empeg9000 Challenge - Get Ready for the Beach!

This past weekend I did tons of gardening. I am trying to rest my shoulder by there was some sledge hammering going on. Not too much though. I also hauled tons of lumber so at least I feel like I had some good upper body work and I was really active. I have decided to give my shoulder a rest this entire week. I will be heading to Maine for 4 days on Thursday am anyway so that's fine.

Monday Am workout. As I decided last week I did a leg workout today.

GMB Warm-Up Routine

All exercises done as a circut, 3 sets, 60 seconds rest between sets.

Body Weight Squats - 3X30

Pistol Squats- 3X5 - each leg

Body Weight Squats - 3X10

Forward Lunges - 3X10 each leg

Side Lunges - 3X10 each leg

Chinese Squats - 3X10 each leg

GMB Cool-Down Flow

This is a really good workout and gets me sweating quite a bit. Tomorrow am I will try doing some plank work and I plan to commute to work by bike.

Starting my third week on the challenge my avg weight is down to 188.7. I am down 2lbs from the last challenge. My waist has dropped an inch already and I am down to a true waist measurement of 35".

I had a number of "Did you lost more weight?" comments last week. I have also lost a half inch on my upper thighs which is good. I still have some fat hanging on there. I also lost a half inch on my hips, also good. 

All of my other measurements have stayed the same so I am losing fat for sure. Even though I have had teh shoulder set back I do feel like I am doing pretty well on my challenge. I have been very disciplined on my diet.

Oh I completed another life challenge by completing a garden tote for Mrs Empeg. I made it entirely with hand tools. It took me a couple long evenings after work. It's a nice stress relief. I had a really crappy work week last week.

DSC_7686-M.jpg

I just need to put the finish on it. 

Check out my woodworking at peonywoodworks.

Beautiful!  I've got plans for a bench for the patio.  No hand tools for me, though.  They don't make enough noise. ;)

Thanks! Eh I think you might like it. I have lots of power tools but more and more I get more satisfaction from hand tools. The exception would be when dealing with large sheet stock or something like that. 

Yeah, honestly the idea does appeal... but if I pick up one more hobby the wife is going to kill me.  Maybe once I start finishing projects I'll reconsider...

shuuuuush!!!! It's the SAME hobby! I have actually starting turning out work on a fairly regular basis. 

Well today since I am still resting the shoulder and I did legs yesterday I did 3 sets of 20 mountain climbers and I have been doing a GTG on tuck and plank today. 

I was super busy and I didn't think I was going to get a workout in. However I finally sat down to watch the hockey game (awesome game by the way) so I decided if I had time for tv, I could do some leg work in front of it.

GMB Warm-Up Routine

GMB Cool-Down Flow

Whew. Now I feel better.

I am still here. I was away in Maine for 4 days. My diet was not great while there. I stayed with my in-laws and when you are a captive audience I eat what they have. I am not going to make them get special stuff for me. 

I have been working out still only legs. I tried to go back to paralettes on Tuesday and that was a big bag of fail. I did discover I can do plain jane push ups of I turn my wrists out a little so my elbows are really close to my body. I did 5 sets of 25. 

Monday and Wednesday

I haven't been on much because it's a total S**T show at work right now. I work on a computer all day and when I work late and it's terrible to boot I don't want anything to do with a computer. Hopefully it calms down soon.

Good call on just be gracious and eating what your in-laws offered. Awesome workout. I always turn my wrists out a bit when I do push ups, thought that was supposed to be how you did them

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Good call on just be gracious and eating what your in-laws offered. Awesome workout. I always turn my wrists out a bit when I do push ups, thought that was supposed to be how you did them

You are right you are supposed to. There is just something about when I am doing them on the paralettes right now, or anything when I am lowering my body and my elbows are going much past my torso that the tendon across the top is not at all happy. I am tired of doing no upper body work. I have been thinking about trying a chin and and see how that feels. 

You are right you are supposed to. There is just something about when I am doing them on the paralettes right now, or anything when I am lowering my body and my elbows are going much past my torso that the tendon across the top is not at all happy. I am tired of doing no upper body work. I have been thinking about trying a chin and and see how that feels. 

Sore tendon=frustrating. Taking it slow is a good recovery plan though. Tendons are one of those things that can become chronic

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Friday morning

Pushups - 5X20

Chin ups - 3X3 - suck at pull ups still...

I am going to do some GTG push ups today. I haven't done that in  a log time.

Monday Workout

I was finally able to get back to the paralettes and workout mostly pain free in the right shoulder.

• Warm-Up Routine

• Push Up One Arm Extension - 3X10 - I felt a little twinge here and there but it was okay overall.
• Tuck Swing to Dip -  3X10 
• Battle Rams V1 - 3X10
• Tuck Hold 3X 5 secs - Still trying to get those legs extended
• Mt. Climbers - 3X20
• Cool-Down Flow

It fel good to finally be back at it. Thre are a lot of shoulder exercises on Wednesdays workout and I am not sure I will be able to do them judging on how it felt today. I guess I will see.

This weekend I didn't workout but I did do a  lot of manual labor in the garder. I am building a couple large trellises for the raised beds for the tomato plants to grow up. Hemlock 4X4X10s and 2X10X12s are pretty heavy. Plus I hand cut all the joinery and the whole thing will go together without nails.

Okay so I had a little mishap today. Working out on paralettes. On my first set I am doing bent are bang leg hand stand. I have not previously been able to do these and frankly I have been a little chicken. Well today I decided to go for it. The first one went well and I actually held myself up there 10 seconds or so. The second one I get up there, start holding it and lost my balance. I fell forward and down and my shoulders crashed into the ends of the paralettes on the corners. They cut the heck out of the backs of my shoulders and scraped them all up. It's pretty uncomfortable and I had to put gauze all over them so I could put on a shirt for work. I feel like a complete dummy.  :neglected:

Okay so I had a little mishap today. Working out on paralettes. On my first set I am doing bent are bang leg hand stand. I have not previously been able to do these and frankly I have been a little chicken. Well today I decided to go for it. The first one went well and I actually held myself up there 10 seconds or so. The second one I get up there, start holding it and lost my balance. I fell forward and down and my shoulders crashed into the ends of the paralettes on the corners. They cut the heck out of the backs of my shoulders and scraped them all up. It's pretty uncomfortable and I had to put gauze all over them so I could put on a shirt for work. I feel like a complete dummy.  :neglected:

Ouch! Too bad you didn't have video, that might have made an epic entry for the video contest ;) 

Hope it heals soon

Yowzer!  Didn't someone just tell you to go easy on yourself???

Ouch! Too bad you didn't have video, that might have made an epic entry for the video contest ;) 

Hope it heals soon

Thanks! It would have made a good video for sure. Just the sound of the crash sprung Mrs Empeg from bed.

Yowzer!  Didn't someone just tell you to go easy on yourself???

I do seem to recall that the other day from someone??? :sorrow:

Here are some pictures of the carnage!

Left shoulder:

IMG_20130703_175948-L.jpg

Right shoulder a little worse:

IMG_20130703_175914-L.jpg

That sucker stings! I wore a bandage over them all day since even my shirt touching it hurts like a mo-fo!

Right one looks like a scar. A pretty cool scar, if I do say so myself.

Was your wife impressed with the carnage? Then it'd at least be worth it...[/quotenope not a scar. It's mostly because my back is fairly tan and that's must newly ripped open flesh.

I'm not sure if impressed is the proper word but she is glad it wasn't my face.

I think it looks like maybe you and Wolverine had a fight. Or maybe it was Nuala, the Robot Assassin. Ha, yea I bet Mrs Empeg wasn't very impressed.  Unless when your S.O. rolls your eyes at you and shakes their  head that means he/she is impressed.  ;) 

I think it looks like maybe you and Wolverine had a fight. Or maybe it was Nuala, the Robot Assassin. Ha, yea I bet Mrs Empeg wasn't very impressed.  Unless when your S.O. rolls your eyes at you and shakes their  head that means he/she is impressed.  ;) 

Nice!  My wife must be in a constant state of SUPER IMPRESSED.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Nice!  My wife must be in a constant state of SUPER IMPRESSED.

yep. I'm pretty sure thats what that looks means anyway :playful:

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines