Bubbette brings it on: challenge #1

This is my first challenge! I'm hoping it helps me get and stay on track better than I have been.

I'm a level 1 adventurer at the moment. Not sure where exactly where I'll end up at the end. I'm still working on the goals I want to set. I'll post them tomorrow.

I'm really excited to follow along and support everyone here!

Bubbette Brings it On! challenge #1

Bubbette Brings it On Again! challenge #2

Level 2 Elf in an Ogre Suit Adventurer.

STR: 3.5 DEX: 2.5 STA: 3.5 CON: 3 WIS: 4.5 CHA: 3

Thanks Red!

Level one Elf in an Ogre suit adventurer.  Current attributes:

• Strength (STR) - 2
  • Dexterity (DEX) - 2
  • Stamina (STA) - 2
  • Constitution (CON) - 3
  • Wisdom (WIS) - 4
  • Charisma (CHA) - 2

Goals:

1.  Train for 5k using Zombies Run app on my phone. This means using the app and training 3 days per week.  It's completely acceptable to repeat training days as necessary. 
  2. Add one day of bodyweight exercises every week. 
  3. Log my food and activity everyday using Loseit app and website.  Must log everything and most importantly be honest. 
  4. Blog once a week.

A= goal completed.

B=one week or workout skipped

C=two weeks or workouts skipped

D=three weeks or workouts skipped

F=four or more weeks or workouts skipped.

It's a pretty fun app!  Well, as fun as running can be, anyway. 

Yesterday was a good day.  I did my Zombies Run workout and I logged all my activity and food for the day.  I also started working on a blog post that I need to finish up.  I think I'm going to make Thursday my bodyweight workout day. 

As you can see, I've also figured out how to add a profile picture and I made a signature.  Go me!!

Hey Team Leader! ;)

Great goals! I have an aversion to running so I'm going to live through you for that one. XD
Food logging is really eye opening! I've been keeping track myself, and geez. ^^;

Good luck! Let's do this!

MONTBLANC
*Adventuring Occultist*
(STR) 1 * (DEX) 2 * (STA) 1 * (CON) 3 * (WIS) 5 * (CHA) 3

To thrive in life you need three bones: A wishbone. A backbone. And a funny bone. 

I have a love-hate relationship with my ZR app. xD It had something to do with not being able to change the playlist... Then I realised I needed to use a different app for it. Whoooops. 

Curious about goal number two. Does that mean by the end of the 6 weeks, you'll be doing the bodyweight exercises 6x a week?! o: What about rest days? 

GOOOOD LUUUUCK! :D Let's doooo thiiiis thaaaang! <3

Also I love that Elf in an Ogre suit description. Brilliant! :D

Say hi on Twitter: @WannabeEmpress

Level 1 Siren Adventurer 

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 5.5

My Challenge

Progress Log

This is my first challenge! I'm hoping it helps me get and stay on track better than I have been.

I'm a level 1 adventurer at the moment. Not sure where exactly where I'll end up at the end. I'm still working on the goals I want to set. I'll post them tomorrow.

I'm really excited to follow along and support everyone here!

I have a love-hate relationship with my ZR app. xD It had something to do with not being able to change the playlist... Then I realised I needed to use a different app for it. Whoooops. 

Curious about goal number two. Does that mean by the end of the 6 weeks, you'll be doing the bodyweight exercises 6x a week?! o: What about rest days? 

GOOOOD LUUUUCK! :D Let's doooo thiiiis thaaaang! <3

Also I love that Elf in an Ogre suit description. Brilliant! :D

Hi,

I was wondering if you still had space on your team?  If you do, please let me know, thank you!

Warm Wishes,

Loveangel331

I just want to make doing the bodyweight exercises at least one day every week.  If I can push it to 2 days a week- Bonusr points for me!

Oops, I forgot to add please let me know if you have 3 spots left (myself, and two other newbies need a team to join), thank you!

Warm Wishes,

Loveangel331

Hallo, team leader! Awesome goals! Good luck on meeting them, especially the Run Zombies one :D It sounds like loads of fun.

If I may ask, how is the Loseit app? I currently use MyFitnessPal, and some people have noted large discrepancies between the two.

Lvl 1 Tiefling Adventurer

STR 3 | | DEX 1 | | STA 3 | | CON 4 | | WIS 2 | | CHA 2

Lvl 1 Dire Shih Tzu Animal Companion

DEX 3 | | STA 2 | | CON 3 | | WIS 1

Our First Excellent Adventure

Oh, I just realised... Bubbette, what's your blog?! I've been on a blog hiatus for sooo long haha. :D Would love to see yours <3

Hallo, team leader! Awesome goals! Good luck on meeting them, especially the Run Zombies one :D It sounds like loads of fun.

If I may ask, how is the Loseit app? I currently use MyFitnessPal, and some people have noted large discrepancies between the two.

Do either of those apps work well? :D I tried doing WeightWatchers for a couple of weeks because it was easier to track points compared to calories, but I kind of fail at tracking haha!

Say hi on Twitter: @WannabeEmpress

Level 1 Siren Adventurer 

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 5.5

My Challenge

Progress Log

Oops, I forgot to add please let me know if you have 3 spots left (myself, and two other newbies need a team to join), thank you!

Sure!  Happy to have you! 

I really like Loseit.  I use the app as well as the website so I never have an excuse other than pure laziness to not keep track of my food and activity.  I am positive there are discrepacies, but I try to make sure I follow the information on the packaging more than anything else.  If it's something that I don't have packaging for I tend to overcompensate and put more down so I'm kind of more covered. 

Oh, I just realised... Bubbette, what's your blog?! I've been on a blog hiatus for sooo long haha. :D Would love to see yours <3

Do either of those apps work well? :D I tried doing WeightWatchers for a couple of weeks because it was easier to track points compared to calories, but I kind of fail at tracking haha!

Here is my blog if anyone wants to read along.  While I Breathe I Hope  I think it's pretty work friendly, but it does have a few 4 letter words. 

I'm a huge fan of Loseit.  I've been using it since November 2011 and have lost 65 lbs.  When I use it like I should and log everything, I'm very sucessful. 

I was on Weight Watchers for about 5 years and lost 50 lbs.  That was very discouraging for me, but it was my own fault.  Weight watchers works well for a lot of people, but the points system didn't work well with the way my mind works.  The number of points I had (around 32) seemed like so little and I felt so deprived all the time.  I was constantly cheating.  Counting calories works a lot better for me.  Right now I am at about 1850 calories per day.  In my mind that just sounds like so much more food than 32 points.  I find that now, I'm eating a much more varied and nutritionally sound diet than I ever did on Weight Watchers. 

Day 2 went well.  I used it as a rest day, so I didn't log any activity.  I logged all of my food for the day and made good choices.  I haven't made any progress on #2 or #4 yet.  Tomorrow will be my bodyweight exercise day and I'm going to work some more on my next blog post tonight. 

Day 3 is off to a good start!  I've completed Week 1, Day 2 of my ZR app.  Beginning to think that I should have evaluated the common sense of training for a 5k during summer in South Carolina a lot better before I started. 

Thank you for adding me and my two new friends (kgt103 and rabies_R_us- we're all newbies and found each other online yesterday  :)  

Warm Wishes,

Loveangel331

Oops, I meant to reply to you (Bubbette), but clicked on the wrong button...  Well, you get my point!

And I did the same mistake again, lol...  I hope I'll get used to this NF posting system!  As you can tell, I don't belong to any forums, or like to post things...

Warm Wishes,

Loveangel331

Day 2 went well.  I used it as a rest day, so I didn't log any activity.  I logged all of my food for the day and made good choices.  I haven't made any progress on #2 or #4 yet.  Tomorrow will be my bodyweight exercise day and I'm going to work some more on my next blog post tonight. 

Day 3 is off to a good start!  I've completed Week 1, Day 2 of my ZR app.  Beginning to think that I should have evaluated the common sense of training for a 5k during summer in South Carolina a lot better before I started. 

Hi Bubbette!  I'm running a 5K this Saturday at the Apple Campus in Campbell, CA any tips?  I'm a slow runner (I blame it on my asthma), but have ran a 5K, 10K and a half marathon before, but still consider myself a newbie when it comes to running (since I never practice running and only run if it's part of the Crossfit workout)  Thank you very much!

Warm Wishes,

Loveangel331

Hello everyone  :)

Quick question:  Are most folks participating in this thread also squad members of "Better Late than Never"?  I'm just curious, since I have not had the chance to view the updated team roster.

How was everyone's day 3 of this challenge?  I'm ready to tackle down today, which is day 4.  Keep the positive momentum going!

Warm Wishes,

Loveangel331

I think most are a part of the Better Late than Nevers.  Everyone is welcome though!  It helps keep me honest. 

I've been having a great challenge week!  I've done all 3 ZR workouts, I did my body weight workout yesterday, I have logged all my food and activity and I've added a blog post.  So all I need to do to have an A for the week is to continue to log my food and activity for the rest of the week. 

One thing I'm proud of for the week:

Monday and yesterday I ate more than I should have calorie wise and didn't have very many calories left for supper.  Instead of giving up for the day I made something for my husband and then I made something much more light for me that was still satisfying and fit into my leftover calories with some to spare. 

Sure!  Happy to have you! 

I really like Loseit.  I use the app as well as the website so I never have an excuse other than pure laziness to not keep track of my food and activity.  I am positive there are discrepacies, but I try to make sure I follow the information on the packaging more than anything else.  If it's something that I don't have packaging for I tend to overcompensate and put more down so I'm kind of more covered. 

Here is my blog if anyone wants to read along.  While I Breathe I Hope  I think it's pretty work friendly, but it does have a few 4 letter words. 

I'm a huge fan of Loseit.  I've been using it since November 2011 and have lost 65 lbs.  When I use it like I should and log everything, I'm very sucessful. 

I was on Weight Watchers for about 5 years and lost 50 lbs.  That was very discouraging for me, but it was my own fault.  Weight watchers works well for a lot of people, but the points system didn't work well with the way my mind works.  The number of points I had (around 32) seemed like so little and I felt so deprived all the time.  I was constantly cheating.  Counting calories works a lot better for me.  Right now I am at about 1850 calories per day.  In my mind that just sounds like so much more food than 32 points.  I find that now, I'm eating a much more varied and nutritionally sound diet than I ever did on Weight Watchers. 

Good job on your first week B!

Out of curiousity, are you eating small meals or 3 large meals? I always have a hard time getting my amount of calories in and just want to see what others are doing. (Psst, and mine is 1325! Yet I still struggle!) Did you do that Basal Metabolic Rate to figure out how many calories too? Oh, and weight watchers is working great for my friend! I just aint got time to head to meetings every week. Lol.

MONTBLANC
*Adventuring Occultist*
(STR) 1 * (DEX) 2 * (STA) 1 * (CON) 3 * (WIS) 5 * (CHA) 3

To thrive in life you need three bones: A wishbone. A backbone. And a funny bone. 

I usually have breakfast, a snack, lunch, a snack and then supper.  I usually try to split up my calories fairly evenly. 

I used Loseit to figure out how many calories I should eat.  Math is not my strong suit.  I may have even chosen my college major many moons ago based largely on how much math I had to take. 

Today ends week one of the challenge for me. Overall, I did great. I really hope I can keep up this momentum. I'm proud that I've completed my goals for the week. Committing to logging my food honestly has helped keep me from going off track several times. I'm also proud of my training though the Zmbies, Run app. I did each of the week one workouts and using the workout logs on the actual website it looks like I've improved my pace and time. I think I'm going to repeat week one just so I can have a good starting foundation before I start adding more running into the workout. I'd especially like to start being able to add at least a little running into the last ten minute free form portion of each workout. I'm going to make even better progress on that this week! I'm trying to come up with a good topic for this week's blog post too.

Week 2 is off to a good start so far.  I don't feel as motivated as I did last week, but I think mainly that has to do with the dreary weather we've been having.  Thunderstorms, rain and gray skies.  I need sunlight!

I have done one Zombies, Run workout.  I did decide to repeat week one.  I won't say it was easier, but it didn't seem to take as long.  I added a couple of short runs into the last 10 minute free form walk at the end.  I definitely feel like I've made some progress.  I did well logging all of my food and activity.  I felt hungry all day though.  I ate more than I should have, but I logged it and I'm not going to beat myself up over it.  At least I ate good stuff, not junk. 

Today is a rest day.  No exercise.  I'm going to try to start working on my next blog post today when I have a chance. 

Wow Bubbette you're doing great.  Those moments where I almost go off track with my diet in the first week are the real danger for me - the point where I can just go 'oh well, failed at that' and give up.  But you've stuck with it and into another good week - it's really inspiring.  

Challenge Number One...

“Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.†Kierkegaard

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines