Losing Machines

You're gonna let a little hurricane stop you?  I understand about not swimming, but you could do something else.  Do some jumping jacks.  Do part of the Beginner Bodyweight Workout.  Do some 'downward dog'.  (That's a yoga thing, right?)  Roll around on the ground kicking and screaming and flailingn around for 15 mins about how you don't want to do a workout...and then you've just done a workout!  Just move!  Get back on track starting TODAY! :)

I DID do several miles worth of walking over the week, just not swimming, so it wasn't entirely a wash in terms of movement! Ty for the virtual pep talk <3

I have lost 4 pounds so far all thanks to eating healthy and good old-fashioned exercise:)

I have found being on Paleo has been pretty easy.

Some suggestions for those who need some help.

-Chicken/turkey Club- instead of bread, I use lettuce, I use it like a taco. (my kids love this)

-fruit salad breakfast. Apples, oranges, cinnamon, and coconut milk from the can for extra fat. It is so good and easy to make. Make extras for snack for the day, just add the milk when ready to eat.

-buy bulk frozen berries of your choice and use half and half. Good dessert. Or you an use coconut milk ( we still use dairy, just not as much.)

-chicken/turkey shephards pie, use less potatoes on top and make a cream sauce for underneath mixed in with peas and green beans and carrots, yum.

Tip:

-coconut milk last 10 days in the fridge.

-We always have fruit and veggies on hand.

-Make extra dinner and have left overs for lunch.

-anything sandwich type can be substituted for lettuce.

Woo Hoo for losing 4lbs and thank you for these great ideas!!

Hey Becks, no worries.  Life is all about that: our plans getting upset by other events and us finding the strength and determination to make them happen again.  And you will, Bekah.  There's no day like today, and its a fresh start.

don't forget to stay safe during the hurricane, though!  Being a prairie girl myself....they scare me.

It's was just a tropical storm, no biggie! Just rain and wind! I had a really rough patch, but today is better, still some residual crap, but overall, it's going in the right direction again. Ty for the positive thoughts <3

You shouldn't judge completely on weight. Your weight can fluctuate by many pounds during the day depending on water retention, when you've used the restroom, time of day, etc. A more consistent and accurate measure would be to use measurements like body measurements or fat percentage.

I agree with this entirely.

Haven't totally disappeared, honest! Been a bit of a rough week, update for the past couple of day here

Paleo day planned for tomorrow, steak defrosting, veggies in the fridge and no plans to go anywhere, except maybe a walk, if the weather doesn't suck.

The recipes look awesome, I might try them out eventually with some alterations. Allergic to bell peppers and kelp noodles are stupid expensive in stores here. I can get steak for a better price (almost...).

Happy Friday everyone!

Had a rough week too, hugs! Here's to a better one this week :)

Same here, I'm going Beast mode the rest of the challenge!! BEWARE!!

I'm right there with you!! Going into badass princess warrior mode!

Was able to catch up on 5 of your threads tonight!  If I haven't visited yet, I will.  Everyone's been really quiet this weekend -- how are things going?

bah! but it's not going to last much longer, I'm on my way up again!

Well, I committed to my first 1/2 marathon this weekend, so that made for a very interesting weekend.  I may have to up my fitness goals!

This is VERY Awesome!!! ^5

On friday I found out the with the consultant that's coming in next week we'll be eating out every day this week. Is it okay if I keep myself accountable by reporting how I did here? I just know with the limited options in town I'm going to get really sick of salads and I'm hoping if I have to report in to someone I'll remember why I'm doing this.

We are here to help, if posting here helps, do it :D

Great news today. I got a an interview at a local publishing house on friday. Wish me luck.

Yay!!! No luck needed, you are going to kick ass! Have you read Steve's

20 second Berserker Mode blog post?? Well worth a read :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Sheesh! I made a lot of Chicken Thigh wrapped in Bacon, so I wouldn't have to eat whatever was made for dinner. It was enough to last me all week, and the whole family ended up eating it!

Next time I'm just going to stick my food in the other fridge in the garage, they won't walk that far even for food.

Wasn't a total loss I made a Tuna salad day before yesterday, it was delicious!

Sheesh! I made a lot of Chicken Thigh wrapped in Bacon, so I wouldn't have to eat whatever was made for dinner. It was enough to last me all week, and the whole family ended up eating it!

I set strict guidelines with my g/f about eating food I make.  I have to tell her "this much is a portion size so don't eat it all"...otherwise my double batch of guacamole is gone in about 2 days. :\

Fortunate enough that no one else in the house will touch my food, it's far too 'healthy and weird' for them apparently. My challenge is avoiding all of their food: white bread, ice cream, pudding... the list goes on. And cheese curds keep appearing in the fridge. Sometimes, I just can't help grabbing a few.

Walked over 10km overall today, and my legs are unhappy with me. Need to get up, make/have dinner and I forget... bah, I'm sure there was something else.

Level 2 Kitsune Adventurer

STR: 6 / DEX:  2 / STA: 4.5 / CON:  7.75 / WIS: 6 / CHA: 2.5

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Mini-Challenges Complete: MC#1,#2 +.5 CHA&WIS, +1 CON

Inventory: Fire Flower Power Up

Current Challenge

I set strict guidelines with my g/f about eating food I make.  I have to tell her "this much is a portion size so don't eat it all"...otherwise my double batch of guacamole is gone in about 2 days. :\

Mmmmmm, guacamole! I make something similar in my smoothies except I add strawberries! I know what you mean about food going, "now you see me, now ya don't". I made Carob cookies (old family recipe, no sugar, has nuts, and when frozen you can nibble on one for a craving killer), at least 2 dozen and stored them in the fridge. My mom and sister took them out of the fridge, thawed them out and ate them all. Next time, I'll hide them!

Fortunate enough that no one else in the house will touch my food, it's far too 'healthy and weird' for them apparently. My challenge is avoiding all of their food: white bread, ice cream, pudding... the list goes on. And cheese curds keep appearing in the fridge. Sometimes, I just can't help grabbing a few.

Walked over 10km overall today, and my legs are unhappy with me. Need to get up, make/have dinner and I forget... bah, I'm sure there was something else.

Maybe I just need to make some "healthy and weird" food.

Don't you just hate those temporary senile moments?

I just had to get over the idea that my food was just for me.  It took a while, but I realised that if it helps them eat healthier too then why not?  So I just don't plan on having it the next day and then if it IS there it's a happy co-incidence :)

True, maybe I should just view it like that, thanks!

Good run today, I only did 1 mile and it was brutal! I was in the hills, and wearing my military boots and carrying a heavy walking stick.

In other news, that has really nothing to do with the challenge but is proof that I've been working out:  I was mocked by a small child on the running trail today.  I obviously was struggling (so sue me, it was like 80oF/26.6oC and I haven't done real running in a long time!), and the kid just pointed and laughed.  Being the competitive person I am, I saw there was a road block up ahead that was about hurdle height, so I put on a burst of speed and hurdled that thing!  Upon looking back, the kid was just staring, shocked.  Yeah, what now! 

Of course, mentally thinking: I can't believe that worked! It's been over 7 years since I ran hurdles.  That will never work again.  I will never try that again, ever!

Just a fun random story from the life and times of me to brighten everyone's mid-week!

Kort

Hobbit(ish), Adventurer2

STR-3.2, DEX-3, STA-2.2, CON-8, WIS-2, CHA-2

"Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint you can at it." - Danny Kaye

Challenges! 1  2  Current   Intro

Kort, that is awesome! And since you've done it, believe that it did work and it could work again. Or just focus that awesomeness on the next hurdle in your path.

BBW workout for me today and a good primal day. Tackling the paleo goal tomorrow and Saturday. The groceries I picked up only contained fruit, veggies and steak. I do plan to finish up the dairy stuff that's in the fridge, but I will resist buying more. 

Now to tackle homework demons.

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Challenge

In other news, that has really nothing to do with the challenge but is proof that I've been working out:  I was mocked by a small child on the running trail today.  I obviously was struggling (so sue me, it was like 80oF/26.6oC and I haven't done real running in a long time!), and the kid just pointed and laughed.  Being the competitive person I am, I saw there was a road block up ahead that was about hurdle height, so I put on a burst of speed and hurdled that thing!  Upon looking back, the kid was just staring, shocked.  Yeah, what now! 

Of course, mentally thinking: I can't believe that worked! It's been over 7 years since I ran hurdles.  That will never work again.  I will never try that again, ever!

Just a fun random story from the life and times of me to brighten everyone's mid-week!

I bet you were all:

31136979.jpg

Going pretty good for me.  The only thing I'm disappointed in myself with is that I haven't been getting as many workouts in as I aimed to.  I haven't even started the jogging portion of the Challenge yet and I only got two BBW's in this week.  No excuse really, but I'm still making progress.  More details on my Challenge thread...

How's things going for you Hiraedd?

Was doing great until I hit the weekend... Ended up having to work on Saturday, was feeling completely stressed out and caved to Dairy Queen. :neglected: Sunday was filled with breakfast out with Dad, Grampon, my sister and niece, and then dinner out at my Mom's place. 

Rethinking my paleo goal, doing it in stages doesn't seem to be going so well. It's a bit too easy for me to say that I'll do it tomorrow. Going to cut down on dairy this week and go for no dairy next week through to the end of the challenge.

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Challenge

It's much easier for me to just say no to everything and go 'cold turkey', so to speak.  I can throw out all the bad stuff I have in my house and immediately cook 2 or 3 meals to get me through a week or so.  If I try to phase out, I just make excuses for why I can have things I shouldn't have.  Different approaches work for different people.

^

Waste not, want not. I love it!

As you can see from my challenge I have now let my Badass and Crazy side completely take over. So far it's been going good, but it's weird, I have been living letting my Brat (or Lazy) have the wheel for so long it's a strange feeling to actually get stuff done. Not that I'm complaining!

Already revamped my diet so there will be no slip-ups, re-evaluated my workouts, and made an ultimatum for my license goal.

Week 2 was a pretty solid bust! Week 3 is shaping up much more nicely...however, I tend to do really crappy with my goals during a week that I have some very solid personal growth, and this week was no exception.

I learned quite a bit about my body/mind reactions to sugar and dairy (I suspected as much already, but could no longer chalk it up to any other causes). I also had some good lessons about my body image "crap" that I have struggled with forever...and have a pretty good idea of what I need to overcome it all. I faced some very hard truths about not being able to help people who dont want the help you offer and that some people you cant help in the way they need, no matter how much you may want to.

I also have spent quite a bit of my week reading my new yoga book and really absorbing it, and because of that, my yoga is becoming much more consistent in week 3 than weeks 1 or 2.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Hey where is everyone? Well here is my problem:

This week is the Week of Suck! I ate like crap, no exercising, nothing! Hopefully your guys' week was better than mine.

Yup my week was exactly the same. I got in like 30mins of cardio for the entire week and ate so far off the paleo scale that I think I gain weight. Am so gonna take these last few weeks serious. Cause right now I grade my self an overal D gotta get that up to a B. Come on guys I think we became quiet and everyone forgot what and why we came here. Let's do this.

I'll help keep you accountable on getting serious, and if you don't mind helping me I would really appreciate it!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines