Adventurer - Small Steps to Big Changes Team

Hey all, sorry about being MIA for the last week, it's been a struggle. I've stayed on track with the goals of not snacking at work and getting to bed early (Yay!!) but the running and working out hasn't gone well. (So far A's for no snacking and going to bed early, C on the running goal and an F on the strength training goal.) 

However, I'm not beating myself up over this. I've learned so much about myself over the past two weeks. First, the goals I set are things I want to be become HABITS. I've heard it takes 6 weeks to make something a habit, so I'm on my way to developing two new habits (and replacing old habits). I'll continue to work on the running and strength training, which are things I've been trying to develop as habits for the last year. If I haven't done it yet, it's probably not going to happen overnight. But I'm definitely going to keep working on it. I love running, I just don't always have the time or energy to go run. Strength training, so far I don't love. (Especially with a funny knee.) 

My last day at work is Wednesday and I'll have Thursday and Friday off. I'm definitely running one of those mornings - it's always my favorite way to start a day off. (I sleep in a little and then go run.) Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

level 1 Amazon. Scout at heart, training with the Adventurers.
STR 1 / DEX 1 / STA 2 / CON 4 / WIS 4.5 / CHA 4.5

Survived my weekend and fully enjoyed my kettle bell sessions.  Can recommend them if you have not tried them.  I've done a weekly catch up on my own thread, but bar one trip to vending machine I think I'm looking on track.

Husband home at last, so I'm looking forward to getting things back to a normal routine. Having another person to share baby duty should make my goals a lot easier. I've got an event with homeless ministries tomorrow, but other than that I'm hoping to get time to dance and clean, even if it's in shifts while husband and I tag team parent.

Anyone else got anything exciting goal-wise coming up this weekend?

Glad he is home, hopefully you can get him to help with the sorting

Hey all, sorry about being MIA for the last week, it's been a struggle. I've stayed on track with the goals of not snacking at work and getting to bed early (Yay!!) but the running and working out hasn't gone well. (So far A's for no snacking and going to bed early, C on the running goal and an F on the strength training goal.) 

However, I'm not beating myself up over this. I've learned so much about myself over the past two weeks. First, the goals I set are things I want to be become HABITS. I've heard it takes 6 weeks to make something a habit, so I'm on my way to developing two new habits (and replacing old habits). I'll continue to work on the running and strength training, which are things I've been trying to develop as habits for the last year. If I haven't done it yet, it's probably not going to happen overnight. But I'm definitely going to keep working on it. I love running, I just don't always have the time or energy to go run. Strength training, so far I don't love. (Especially with a funny knee.) 

My last day at work is Wednesday and I'll have Thursday and Friday off. I'm definitely running one of those mornings - it's always my favorite way to start a day off. (I sleep in a little and then go run.) Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

Life can take be a struggle but stick with it and together we will get you there.

I've found since starting the 6 week challenge I seem to be a lot more focused than I have previously been.  Thats see if we can all get there together.

Level 1 Rebel - A Wood Elf aspiring to be a Ranger

Level Up Your Life - read the book

24%
24%

Water drops cut through a rock, not because of their power, but because of their persistence

x-posted from my own thread

Day 10 through 17 - June 12 through June 19 Recap

Coming into this challenge I knew the second week would be my hardest week. The anniversary of my father's death fell smack in the middle and I knew it could make or break me for the rest of the challenge. In short, though I hadn't been on the site at all, no matter how down I was feeling, I was able to stick to my goals and did not go crazy with food as had been the norm in the past. Instead I tried to do positive things to combat how I was feeling; visiting the gym, taking a walk, taking the kids to the park and going down the slide with them - anything to keep my mind and my body busy. Where normally I'd visit restaurant after restaurant at this time of year, I stayed home, made my food, and fought the urge to drown my sorrows in food I know I shouldn't be eating.

I can't say things are back to normal just yet, but like each year, it does get a little easier if not better.

Patrick / KnRsDad

Level 1 Adventurer
Current Challenge | MFP
"Only those who risk going too far, can truly know how far one can go"

x-posted from my own thread

Day 10 through 17 - June 12 through June 19 Recap

Coming into this challenge I knew the second week would be my hardest week. The anniversary of my father's death fell smack in the middle and I knew it could make or break me for the rest of the challenge. In short, though I hadn't been on the site at all, no matter how down I was feeling, I was able to stick to my goals and did not go crazy with food as had been the norm in the past. Instead I tried to do positive things to combat how I was feeling; visiting the gym, taking a walk, taking the kids to the park and going down the slide with them - anything to keep my mind and my body busy. Where normally I'd visit restaurant after restaurant at this time of year, I stayed home, made my food, and fought the urge to drown my sorrows in food I know I shouldn't be eating.

I can't say things are back to normal just yet, but like each year, it does get a little easier if not better.

My condolences. I'm glad to hear you're using this as an inspiration to do something positive in your life.

Glad that you've coped and stuck to your goals.

On track this week for no vending machine and 4 training sessions. No painting done yet but still three days to go.

24%
24%

Water drops cut through a rock, not because of their power, but because of their persistence

End of Week 3, day 5 and no vending machine food and just completed my 4th training session so a big tick for this week.  Just need to do some painting at the weekend and do a row.  How's everyone else getting on?

24%
24%

Doing well. A little behind on workout goals thanks to my anniversary celebration, but I should be able to make that up tonight.

Wonder how the rest of the team is doing.

Hope you had a good celebration.  

No painting or rowing for me yet today but the weekend is still young

24%
24%

I'm not staying on top of this challenge as much as I had hoped, but honestly, I'm doing a lot more because of this challenge. I might not be checking in that much, but I still feel the weight of accountability and I know you guys are wondering how the rest of the team is doing. 

I'm already thinking of what my goals will be for the next challenge. I'm also thinking that from Spring to Fall I'll be a Scout (running) and in the winter I'll be an Assassin. Their challenges seem so cool. I love the idea of working out through just using body movements. 

Anyone else have future plans? 

level 1 Amazon. Scout at heart, training with the Adventurers.
STR 1 / DEX 1 / STA 2 / CON 4 / WIS 4.5 / CHA 4.5

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines