ten or twelve breaths.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Great post, I've copied it for further reference, thanks for sharing!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Okay, so the first three days have been both eventful and frustrating. But, I'm still here, so there!

Monday - 

Lungs - breathing exercises only today

3x10 balloon exercises. I'm a bit light-headed so I'm going to work up to 5x10 or split them up during the day - do 2x10 and then 3x10 later

1x10 breathing exercises (The Hundred arm pumps) These feel really good.

some walking and I did resist the urge to hike up a steep hill which would have taken about 15 minutes. I'm suppose to be recuperating on Mondays, damn it!

no singing today

Push Ups - no concentrated effort today, but not required either as it is my rest day

Sugar - no candy and no packages (chocolate milk and a chocolate cremee - not at the same time!)

House Projects - took a look at the rain gutter to see what I might need:

Sturdy stool

Work gloves

Tape measure

Two 1/4" socket wrenches, one for each side

Hand saw that will cut PVC (I have one for metal so I assume that will work)

Sand paper to smooth the rough edges of the cut

Strap to hold gutter in place while cutting and reassembling (can attach it to post and underside of porch roof

* looked for shower piping, but to no avail, yet.

Tuesday - 

Lungs - breathing exercises only today.

3x10 Balloons - not as bad as yesterday

1x10 Swans - not sure how it's helping yet - might need to do more or move on to another exercise, we'll see

2 Songs with a decent warm up - didn't set aside enough time (need more than 20 minutes!)

Push Ups - didn't do full workout plan (time was not on my side)

Squats - 30 air

Good Mornings - 10 with no weight

No Bench work

Lunges 3x5 (oww!) assisted

Leg lifts - only on Sundays with my strength interval run

Sit ups - only on Sundays with my strength interval run

Hip raise - 1x5 15 secs - shaky at the end but good

Planks - 1 at 10 seconds, 1 at 8 seconds, and 1 at 4 seconds

Push ups - 2x5 bench height, 1x3 knee!!!!!

Sugar - no candy and no packages

House projects - no activity

Wednesday - 

Lungs - 4x10 balloons

Breathing - 1x10 Chinese Breaths

Songs - 1 song with only a little warm up

Jogging/Walking - (forgot to use my app) approx. 2/3 mile - walked one of my dogs in the woods. She likes to trot which means I jog

Push Ups - 2x8 bench, 1x3 knee!

Sugar - no candy and no packages (one no-bake cookie from a local merchant and really bad 1% chocolate milk - yuk! Whole milk or go home)

House Projects - scrubbed 1/2 of the bathroom floor (need to move stuff to get to the rest)

So, the sugar blues have come and I'm struggling with the whole idea of giving it up. BUT I still want to. So, I reached out to someone who knows I'm working out and she just happens to be a former substance-abuse counselor - go figure! We talked a bit about: breathing, moving to a different room or get outdoors, carrying things like raisins to get a bit of sugar, looking out for the less obvious triggers and making plans for when they happen and NO judging my actions or reactions for some time to come.

Cheers,

Teri

:smiley_simmons:

The Way

Better Now than Later On

I hope you get some mileage out of it! Hehehe see what I did? I made a funny.

Jennifer-Lawrence-Thinks-Youre-Funny-Gif

Love the workouts! I bet your feeling sore

Oooo! I need some of this sugar addiction advice, I'm still struggling with my sweet tooth and so far the tooth is winning :neglected:

*Long thought.. bear with or bear not. Your choice!  :unconscious:

Sugar is as addictive as any drug (especially heroine) and we all know that very well. But it's rarely our body that wants it; rather it's our brain that has become accustom to it and has become very demanding if it feels like it won't get it! We end up arguing with ourselves in the grocery aisle, trying to look like we're choosing what cookies to buy. But the person next to you is also taking their time; we are all talking to ourselves.

One therapeutic process I use:

I sit (literally) with a sugar item (or a whole package of said item) after I've bought it of course. I ask the little ones inside of me if they really want this. I don't judge any answers I get and I don't refuse to eat the sugar if they do want it. It takes some time to hear back from them. I treat this time like meditation. I will often hear my brain spout first, but then if I'm patient a bit more, others will send me their desires. I don't let them fight each other [which we all know leads nowhere really quickly]. I use respect and love to help them trust me. These little ones have been through a lot helping me get through life. It takes practice, but I think it's one of the best ways to communicate with my higher self; through the pains of my emotions that are still stuck inside, unheard and unloved. I love talking to myself anyway so it's not a big stretch!

(These ideas and insights are a reference to the IFS therapy model [internal family systems] --

highly recommended for gamers as we understand how to assign personality attributes to a character that we play. Just now, we assign them to our emotions and beliefs in order to have a conversation with a 'separate entity.' It's the best kind of talking to yourself :semi-twins: )

So, if you feel like there is a struggle going on inside (at a particular time, not in a theoretical or philosophizing time), then stop running on auto and ask a few questions and assure yourself that it doesn't mean a harsh rule is going to get set. You just really want to know what everyone wants. Perhaps we can use the 'majority rules' in each situation. As their voices get louder and more sure of themselves, the less you're likely to buy and eat the sugar items that your brain has been crying for.

Who really knows how our brains work, but this approach has brought me great comfort over the last three years. It's one major reason I'm a Rebel now!

Good luck  to us all and many loving blessings for our journeys.  :love_heart:

Cheers,

Teri

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Today

So far no sugar! HA! It's 7:30 am and I just finished my run and the post above. So I'm not sure I've been tempted yet this morning.

So I did run/walk intervals. 

3 minute warm up

30 seconds run, 30 seconds walk, rinse and repeat. Then 2 minute cool down.

Distance: 1.21 miles

Time: 28:41 (includes some chatting with a friend at about half way through my workout)

Avg mph: 2.53

Cal 190

Fastest Speed: 6.12 mph

Pace of a 28 (and change) minute mile - my app updated and I'm not really please that the minute by minute speed graph is goneszo! (RunKeeper - otherwise a decent app)

So that's enough for me until this evening!

Cheers,

Teri

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Okay, I'm a bit unorganized this good morning. My main reason for running right now is Lung control and expansion. So, thoughts on today's training:

Belly breathing while running is hard for me to maintain. I know what I have to do, but keeping it going is the same as breaking old myths stuck in my head that I didn't even really know I had. Here are some things I thought about, and experimented with, this morning.

1. Look ahead while running, eyes down only when need be. A. I run in the woods so looking down with my whole head is hard to break, plus I have trifocals.

2. Shoulders back while running. B. OMG yes. If I can work on my blade pinch, I will rock this part of running. It keeps me upright and stable while I run.

3. Shoulder swing while running. C. I've been doing this and it's helped a bunch. My hips are reaching their full stride and my lift off is stronger.

4. Belly Breathing with 3-3 breath routine. D. I am liking it, but it's hard to remember consciously. When I walk in between my runs, I put my hand on my chest to make sure I'm not taking air in high in my chest cavity. The 3-3 is working well for me.

5. Core muscles are essential. E. Yes. Yes there are. Do I have them? Not really, no! So, need a big push here.

6. Let your legs do their thing. F. If I stay out of my legs' way, they know what they're doing. I did change my stride at one point today, while crossing a bridge, and my right leg took a hard landing, because I didn't judge the depth if the trail properly. SO, that is my job. But otherwise, they seem happy to be in charge.

Good water, meds, shower, typing a lot (as if you haven't noticed with the 8 notices you've gotten if you'e following me, sorry), and feeling better about exercising.

*** I was worried that if I didn't run everyday as I have been for the most part, that i would lose the habit.

But no, my habit is pretty established now and I need the rest time.

I did much better today than I have in a week or so.

Healed muscles what a concept!  :pride:  :highly_amused:  :topsy_turvy:

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Okay, I'm a bit unorganized this good morning. My main reason for running right now is Lung control and expansion. So, thoughts on today's training:

Belly breathing while running is hard for me to maintain. I know what I have to do, but keeping it going is the same as breaking old myths stuck in my head that I didn't even really know I had. Here are some things I thought about, and experimented with, this morning.

1. Look ahead while running, eyes down only when need be. A. I run in the woods so looking down with my whole head is hard to break, plus I have trifocals.

2. Shoulders back while running. B. OMG yes. If I can work on my blade pinch, I will rock this part of running. It keeps me upright and stable while I run.

3. Shoulder swing while running. C. I've been doing this and it's helped a bunch. My hips are reaching their full stride and my lift off is stronger.

4. Belly Breathing with 3-3 breath routine. D. I am liking it, but it's hard to remember consciously. When I walk in between my runs, I put my hand on my chest to make sure I'm not taking air in high in my chest cavity. The 3-3 is working well for me.

5. Core muscles are essential. E. Yes. Yes there are. Do I have them? Not really, no! So, need a big push here.

6. Let your legs do their thing. F. If I stay out of my legs' way, they know what they're doing. I did change my stride at one point today, while crossing a bridge, and my right leg took a hard landing, because I didn't judge the depth if the trail properly. SO, that is my job. But otherwise, they seem happy to be in charge.

Good water, meds, shower, typing a lot (as if you haven't noticed with the 8 notices you've gotten if you'e following me, sorry), and feeling better about exercising.

*** I was worried that if I didn't run everyday as I have been for the most part, that i would lose the habit.

But no, my habit is pretty established now and I need the rest time.

I did much better today than I have in a week or so.

Healed muscles what a concept!  :pride:  :highly_amused:  :topsy_turvy:

I love number 3 - I feel like my core muscles are my weakness (well, them and my arms!). I've been doing a lot of planks lately and they seem to help (though they suck!). Anywhoo, sounds like you had a fantastic run today!  :nevreness:

So, your saying when I talk to my selves that's actually a recognized form of therapy, and my roommate thought I was just weird. The breathing exercises look good, I'm going to have to try them.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

Hi Teri,

I started following you because I was interested in your breathing exercices, but I see you have so much more interesting things to offer.  Thank you, it is very generous of you to type all this.

I will totally try some or all of your breathing exercices.  I loved your post on sugar and this morning's tips are precious (the diamond kind of precious).

Thanks

Sysydo, Lady of the brook

September-October's no challenge Nerd Fitness New Sysydo

Big dreams come in little steps. Whenever you get overwhelmed with the big picture, sit down, take a deep breath and plan the next step. At times, it’s not a graceful step, sometimes it’s not a straight step, but it’ll get you foreward and over a tough hurdle one step at a time.†—Polly Letofsky

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines