27angel's excited to start her 2nd challenge

27angel

As summer begins I like to think that this will be the last summer where I don’t go swimming because I can’t stand for people to see me in a bathing suit. I am excited about this challenge, my second, because despite starting late and injured and ending with oral surgery I think I did pretty well on  my first challenge.

Beginning weight: 239

GOAL 1 DIET: Thanks to the last challenge I am now eating a completely primal diet. I don’t feel like it is a habit yet and I also worry that some days I am not eating enough. So, my first goal for this challenge is to continue eating primal and track it all on my fitness pal.  Eat 1450 net calories/day; 50-99 grams of carbohydrates/day. At least 125 grams of protein/day.

GRADING GOAL 1: For grading, every day that I track on my fitness pal I get 1 point. Every day I eat 50-99 grams carbohydrates I get 1 point. Every day I also meet my Protein minimum, that's 1 point. Each day I can get up to 3 points.  Six weeks x 7 days a week is 42 possible days x 3 points/day = 126 possible points;  > 111=A;  > 96=B;  > 81 =C;  > 66=D; Below that = F.

Worth: 2 WIS, 3 CON (learning about healthy eating and making it a habit.)

GOAL 2 EXERCISE: Last challenge I was dealing with a knee injury that kept me from doing lower-body bodyweight exercises except for what the physical therapist told me to do. This challenge I intend to work my way into lower-body bodyweight exercises while also doing upper-body bodyweight exercises. I plan to do a minimum of three 30-minute strength-training   workouts per week. If I do more, great, if I do less I lose points.

GRADING GOAL 2:  I will record my workouts on the spreadsheet available on the angry birds workout. Each 30-minute workout receives 1 point.  Six weeks x 3 workouts a week = 18 points. 15 > A,  12 > B,  9 > C, 6 > D, 3> F.

Worth: 2 STR, 2 CHA (increasing strength will increase weight loss and how I look on the outside.)

GOAL 3 BE ABLE TO COMPLETE 15 REGULAR PUSH-UPS. This is self-explanatory. I know this doesn’t sound like much but I haven’t exercised regularly for many years. So, right now I cannot do any regular push-ups on the floor. I can do 10 incline push-ups. I plan on working my way from incline, to knee push-ups, the regular push-ups.

GRADING GOAL 3: 15 (or more) = A; 12-14 = B; 9-11 = C; 6-8 = D; <6 = F.

Worth: 2 STR for A and 1 STR for B.

GOAL 4 LIFE: I read The Bible sporadically and have decided that this needs to become more regular. This challenge I will read a devotional and The Bible every day. 6 days a week. I will add a mark in my calendar each day that I read the devotional and Bible.

GRADING GOAL 4: 6 weeks x 6 days/week = 36 days in the challenge. 1 point per day completed.  >34=A; 31-33=B; 28-30=C; 25-27=D; <24=F

WORTH: 3 WIS, 1 CHA (Spending time in The Word of God is the main way to increase Wisdom, and inner peace which helps the inner beauty shine through.)

I am excited to start this challenge and love all the support from fellow Nerd Fitnessers!

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

STR 1, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 3, WIS 4, CHA 1

1st Challenge   2nd Challenge    3rd Challenge   Current Challenge

and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

I started my first morning workout. I wasn't able to finish the second set because I felt faint so I did a walking cool-down. Hopefully it will just take time for my body to adjust to (1)regular exercise and (2)doing that exercise in the morning first thing.

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

Yeah takes some time to get used to it, this challenge goes for 6 week so PLENTY of time yet! I found that after a week or so of exercising in the morning I seemed to have more energy throughout the day. 

Level 1 Adventurer :positive:

STR:6 I STA: 4 I CON: 3 I WIS: 2

Four workouts into this challenge and I have come to realize that my #3 goal is too high. I'm not sure what a reasonable goal is though. I want to eventually be able to do 15 regular push-ups but right now I am struggling with incline push-ups and keep having to resort to wall push-ups to complete my sets.

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

Hey Angel! Just checking in from team LEVEL UP! Nice goals.  I like how you've put possible points for the letter grades on each one.  I want to do that next time so my daily progress is clear.  How many reps/sets are you doing of push-ups?  2nd and 3rd sets for me are really tough.  It's like my arms can do x push-ups per day and that's it, regardless of how I split them up.  Maybe 15 knee push-ups would be reasonable? You still have other a month to get there so don't get discouraged!

Aerie - Level 4

Current Challenge

Hey Angel! Just checking in from team LEVEL UP! Nice goals.  I like how you've put possible points for the letter grades on each one.  I want to do that next time so my daily progress is clear.  How many reps/sets are you doing of push-ups?  2nd and 3rd sets for me are really tough.  It's like my arms can do x push-ups per day and that's it, regardless of how I split them up.  Maybe 15 knee push-ups would be reasonable? You still have other a month to get there so don't get discouraged!

Aerie, I got the idea on how to set up my goals for this challenge by looking at other people's goals during the last challenge. The last challenge (my first) was very loose when it came to evaluating my goals. As for my push-ups I kind of backed off a little today. Since I am following the Angry Birds workout (for the most part) I wanted to see if I could 40 wall push-up. I split it up into 3 set of 15 each. Now I know that I can do that I am going to try some combination of incline and wall push-ups in 3 sets. The last workout that  I did this (on Saturday) I did 9 incline & 10 wall for my first set and 8 incline & 10 wall for my second set. No third set because I have been getting very nauseated during my workouts. Right now I think I will try 5 incline & 10 wall for 3 sets. As for knee push-ups I have read several articles about how knee push-ups don't help in the progression toward regular push-ups because the body mechanics aren't the same. Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep trying to reach my goal!

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

I've been eating less than 50 grams of carbs since I went full primal at the end of April. I think my body has had enough. I have been unusually tired and angry at the world for the past 3 days. For the most part I have been able to keep it bottled in but I don't like being this way. According to Marks Daily Apple I should be eating between 50-100 grams of carbs to successfully lose 1-2 pounds/week. So, I guess I'll be adding some fruit to my grocery list toay.

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

Last week after adding more carbs I was feeling better and doing well. This week has been another story. I have had terrible gastrointestinal problems since Sunday. I have missed work and only been able to workout once. Since my diet is completely primal (basically paleo with dairy) I decided to test dairy and see if I may be lactose intolerant. Since changing my diet in April I was eating a plain Greek yogurt with mixed berries almost every day for a snack. I have cut that out to see if things improve.

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

I'm also experiencing some "technical difficulties" with moving to Paleo. I'm 14 days into a Whole 30 and while some times I feel amazing, other times I just feel like crap. If you don't think you're getting enough carbs, load up on veggies and make up the difference in fruit is my suggestion.  That way you stay primal.  I would also recommend to do what your body tells you (within reason) instead of what's strictly primal. If something is lacking (not mentally - I'm mentally lacking pizza, but that's different) you need to figure out what's best for you personally.

Keep at it ! =)

Keliswicked, level 6 half Hobbit/ half Dwarf Druid

Progress Log  ||  Fitocracy!  || 2 3 4 5 6

The end of this challenge has really fallen apart or at least some aspects of it. I have had major gastroentestinal issues for the last 2 weeks. I have tried to stick to paleo but some days all I could keep down was saltine crackers. I have been tracking my food except for this long weekend because we have been at a family reunion. I will restart the tracking tomorrow morning. Exercise seems to aggravate the problem, plus I have been very weak, so I have only exercised once in the last two weeks.

On the plus side, I managed to stay mostly paleo during the family reunion (since Thursday morning) except for 1 bite each of two different desserts.

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

I'm still struggling with some of the gastrointestinal problems, though they have lessened. I am working on adding prebiotics and probiotics to my diet to help ease the problem without going to a doctor.

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

So the last 3 weeks of this challenge were completely derailed by gastrointestinal problems. I stuck with the diet for the most part but the exercise came to a screeching halt.

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines