Tinessael's second try on a full challenge.

So, hi y'all! This is, how the title already says, my second try to do a full challenge. I had to stop doing my part-challenge last time because I went on an internship in this small cute hospital with no internet access whatsoever. 

About me: I am 21 years old, weigh 138 pounds, am 5"1. I fear I am rather hobbitlikem but I like elves more. I've started seriously taking care of my health after my BMI reached the frightening 29,9 and I weighted 164 pounds.

I am in 3rd year in medical school, which I think is alone enough to classify me as a huge nerd. I am also a huge fan of Lord of the Rings. And Harry Potter. Star Wars and Marvel is okay as well, Star Trek too... but it's not my main area of focus, so to say. :) I like reading and writing and learning languages, but don't have any time now for that :(. But I speak 5 languages. or 4 and half so to say, because I can't actually say that I speak french. :) It is more like a slow and painful stammering. 

My goal weight ist actually 110 pounds. In November I reached the awesome 127 pounds, but since then I gained more than 10 pounds back due to my weakness of..what is food. I did good for a year, but then I started again getting more and more in temptation. And then there were christmas, then I got the flu, then I had finals'week, I had vacation and then I injured my food and had to use crutches for a month, and another vacation, and and and - all excuses. 6 of those pounds I gained last two weeks, so I hope that those fat cells are still a bit loose and I will lose them quickly. 

I log my food on loseit.com, and did Atkins/ Paleo for half a year with good results. I don't want to do Atkins again, because it is a bit too extreme, but i do want to cut out carbs again now and do more paleo. (Or primal? No idea what's the difference...) Anyway, cut out sugar and grains and eat less dairy. 

I feel that my motivation is waining, and I hope that nerdfitness will get be that little extra. 

Sports... I do everything, but for now I'd like to focus on the fitness mix classes (calisthenics-cardio-weightlifting mix) and jogging. I still can't jog the same way as before due to my poor feet, but I have started doing Couch-to-10K programm in order to get back where I was. 

So, my goals: 

1) Do three times per week sport and at least three hours. Extra point if I do 4 times/week and 5 hours. + 2 STR, +3 DEX, + 1 STA (Bonus + 1 CHA)

2) Do lowcarb paleo. Cut out all grains and sugar, eat a lot of veggies and protein and healthy fats and some fruit. + 3 CON

3) Log everything I eat and not go over my daily calories on loseit.com (They are about 1400 at the moment) + 3 CON

4) Life goal: Read through at least three 3 scientific articles for my research thesis and have a meeting with my professor. +1 WIS, + 1 CHA

My stats: 
Level 1
Strength: 1
Dexterity: 1
Constitution: 2
Stamina: 2
Wisdom: 5
Charisma: 4

Elven Adventurer - Level 1
STR: 1 | DEX: 1 | CON: 2 | STA:2 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 4

A Hobbit who wants to become an Elf - Scout - Level 3
STR: 2,75 | DEX: 4 | CON: 5,5 | STA: 2,5 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2,75
The journey of Tinessael 1

The journey of Tinessael 2

Tinessael's Challenge (ongoing)

So. 

I had the awesome 90 minutes of my hardcore intervall-cardio-calisthenics-yoga-kickboxing-weightlifting-stretching fitness class, burning awesome 650 calories (a bit more... I forgot to turn on my polar for like 15 minutes). So i'd say 680. 

I also thought I would post what I eat, because that way it will keep me accountable. I do log it, but I know that nobody ever looks at that. 

Breakfast (7 am):
2 fried eggs and 2 slices of organic bacon with 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil , 2 cups of green tea. (I am a huuuuge fan of green tea.)

Lunch (1 pm at Student cafeteria). I was really hungry so I made have made some bad choices:
Cauliflower soup, Pork chop suey with baked potato wedges (which I only later realized may not be really paleo and pretty high carb), cabbage salad (it felt as if it had pretty much oil with it). Diet Coke. (Also not paleo. But I do not feel myself able to give it up). Coffee. (Black! Woot!)

I never know how large are the portions at the cafeteria and what is exactly in the food. (It is healthy and organic yeah, but I never know if there is 1 teaspoon or 2 tablespoons of oil, or did they add sugar to the sauce... But oh well. I can't allow myself to get too OCD about the food)

Dinner (6 pm)
Banana, pear and 2 cups of watermelon. I got a stomach ache afterwards, no idea why. :( 1,5 l of water drunk during the day and the workout. 

Snack:
I had planned to drink a protein shake, but I still have my tummy ache after the workout, and it is already 11. So I think I will skip it. 
So: 1324 calories, 45 g of fat (oh, too little somehow :/ I've learned now that you should eat at least 60 g of fat because otherwise your body doesn't have enough of essential fatty acids). 175 g of carbs (too much! I actually would like to stay under 100g, but it is not my goal right now) and 65 g of protein. (it's enough!)

So I did realize that my paleo goal wasn't really clear, so I thiiiink I will focus on getting the grains and the sugary snacks out. But there are at least three big parties ahead. : / 

Hey, gamblingbear!

I speak Russian, Estonian, German and English pretty fluently ... and am trying to study French at the moment, but had to drop the class this semester because it is always at the same time with a very important class. :( But next semester I'll do it definitely!

So today: 

-90 minutes of another awesome class, with >600 calories burned. Favourite quote: the coach shouting "Don't just nod your head!" during the exercise for the back muscles where you lie on your stomach and raise your upper body. Tomorrow I will take a rest day... pretty sore. 

Food diary: 
Breakfast:
Two eggs with 2 slices of bacon and 1/2 tsp of coconut oil, 1 cup of green tea

Snack 1: Banana

Lunch: Pork chop (unfortunately breaded) with tomato sauce boiled carrots and peas and iceberg salad. One french fry from my boyfriend's plate.

Dinner: 2 cups of watermelon, pear, slice of cheese with 4 salami slices. Diet soda. 

Post-workout: Protein shake with lowfat milk. 2 cups of black tea. 

- I am very happy with my lunch choices - eating only vegetables to the meat. 
-I am not so happy with the salami, since it is processed. But somehow I didn't think of anything I could snack on at that moment. 

1500 calories, so netto good under the norm. 

Signing out! 

Estonian? that's pretty awesome. I speak English, German and French fluently and know just enough to get by (and probably in trouble) in a couple more. I will admit though that my grammar in French is atrocious. I learned the language growing up as a kid and when we moved back to the States I spoke it better than my French teachers so they never tried to correct me. I speak and read it really well, but ask me to write a letter or an official e-mail and it's all just um, oui,oui, uh...

Adventurer | Level 1 | Current Challenge

Yeah, it is the same as my Russian - I can speak and read it very well, but since I've never been schooled in it, my grammar is horrible and I can write only with difficulties, 

So. I haven't posted here, because on thursday my stomach ache turned out to be a stomach bug and I spent two days with explosive diarrhoea. So, I ate only those things that I could tolerate, and they were sweet tea with sugar, salt sticks... and chocolate...  even eggs made it worse. And then I also had two parties and there I can't resist eating chips. Yet. I am working on it. 

Anyway, 
Wednesday: 
Breakfast: The usual. 
Snack 1: Banana and a pear. 
Lunch: Pork (breaded, unfortunately) and carrots. 

Snack 2: Slice of cheese and 1 tbsp of peanut butter

--> Event with cookies. Ate three small of them. 
Dinner: Tomato and sweet peppers with olive oil. 

Thursday: 
Breakfast: the usual (ow)
Snack 1: apple (ow)
Lunch: Pork, breaded, boiled vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots), canned peaches. (horrible ow)
Dinner: Salt sticks and sugary tea :( 

Friday:
Breakfast: The usual.
Snack: Chocolate. (3 small pieces)
Lunch: Baked feta cheese with tomatoes and onions, alphabet soup to get the salt in.
Snack: Sports drink and salt sticks, again to get all the lost electrolytes in. 
Dinner: Steamed vegetables with olive oil and parmesan cheese, fruit salad. 

Saturday: 
Feeling better! Went for my Run 3 of week 1 of Zero to 10 K and am very satisfied to see that I am getting faster. After that did some bodyweight exercises with those cool apps that count for you how many you do. They count pushups only when you touch the phone with your nose - and it is so hard! had to start with light pushups on my knees. 
Breakfast: Three fried eggs
Lunch: Salad( iceberg salad, tomatoes, sweet peppers), steak (still pork), I actually usually don't eat so much red meat as this week and prefer chicken/ turkey. But oh well. Banana, yogurt dressing. 
Dinner: Party. So a lot of chips and some salt sticks.  But we did a lot of kinect, it was huge fun and awesome sport. I am almost tempted to count it as exercise. 

Today I already started with chocolate. :nonchalance: But at least, having a package of my favourite chocolates lying around in my apartment - I succesfully had it last for at least 5 days. So that is a small victory for me. 

So, summary of week 1: 

Goal 1: I did three times sports, altogether it was about 4 hours. So that's 100%. and 50% of bonus goal. 

Goal 2: Yeaah, I did eat a package of chocolate during the week, some gummy bears, and some chips and salt sticks and sugar in my tea.  And on one day I didn't eat enough vegetables. But otherwise, I succesfully gave up the grains, I ate a lot of fruit und vegetables. I'd say 50% and a C. 
Goal 3: Awesome! Every day I was in minus for the daily calories! A!
Goal 4: It will be all-or-nothing goal, but I did read one article already. I also should contaxt my prof before 24th of June, because that will be the deadline for choosing courses for the next semester.

Today's food: 
Breakfast: 3 fried eggs with coconut oil
Snack 1: Banana
Lunch (in the cafeteria): Chicken breast with mushroom gravy, boiled vegetables (peas, corn, green beans and bell peppers), carrot salad. 
Snack 2: Grapefruit, slice of cheese, a carrot and tbsp of peanutbutter
Dinner: Cauliflower with butter. 
Postworkout: protein shake, two sausages with cheese. 

95 minutes workout and 530 calories burned. 

Nice work this week! Reading your goal intro, we have even more in common than I realized! Yay Harry Potter! I'd like to think of myself as being 60% Ravenclaw, 30% Gryffindor, 10% Slytherin. I watched too much James Bond and Pinky and the Brain as a child, hence the Slytherin. I have often contemplated taking over the world. I even have a contract from middle school with a couple of friends on how we'd divy up the world, if we were successful in our plans. I've said too much...

What's your research thesis on?? I am an MD/PhD so I'm a research geek like yourself!

Physician-Scientist Adventurer on her way to becoming a Scout/Druid hybrid - Level 1

STR - 1 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 1 WIS - 5 CHA - 5

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Leveling Up: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29387-sruthis-first-attempt-leveling-up/

Intro: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29045-total-newb-joining-the-rebellion-despite-my-crazy-hours/

Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29056-80-hour-work-week-aint-stoppin-me/

Accountibilibuddies Team: SoundTrekkers http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30812-soundtrekkers-unite/

Hey! 

Yeah, I think I'm like 50-50 Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. (Gryffindor is cool, but I think I'm really more Hufflepuff.) But I also love James Bond - have watched all the movies and am slowly making my way through the books (which are much better than the films, if you ask me)

I'm slowly reading myself into my topic, it will be fluid clearance in hypoxia on rats. Just 6 exams and I can start!

So... yesterday was not a good day for me. My bf had his birthday. So there were gummybears and pizza and muffins and I just lost my mind. I didn't count how much pizza I ate, and how many gummy bears, but I think a lot. I think I had 8 small slices, that would be 4 big slices, so... around 1200 calories. of them 800 over my daily norm. :/  It also didn't help that my day was lecture --> learning in the library --> skills lab --> short break (where I managed to go jogging!) --> another skills lab. I also didn't eat any vegetables except for iceberg salad. 

I really need to work on self-control and resist the temptation of food. But I always feel so sad when I can't eat something I really want. 

But today was a pretty good eating day (with two exceptions):

Breakfast: three fried eggs
Lunch: Fish nuggets (5 pieces), small steak, tomatos, cucumbers and cabbage. Strawberries as desert. 
Snack: 1/2 of a small muffin and ice-cream coffee. Hm. and 4 chips.
Dinner: A salad (iceberg salad, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives) with shrimps.

I had 1500 calories, of them I burned later 500 in awesome circuit training! And now I'm pretty dead. 

So. 

Breakfast: The usual three fried eggs.
Lunch: I am now still ALWAYS in the dilemma between two choices in the cafeteria:
1) one vegetarian and one meat main dish, where I almost always take the meat and really poor choice of veggies and salad. The meat is usually breaded, fried and with a sauce. And for salad there's just iceberg salad and with some luck some cabbage/ broccoli/ carrots. But it never costs more than 3 euros.
2) Buffet: Wide choice of different meat, often organic, lots of different salads with more healthy sauces (cucumbers with kidney beans/ radishes/ tomatoes/ cucumbers... beef, chicken, fish) and fruit. But it costs me around 5 euros. :( And it is expensive for me. I don't know what to do here. 
Snack: Fruit salad and DAMN YOU gummybears. Resisted ice-cream after an exam where I hoped to get a better grade. 

Dinner: Amazing salad from iceberg salad, tomatoes and bell pepeers with almond tofu. And an apple. 

Unfortunately about 100 calories too much (because of the gummy bears). Advice on how to give up sweets? I am thinking even on focusing my protein and veggies and calorie-control and leave out the sweets, because I realize that the goal is too big for me. 

I also tried on some dresses I got for christmas - and I have definitely gained weight since then. :( 

Ooo hypoxia! Cool stuff. Good luck on getting through the exams.

Regarding your bf's bday - live and learn! I make those types of mistakes all the time! But all we can do is learn that we need to get better self-control. For myself, I hope that being disciplined on regular days will allow me to have more willpower on special days and will also make it ok to indulge a bit every once in a while. I'm all about moderation. I never want to say no pizza, cake etc.

Hope this week is going well!

Physician-Scientist Adventurer on her way to becoming a Scout/Druid hybrid - Level 1

STR - 1 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 1 WIS - 5 CHA - 5

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Leveling Up: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29387-sruthis-first-attempt-leveling-up/

Intro: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29045-total-newb-joining-the-rebellion-despite-my-crazy-hours/

Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29056-80-hour-work-week-aint-stoppin-me/

Accountibilibuddies Team: SoundTrekkers http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30812-soundtrekkers-unite/

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines