Losing Machines

Super excited I made the cut! Not gonna lie I was pretty bummed when I saw it was full once I figured out the sheet. Pretty good first day eating, and went back to the gym for the first time in a week. I'm working on a modified paleo diet (allow some dairy and some rice) and while I got a little good harted teasing at work for the uber healthy salad part of my meal I'm feeling really good about hitting it hard! Exercise wise I'm starting the Rebel Fitness Guide and today was the first time I did Activity A in Rookie.

Food wise the final count was 1981 cal imput.

Of that:

46% Carb

39% Fat

15% Protein

Current Challenge | Food/Exercise Log

Level 3 - Hobbit Scout

STR:6.5 | DEX:3 | STA:5 | CON:8.5 | WIS:11 | CHA:3.5

Day 1:

1. Beat the Bovine (Dairy Free): 1/42

2. Embrace my Race (30 min in the pool daily): 1/42

3. Work fit for a Princess (get a job, apply for 3 per week, for weeks 1 & 2, then 7 per week for weeks 3-6): 1/3 ( for week 1)

4. Quiet the Inner Storm (20+ minutes of yoga daily): 1/42

So, I did yoga, uneventful, but good :)

The pool was an adventure...I have NO clue how many meters the length is, but they have a rope tied across the width at the 5 ft depth, so I can't swim the length anyway, so I did a ghettofabulous guesstimate using my arm, and guessed that one lap of the width is about 25m. Sooo I found some beginner swimming drills online and day 1 was 4 x 25, so I did that....which in hindsight was not difficult at all, so tomorrow I'm going to move up to whatever day is 2x that, and start there. I have NO idea what I'm doing with this in terms of what's most beneficial, and I know some of you are masters at this stuff, so if I should change things, please help me with it! Thanks <3

Then I did 25 minutes of water aerobics type stuff.

After some discussion, I probably grossly underestimated the meters for the pool, but my ex is bringing a surveying measuring tape from work tomorrow so we can really measure it well.

I applied for a position at Target, and emailed an admissions counselor for Grad school, to go back and get my MSW.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Great first day, BeKah!

Question about your challenge...if you get a job in the first week, do you automatically get an 'A'?

yes. I had the same goal last challenge, and waited on a potential job, rather than applying continuously while I waited, so this time, I'm making the consistent application submissions part of the goal, but if I apply as stated, and don't get a job until day 42, then I get an A as well, but even if I am consistent with applying as stated and do not get a job, I will still get an A, because I did all I can, but I can't force people to hire me.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Ok, so I pretty sure I did that, thanks guys.

So today was a grueling day of running and exercising, but I made it. Stuck with Paleo and no cheating! That's a plus. Tomorrow is going to be rough, I am so soar already.

I should mention that I would like to lose 60 lbs, it's going to be a lot of hard work, but I can't wait to reap the rewards.

So with that, LET'S GO TEAM!!!!

I always wake up at 5 am, but my goal is to be out the door for morning chores by 7 instead of 9 like I am currently. PM me!

No cheating today, but no exercising that's for tomorrow.

Hey morning you guys are real early riser. Let's go for goal today best of luck. Does anyone have any links to paleo recipes. The ones I follow have a lot of eggs for breakfast and I really want to mix it up a bit. Today I plan on start jogging that 3.5k savannah , send out some resumes and eat 100% paleo.

I like Stupid Easy Paleo, as the name suggests the recipes are quick and easy and the ingredients can be found anywhere. I would post the link but I'm using my phone to type this right now.

BTW Morning!

So I ended up working an extra three hours yesterday and not getting time for my walk or my workout. I tried to do some casual lifting of 8 2-liters of soda as I restocked the coolers, but I'm not going to count that as exercise. 

Here's hoping for a better day with less than 6 hours sleep?

Level 1 Ogre Adventurer 

(Dreaming of being a Troll Ranger)

My Challenge Post

If you're looking for recipes, here's one that I made Sunday.  It's the best Paleo recipe I've made so far:

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/11/17/velvety-butternut-squash/

It lasted all of two days between my g/f and I, and we just snacked on it...didn't eat it with a meal.

I would recommend (if you don't like spicy) to halve the amount of cayenne in the Ras el Hanout.  This casserole tastes like a savory sweet potato casserole only better.  It's delicious.  You could probably even add a 1/4-1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce if you wanted to make it a dessert, though you'd probably have to add another egg to keep it all bound together.

Highly recommended.

So excited to see all the conversation on here already -- and here's to having great first days!  Bekah, I cannot even begin to tell you how proud of you I am for the progress you've made already and the determination you're showing.  Krashenbern, that's brutal!  Sorry you couldn't get your workout in yesterday -- hopefully there's enough flexibility in your goals so that you can work it in another day and not be penalized (if not it's time to make some!).  And Arimaboy, I eat eggs every morning for breakfast, so I'm afraid I'm not much help :P

I haven't had a chance to check out all your threads individually yet (although I will, I promise) but I did get them all linked.  If you go to the first post of this thread the list of our names now is linked to each person's individual challenge thread.  So now we have no excuses for not visiting each other!

See you soon :D

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Caved a bit today: had fries at lunch, but they weren't awesome. Won't do that again. BBW to do before it gets too late. Going to bake some eggs to have on hand for quick to-go protein and maybe bake some coconut for when the sweets cravings hit. 

Scale check this morning for the start of the challenge: 285.2 lbs... No goal number in mind, other than lower, but fitting into the jeans and capris I bought a little snug would be nice. 

Level 2 Kitsune Adventurer

STR: 6 / DEX:  2 / STA: 4.5 / CON:  7.75 / WIS: 6 / CHA: 2.5

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Mini-Challenges Complete: MC#1,#2 +.5 CHA&WIS, +1 CON

Inventory: Fire Flower Power Up

Current Challenge

Arimaboy, if you can get almonds at the cinema, you already have a better choice than the ones here. I cannot buy anything at the concession stand. If you want to mix it up a bit, sneak your own stuff in. Baked coconut (recipe to share if you want it), veggies, fruit, other nuts. 

The popcorn can be hard to resist though.

Level 2 Kitsune Adventurer

STR: 6 / DEX:  2 / STA: 4.5 / CON:  7.75 / WIS: 6 / CHA: 2.5

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Mini-Challenges Complete: MC#1,#2 +.5 CHA&WIS, +1 CON

Inventory: Fire Flower Power Up

Current Challenge

I took trail mix with dark chocolate powerberries, banana, carrot sticks with hummus, and popcorn with only coconut oil. It's so awesome being a girl, we can get away with carrying a big bag ;)

Yesterday, went well. Almost ate a marshmallow. My youngest had one in his hand and fell a sleep, my reaction was to get it out of his hand and just throw into my mouth. I caught myself just in time. Kiddos to me!

Today haven't exercised, hoping to do this after kids go to bed. I am going to challenge my husband who is also doing this, he is a ranger.

Wish me luck.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines