Aeryn's Where Do I Go From Here Challenge

Aeryn

Thanks! The whole thing was about 10 minutes, the towel hangs went from about 20 sec to about 5. (I wasn't really timing, just playing around.)

Haha, I am almost nowhere with front levers - I'm currently lowering through the front lever position (with my knees tucked) from an inverted tuck, and even that is really hard! I will have to video the current status sometime - maybe next week!

Yes!  Towel hangs are great for grip strength when you can't make it in for climbing.  Of course, climbing is always the better way to go when you can get in for a session  ;)

It'll be really interesting to me to watch your progress, since it seems like we're at about the same point with a lot of the exercises.  I can kind of hold a tucked front lever and pass through it while doing skin the cat, but the hold is really hard.  I'm at about 7 seconds for a freestanding handstand, and I'm at about the same point with the L-sit and push-up stuff.  I hope you bust through any of your plateaus, so I'll feel more confident that I can bust through mine. 

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

The Chaossassins are already losing steam and too lazy to finish their idle threats.

This. Sounds like a challenge to me... Are you SURE you wanna start this Wolvie?? 

Have you checked out your page lately?

Ha he thinks he can stop us with skittles.... (mmmm skittles) 

We've only begun to fight...

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

It told me I quoted too many people, so this a blanket THANKS! for all the "good workout" and "nice trip" comments. :)

We got your back!  *flexes*

Have a fun trip!

Yeah, you show those Chaossins. :)

Too late.  We've assumed command.  We are your overlords.  Yield to the inevitable.  Burn the spreadsheet.  Yadda yadda yadda...

Hehe, suuuure.

Yes!  Towel hangs are great for grip strength when you can't make it in for climbing.  Of course, climbing is always the better way to go when you can get in for a session  ;)

It'll be really interesting to me to watch your progress, since it seems like we're at about the same point with a lot of the exercises.  I can kind of hold a tucked front lever and pass through it while doing skin the cat, but the hold is really hard.  I'm at about 7 seconds for a freestanding handstand, and I'm at about the same point with the L-sit and push-up stuff.  I hope you bust through any of your plateaus, so I'll feel more confident that I can bust through mine. 

Yeah, climbing will happen again soon - maybe even this Thursday! The gym's been closed for summer, but now that summer school is starting up, they've announced a couple of sessions a week. Not as convenient as their school year hours, but I think I can make it work.

Ooh, that's cool - I hadn't realized we were paralleling so closely - I'll have to watch what you're doing and see what works, too!

I didn't know chainsaws were that involved for juggling. That broke the magic a little bit ;)

Oops. Sorry - I forgot that explaining the trick makes it not as cool anymore. Ah well.

The Chaossassins are already losing steam and too lazy to finish their idle threats.

Hehe.

Huh? Say what? Yawn. ZZZzzzz.......

Wow, they're napping on my thread. This is what happens when I go away for a couple days?

Have you checked out your page lately?

Bwahaha, that is amazing and hilarious.

This. Sounds like a challenge to me... Are you SURE you wanna start this Wolvie?? 

Ha he thinks he can stop us with skittles.... (mmmm skittles) 

We've only begun to fight...

Mmmm, skittles. And I believe Croman started it....

Hope you had a great trip :D

I did! Lots of fun with 3 little boys (well, not so little anymore - 7, 10, and 13) and their dad, including a trip to Sea World. Dolphins are ridiculously cool. I'm wiped out, though - could've happily slept in this morning, but instead I woke up and did my workout:

L-sit: 35/30/35

Pull-up: 1/1/eyes over bar/eyes below bar

Assisted pull-up: 4/4/4

Diamond push-up: 5/5/4

standard push-up: 7/7/8

Bodyweight row, rings, feet elevated: 8(2)/8(2)/8(2)

Deep step-up: 8/8/8

Lunges: 20/20/20

Time to go read threads all day...

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Yay for fun!  More so that you got to Sea World and then got up and did your work out.  That is brutal!  Nice work!

Thanks! It was definitely fun.

Great workout and awesome you had a great trip! :D

Thanks! I always love visiting the nephews - they're such cool kids.

Welcome back! Glad you had a great trip! And good job at working out after Sea World. I totally would've gone with sleeping in...

Thanks! Yeah, waking up this morning was rough. But I'll sleep well tonight...

Ooh, Sea World! Did you get to ride a dolphin?! That's on my epic quest, though I'm pretty sure it's frowned upon. :(

Haha, no dolphin rides for me. Rode a couple roller coasters - always love those. And got to see all sorts of cool dolphin/whale tricks, plus seals, otters, a walrus, and penguins. It was very fun!

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Yay for nephews! sounds like they are the perfect ages for fun stuff!

I have two :) 8 and 4 I love it when I get to visit them.

Also way to get back into things! :)

such a good example to us all

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Lunchtime swim today falls into the category of "when you're feeling crappy and really want to skip a workout, that's exactly when you need to go work out anyway." Left the office feeling miserable, frustrated, and stuck. Got back to the office feeling strong, competent, and willing to face the problems that I'd spent the morning feeling horrible about. Endorphins are good, y'all. The problems are still problems, but they seem much less insurmountable now.

Oh how I feel you! I'm seeing my nieces and nephew tomorrow, first time since February, they are such awesome kids, can't wait! :D

Yay for time with cool kids - hope it goes well!

Yay, welcome back!

-jj

Thanks!

And she's back... with an awesome workout and everything!

Thanks! Now I need to try the leg thread thingy I saw in your thread - see how uncoordinated I am!

Glad you had a good trip, impressed you managed to get a workout in straight away :D

Thanks! Since I skipped a workout while I was gone, I definitely had to get back into the routine immediately. Too easy to skip more than one, and then it's three months later and you've stopped entirely.

Yay for nephews! sounds like they are the perfect ages for fun stuff!

I have two :) 8 and 4 I love it when I get to visit them.

Also way to get back into things! :)

such a good example to us all

They are definitely good ages, though I've actually really enjoyed them at every age so far - 3-year-olds are probably the most frustrating for me, but they still have their good moments. I'm just grateful that so far the 13-year-old hasn't decided he's too cool for me yet. :)

Glad you had a good trip and then jumped right back in with a workout first thing...awesome.

No rest for the weary - gotta get those pull-ups consistent!

Level 13 Elven Assassin

Every time I walk by my pull up bar I want to hold myself at the top of the chin up because I can and it made me think of you last challenge. :D Lol

It told me I quoted too many people, so this a blanket THANKS! for all the "good workout" and "nice trip" comments. :)

I did! Lots of fun with 3 little boys (well, not so little anymore - 7, 10, and 13) and their dad, including a trip to Sea World. Dolphins are ridiculously cool. I'm wiped out, though - could've happily slept in this morning, but instead I woke up and did my workout:

I frequently get the "too many emoticons" message but never gotten the quoted too many people one. Lol

Nephews are awesome. I'm so glad my roommate lets me "share" his since I'm an only child. Also makes me want to go to SeaWorld. I haven't been in FOREVER!

Endorphins are good, y'all.

Probably one of my favorite Aeryn quotes!!

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

Lunchtime swim today falls into the category of "when you're feeling crappy and really want to skip a workout, that's exactly when you need to go work out anyway." Left the office feeling miserable, frustrated, and stuck. Got back to the office feeling strong, competent, and willing to face the problems that I'd spent the morning feeling horrible about. Endorphins are good, y'all. The problems are still problems, but they seem much less insurmountable now.

Yay for time with cool kids - hope it goes well!

There is so much truth in this!!! Well done on kicking yourself in the butt and actually going for the swim :D

How did the rest of the day go after that?

And it went really well, it was super short though, only about an hour because they had to go to a dance recital but it was a good hour :)

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Every time I walk by my pull up bar I want to hold myself at the top of the chin up because I can and it made me think of you last challenge. :D Lol

I frequently get the "too many emoticons" message but never gotten the quoted too many people one. Lol

Nephews are awesome. I'm so glad my roommate lets me "share" his since I'm an only child. Also makes me want to go to SeaWorld. I haven't been in FOREVER!

Probably one of my favorite Aeryn quotes!!

Yay for flexed arm hangs! They're hard, but good - you should totally do them in my honor. :) Actually, I should start doing them again - they got ignored once I started doing real pull-ups, but they're worthwhile on their own.

Quoting too many people appears to be what happens if you leave your thread for four days and then try to respond to everyone individually!

There is so much truth in this!!! Well done on kicking yourself in the butt and actually going for the swim :D

How did the rest of the day go after that?

And it went really well, it was super short though, only about an hour because they had to go to a dance recital but it was a good hour :)

Thanks! The rest of the day went really well! Did handstand work when I got home - it's been a while, so the first few kick-ups were pretty unstable, but I got the feel back after that, did 4 20-sec minimum wall handstands, with probably a 6-sec balance as my best freestanding moment. Also made sweet potato fries with dinner, which are always really good.

Glad the time with the kids went well - and sometimes short bursts are better than extended visits - keeps 'em interested.

Level 13 Elven Assassin

I saw my two nieces (4 &5) Tuesday evening for about two hours.  I am awesome for two hours!  So I know all about the short bursts!  I get to be all fun and entertaining and loved on!  Although I do enjoy longer stays and visits, the short bursts are the easiest.

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Man, Myth, Legendary Hero

Ogre Level 5 .....do Ogres have any class?

www.mydatewithnatalieportman.com

Love much, this will all be over in a minute :love_heart:

Thanks! The rest of the day went really well! Did handstand work when I got home - it's been a while, so the first few kick-ups were pretty unstable, but I got the feel back after that, did 4 20-sec minimum wall handstands, with probably a 6-sec balance as my best freestanding moment. Also made sweet potato fries with dinner, which are always really good.

Glad the time with the kids went well - and sometimes short bursts are better than extended visits - keeps 'em interested.

That's brilliant!! So happy you had such an amazing day! :D

We used to visit for minimum two full weeks at a time due to the fact that we lived so far away so it's really strange to only have seen them for 1hr. It's the first time it's ever happened, it was weird for both the kids and us!

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines