Making Faces!

So there is much discussion about make up on challenges and even here and several people have expressed interest in seeing different make ups so .... here's a place to post pictures off different looks you see or tried. I'm going to do my best to take better pictures- as well as list what I used.

I've never done this other than quick pictures to share with friends so I make no promises.

so today. super fast mostly because I wanted to show this orange to a friend today.

synthetic primer ( today I used the hard candy one)

Mac paint primer for lids

I totally skipped my BB cream. which I almost never do at this point.

Orange from coastal scents 252 color palette

Naked Ulta brand ( it's a white bone color )

Brown from loreals HiP line

Brown from NYX tri-color pod

Mac black track fluid liner

maybelline mega plush mascara

cover girl volumnizing mascara

disclaimer... was not driving, just sitting waiting for my teacher at my dance studio, yes these are camera tray facing shots so I hope they look okay. otherwise I'm just going to be scaring people lol

20130602_090357_zps87cf30a6.jpg

20130602_090412_zps32ef8fd8.jpg

and because you can't take life to seriously :-)

20130602_090333_zpscf39acdb.jpg

Lol I will. just need to do them. this was literally what I did this morning. I'm going to go back through d

some if my albums because I have some good pictures. just need to actually do it lol

big fan of pin up inspired make up

IMAG0625_zps4ac2a499.jpgIMAG0962-1_zps9a084e16.jpg

dolly make up. yes it's supposed to be a little creepy

IMAG0778_zpseb15bcb7.jpg

Eye primer. I have some shadow from clinique that just won't stay put so i got the primer. and i could see the primer through the shadow. but i'm not sure if that was the fault of the primer or the shadow.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I've probably spent closer to 100$ on eye primers.

but just buy the good shit. buy mac or urban decay or smashbox, bobbi brown, nars, two faced. right now I'm using Mac. and pretty happy with it.

also I have learned its better to pat the shadow rather than brush it on. blending you will want to use sweeping motions but for the main colors pat them on, you get a better color pay off and less splotching!

sometimes you should just spend the money on the good stuff instead if trying out EVERY SINGLE cheap product there is.

make up is expensive... I probably have pushing four digits worth of make up at this point lol.

this is one of those things... don't cheap out, its not worth it- learn from my mistake lol

nyx- paint pot ,to thin, no sticking powet

the tube-super liquidy totally rubbish

cover girl- po totally useless

Sally Hansen (I think)- totally useless

mac paint stuff is a color/ primer - best I have...

ordered another one but it's a newer one and a designated primer... can't wait to try it

generic brand I can't remember

concealet doup for primer ( actually works okay but not all day)

I was afraid I was going to have to upgrade my make-up to do some of the things I wanted to do. *sigh*

But yay I-Jo is posting her secrets!

Lvl. 3 Gnome

STR - 4.25/DEX - 2.5/STA - 6.25/CON - 5.5/WIS - 9/CHA - 7.25

Tumblr

Current Challenge / Challenge 2 / Challenge 1

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

you don't need to upgrade everything you're definitely do certain things and you can get away with a cheaper brand or even drugstore quality makeup.

but some things you really just can't cut corners. Lol

you don't need to upgrade everything you're definitely do certain things and you can get away with a cheaper brand or even drugstore quality makeup.

but some things you really just can't cut corners. Lol

Yeah, I was more thinking that I'd have to get an ACTUAL eye primer if I want to do anything other than put shadow on the lids and watch it slowly crease as my work day goes on. The eye shadow itself is still going to be drugstore.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

Ooo, I really like the orange. I need to start embracing more warmer tones outside of browns and bronzes.

I'm 110% obsessed with it. It's actually my boyfriend's favorite right now.  I don't know why- he doesn't like me in a lot of make up and I"m like dude- that's a SHHHHHIT load of make up. LOL

oh well- he's happy. so whatever.  I got obsessed with it after watching Drop Dead Diva (I think) that and pink- and purple- I'm warming up to them- i usually go browns- or black/gray.   

I've also been really obsessed with gradations- which is why I don't have that tri color > thing that every make up manual teaches- it's a thing- id o DO it- I just haven't been.    I went out of my zone today and am wearing OD green- it's like camoflauge-but not.  I mostly like it- it's more subtle than I thought

Yeah, I was more thinking that I'd have to get an ACTUAL eye primer if I want to do anything other than put shadow on the lids and watch it slowly crease as my work day goes on. The eye shadow itself is still going to be drugstore.

yeah- that's a good splurge- go ahead and do it.  

I wear a lot of drug store brands- or anything I can find on sale.... ULTA brand stuff goes on sale- buy one get one free all the time- I've been using those for the last 6 months religiously- 2 colors for 7$ is a steal.  

I'm IN LOVE with my coastal scents pallete- it's 252 colors- and the pay out is great.  Although I have 2 MAC oranges coming my way SO EXCITED!!!!  It's 25$ not on sale- shipping is a bit steep- but I got glitter- and some brushes plus the colors- so it was worth the shipping. 

So do you put shadow and liner underneath your eye? Because I love what you just posted, but would have no idea the steps it takes to create it.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

I do a small swipe underneath yes- using a thin brush and not going ape shit with it is hard- it's taken me a long time (not sure why) to get this down so it doesn't look "racooney"

Bottom:

Water line ONLY with the synthetic angle brush and mac fluid track-

Super close to the bottom lash line I dust the dark color on the outer corner- and the light color on the inside corner. (the dark stuff is close enough to pretty much stab yourself in the eye with the brush- you want that shit FLUSH- use a flat brush- can take pictures later of what I use)

Top lid/waterline

Blacktrack- water line inside- and outside lash line- I almost ALWAYS wing- just depends on how big.  wing/liner is second to last step. 

helpful?

• Like 1

yeah- that flat space between your lashes and your actual eye ball. 

it takes some adjusting and practice- it's not recommended- do so at your own risk.

or you can just shove a pencil and close your eye and swype back and forth (which is EXACTLY how I applied mine while I was driving on the way down to SSS- if you want a reference for how THAT look was achieved)

check out angel baby- how to get your man back make up- she shows that technique.  It's actually not that hard- and it DOES get the job done (also- do so at your own risk- and do so gently)