Finding the Trail: Hiraedd Tracks

Hiraedd

My x-ray is clear!!  Just heard from my doctor today, so that's a big relief.

And yes, we were actually physically tied together at the store.  We laughed like crazy -- it was so much fun.  I think we brightened a few other people's day as well, but mostly we made an amazing memory for the two of us. :)

As for an update....

Track  Food [9:0]

(first number is days tracked calories and macros, second number is days tracked micronutrients.)

Track Exercise - tracked my exercise from challenge 3.  It was interesting to wander back through the halls of that challenge and see how much it changed me.  Also made me miss doing pushups.  Will rectify that next challenge, I think. :)

Track Spending - [1.5]

(number of weeks completed)

Pose [3/3]

(days completed out of days able)

So still going great.  Really, I'm just in such a better headspace than I have been since....maybe elementary school?  I don't know.  It's been a long time (maybe never) since I've felt so at home in my own body.  Other ladies at work were talking about how much they didn't like themselves and here's me at just over 300 pounds thinking how much I love my body and how proud I am of what it can do.  Strangeness, but good strange.

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Track  Food [10:0]

Track Exercise - currently tracking from challenge 5.

Track Spending - [1.5]

Pose [4/4]  Even got another milisecond out of my crow pose.  Also, don't try it on uneven ground O.o

Just for larks, out on the playground today I tried a few bodyweight rows on a chest-height bar, and I managed 2 in pull-up and 2 in chin-up hand position without much difficulty!  Will have to try that again :)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Yay for rows!

I use the Smith machine for that

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Good for you for sticking with the program and not overdoing. Sounds like your lung injury needs some rigorous following of doctor's orders. Not worth long term harm.

So glad to hear you and your daughter are having fun! What band instrument does she play?

I'd suggest you track your exercise in a looseleaf binder, and start each challenge on a new page. That way you can start tracking this challenge now, and then add earlier pages as needed when you get access to the archived records. There's always a way to do everything just as you want it, IMO.

Hope this challenge goes well for you! Thanks for all the support you give to me and to so many others. It's REALLY appreciated! Hugs!

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

Yay!  Fantastic to hear that the x-ray came back clear.  Finally the news you wanted :)

And it's marvellous that you're in a good place with your head - if the inner self is happy then I'm sure the outer self will eventually match!  Why shouldn't you be proud of yourself - you've put constant effort for months (or maybe close to a year?) into improving your health and your body!  Go you!! :)

And brilliant on the body weight row pull-ups!

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

So still going great.  Really, I'm just in such a better headspace than I have been since....maybe elementary school?  I don't know.  It's been a long time (maybe never) since I've felt so at home in my own body.  Other ladies at work were talking about how much they didn't like themselves and here's me at just over 300 pounds thinking how much I love my body and how proud I am of what it can do.  Strangeness, but good strange.

I just love this! Congrats to you for working so hard to get to THIS.

Goddess Scout Level 5

STR: 11 | DEX: 3 | CON: 13 | STA: 8 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 10

All it takes for evil to triumph in this world is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

"Make yourself happy without hurting others, then help others to be happy without hurting yourself.

The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. ~Bertrand Russell

Previous Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Talia's Quest to run the TC Marathon v2.0

Run Tracking

Track  Food [13:0]

Track Exercise - completed tracking previous exercise.  Tracked exercise to current day.

Track Spending - [1.5]

Pose [4/5]  (days completed out of days able)

Could have physically done it yesterday but was mentally exhausted, so I skipped it.  I probably would have felt better had I just done it.  Bodyweight exercises always make me feel strong and capeable.

Had a rough day at work yesterday, and am counting down the days to the end of the school year.  Then had half an hour off between that and a wrap up event that went until after midnight last night.  Woke up this morning with a bit of a cough and sore throat so it will be back to bed early for me tonight.

Is it weird that I'm already starting to plan next challenge's goals?  I usually don't start on them until week 4, but I've got the bug early this time.  Obviously my current ones just aren't engaging enough....:)  or maybe it's because bodyweight rows might be just as addictive as pushups.

@Pallas: she plays the trumpet

@kev & Tal : yeah, the headspace is great. :)  I've been at this for 10 months so far.  Can't wait to see what the next 10 months bring!!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Indeed, the last 10 months have wrought some huge changes in my world...like actually liking myself, and being able to stand up to my ex when he's being a jerk to our daughter.  And yes, keeping going is a big part of that.  A huge part, actually.

Even though this challenge with it's lack of large leaps of improvement is going to drive me crazy....

Track  Food [14:0]

Track Exercise - Caught up.  Am tracking in a notebook....and now on Rising Heroes!  I am super excited to help beta test the next part of NerdFitness, and now I have a place to track.

Track Spending - [1.5]

Pose [5/6] 

And that's two weeks.  Feeling pretty confident as I walk into week 3, although there are definitely a few areas (spending and nutrition) that I need to spend a little extra effort on.  Onwards and upwards!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Again, i cannot believe i have not subbed your thread yet - crazy busy here!!  I'm subbed now and i totally loved the idea of you and your daughter shopping like that.  SOOOOO much fun!  What a cool mum you are!! And a sweet memory for you both to cherish.  Also glad the pneumonia is clearing up - yay!!

Ok so i'm gonna leave you to kick some more ass :)  Hugs xxx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Indeed, the last 10 months have wrought some huge changes in my world...like actually liking myself, and being able to stand up to my ex when he's being a jerk to our daughter.  And yes, keeping going is a big part of that.  A huge part, actually.

This makes me so happy to read.  We can all tell you must be a wonderful person so I am glad to hear you actually do like yourself now!  :)  And nothing beats standing up for important things even when it's super-difficult!

I'm also planning my next challenge, am super-excited about that one actually :)

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Yay you!

I am proud of you.

Keep up the good work, dear!

love & peace,

Heidi

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

just came to sayuvyju2a9.jpg

that's all

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Aww, thanks Jenn!

Aaaand, the end of week 3 looks like this so far:

Track  Food [17:0]

Track Exercise - Caught up.  

Track Spending - [2]

Pose [5/7] 

Had a minor construction accident so will be waiting until next week (week 5) to try crow again, but should be able to do the other poses this week.  Need to get down to business on the food and nutrition tracking, though.  Probably this week as my munchkin is gone and work will be wrapping up for the summer. (I CANNOT WAIT!!!!)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Nice Mid-challenge Report!

You continue to be an inspiration to me.

Remember to pamper yourself a bit - you deserve it.

love & peace,

Heidi

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

So far this week....

Track  Food [23:1]

Track Exercise - Current.

Track Spending - [2.5]

Pose [7/9] 

Life is so good!  Work is done for the summer, and I celebrated by sleeping in, making a huge breakfast, and going for a walk with my grandparents (who have just moved back here!!).  I also did laundry (my arch nemesis), whipper-snipped my grandparent's walkway, and bought paint for the entryway before having coffee with a friend; a busy but soothingly productive day.  Tomorrow I'll be helping my grandparents move boxes into their new house and get settled, meeting a friend for lunch, and then bringing home a frog to pet-sit for the summer.

I've been looking at the nutrients, and it's very complicated to do them well, so for now I'm going to focus on them in the "priority order" my dietitian listed them for me in.  I know Calcium is good, so I'll move on to the next one (vitamin D -- which I get from supplements, but I'm curious how much I'm getting from my food).  And then so on. (Folic Acid, B6, B12, Iron)

My bruises have subsided, so I was able to do crow pose again today (hooray!).  Also, my superman and hollow body are at 35s a piece, so I'm very happy with that.

I'm still itching to do more, but I guess I'll have to be content with incidental life exercise until next challenge.  After all, I've been healthy for 4 weeks in a row; I'd really hate to jinx it.

Hope you're all doing amazingly well.  I know I am!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

And "amazingly well" pretty much sums it up! I am so happy for you, Hiraedd! As your sig says, you're on a journey, and just since I've started following your progress, it's been remarkable all the way. You've come a huge distance in a short amount of time, by many people's standards. Brava!

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

You're doing great, Hiraedd. Good on you for learning when to scale back and look after your health. It's great to see you well for a whole month (touch wood). You really are making fantastic progress :)

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

I know what you mean about itching to do more - I miss the bike! But we are both right to wait. Hang in there and keep being awesome!

Big hugs and love to you for being such a great inspiration for me. Even when it was all falling apart, I told myself "Hiraedd would just ask for one little baby step." So I thought you should know that you make a difference to me.

love & peace,

Heidi

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines