FluffyRin's Getting Settled Right

Week 2 / Day 2 Status:

Goal 1 (0/3): After work, I was still feeling pretty bleah, so no workout.  Must. Workout. Today.

Goal 2 (0/2): :-/

Goal 3 (3 treats): At least I'm on track with one of my goals!

Goal 4 (1/7): Did some dishes and deep cleaned the stove after dinner.  I really need to start stretching this one outside the kitchen.  Can you tell yet which room gets under my skin the fastest?

Last night, sleep reboot: Failed.  At this point, I'm giving up on trying to get back to my old schedule.  I'm just going to stay up a little later tonight to try and make my wake-up time a little less miserable for my husband and see how that goes.  Maybe I'll transition back once I get more settled into the new place, but fighting it is only stressing me out.

I guess the one bonus is that by waking up at 3:30 this morning, I was able to put out the milk jars that I forgot last night before the milkman showed up.  Little wins, right?  :)

FluffyRin  --  Ranger (Level 4)

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4.5 | CON 10 | WIS 10 | CHA 6

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, Current

Blah! Not a great start out to the week.  I know how awful migraines can be so you have a valid reason.  Keep up the good work from last week - 1 bad day doesn't dictate the rest of the week! Great job!

<gritting teeth> yes.  Yesterday was my last bad day.  Today will be better!

Ugh.  I hate days like that.  The hardest thing after that for me is to tie on the shoes and get moving again, but after about 10 mins the endorphins kick in and I settle back into the groove.  Bounce out.  you got it in you.

Sigh - yes.  I keep telling myself that, but fail to get out the door.  I did some yoga this morning since I was up super early and am feeling a lot better.  I think resigning myself to the new sleep schedule is going to be my best option for now.  I just need to figure out a way to make the most out of my extra waking hours!  :)

Tough start.  Sorry.  It happens to me every Sunday night to some degree.  I hate it.  I lay awake telling myself, just sleep already!  And I can feel my heartbeat racing.  I hope tonight goes better. 

Great first week!

Thanks for the encouragement.  Time to snap out of this funk.  :)

Week 2 / Day 3 Status:

Goal 1 (0/3): I have a fly fishing trip booked for Saturday and my husband mentioned he wants to get in a bike ride. So hopefully I'll still manage to eek this one out.

Goal 2 (1/2): I kinda slacked on this one - I need to find a better place in the house to do an upper body pull exercise - my dining table isn't stable enough and I don't feel like I get enough range of motion using the pool table.

Circuit 1: 20 pole squats (the first 7 I managed to go all the way down before needing the pole for balance to come back up); 20 knee push-ups; 8 inverted rows

Circuit 2: 20 pole squats (only made 3 before needing support); 20 knee push-ups; 3 inverted rows

Circuit 3: 20 pole squats (all with support): 14 knee push-ups (completely failed on 15 and had to roll over to get up); no inverted rows (was afraid of pulling the table over)

Goal 3 (3 treats): Didn't even do fruit last night.

Goal 4 (2/7): Lots of laundry.  Lots and lots of laundry. :)

You can also do rows with luggage/text books/whatever, if you can't find a place to do inverted rows. Better than nothing, even if not ideal. But way to come back from the beginning of the week!

Lvl. 3 Gnome

STR - 4.25/DEX - 2.5/STA - 6.25/CON - 5.5/WIS - 9/CHA - 7.25

Tumblr

Current Challenge / Challenge 2 / Challenge 1

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

Nice job and solid circuit.  For inverted rows, my wife uses my pull-up bar and puts her feet on the back/top of a dining room chair.  It keeps her mostly parallel and seems to work well.

Also, I'm jealous!  Fly fishing trip!  I've never been But i've been fishing plenty.

Level 3 Half Orc Ranger (0%)

Current1st, 2nd, 3rd

Go Team Laundry!

I was just glad I managed to get outside the kitchen for once.  Also did get quite a bit of laundry done... Now I just need to put together my dresser so I can put it away!  :P

I agree on the concerns of doing inverted rows with tables.  I choose to avoid it unless it is a huge conference table.  Good job on your progress.

yeah - it wasn't too bad until I started getting closer to straight legs.  Now it just feels right on that edge of tipping.

You can also do rows with luggage/text books/whatever, if you can't find a place to do inverted rows. Better than nothing, even if not ideal. But way to come back from the beginning of the week!

That is a good idea - I should hunt down what we have around the house that might work.  We do have some dumbbells around the house somewhere...

Nice job and solid circuit.  For inverted rows, my wife uses my pull-up bar and puts her feet on the back/top of a dining room chair.  It keeps her mostly parallel and seems to work well.

Also, I'm jealous!  Fly fishing trip!  I've never been But i've been fishing plenty.

Hmmm... I might have to try that.  Every time I put my weight on our pull-up bar I feel like I'm about to tear the trim down around our door frame.  I'm sure it's all in my head, but I just have this vision of crashing down.  I need to get over it and try.

I'm super excited.  I've actually never been either, but wanted to try for a while.  I told hubby we were going for my birthday.  :D

Week 3 / Day 4 Status:

Holy cow-monkies.  This week has flown by.

Goal 1 (1/3): Went for a really short run.  1.5 miles in 14:37.  There has been a ton of smoke settled around the city from the fires nearby and it wasn't very pleasant breathing.

Goal 2 (1/2): Rest

Goal 3 (4 treats): I got pressured into a cream puff for my birthday. Wasn't that great, but it was nice to celebrate.

Goal 4 (3/7): Vacuumed the lower level and dusted the book shelves.  Dusting / vacuuming are going to be much needed these next few days with the ash that has started to settle in the house.

Things in general: today is my birthday!  I'm super excited for our fishing trip this weekend.  It will be our first time up in the mountains since winter, basically, and I've been itching like mad to get out.  I can't wait.  Also, I've slept much better the last two days.  I switched up my pillow - wondering if that has been the issue all along.  I also noticed in the mirror this morning that my right shoulder seems out of place.  Like 2-3" lower and about an inch forward as compared to my left.  I probably need to make an appointment with the doctor for that (and should probably look in the mirror a bit more...).  

Happy Birthday!  Enjoy getting out this weekend.  We have a camping trip scheduled for July and it cannot get here soon enough.  Good job on the week and keep plowing forward.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

Happy Birthday!  Enjoy getting out this weekend.  We have a camping trip scheduled for July and it cannot get here soon enough.  Good job on the week and keep plowing forward.

Thanks!  I'm hoping we can get out for an overnight trip at some point this summer...

Happy birthday! Have so much fun!

Happy Birthday - Hope you had a great day.  (and that the sleep continues)

Hope you had a great birthday! Try to stay on track with your goals while on vacation! Enjoy :)

A belated happy birthday to you.  So how was the trip?  Did you catch anything?  Good luck on the new week!

Thanks everyone!  It was a great birthday.  The fishing trip was AWESOME!  We'd gotten a deal for a guided trip and I was a little worried they'd just take us to the easy, drive-in locations that tend to get really busy.  We got really lucky with our guide and he took us to a hike in location in a completely new area that I've never explored before.  The river was beautiful and both my husband and I caught several fish!  They were little tiny trout, but I had a blast!  Learned a bunch, spent several hours out in the beautiful mountains, and hardly saw anyone the entire time.  It was amazing.

I told the mister that we're definitely going to be going more often.  I'm hoping we can sneak in some fishing at least once a month.

Week 2 / Day 5 Status:

Goal 1 (1/3): Holding out for fishing!

Goal 2 (1/2): Resting up for tomorrow.

Goal 3 (4 treats): I actually passed on a treat on my birthday!  We were so stuffed after dinner that I really didn't even want anything.

Goal 4 (4/7): Got in some more laundry and picked up the bedroom.

Week 2 / Day 6 Status:

Goal 1 (3/3): I know this is kinda cheating, but I'm totally counting today as 2.  What I had expected to just be some wandering near the river for fishing turned into a 3 mile hike + 4 hours of fishing.  It was epic and it not only introduced me to a new hiking trail/area, but I definitely found a new hobby!

Goal 2 (1/2): See above.

Goal 3 (4 treats): I basically conked out after fishing.  No treats required.  :)

Goal 4 (5/7): Managed to get the lawn mowed and the bathroom cleaned before we left.

Week 2 / Day 7 Status:

Goal 1 (3/3): Rest

Goal 2 (2/2): Woot!  This hurt after fishing, but did the BBWW in the morning.  Forgot to write down my reps, though. :-/

Goal 3 (4 treats): Nothing last night either.

Goal 4 (6/7): Finally got my dresser all put together and was able to put all my clothes away.  Washed a few loads of laundry too.

Week 2 Summary:

Goal 1 (5.5/6): A-

Goal 2 (3.5/4): B

Goal 3 (4 treats): A

Goal 4 (12/14): A-

Definite improvement over week one - woot!

Happy belated birthday! You are doing MUCH better than I am at this challenge. Sorry I have not checked in. I have been out of touch with the world for a bit. I'm slowly finding civilization again. Keep up the good work.

chrisevans17, Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger
STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 4 | CHA 6

|Facebook|Twitter|Fitocracy|Runkeeper|Personal Blog|Podcast|Current Challenge|

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" ~MASTER YODA
Specialization is for insects. Do all the things!

looks like you had a great week 2.  Keep it up into week 3.

Thanks MLP!  :)

Happy belated birthday! You are doing MUCH better than I am at this challenge. Sorry I have not checked in. I have been out of touch with the world for a bit. I'm slowly finding civilization again. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for stopping by - I know how crazy things can get.  I appreciate the encouragement!

Week 3 / Day 1 Status:

Goal 1 (1/3): Went for a 30 minute walk with my husband and our pups.  Didn't really see any "new" parts of the neighborhood, but it's only the second time we've managed to get outside together since moving.  It was nice!

Goal 2 (0/2): Going to try for Tuesday/Thursday this week.

Goal 3 (5 treats): Gave in and ate some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.  They were mini, though, and I only had two!

Goal 4 (1/7): Hung some of our wall art that's been sitting around.  Drafted up a chore list and did another load of laundry.

Happy belated birhtday! Glad you had a good one.

A chore list and timer are good starts for the goal! You are well on the way

Thanks!  It's still a work in progress, but I'm getting there.  One step at a time.  :)

Week 3 / Day 2 Status:

Goal 1 (1/3): Did another walk, but it was the same little loop around our house.

Goal 2 (1/2): Did the BBWW using dumbbell rows.  Circuit style, 3x:

20 Pole Squats

5 Full Push-ups / 10 Knee Push-ups (total 15)

20 Static Lunges (20 each side)

20 11# Dumbbell Rows

30 second plank

Goal 3 (5 treats): No snacking.

Goal 4 (2/7): Hung a few more pictures and picked up the bedroom.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines