Losing Machines

Glad to see you back, Arima :)  Keep on them about the job -- follow up is good.  And great job on eating in smaller portions.  4 lbs is nothing to sneeze at, and as long as you were still eating...good for you!  Make sure you take a rest day between your circuits -- ALWAYS.  Your body doesn't get stronger unless it has a chance to heal.

I'm doing well, happy with my progress, and getting excited for next challenge :)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

I fessed up last week about being flaky and then slunk off again... Not proud of it, but it's time to pick up the pieces, move on and finish up this challenge. 

Things spiraled a little too far out of control up to today, eating the things I shouldn't be. It all caught up with me this afternoon, I just started to feel like crap again. There's no excuse and I really don't want one.

Spent most of the evening walking around downtown playing Ingress (if you have an Android, check it out), ended up covering 14km overall today. Came home, made a couple of eggs and sliced up a mango for dinner. Yes, there should have been veggies, but it's late and I'm tired. 

Let's see how well I can finish this challenge.

Level 2 Kitsune Adventurer

STR: 6 / DEX:  2 / STA: 4.5 / CON:  7.75 / WIS: 6 / CHA: 2.5

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Mini-Challenges Complete: MC#1,#2 +.5 CHA&WIS, +1 CON

Inventory: Fire Flower Power Up

Current Challenge

Hey all!  Sorry I haven't been around a lot this week so far, but I thought I'd stop by with a little encouragement. :) 

This is from an article about Canadian Olympic Athlete Paula Findlay (you can read the whole article here).  She was expected to win gold at the London Olympics and instead came in last place.  Talk about disappointment!  But here's what she had to say about what she's learned about failure: (emphasis mine)

I've always found support in inspirational quotes and stories. After my Olympic disaster the one I kept repeating in my mind was "What might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey."

Yes, I hit a rough patch, but coming in last isn't the worst thing that could happen to me. I began to realize every single setback is not necessarily permanent; they can push you forward in different ways. It's important to acknowledge your weakness in order to get stronger. It’s easy to work on only what you're good at because it boosts your confidence. But when I started to go outside my comfort zone and work on improving things like my open-water swimming and cycling skills, I saw how the biggest gains I have to make are actually through my weaknesses. I might not enjoy working on them at the time, but it's the best way to move forward.

The real process of getting back on track, however, began with starting afresh. I found a new coach and a new focus. This time it's not about chasing the number one spot-because that isn't sustainable.

Here's what my experience has taught me: You have to be open-minded to make changes. You can't repeat the same thing and expect different results. Know that there are many different paths you can take to achieve the result you're after. Be as flexible as possible in your approach as you fight for what you want. But above all, never give up; finish what you start and keep on believing.

So, what do you think: do you have a lot to learn from the things you've been struggling with?  Are you ready to finish what you started?  

I believe in you, and I hope you do, too.  Let's keep rocking out week 5, and be ready to destroy week 6!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Yo! What up guys?

You'd think since it's almost to the end of the challenge, there would be more posts.

So far so good for me, I went to an Independence Day party and my dad's friend said I looked like I lost a lot of weight. That made my day! I'm still struggling with food and working out but I'm fighting to make these final days good ones!

Sorry I've been a bit MIA... how did it already get to the last week of the challenge?! Diet wise I've been doing okay, though no suprise the weeks I've tapered off on posting I also didn't do as good at recording everything everyday. My exercise plan had to completely go out the window, it hasn't dropped below 95 in weeks and our highs got to 118... with the AC bairly keeping up at 80 in house I gave up trying to do weights. That said I did increase both my days swimming and how much I do at that point. After gaining a couple pounds this weekend I'm currently down 7lbs. The best news is that after trying to be more active this spring I tried on my summer clothes and almost everything from last year fits better this year. Nothing's too big yet, but I'm frankly excited to have some more lightweight clothing options! :D

Excited for this week, I shouldn't have any problems staying focused this week so I'm stoked to see how much I can do! Oh also... found an awesome program for mapping out my comic, so while I probably won't finish it in time I should have some real progress.

How about everyone else, you ready to finish this thing off in style?!

Current Challenge | Food/Exercise Log

Level 3 - Hobbit Scout

STR:6.5 | DEX:3 | STA:5 | CON:8.5 | WIS:11 | CHA:3.5

Hi Everyone

Sorry for the late reply, was busy with work like every month starting. 

Week 5 was good, still keep my diet and i did the BBW 3 times and interval training once.

I haven't checked my weight since it might demotivate me, l just do that this week.

also this week will be the last week for BBW X3, then i am gonna start with strength training workouts.

I wish everyone an awesome last week. 

Awesome, Xerla!!

I'll be setting up Losing Machines again next challenge, and first dibs go to people who are already in it (something I didn't do last challenge...my bad :) ) so make sure over the next few weeks if you're interested in journeying together again you let me know.

And, if you haven't already, report in!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

The next challenge doesn't start until July 29th.  We added an extra week between since the year doesn't divide equally into 6 week challenges, and we always like to start the New Year with a new challenge.

I'm just about going crazy with wanting to start, though.  I can't wait for the 29th to get here!!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

I really hope everyone is back for next time; being a part of this group was awesome! I don't think I would have actually stuck with this challenge if not for the people of this group!

I can't wait for the next challenge and wishing everyone a great challenge break!

Kort

Hobbit(ish), Adventurer2

STR-3.2, DEX-3, STA-2.2, CON-8, WIS-2, CHA-2

"Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint you can at it." - Danny Kaye

Challenges! 1  2  Current   Intro

Losing Machines (Continued) is up, for those of you interested in joining up again.

Find the thread here.

Find the sign up sheet here (make sure you look on the Adventurer's tab for it)

Kort, I took the liberty of adding your name to it already, since you were so excited about it happening again.  If you aren't interested (or have decided to move to or start another group) just let me know.

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines