I always had a view of myself - back from college - where i was somewhat thin and active.  As the years passed and I got older and landed desk jobs (always in the game industry for some weird reason), my body changed but I just didn't let myself notice. I was always too busy with keeping my skills up to date, trying to learn new skills, climbing the ladder, supporting my family. 

Then, I had two children (at the same time), and the stress of what went on the past few years was pretty unbearable. So, I "destressed" by eating. Tasty blended iced coffees, snacks at my desk, candy in my pocket. It got to the point where I now weigh more than I did when pregnant - which is pretty impressively bad considering being pregnant with twins made me pretty huge. 

Like a previous poster, my husband is supportive..but not really. He's an enabler - pushing me to just go ahead and have that bit of food because it will make me feel happy, even though he knows I'm trying to resist. Without any weight issue of his own, he just does not get that I really need help with the 'no' and not the 'yes"

So now, I'm 39, 5'3", and almost 200 lbs. I should be around 130. My clothes don't fit, my wedding ring does not fit, it hurts to walk for any length of time. I'm done. I refuse to be this big any longer. 

My plan:

- i've been 5 days so far on a Paleo diet. It sucks. But, it seems to be working. I dropped 2 lbs this week. 

- I quit sugar cold turkey.I've NEVER been able to make a quit-sugar phase stick before. I'm on day 5 as well. 

- I'm doing the "beginner workout" 3 days a week and interval training for 2. Weekends are nothing because I'm full time care for my toddlers and that's enough of a workout for now. 

I'm a little worried that I jumped in and am doing too much at one time. If its too much, I'm not sure what to scale back on..but I sure miss my sweet coffee already. 

My goal: In the next month, I'd like to be able to do one real pushup. Not the "on the knees" version I've been doing for my workout. One real pushup where I don't fall on my face and can't get back up. 

Wow, twins! Way to go Mama! That must have been really hard. Welcome to the rebellion. One of my motivations for getting fit and healthy is to be able to have a kid of my own some day. I wish you the best of luck going off sugar. I've heard that's tough.

Freckles

"When do we start?"

Saedyn Adventurer-Level 1

STR: 2 DEX: 2 STA: 2 CON: 2 WIS: 4.5 CHA: 3.5

First Step Life in a Tiny Village: The Hokkaido Fox

I've made a portal look-alike cake already, was damn delicious :)

Welcome to the Horde of Rebels. Try to stick to what you want, even if you give in once, don't stop trying! Read the quote in my signature, apply it to your situation and stick to it!

Gratz on the twins too ^^

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173