Smurray coming back into the fold

smurray

Cool rake! Very creative! 

How goes this week?? Get any pull ups in?? 

Pull ups? No; Dangling from a bar?  Yes

I did make it down to the basement at the office and got in a few sets of inverted rows this week.  I am planning on getting another round today on my way to the gym.  It is a lot easier to knock it out down in the basement than waiting on equipment people use for another exercise at the gym.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

Sorry for the delay.  This past week has been a little crazy.

First off the grades.

Diet goal 1 on eating veggies  B.  I did pretty good during the week, but the weekend was full of surprises and some veggie-less meals were around.

Diet Goal 2 on losing weight   B.   I was surprised with this result.  I am still on track and only have two lbs to go.  It is cutting it close but I was able to go down a notch on the belt this week.

Exercise Goal on strength      A.   I concentrated more on this goal and got in more strength exercises.  My push ups were between 50 and 60 per work out and I was able to sneak to the basement for inverted rows a couple of times.

Improvement goal for GMAT.  D.  I studied a little on Monday and then had to rest the brain.  it was too much going on after work this week for it to be a normal week.

Creative goal                          F.   I had something planned, but was too worn out to even think about starting it.  I am planning on making up for it this week.

This past week has been the busiest week since beginning the challenge.  I had a 15 yr wedding anniversary on Thursday, a big birthday party to go to and camping in the backyard  on Saturday and a Baptism and going to the movies on Sunday.  All event had eating of bad things included.  I was really surprised to see that I had lost weight when I stepped on the scale.  

Saturday morning, I did get up early and had an extra long workout in the gym which included a full strength training and a full run.  I think that helped in getting the metabolism going in full gear before the birthday party. 

This week has gotten off to a decent start and hopefully and can drop those final two pounds this week to have clear sailing into the finish for goal 2.

Challenges:

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

Congrats on the anniversary!

It sounds like you'll hit you weight goal with time to spare. Good job! Weekends are always a little tougher, that's why "cheat" days were invented. Don't be too hard on yourself. Same goes for the creative goal and studying, you had a lot going on and you prioritized as you should have.

I think I will participate in another challenge, this has been fun. :)

Level 2 Ranger

CON 4 I WIS .75 I STA 1 I STR 4.5 I DEX 1 I CHA 2.5 

1st Challenge

2nd Challenge

Current Challenge

I'm already planning my goals for the next challenge! Something about running faster, doing handstands, & combatives training. I'm probably going to continue my GMAT studying goal, since I still have a ways to go to prep for the test. Any ideas what your goals will be next time around? 

Level 1 Avatar

'That's all I've got. It's pretty much my whole identity. Dr3wcifer: the meat and sarcasm guy.'

The Avatar's current 6WC

Run 30min 4x/wk     |     Stretch 30min 4x/wk

^^ What HOD said.  You're making great progress and you managed to prioritize your goals on a busy week, which is half the battle.  Good job staying on track with your fitness goals and can't wait to see the new project!

I've started thinking about the next challenge already!  I'm definitely in and I'm down for keeping up with the accountabilibuddies.  Whoever gets there first should just start a group on the spreadsheet once the new one opens up.  :)

FluffyRin  --  Ranger (Level 4)

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4.5 | CON 10 | WIS 10 | CHA 6

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, Current

Good job smurray!  It's nice to be so close to achieving a goal.  Wow, you were busy last week.  Good luck this week.

I'm in for the next challenge.  I think this really helped me and it's been fun watching everyone else's goals unfold and having stories told.  Goal setting and posting results seems such a simple thing but it really kept the motivation high.  So much better than trying to do it all on my own.

Level 3 Half Orc Ranger (0%)

Current1st, 2nd, 3rd

yea you've done great! And good job on loosing weight! that's a big accomplishment in itself if you haven't been as attentive to your other goals.  And also congrats on the wedding anniversary that's huge!

I'm doing another challenge and would total down to keep ya'll as accountabuddies!  You seem like a good group  

Update.

Goal 1  B:  A few meals were a little off, but for the most part, doing ok.  I think in next round of goals I need to look at portion control.

Goal 2 C:  No weight loss, but no weight gain.  Still needing to knock the last 2 off the scale.

Goal 3  B:  Since this is both 50 push ups and a pull up, it is a challenge for me to get both done.  I did a test this morning and I was able to knock out 50 pushups in one set, so score on the push ups.  The pull up is still not there, but with a few more pounds off I will have it back.

Goal 4  B:  I got some studying in, but I think I am to the point of wanting to take the test to get it over with.

Goal 5 A-:  Two projects done this week.  One needs a little tweaking, but it is off to a good start.

WP_20130704_007.jpg

I got the retaining wall blocks from my brother and the sand and gravel were left over from one of my dad's projects.

WP_20130708_002.jpg

The cup and saucer is from a grocery store set my grandmother bought years ago.  It need a little work on the balance, but it will be a fun piece for the garden.  I may repurpose this one to the top of a stake and try again with another pair.

Challenges:

I'm already planning my goals for the next challenge! Something about running faster, doing handstands, & combatives training. I'm probably going to continue my GMAT studying goal, since I still have a ways to go to prep for the test. Any ideas what your goals will be next time around? 

I think I will continue moving forward with what I have going right now.  I will have my GMAT completed and will probably replace it with another studying goal.  I have a good bit of weight to lose, so I will reset the 10lbs goal.  I will set the other one depending how the rest of my goal finish.

Challenges:

Cool projects! I love the saucer one!  very creative! And will make for some happy birdies. 

You've still got another week for weight loss and pull up goals.  Don't push yourlsef too hard (that how I ended up needing shoulder surgery... damn pull ups) but maybe a last week push will get you there!!  

I guess it is time for wrap up.   I must say this past week was one of the harder weeks since we had family vacation and I was out of my routines.  I was able to achieve some of my weekly goals before the trip, but not all.  Here is the breakdown:

Goal 1 of fruits and veggies at meals= A:  It was pretty easy since we went camping.  We brought a lot of fruit and veggies for eating raw and cooking throughout the trip.

Goal 2 to lose 10 lbs during  the six weeks= A:  Shaved off the last of the lbs before the trip.  The biggest challenge was to keep them off during the trip.  Not sure if that happened, but this next week is to recover from vacation.

Goal 3 exercise 3 times a week  at the gym= C:  I missed one day out of the three, but we stayed pretty active while camping.  Also I did not attempt the pull up.  I wasn't ready and my shoulder needs some more conditioning to keep from getting hurt.  Earlier in the challenge, I just gave the pullup a test run to see how much I had left, and I got a "twinge" as if something move out of place.  I didn't want to entirely sideline myself, so I decided to concentrate more on the pushups and losing weight, but still keeping the inverted rows for conditioning.  Maybe the next challenge we can see the pullup.

Goal 4 Study for GMAT = D:  I was too busy getting ready for camping.  I am making up for it this week since the test is next Monday.

Goal 5 Make something out of reclaimed material = B:  we couldn't find jiffy pop anywhere for the camping trip, so I used some leftover aluminum wrap and a pan to make our own "healthier" version of jiffy pop.  Light salt and no butter.

150902_10151828527857577_1600408577_n.jp   1045057_10151828527927577_985659194_n.jp

Three nights in the wood can really wear you out, but we had a great time. 

The final score for this challenge:

Goal 1:  I did pretty good with adding produce to the meals, except for weekends.  Next time, I do need to build in cheat days and work on portions.   B 2/3 CON

Goal 2:  Lost 10 lbs during the challenge!  1/1 CHA   1/1 STA     1/1 DEX  

Goal 3:   Good average on visiting the gym  1/1 STA      Achieved the pushup goal, but not the pullup goal  1/2 STR

Goal 4:  I studied, but did not hit my goals of how often.  The true test will come next Monday.  2/3 WIS

Goal 5:  Did well at carving out some time to be creative.  1/1 WIS and 2/2 CHA

Total is  12/15 challenge points.

I guess it is time to update the signature.

Challenges:

Great job this challenge!  10lbs is amazing progress!  And that jiffy pop alternative is brilliant.  I'm totally stealing that idea for our backyard campfires.

I'm so impressed with your challenge - you had some really aggressive goals and nailed it.  Can't wait to see what you do next challenge!  Good luck on your test next week.  :)

FluffyRin  --  Ranger (Level 4)

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4.5 | CON 10 | WIS 10 | CHA 6

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, Current

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines