Making Faces!

Definitely YAY on primer!

I have some e.l.f. (super cheap) that works ok. I tried out a friend's Urban Decay Primer Potion and I WANT. 

Jo - I really like tarte. I got some Amazonian clay blah blah blah box from them a couple years ago. LOVE the eyeliner, mascara, and the cheek stain. When I was at Ulta recently though I didn't see anything that looked like the stuff that came in the box. I'll have to research.

Also sometime when I'm not lazy, I'll have to post pics of me in RED LIPSTICK. For the first time evah.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I don't do eyeshadow with out some sort of primer or base.

I've tried a few- right now I'm kind of stuck on the mabelline tattoo pots- they are like MAC paint pots- they work better than any of the eye lid primers I've ever used.

Mariah- how did you like the UDPP?  I saw it was on sale- the travel size I think for 10 bucks. I was seriously tempted but I passed. 

Definitely like it but its honestly the only primer I've ever used. But when I have used it for like the office xmas party, it holds the makeup in place and I don't get creases at all. i bought the travel size too when I was in line at Ulta.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I bought a sample bottle of the Urban Decay potion stuff from Ulta (I think it was mentioned somewhere here in an earlier post). I tend to have oily skin and oily eyelids, so I use it for sure when I'm doing eyeshadow. In fact, because I'm also very fair skinny my eyelids tend to look kind of pink-purplish and that annoys me. So today I put the eyelid primer on and no shadow or anything just to take some of that purple hue out of my lids.

I don't do eyeshadow with out some sort of primer or base.

I've tried a few- right now I'm kind of stuck on the mabelline tattoo pots- they are like MAC paint pots- they work better than any of the eye lid primers I've ever used.

Mariah- how did you like the UDPP?  I saw it was on sale- the travel size I think for 10 bucks. I was seriously tempted but I passed. 

Definitely YAY on primer!

I have some e.l.f. (super cheap) that works ok. I tried out a friend's Urban Decay Primer Potion and I WANT. 

Jo - I really like tarte. I got some Amazonian clay blah blah blah box from them a couple years ago. LOVE the eyeliner, mascara, and the cheek stain. When I was at Ulta recently though I didn't see anything that looked like the stuff that came in the box. I'll have to research.

Also sometime when I'm not lazy, I'll have to post pics of me in RED LIPSTICK. For the first time evah.

Thank you muchly!

I know it's been awhile since anyone has been in this thread, but looking for recommendations for makeup shopping in Australia.  The best I can think of is Myer, but I've always been a little wary of the pressure at department stores......  Been enjoying looking through some of the techniques, even though my job doesn't really allow me to wear makeup.

Also, wondering what people use for a cleansing routine? I have pretty decent skin to begin with, so looking for some more natural ways to cleanse.  Thanks all!

Level 4 Amazon Warrior
STR: 16 | DEX: 5.75 | STA: 9.5 | CON: 9.25 | WIS: 7.5 | CHA: 7.5

FITOCRACY

The best activities for your health are pumping and humping. - Arnold

Quoth the raven "One rep more" - Edgar Allan Bro

there are a couple of European brands you might have more access to than American Brands- but none of them are coming to me- I'll hunt through some blogs- I know there are women there who do make up- there are a few tutorials. 

I use baby wipes most of the time- or Jaboba oil- or olive oil.  mostly baby wipes but when it's a LOT of make of I use cotton ball and oil. 

Hey ladies! I found this thread the other day and was pretty excited. I love make-up!

post-27087-0-26334000-1394201590_thumb.j

I use bare minerals pretty religiously. I find that I don't need their primer, I just use a very thin layer of BB cream (garnier) underneath and it gives a great smooth finish. Instead of using blush, I use their bronzer underneath my cheekbones, around my hairline, and a little on either side of my chin to achieve a good highlighting/contouring effect. Makes my cheeks a little less round.

post-27087-0-30561500-1394201591_thumb.j

For eyes today I used Maybelline's Photo Ready Metropolitan palette. I don't usually like maybelline, but it's a great color combination. The dark brown also makes a great liner, and I used a wet liner brush to get it more precise.

post-27087-0-06573700-1394201617_thumb.j

As for the hair (my favorite part!!), I just bought a T3 Singlepass Whirl Curling Wand a few weeks ago ($140 at Ulta). It was beyond worth it, and it took all of ten minutes to curl my enormous amount of hair, and it stays all day. With it, I use Fekkai hair spray.

Have a great Friday ladies :)

• Like 1

"I am the hero of this story. I don't need to be saved."

Level 2 Half Wood Elf | Current Challenge  #1 l  Progress Album

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

aw so adorable!! what a great look!!!

I agree on Maybelline- totally hit or miss- I'm mostly addicted to their cream color tattoo shadows- I use them for a base- and it's ahamazing. (I just bought two more actually- should take pictures- it's a silver based smokey eye)

Surprised you like the BB cream- I hated theirs- my favorite was Maybelline's- I really want to try their FIT ME blend stick things- they look awesome- just can't force myself to spend since I have 3 types of foundation I dont' use daily as it is (Studio Scuplt Mac, Revlon Color Stay Whipped forumla, Rimmel Matte foundation- wierd- smells off but kind of a good product in a weird way- I love matte products)

Lipstick of choice?  fab color!!!

Shout out to http://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/ and http://www.reddit.com/r/MakeupAddiction/

I can't see most of the photos on this thread and no videos. Blocked at work...but reddit works! So I've been doing a LOT of reading and I can't wait to get back to the states and try some of this stuff out!

I've already changed my skincare routine based on the beginner's skincare guide and it has helped a lot! I didn't know my skin could look so good, and it's only been a couple weeks, so I can't wait to see how much better it gets once I tweak a few more things. For the first time in a long time, shark week did not produce a break out!

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

aw so adorable!! what a great look!!!

I agree on Maybelline- totally hit or miss- I'm mostly addicted to their cream color tattoo shadows- I use them for a base- and it's ahamazing. (I just bought two more actually- should take pictures- it's a silver based smokey eye)

Surprised you like the BB cream- I hated theirs- my favorite was Maybelline's- I really want to try their FIT ME blend stick things- they look awesome- just can't force myself to spend since I have 3 types of foundation I dont' use daily as it is (Studio Scuplt Mac, Revlon Color Stay Whipped forumla, Rimmel Matte foundation- wierd- smells off but kind of a good product in a weird way- I love matte products)

Lipstick of choice?  fab color!!!

I found it! It's Covergirl's temptress...it's my staple pink color :)

• Like 1

Thanks :) I think they reformulated their lipsticks, because in the past I haven't liked them. I wore this one and a few other CG shades while I was waitressing, and they stayed pretty well. I really liked Revlon's 16 hour lip stain the most (for bright red), but I could never find a bright pink stain that I liked. 

I have a maybelline I like for pink- I don't wear much pink- mostly reds and wines. lots of those.  NYX has some great colors- staying power is medicore at best- but for like 4-5 bucks its' kind of hard not to try the colors out!!!

The last CG I got is called Burnt Umber or something- it's a rosey color with gold- It reminded me of a beautiful frost i had from Lancome in HS (someone gave it to me) and it just- sigh. it was such an amazing color- I wanted the CG to replicate it- but it was a pale comparison- pretty color but not the same. Lancome has a great forumla!

I just want to take this opportunity to tell everyone: hey. Long time no post pictures of my face.

Also, Ulta has their 21 days of beauty coming up on March 16 and it's a great time to buy stuff that you don't feel like paying full price on. Which is pretty much everything for me. Will especially be eyeballing the butter london polishes and Mario Badescu products. http://www.ulta.com/21days/

Work has basically made me so tired that I don't have the energy to do anything but some eyeliner and lipstick except for special occasions. I love my job, I'm just tired all the time.

• Like 2

I just got it- haven't flipped through it.

I've been dying to try out Maybelline's fit me foundation sticks... I got the liquid foundation instead (oh because it was a fucking dollar cheaper- and since I didn't buy it at Target like I planned- and I got it at fricken CVS it was already 9 instead of 5. WTF)  and have been trying to use my stipling and buffing brush's more. It's working- but barely- I don't like the stipling brush from MAC.  it just - meh- I think it makes the foundation sit on top of my skin rather than work into. More practice I suppose.

need to flip throught here and see what's what and what I can get away with purchasing ;) 

Also got two silver maybelline color tattoo's- the cream pots- I absolutely adore those as eye base's. BEST.THING.EVER.  no joke. I'm 1/2 of the way through barely branded!!! 

I got some Maybelline BB cream, and thus far my only experience with BB cream had been a BX brand that was too dark for my skin tone...anyway, I put it on before leaving the showers and when I got back to my room I sat down in front of the mirror to finish putting make-up on and had a total Fonzie moment. No other make-up applied! Although, in hindsight, I probably should have tossed on some powder or finishing spray...

http://i.imgur.com/RYb64.gif

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Upon further inspection, the BX brand was CG and only had 21SPF compared to Maybelline's 30

Spoiler