So, here I am in an inn again...

Hi everyone, My wife first turned my attention to Nerd Fitness several months ago. We were looking for ways to eat and live healthier. Finally, about a month ago, we decided to just go all in with it. We've been making small, healthy changes and it has worked so far. Now, I've signed up for my first six-week challenge and here I am. Or rather, "I'm in an inn, surrounded by adventurers of all types. My journey has brought me to this place; who knows what lies ahead now?"

I've always been overweight and out of shape. I eat for comfort, because I'm bored, and--if I can get personal--I've also been diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder (so that, of course, doesn't help). I have a wonderful and supportive wife who does what she can to keep me on track, but I have to make this decision for myself. So here I am.

A little about me: I am a librarian, currently working as a high school Media Coordinator. Seeing that I'm here, I'm into all kinds of geeky stuff: technology, books, movies, but most of all games and gaming. I am an aspiring writer who's way behind on working on that aspiration. My favorite animals are otters.

I've been married for just over a year, and my wife is just as big of a nerd as I am. We love going to museums, playing games together, and shopping for new and unique foods to try. We love to learn from each other.

I love the outdoors. I go hunting at least once each year, I like playing outside, and I plan to take up archery this year. Part of my plan is to actually get outside more and enjoy more about the outdoors. I want to eat more healthy and natural foods. I have a severe sweet tooth, which makes that difficult. I love meat, which isn't a bad thing unless it manifests itself as eating massive burgers and huge platters of chicken wings (which it does).

I've always had problems with self-esteem and confidence. That's probably the area that I need the most help with. I look forward to making some great friends here and seeing my life improve vastly.

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR [5] DEX [4.25] STA [3] CON [4] WIS [6] CHA [6.25]

Current Challenge

My Introduction

"Blood and sweat washes away pain and fear."

Current Challenge Goals:

Welcome Sir,

Unfortunatly, we do not have otters here, but instead we offer a great community with the greatest people on ze interwebz. Welcome aboard. May your stay be fufilling and if I may ask, what kind of games do you play?

If ever you need anything, do not hesitate to ask ^^

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

I like RPGs in both video and tabletop gaming. For tabletop games, I enjoy dice games, deck-building/living card games, and cooperative games (games where players work as opposing teams are close enough to "cooperative" for me). I also enjoy games based around economics, such as Settlers of Catan.

Video games have been a lifelong love for me. Of course retro titles are a huge love. I would love to have a home arcade with the classic cabinets for Space Invaders, Galaga, Pac-Man, Frogger, and so many more. I also enjoy first-person shooters, fighting games, and espionage games (think Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, etc.).

I used to play Magic: the Gathering, but it's competitive to the point of not being fun anymore. I run the HeroClix events for our local comic shop (which works, because I love comics as well).

Basically, any game that's a quality title has my interest. I have my favorites, but I never turn down the chance to try a new game.

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR [5] DEX [4.25] STA [3] CON [4] WIS [6] CHA [6.25]

Current Challenge

My Introduction

"Blood and sweat washes away pain and fear."

Current Challenge Goals:

I still play MTG, along with my room mate, we find it fun and out of the ordinary. :)

That's awesome though :)

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

I just play casually also, but my room mate is pretty competitive. I've only started playing again like 6 months ago. Used to play as a "kid". I do sealeds and drafts only basically lol, I have an EDH deck too, but 90/100 cards aren't mine lol