UnderOfficer shyly waves "hello"

Hi!

I have been looking for some direction to my fitness and weightloss for a long time and this is the perfect time! I will be doing the Race 4 Life at the end of this month which raises money for cancer research.  I did it initially in 2008 weighing 3 stone heavier and since then have walked many Welsh mountains, lifted lots of weights, procrastinated every day and lacked proper direction. I also became an adult instructor with the Army Cadet Force and run my own detachment.

So - deep breath - my own challenges are as follows:

1. Run Race 4 Life at the end of June!

Following a training programme of running 3 x a week and a 5K park run on Saturdays WITH  gym weight training twice a week.

2. Meet 10,000 steps minimum with Fitbit every day.

3. Not eat after 8pm

4. Beat the dust and cobwebs out of every single room, nook and cranny by the end of the 6 weeks.

Now I recognise I am totally new so all help will be gratefully received!

My house is not disgustingly dirty but does need a good clean and massive-declutter!

About me: married/2 dogs/work full time/run a cadet detachment and do cadet stuff up to 20 hours a week. That last part needs to be reduced and will be but not quite ready to challenge that as it's all hands on deck ready for annual camp in August.

Thank you for reading!

Thank you! I love my fitbit!

So to goals:

"Run" twice so far this week

1 lot of weight training 

Steps so far: mon 10,036 Tues 14,103

I did eat after 8pm yesterday but that was unavoidable

Am I logging this correctly?

Dust bunnies............well the garden is looking good. Wales isn't really known for its sunshine so I thought I would make the most of it.

Enjoy the rest of your week

x

Wales, eh? Greetings from East of the border. Your goals sound pretty solid. Have fun meeting them!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Greetings east of the border!

Update:

Steps:  Wed:11161 Thurs: 7897 :nightmare: was very very tired yesterday with sore knees so decided on a rest day

After 8pm eating: Wed - no! Thurs - No! :nevreness:

Training: another lot of weight training

Run: scheduled for tomorrow, my park run/jostle

Beat dust bunnies: about to start. wish me luck

x

Congrats on a great start Underofficer.   :victorious:  :applause:

Looks like I've got company with running cramps.  That sucks. Stretching your calves helps and in my case, I should have gone earlier to a physical therapist maybe a thing to consider for you?

Sysydo, Lady of the brook

September-October's no challenge Nerd Fitness New Sysydo

Big dreams come in little steps. Whenever you get overwhelmed with the big picture, sit down, take a deep breath and plan the next step. At times, it’s not a graceful step, sometimes it’s not a straight step, but it’ll get you foreward and over a tough hurdle one step at a time.†—Polly Letofsky

Hello everyone!

Legs are still a bit of a problem but I'll get there! I used to get side stitches, they are very painful aren't they!

To the challenge:

Monday - dreadful in every way. Felt very low, which led to chocolate, had an evening meeting, which led to eating said chocolate after 8pm, steps under 7000, dust bunnies rampant, no fitness at any sort of level. So I will put that down to tiredness and poor planning.

Tuesday - got over my 10,000 steps, ate.......................well bit better! But as I had cadets ate very late, gave the dust bunnies an eviction notice.

Today - already well over 10,000 steps, logged everything I ate and squeezed it in before 8pm, walked dogs and did a slow jog (honestly a snail overtook me at one point).  Got paperwork to do and then those dust bunnies can look out tomorrow!

So looking at my challenge I need to squeeze in 2 more runs (hmm) 2 weight sessions (going with a friend so that will help) and continue not eating after 8pm.

Fingers crossed!

Impressive not eating after 8! My mom and I are habitual tv snackers, and we like to watch our shows at night, so that's when we go over our calorie limits. :(

I don't know what to suggest to that as I very rarely sit down long enough to watch tv. Um perhaps change some of the snacks to raw veg? Would that help?

Hey sounds like you're getting into a rhythm with your goals.

Curious:: Are the dust bunnies winning more often than you? I tend to attack corners and then let momentum take its course. I only assign half a room at a time. I also have a broom for the ceilings and walls. Hope that gives you ideas.

Keep running!

Cheers,

Teri

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

I've been poorly with some kind of stupid bug.............ended up doing far too much over the weekend and more or less collapsed Monday. However I am much better now, got my appetitie back and have just spent a lovely 2 hours mowing my front lawn, tidying up the hedge, quick natter with my neighbour and am eating white rice (which I love) with some veg, a handful of a mixture of seeds nuts and fruit. with a dash of sweet chilli sauce. Nom!

Hey UnderOfficer, How are you doing this week?  Is the bug gone for good?

Big dreams come in little steps. Whenever you get overwhelmed with the big picture, sit down, take a deep breath and plan the next step. At times, it’s not a graceful step, sometimes it’s not a straight step, but it’ll get you foreward and over a tough hurdle one step at a time.†—Polly Letofsky

Hiya! Yes the bug has all gone thank you. Feeling much better, my problem is I never know when to rest so perhaps that can be the next challenge!

Talking of challenges:

Running - did my park run yesterday, still very slow but I overlapped everyone still in bed. How long does it take for me to get better at this?

Steps - not so good challenge wise:

Thursday: 10,036

Fri:9360 but good gym session

Sat: 19153!

Today was a gentle gym session.

Race for life is next Sunday............................. :nightmare:

Dust bunnies - I am slowly winning

Eating after 8pm - could do better

Thats it for now!

Steps - not so good challenge wise:

Thursday: 10,036

Fri:9360 but good gym session

Sat: 19153!

Why do you say that?  Isn't your goal 10 000 steps?  Looks pretty good to me!  Have a great day  :tennis:

Injured! I have done some damage to my achilles tendons and could hardly walk at the beginning of the week, am booked in to see the Physio on Tuesday. Probably the running............No running and NO long walks for a while (had a massive sulk at that) but as it's my race for Life tomorrow, I shall walk it. My group has raised a lot of money so even if I have to crawl round, thats what I'll do.

Other goals - 10K steps a day - no due to enforced rest.

Eating after 8 - erm no, due to massive sulk!

Dust bunnies - well I am winning that one!

Have a good day all!

I hope your race for life goes well. My wife and daughter are doing one in Richmond tomorrow too.

Have you tried any stretches or rolling on your tendons?

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I've tried RICE/stretching/deep heat/freeze spray/pilates/more stretching/rolling/balancing on steps.........................I think the "crunch" a couple of weeks kind of did it!

The physio will probably use ultra sound.

Just spent an hour sat on the patio pulling weeds out..............surprising what you can do when you aren't supposed to move much!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines