FluffyRin's Getting Settled Right

I'm so envious of your running times! Looks like everything is going great. I'm sure you'll get the kitchen cleaned soon!

Lvl. 3 Gnome

STR - 4.25/DEX - 2.5/STA - 6.25/CON - 5.5/WIS - 9/CHA - 7.25

Tumblr

Current Challenge / Challenge 2 / Challenge 1

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

I'm so envious of your running times! Looks like everything is going great. I'm sure you'll get the kitchen cleaned soon!

Aww - thanks! I spent last summer trying to work on my speed and it's finally starting to pay off a little.

You are rocking this challenge already! Great job. "See" you Saturday.

Thanks!  Can't wait.  :)

I also really like the website and the app Unf*ck Your Habitat. Similar concept it seems - I don't know anything about flylady - but I think UFYH is funny.

That sounds awesome.  I'm definitely going to check it out!

FluffyRin  --  Ranger (Level 4)

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4.5 | CON 10 | WIS 10 | CHA 6

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, Current

Week 1 / Day 4 Status:

Goal 1 (2/3): No outside yesterday - planning a run or bike when I get home from work.

Goal 2 (1/2): Decided to pass on strength this afternoon.  I'm feeling really tight behind my knees from my run on Wednesday, so I'm planning to do my strength before yoga tomorrow.

Goal 3 (1 treat): Had more cherries instead!

Goal 4 (3/7): Managed to finish up cleaning all the counters and getting the last few buckets of stuff put away!  It's so nice to have cleared off counters.  Now I just need to sweep up the floors.  :)

Outside of my goals, I've been really struggling with sleep lately.  We just got a new mattress and I think I'm having a little trouble adjusting to it...  It means I've been waking up tired, which usually means an extra cup or two of coffee (I'd been working really hard to stay to only one cup of coffee in the morning the last few months), and I've just been really bad about switching off my phone and protecting my bedtime routine.  During the move, we went for about 4 weeks without TV or internet, so we've been trying to get all caught up on the season endings we missed and I have been really lax about going over our usual "bed time" to squeeze in an extra show.  It's completely lame, but kinda important to my husband.  I'm just tired.  I'm hoping that we'll finish up the last show tonight and then we can get back to our routine.  I'm also hoping that the bed breaks in like the showroom one soon!  Anyway.  Mini-vent over.  :-/

I love the treat goal.  I try to do the same.  My downfall is the cheese drawer!  I can't just have one bite or piece.  Some fresh fruit or a small bowl of popcorn works.

The tv episodes at night kill me.  I get so excited about what's going to happen that I'll usually end up watching another.  It cuts into my sleep.  I hope you get better sleep soon.

Level 3 Half Orc Ranger (0%)

Current1st, 2nd, 3rd

That sucks that you're having a hard time sleeping. It makes it so much more difficult to stay on track with goals if you're tired and cranky. I'm sure you'll get caught up on sleep soon. Just try to stay focused and driven you've done great so far! Keep going strong!

Entice him to an early bedtime ;) then you'll both get to sleep at a good time AND connect a bit more than you can watching TV.
Works on my guy everytime. Otherwise I'd be trying to sleep while he watches 101 episode of crap television and he'd wake me up when he finally goes to bed.

Level 2 Ranger

CON 4 I WIS .75 I STA 1 I STR 4.5 I DEX 1 I CHA 2.5 

1st Challenge

2nd Challenge

Current Challenge

I love the treat goal.  I try to do the same.  My downfall is the cheese drawer!  I can't just have one bite or piece.  Some fresh fruit or a small bowl of popcorn works.

The tv episodes at night kill me.  I get so excited about what's going to happen that I'll usually end up watching another.  It cuts into my sleep.  I hope you get better sleep soon.

Yeah - summer fruit season has been a big help on this one.  I find without something around 8:00 or so at night I just wake up unreasonably early and hungry.

And YES!  Since it's all season finales, each episode builds so fast and it's hard to just say no.  That and they keep sneaking in super long episodes when we aren't looking.

That sucks that you're having a hard time sleeping. It makes it so much more difficult to stay on track with goals if you're tired and cranky. I'm sure you'll get caught up on sleep soon. Just try to stay focused and driven you've done great so far! Keep going strong!

Thanks Doctor... This morning was particularly rough.  I'm doing better now, though.

Entice him to an early bedtime ;) then you'll both get to sleep at a good time AND connect a bit more than you can watching TV.

Works on my guy everytime. Otherwise I'd be trying to sleep while he watches 101 episode of crap television and he'd wake me up when he finally goes to bed.

LOL! I used that trick last night after I was falling asleep on the couch.  Luckily with the end of the spring season, our shows are all up, so it should get a lot better.  :)

I have trouble with that "just one more episode," too! I usually make my cut-off an hour before my bedtime, so an extra episode actually means straight to bed, not to bed late.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

STR - 4.25/DEX - 2.5/STA - 6.25/CON - 5.5/WIS - 9/CHA - 7.25

Tumblr

Current Challenge / Challenge 2 / Challenge 1

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

ugh! tell me about it! I usually take my ipad to bed with me and just watch show after show after show!!! Just one more episode I keep saying to myself....I think that will be in my next challenge, go to bed device free! But I get it! It's good quality time with the husband to kick back and watch your fav shows! Hopefully you catch up soon and you get used to the mattress and get a full nights sleep!! best of luck!!! 

I have trouble with that "just one more episode," too! I usually make my cut-off an hour before my bedtime, so an extra episode actually means straight to bed, not to bed late.

That's honestly what we normally do - TV off by 9:00 so we can be pretty much ready for sleep by 10... lately, we've just been slackers.  Oh well - last shows are done, so hopefully we'll be back on track!

ugh! tell me about it! I usually take my ipad to bed with me and just watch show after show after show!!! Just one more episode I keep saying to myself....I think that will be in my next challenge, go to bed device free! But I get it! It's good quality time with the husband to kick back and watch your fav shows! Hopefully you catch up soon and you get used to the mattress and get a full nights sleep!! best of luck!!! 

I'm terrible about it when I'm home alone as well...  If he's out of town I'll inevitably sit down in front of the TV and blow a whole day saying "just one more show."  I really need to start putting a harder limit on the tube time.

Week 1 / Day 5 Status:

Goal 1 (2/3): Eek!  Failed on this one.  Was supposed to go after work, but just crashed as soon as I got home.

Goal 2 (1/2): Planned to do this one on Saturday morning before my yoga session for the mini-challenge.

Goal 3 (1 treat): Holding strong

Goal 4 (4/7): Cleaned up dog poop.  Sadly, that was truly a 15 minute task.  <hides in shame>

Week 1 / Day 6 Status:

Goal 1 (2/3): blergh.  Totally slacking on this.  Need to get it in soon!!

Goal 2 (1/2): Just completely didn't feel like it when I woke up and never squeezed it in after a bridal shower I had to go to.

Goal 3 (2 treats): Gave in and had a milkshake at dinner.  Ice cream is turning out to be my weakness, more than the cookies I was initially worried about.

Goal 4 (5/7): Did a bit of laundry, picked up the bathroom, and helped pick up the garage a bit.

Week 1 / Day 7 Status (so far):

Goal 1 (2/3): getting off my keister soon to go for a run.  Had hoped to go for a bike ride with husband, but not looking likely.

Goal 2 (1/2): Ack!  Might squeeze this in quickly before dinner?  I started off so well!

Goal 3 (2 treats): hopefully I'll make it through the rest of the night.

Goal 4 (6/7): Spent pretty much all day doing chores around the house.  Finished cleaning up the garage so that we can start unpacking tools, pulled weeds for a couple of hours (honestly tempted to call that strength, but won't cheat), laundry, kitchen chores, and finished unpacking the last box of books (WOOT!).

Ok.  Off to go start dinner and hopefully do a quick run.  Tootles!

Week 1 / Day 7 Status (final):

Goal 1 (2.5/3) and Goal 2 (1.5/2): I decided to kinda combine these on the fly.  I went out for my run and passed the neighborhood park.  So I swung into the park and did three circuits of a body weight workout (details below) and combined it with some sprints around the playground.  So I got to explore a new part of the neighborhood and still managed some strength.  Since I combined the workouts, though, I'll only count a half point for each goal.

Workout details:

Circuit 1: 15 inclined push-ups (used the rails for the playground steps - ~2.5 ft off the ground and focused on getting as low as I could get and extending all the way up); 8 inverted rows (there was only a really low bridge that worked, but I was able to pull all the way chest to bar on all of them); 20 pole squats; sprint

Circuit 2: 15 inclined push-ups; 10 inverted rows; 20 pole squats; sprint

Circuit 3: 15 inclined push-ups; 8 inverted rows; 20 pole squats (tried only using the pole at the very bottom of the squat); sprint

The run to/from the park was 0.5 miles.

Goal 3 (2 treats): No snacking last night!

Goal 4 (6/7): summarized last time.

Week 1 Summary:

Goal 1 (2.5/3): B

Goal 2 (1.5/2): C

Goal 3 (2 treats): A

Goal 4 (6/7): A-

Workout details:

Circuit 1: 15 inclined push-ups (used the rails for the playground steps - ~2.5 ft off the ground and focused on getting as low as I could get and extending all the way up); 8 inverted rows (there was only a really low bridge that worked, but I was able to pull all the way chest to bar on all of them); 20 pole squats; sprint

Circuit 2: 15 inclined push-ups; 10 inverted rows; 20 pole squats; sprint

Circuit 3: 15 inclined push-ups; 8 inverted rows; 20 pole squats (tried only using the pole at the very bottom of the squat); sprint

The run to/from the park was 0.5 miles.

I like the circuit.  Looks like fun.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

Solid week 1 performance.  Keep up the good work!

Thanks!  You too.

great work on week 1.  glad you got to explore a new area yesterday.  Hopefully you can find some really cool new places near you.

Yeah - it was a neat little park.  Now I just need to find the disc golf course that is supposedly right nearby too!

I like the circuit.  Looks like fun.

Thanks!  I tried to base it on the BBWW, but it was a nice change of venue from my basement.  :)

Week 2 / Day 1 Status:

Honestly, yesterday sucked.  I only got 2-3 hours of sleep and I was fighting uphill all day.

Goal 1 (0/3): After my run/circuit Sunday, just wasn't feeling it.

Goal 2 (0/2): See above.

Goal 3 (3 treats): Split a slice of peach pie with my man.

Goal 4 (0/7): Didn't even do dishes.

I woke up with a migraine today, but thankfully seemed to sleep a little better.  Dozed extra long this morning to help quash the brain pain.  Today will be better.  I'm determined.

I have no idea.  I was in bed by 9:30, but didn't really fall asleep until midnight, then woke up at 1:00, 2:30, and 4:00 - never fell back asleep after 4.  I haven't slept that poorly in over a year!  I'm going to try a bed-time yoga routine I used to use when on travel tonight... it would put me out like clockwork and helped me sleep shift.  Maybe that will help get me back into a sleeping groove.

Stupid sleep.  The less I sleep, the more stressed I get about sleep, which then makes me sleep less.  Must. break. cycle.

Ugh.  I hate days like that.  The hardest thing after that for me is to tie on the shoes and get moving again, but after about 10 mins the endorphins kick in and I settle back into the groove.  Bounce out.  you got it in you.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines