Losing Machines

The only spaghetti squash I can get are the big ones, and I'm the only one who will eat it. In the end it goes bad and I've wasted money, I think I'll try that kelp noodles. Do they taste different than regular noodles? And do you have to cook them a certain way to?

You can freeze spaghetti squash after you cook it.  I do it all the time.  Make the squash, divvy it up into individual portions with the sauce of your choosing, then you have ready to go meals that just need to be heated up!

As far as the kelp noodles go, you just take them out of the bag, rinse them off, and you're good to go.  But they are crunchy out of the bag.  It seems when you toss them with whatever warm sauce you're putting on top, they tend to loosen up a bit and get softer the longer they sit.  I boil mine for about 10 mins before tossing with sauce, but after boiling, they're still crunchy, so I'm not sure that helps the texture at all or not.  In regard to flavor, they really don't have much flavor at all.  Pretty neutral.  But they are very satisfying as they give you the feel of eating pasta noodles.

The other thing I like instead of pasta is zucchini noodles.  I just made them for the first time two weeks ago and they were fantastic.  We've eaten them a number of times since then.  :)  When I have a chance I'll link the recipie. 

How is everyone's day 4??

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

You shouldn't judge completely on weight. Your weight can fluctuate by many pounds during the day depending on water retention, when you've used the restroom, time of day, etc. A more consistent and accurate measure would be to use measurements like body measurements or fat percentage.

Make sure you're eating plenty of vegetables and not just meat and nuts.  I made the mistake, when going Paleo, of not eating enough veg and eating too much meat.  Veggies are pretty much a free food.  Eat as much as you want, whenever you want.  Be sure you're eating plenty of healthy fats like avocado, coconut oil, EVOO, etc.  If you're not working out, you probably don't need as much protein so just be sure you're not over eating meat.

Here's a couple articles you should read, if you haven't already:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/07/3-reasons-to-reconsider-stepping-on-the-scale-this-morning/

Haven't totally disappeared, honest! Been a bit of a rough week, update for the past couple of day here

Paleo day planned for tomorrow, steak defrosting, veggies in the fridge and no plans to go anywhere, except maybe a walk, if the weather doesn't suck.

The recipes look awesome, I might try them out eventually with some alterations. Allergic to bell peppers and kelp noodles are stupid expensive in stores here. I can get steak for a better price (almost...).

Happy Friday everyone!

Level 2 Kitsune Adventurer

STR: 6 / DEX:  2 / STA: 4.5 / CON:  7.75 / WIS: 6 / CHA: 2.5

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Mini-Challenges Complete: MC#1,#2 +.5 CHA&WIS, +1 CON

Inventory: Fire Flower Power Up

Current Challenge

Kelp noodles are that expensive??  Wow.  Here they're only $1.99 a package...can usually get 3-4 servings out of a package.

Are bell peppers the only pepper you're allergic to?  If so, you could sub in a lower heat pepper like a big anaheim or poblano...but I would only use about half as much as the bell since they're spicier.  Mushrooms would probably be good in it too.

$6.29 a package at the overpriced 'health' food store which apparently is one of the few places in town to get them... I'll stick to Farm Boy and Bulk Barn for my groceries. I'm not missing noodles that much. 

Mushrooms sound like a much better idea than peppers. I am fortunate that my utter dislike of peppers matches the fact I can't eat them. My world would be a terrible place if I was allergic to strawberries.

Level 2 Kitsune Adventurer

STR: 6 / DEX:  2 / STA: 4.5 / CON:  7.75 / WIS: 6 / CHA: 2.5

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Mini-Challenges Complete: MC#1,#2 +.5 CHA&WIS, +1 CON

Inventory: Fire Flower Power Up

Current Challenge

So apart from feeling a little bloated my week was great. I sent out over 15 resumes this week, got a call back at a local casual dining restaurant got to go in for the interveiw next week. Fingers cross. Ate mostly paleo jusyt gotta cut my love for juice out and am good. Monday brings about training and a new week.

Same here, I'm going Beast mode the rest of the challenge!! BEWARE!!

Just go on your settings and clock signatures, then you can make your own with whatever you want. They make your profile look awesome, no?

On friday I found out the with the consultant that's coming in next week we'll be eating out every day this week. Is it okay if I keep myself accountable by reporting how I did here? I just know with the limited options in town I'm going to get really sick of salads and I'm hoping if I have to report in to someone I'll remember why I'm doing this.

Current Challenge | Food/Exercise Log

Level 3 - Hobbit Scout

STR:6.5 | DEX:3 | STA:5 | CON:8.5 | WIS:11 | CHA:3.5

Everyone's been really quiet this weekend -- how are things going?

Well, I committed to my first 1/2 marathon this weekend, so that made for a very interesting weekend.  I may have to up my fitness goals for the challenge.

Geo-geek, I think reporting here is a great idea! We can all offer support, or commiseration, depending on how you are feeling about the salads! Good luck!

Kort

Hobbit(ish), Adventurer2

STR-3.2, DEX-3, STA-2.2, CON-8, WIS-2, CHA-2

"Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint you can at it." - Danny Kaye

Challenges! 1  2  Current   Intro

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines