Making Faces!

fThat was the first I every used- Maybelline- loved it- switched to Garnier and hated it- I think I tried one more and didn't like it either.

Not sure- I started drifting toward actual foundations- hard to stop wearing them when you are so used to seeing almost perfect skin all the time.

How dare I look human and not even and pore-y. 

A few times now I've done foundation over BB and it really evens out my skin tone, which I'm not used to seeing. It's nice. I think my concealer needs an upgrade, because even applying with a clean finger leaves streaks. Like it's too dry or thick or something. I was tempted by the Garnier because it was cheaper, but the consistency wasn't as nice as Maybelline, and it was I think 20spf.

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I-Jo you look gorgeous! I'm so jealous of all you girls and your make up skills, eyeliner and mascara is as far as I go. Anything more and I think I look like a clown, lol!

I need to go watch some of those YouTube vids...

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I-Jo you look gorgeous! I'm so jealous of all you girls and your make up skills, eyeliner and mascara is as far as I go. Anything more and I think I look like a clown, lol!

I need to go watch some of those YouTube vids...

aw thanks.

This- in retrospect- was WAY to heavy for work- I tried a new contour technique and it really worked well- but it was too much for work.  Which made me a little self conscious all day- oh well.   It also held up really well for my workout- other than making me not want to rub sweat on my face LOL.

Oh well.

practice- really it's just practice and willing to get in there buy some products to try and do the thing when you have the time. Trying to do something you aren't used to doing before running out to work is impossible.

You have to sit down and practice on like a Friday night when you have no where to go- and some wine to drink- or sunday afternoon. 

So I got more liquid foundation- but realized I didn't want to use it for base contouring- i'm going to return it and buy the FIT ME stick- for this- I just dont' think the liquid is going to be a good option.  I'll have to go to Target- Wal-Mart didn't have the shades I wanted.

I did get some BB cream- which I'm happy with- I did a nice pink/orange eye shadow today- Think it was nice for the first day of spring :D  Also good after such heavy make up yesterday to have a light look today.  

anyway- practice practice practice!!!  

I watched a tutorial I think that said to use a shade darker of powder for contouring...did we talk about this already? I can't remember...either way, I got CG trublend minerals for it and it seems to be just the right shade. I tried some contouring today, but not having the right brushes or not enough brushes really puts a damper on my efforts. They don't sell brushes on base, and I didn't see any at the store the last time I was off base (which was my last off base trip before I leave)

Ooooh weeeellll....it'll just have to wait until I get to England. I hope I'll be able to find some brushes there.

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I did a full face "cooked" type contour last night for funsies. It came out okay- took about 45 minutes really.  I picked up NYX Showgirl (LURV) a bright ass yellow and then taupe (for contouring- they said it worked well for some people)

Also grabbed Matte Make Up Fix (worked pretty well)

And I got a new stippling brush to try with the new foundation technique.

I used 115/330 from Maybelline FIT ME for contour and blended it out with the stipling brush. 

Was really happy with the feel of it once I got it blended in- I did powder on top AGAIN- used a little powder contour- and then pressed powder for sealing.   I just did it for practice so I can't confirm wear- but I was really happy with the results. 

I did use the 330 this morning in moderation for a day work look in conjunction with my BB cream- and some heavy handed blending. Seems to be a good technique to get a really solid contour without the heavy powder on top.  Will try to post some pictures up at some point!

So- I'm posting this under faith you all won't mock my bathroom lighting and awful premake up face!!!

Putting stuff on my face- because I'm a sloppopotomus!

20140320_210528_zpsaf6dc25d.jpg

So I blended stuff first- then used this as a touch up for more blending

20140320_210728_zps08ea2c55.jpg

Hint- don't look straight at your camera- it makes you look creepy as fuck

20140320_210845_zps03e28d77.jpg

All blended out- added some high lighter and some blush after this!

20140320_212705_zpse95d776c.jpg

20140320_212709_zps6740653a.jpg

Better- NOT yellow lighting ;)

20140320_213054_zpsf1520b1b.jpg

20140320_213208_zps8b8c7032.jpg

Totally in love with this color showgirl- it's kind of a pink/orange bronze- shimmery and just SUPER FAB!   <<<Swoon!!!>>>

20140320_213211_zps989908b9.jpg

Jo I think I love you

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I just picked up some CG Smoothers (it says Aqua behind it all big, not sure where it falls in the name of the product) to hopefully fix my skin for the rest of this deployment. Since I started using Stridex (red) my skin has gotten dry and flaky (and acne-free), which I still think is better than oily, because I can fix dry and flaky...I can't make my face stop producing oil. There's no SPF in it, so I might still use the BB cream for a little protection, but who knows how they'll react together.

• Like 1

Spoiler

GULP!!!

Made an appointment for my face for the second week of April- interested to see what they have to say! I'm going to be so nervous!!

I have some spolotchess that gets really obvious with the application of make up- so I"m not sure- also have a long standing THING- that really bothers me- figure it's time to have it looked at!!!  

Interested to see what they say about face care given I wear a lot of make up!

I will NOT let this thread die!!

Ladies, I just bought a ton of fancy makeup. Thankfully, some of it came at a pretty heavy discount. HSN was running a special on the full-sized Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and a full-sized Shadow Insurance for $29 with a code for first-time customers. Together, they retail for $69.

But really, the eyeshadows smell like chocolate and I feel like a total weirdo for opening the palette just to smell it. They smell. Like. Chocolate. Fancy makeup is worth it because they think of everything. And I just swatched the whole thing on my arm and I'm trying not to get eyeshadow all over my clothes. The struggle is real.

My co-worker/friend's birthday is Friday, so I'm going to try and do something ~*fancy*~ for that, will try to post some pictures! Let's keep inspiring each other, guise.

• Like 2

Alright, so taking Goss's advice I played around a little bit today. I still have no idea what to do with eye makeup, so this is all a work in progress. CCW!

By a window:

kTdmRPV.jpg?1

o8SJdMv.jpg?1

tRHjHM2.jpg?1

In the bathroom (covering a red spot on my neck):

99YyKHn.jpg?1

Washed out, but we made the same face!:

F1y5xKA.jpg?1

Thwomps need love too:

9RdyhQa.jpg?1

Makeup List:

Face-

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

CG Aqua Smoothers in 710 Classic Ivory

CG Professional Loose Powder in 105 Translucent Fair

CG Outlast Stay Fabulous 3in1 in 805 Ivory

NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in 722A Translucent Highlighter Glow for contour

Some no-name blush

Some no-name white eyeshadow for highlight

e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set

Eyes-

Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair dark spot corrector

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in Fair

e.l.f. Eyelid Primer in 7501 Sheer

CG eye enhancers 220 "urban basics" lightest shade as base

Some no-name eyeshadow for the rest in shades of green

e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner in Coffee

CG Clump Crusher in Black Brown

Brows-

Almay eyeliner in 207 Brown, which I just discovered has a sharpener on the other end

CG Professional clear mascara

Lips-

e.l.f. Therapeutic Conditioning Balm in Vanilla Créme

Some no-name lipstick in a light plum colour (?)

• Like 2

Spoiler

well I'll be switched!!!

I'm so going to have to try that. I'm not entirely conviced.

I don't feel like my foundation slides around that much when I powder with a kabuki- and I have seen oodles of drag queens do it- so yeah-I'll have to give it a shot- I do have a performance tomorrow so I can try too.

NYX is coming out with their MACARON line of lipsticks- I was crushed ULTA didn't have them- I want to order- but shipping takes forever- and I'm lazy and trying to be on a budget.

Got new lipstick- peach melon- and a funky shadow to use as a cheek highligher today- Happy- i like make up- make up makes me happy.

Also FYI folks- Maybelline' expanded their cream color tattoo line- included a charcoal/asphalt- and nudes- I got a pomegratatish one and a black- SO incredibly happy with them - love using them as a base for my other make up.

Also NYX ShowGirl.

HOLY BALLS- so happy.  Makes me squeeee. I love it. 

:D

Googling "how to properly apply powder" brought up a few articles using the "press it in" method. It worked out great for me today, so I will definitely be trying it more in the future. His "apply powder before foundation" method didn't seem to make a difference for me, but then, primer/tinted bb cream doesn't seem to do anything for my many-coloured face either. My skin is weird and defiant.

Spoiler