Kilana - newbie to the six week challenge

Kilana

Oh - weight is down another pound and a bit, and one of my measurements is down half an inch. Yay! Not sure how accurate it all was because of the bean salads and bits of cheese I had on the weekend (bloat).

Kilana, Elven Assassin

STR +3.8 | DEX +2 | STA +3.3CON +6.6 | WIS +5.5 | CHA +6.5
1st challenge, started June 3rd, 2013
2nd challenge, started September 19, 2013

3rd challenge, started June 10th, 2014

Kilana, you're doing just great! Congratulations on getting your edits in the computer! And good on you for having some fun this weekend. Without a little bit of it, what's all the hard work for, anyhow? I hope the appointment with the naturopath goes well!

Lady Churl, Adventuress

Current Challenge: do or do not: Lady Churl's six-week challenge

Accountabilibuddies: Proud "eighth wheel" of Yoda's Padawans

NF Goal #4 is to blog about food here: http://wordnerdchow.wordpress.com

I'm on The Twitters: @LadyChurl

And good on you for having some fun this weekend. Without a little bit of it, what's all the hard work for, anyhow? 

^this to the nth degree. 

Way to go with the edits! It'll definitely feel great to have a physical copy of your novel when it's done too. Definitely something to pass along in the family!

Great job on the chin-up too! I can't even think about chin-ups yet haha. Colour me impressed/ jealous :P

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

STR: 6.75 DEX: 2.75 STA: 6 CON: 6 WIS: 4 CHA: 1.5

First Challenge

"The coward believes he will live forever if he holds back in battle, but in old age he shall have no peace though spears have spared his limbs." - Havamal

Day 26th Update. Alternatively titled "Meh"

Here's the good stuff:

- no wheat

- continuing my circuit training

- finished all my editing (thanks Mom!)

And, then the rest. A mix of the good, the bad and the ugly.

My naturopath appointment on Tuesday went well. She listened, she asked questions, we discussed a lot of things. I spent a lot of money. But these things are not cheap, and DH and I knew that. I left with three supplements to use for a month, and then we would reevaluate. She said it sounds like I have issues with additives, as well as with some specific items. She drew my blood for a sensitivity test (can you see the cash flowing out of my pocket). I knew I'd get that done, so that's fine.

I started the supplements first thing on Wednesday morning. Oral drops (R7), Liver Support pills and Candaclear Four pills. Not high doses based on my (internet) research. I felt a bit off, almost like I'd had a lot of caffeine, by the end of the day. I don't drink coffee or tea, and only rarely a can of coke. Thursday, before midday, I felt more "off" and I almost felt like my blood was thrumming through my veins. My older three had a half day of school that day, as their last day of school for the year. So when my youngest was down for a nap, I put on a movie for them. Then, it hit me. A gallstone attack, over a year after my last one. And man, it was a doozy. It's hard to type, let alone think, when one hits. Throwing up helps the pain, I guess by lessening the load on the liver and gallbladder. Or it's just that the pain is so bad it makes you throw up. Thankfully it lasted only half an hour (yeah, the others lasted an hour or more), and my littlest stayed asleep the whole time. I emailed the naturopath (slooooowwwwly typing) from a curled up position on the floor. And then it was gone. It faded faster than the other ones.

Now, I realize that it's because of the pills. That I'm changing things - hopefully in a good way! - inside me. But man, that sucked. She called me back this morning (Saturday) and we talked about what pills I'm to drop for a few days, when to start one of them again and what one not to start until after we're back from the cottage.

Long story short .... I haven't been running. Or doing much else these past two days. Haven't eaten much today, either, and my back ached. The muscles up and down the sides of my spine always ache for a few days after an attack.

I did, however, get my mom to read my novel and she dropped it off last night in print form with her notes inside. So cool! I've done those computer updates, so it's all ready to go.

Anyone still reading this essay post of mine? :) Well, I'm now at a bit of quandary. I read the info on the site that prints the books, and it really is being published. It's a self publishing company that joined up with NaNoWriMo. But it's in the States. I'm not - I'm Canadian, eh? And so is, interestingly, NaNoWriMo. Which I knew. Why would they hook up with an American company? So any funds I make (yeah, like I expect to) would be US dollars and taxable certain different ways and whatnot, and there are other things. And it mentions expenses I might have to pay, though the five print books are free after I pay shipping and handling.

Soooo ... now my thoughts are along the lines of ePublishing. Through Kobo (Canadian!) and also free. While I'd love for my grubby little hands to get a hold of MY OWN BOOK, I don't want to just jump on when I'm not sure if that's the best route. If I do that, go with Kobo or another ePublishing place, would that go against my fourth NF Rebel goal? Even if I did it after the 30th of June? That date was set by CreateSpace, and that's why I went with it in my goal list.

Would anyone consider it cheating if I modified the goal to be "published by the end of the challenge" instead? That's what I'm not sure of. I have it ready to go. It's not like I've been slacking. I might edit a bit more or change something, but I'm still great with it as is.

I anyone made it down here to my dilemma, please let me know what your thoughts are! :D

Kilana, Elven Assassin

Oh my goodness. I hope you feel better!

And no, I don't think changing your goal would be considered as cheating. It's your goal, you can do with it whatever you like!

Keep up the progress, even if you have to type reeeaaallllly slow haha.

Level 2 Human Adventurer

STR: 6 |  CON: 5.25

DEX: 1  |  WIS: 5.25

STA: 5.75  |  CHA: 4.5

My First Challenge

My Second (Current) Challenge

-Second Challenge Progress Blog

"Don't freak out until there is a reason to freak out." -My grandmother

Well, back from a week at the cottage, and I'm sure I gained some weight - grrrrrrrr! Even though I run and swim and stuff, there aren't many stairs (unlike at home) and I get to sit a lot more. And eat a bit more.

Good news - no wheat consumed at all! Yay! I'm trying to avoid dairy, and our few trips to the local provincial parks snack shack did me in. Mmmmm ..... ice cream ....

More good news - I did two runs of about 4 km. First time I did it in 24 minutes, second time in 25 minutes. Now. That run. That run is brew-tal! Lots of hills. Lots of heat. And yeah, lots of sweat. But I jump in the lake after :) So I'm pretty happy with what I did.

No other exercises, like working on chin-ups, though I did kayak a fair bit. And I did a few swing set chin-ups - using the trapeze bar, so my feet were actually on the ground. Hard to do many when your kids keep saying "push me more, Mom!" on the swings!

I'm afraid for my weigh-in tomorrow morning. Eeek! But that's okay. One more week left of the challenge!

Kilana, Elven Assassin

I've been kind of MIA here for the past week! I blame it on the kids being out from school, and me being kept busier than when they were in school. That, and my second-youngest turned five yesterday, so there was party prep to do and whatnot.

I don't know if I'll be able to run or test my chin-ups today, so I'll update this later today doe that one. Here's where I'm at for the last day of the challenge:

1) (+4 CON) Eliminate wheat from my diet, with no intentional cheating (ie. knowingly consuming wheat)

B = 90% for cheating once - not bad! Only one cheat :)

2) (+3 STR) Be able to do five proper chin-ups, in a row

D = 70% for being able to do two chin-ups in a row

OR

E = 60% for being able to do 1 chin-up

3) (+3 STA) Be able to run 5 km in half an hour, without stopping

B = 90% for doing the run in 31-40 minutes, without stopping - my best time was that 34 1/2 minutes one. I'd like to run today, but I really don't think I can. DH is away, my guts are hurting (not enough "real" food at the party yesterday, I think).

4) (+3 WIS and +2 STA) Finish the editing for my November 2012 NaNoWriMo novel before the end of June

A = 100% for finishing the editing before the end of June

That last one is a stickler for me. Technically, I did finish it before the end of June. I decided NOT to submit it to the thing for five free copies. I didn't like how it was organized (out of MY country, etc,). And I can't do anything more right now since one of our servers kind of died when we were at the cottage. Where was my most recent version of my novel? Why, on that server of course!

But, based on my wording for (4), I passed. I finished it before the end of June.

I haven't taken measurements yet, but I have lost 5.6 lbs in the last six weeks.

Kilana, Elven Assassin

1) (+4 CON) Eliminate wheat from my diet, with no intentional cheating (ie. knowingly consuming wheat)

B = 90% for cheating once - not bad! Only one cheat :)

2) (+3 STR) Be able to do five proper chin-ups, in a row

D = 70% for being able to do two chin-ups in a row

OR

E = 60% for being able to do 1 chin-up

I haven't taken measurements yet, but I have lost 5.6 lbs in the last six weeks.

Gratz on the weat , i had a 'non-grain' goal, i think i made it  19/48days , so 'go you!'

as cause of that: i melted away 4cm of my waste-line(i dont weight being a male), so I guess same astonishing results as you(taking in account , i had my drinks daily, and some chips weekly)

Being able to do a chinup is not to be laughed upon!  , I, as a male, managed to do: 'just not three of them', sceaming king-kong sounds of pain while attemting; So for a first attempt, i would say to be proud & to keep on going on the momentum!

Nusuth Revamped

Current Challenge

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf 

Jon Kabat-Zinn

A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.

Napoleon Hill

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines