Making Faces!

It's not individually :)  Care packages with habanero pulp hot sauce and a few eyeliners!

Just don't confuse the too. ;) 'Ow, my eyes!'

Question about hair.

HOW do you decide what to do with it? I want a complete change. My stylist is always wary about trying something new in case I hate it, and I understand her concern, but damn it I don't know what will suit my face type or any of that crap and I could just shave the whole damn lot off...

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I just do whatever I want... if I don't like it I can change it by shaving it.... it grows back

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

There are websites that let you upload a photo and try tons of hair styles on it. it never really fits right, but it can give you an idea or a clue about what you like and what looks good with your face!  Here's one I found on google: http://www.marieclaire.com/hair-beauty/trends/virtual-hairstyle-makeovers

I've been contemplating getting a Jennifer Lawrence type of hair style. But I've never had my hair that short. And it was already a huuuuge step for me cutting off my hair a few weeks ago from reaching navel to just touching on my shoulders. And Jennifer Lawrence would be another foot or so of hair. I might just try the website when I've got time to take a pic and upload it after work. :D

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

Really? I've found pretty much every hairdresser wary. I say suggest something crazy and they go, oh let's layer it a bit and then it ends up the same anyway. I got so bored with them that I started cutting my own hair and then I could play around a lot more.

That really, really annoyed me when I last went to the hair dresser. I gave her free reign to cut off my super long hair. I said I wanted a bob cut or something like that but nope - she gave me the same hair cut that she had. I HATE THAT. I don't want to look like my hair dresser. But then the shy little duckling in me shuts it and just lets her cut it whatever way she wants it. Gotta work on that before I try a pixie cut or something like that!

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

Hair.  I buzzed my head this summer in a fit of madness.  Now it just looks terrible all the time.

I really wish I had a stylist I was comfortable talking to.  Being out online is one thing.

It's still another to sit my gargantuan form and short hair in front of a stylist and say I want a hairstyle that helps me look and feel more feminine, but I can style in a way that I can hide at work.

I miss my ponytail... (7 years gone)

Yeah, I've always had the issue of wary stylists because my hair grows fast and I'll let it grow a LOT before I go for my next cut.  Then I'm like, "chop it all off", and they're like, "Are you sure?".  Always managed to get them to do it in the end, but usually not the style I wanted.  I finally found a stylist that will do whatever I say, especially if I bring a picture of what I want.  Plus, he's super nice and conversational.  I think you kinda got to shop around.

Hair.  I buzzed my head this summer in a fit of madness.  Now it just looks terrible all the time.

I really wish I had a stylist I was comfortable talking to.  Being out online is one thing.

It's still another to sit my gargantuan form and short hair in front of a stylist and say I want a hairstyle that helps me look and feel more feminine, but I can style in a way that I can hide at work.

I miss my ponytail... (7 years gone)

Have you considered like a pixie cut?  Keep it sleek and smooth on the sides and style the bangs for when you want a feminine look, but sort of tousle the whole thing so it's tidy but doesn't look you spent too much time with it for work?  Maybe this google search can help:  https://www.google.com/...  Of course, your hair would probably have to grow back a bit, lol. :)  Oh, and find a tolerant hair stylist, of course.  I live in an area where this is pretty easy (good ol' Mass!), but it might be pretty difficult depending on where you live.  I don't have any kind of experience that I could give you any better advice than that, but I guess keep your eyes open and check out communities in your area that could give you better advice.  And when you do find someone, build up your courage, berserker it, and get it done.  Easier said than done, but totally worth it in the end!

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 - DEX 2.25 - STA 4.5 - CON 5.5 - WIS 6 - CHA 6

Introduction

Previous Battle Log     Current Battle Log

First Challenge     Previous Challenge     Current Challenge

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

What do we say to the god of failure?  NOT TODAY.

you need a good stylist- one you can trust.

it's one thing to say DO THIS CUT ON ME NAO.... and actually get it.

And it's another to bring some pictures in and say; they I love these looks- let's make it work for me.  I wind up with really interesting hair cuts because I'm bored and I say I like this- let's try it. So it isn't the SAME cut because the same cut might not work for me... but it's the spirit of the cut and it works.

I've walked in and said "feel free to take some artistic licence"  most people roll with a different side part- I got a half shaved head once. :D

full of win.

I'm no expert, but you might try shaping them a little on the underside?

And my stylist is awesome, I think I might throw some concepts her way. My current color is actually something she came up with on the fly and we've just run with it because it worked well. I think I'm just due for a drastic change. It took me a long damn time to grow it out this long, but I'm sort of bored of it? I just worry going for something shorter (my husband is thinking a pixie cut when I'm just below my shoulders right now) is going to drive me nuts after I've been able to tuck it behind my ears for so long. XD

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I got a perm about 6 months ago - it was great fun! But, pretty damaging for my hair, so you have to keep that in mind. It started to get unmanageable by about month # 5, so I got it straight permed, and it's all sleek and gorgeous (if a little flat) now.

Once, a few years ago, I went to a REALLY cheap hairdresser in NZ, and was like "Meh, don't know... just trim it, I guess". The hairdresser was like "Can I try a Victoria Beckham type bob on you?". I was so surprised at her asking! I told her to go crazy! She did a beautiful job, it was an excellent cut, and I was really happy that she took the initiative. I've never seen it before or since.

I have a dream to try a pixie cut one of these days... next summer maybe?

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

I have curly hair. End of story.

But seriously, curly hair is really hard to find someone to cut it well. And my hair is the type that doesn't necessarily hold the curl over time (and ponytails), but when it's wet, it's ringlets. So that throws a lot of people off guard. But I've had everything from super short, shoulder length, long (middle of back). I actually recently got that whole "ombre" look and it was terrible. I thought that because my hair is curly, it would hide the dye and look more natural but it was awful. He left the bleach on too long so it was a super drastic transition. I waited a few months, and then I recently took a leap of faith and asked a girl to do dark chocolate brown all over. Best. Decision. Ever. When I was waiting at the salon, I saw her walk by and thought to myself "I hope she's the one" because her hair was an awesome red color, she had cool style, and generally looked professional. Anyway, hair is hard but have some cojones and remember, it will grow back!!

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Amen to the "hair will go back or you can dye it" ideas.

I used to have quite long hair but I cut it. Then kept cutting it. Now I'm letting it grow again. Right now it's currently dark brown, yellow, pink, purple, blue, green, and orange. Not even kidding. And everyone loves it.

Tsundere
Level 1 Adventurer/Ranger, pseudo-ninja and Sailor Scout Rebel
STR: +0 || DEX: +0 || STA: +0 || CON: +0 || WIS: +0 || CHA: +0

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Sailor Tsundere's Battle Logs

Tsundere Tsunami - Personal Blog

Amen to the "hair will go back or you can dye it" ideas.

I used to have quite long hair but I cut it. Then kept cutting it. Now I'm letting it grow again. Right now it's currently dark brown, yellow, pink, purple, blue, green, and orange. Not even kidding. And everyone loves it.

Boo, I work in a semi-conservative office in a super conservative industry (like almost comically conservative), so I can't do the unnatural colors. I never got that out of my system from my teens...

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Just don't confuse the too. ;) 'Ow, my eyes!'

Question about hair.

HOW do you decide what to do with it? I want a complete change. My stylist is always wary about trying something new in case I hate it, and I understand her concern, but damn it I don't know what will suit my face type or any of that crap and I could just shave the whole damn lot off...

If your stylist is wary of trying new things then she doesn't trust in her ability to cut something that is interesting and flatters your facial structure.

• Like 1

Texas Mom of Boys, Druid Chick

all this talk about hair :)

1483061_10201445523314908_1596725693_n.j

I got most of mine chopped off today

1486844_10201445525194955_1008027015_n.j

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move