One feature I love about the Nerd Fitness community

As evidenced by the "What type of nerd are you?" thread, there are many many many many

many many types of nerds.

Part of nerd-dom (nerdness? nerdaciousness? nerdocity?) connotes self-loathing; sometimes this is a motivational factor and a good thing. Sometimes, however, the motivation is to tear down others for their more extreme forms of nerd(insert suffix here) rather than to improve oneself. That described my (internal, not external) attitude toward LARP'ers, anyone who watched any anime ever, the kid in the video linked to by the last "many", and anyone who played Pokemon cards. For arbitrary reasons, these were "more" nerdy than my habits of D&D, all-night Starcraft games, and pointing out that the comma ought to go before the quote in that last "many" I wrote last sentence.

It's been a breath of fresh air, however, to see hobbies I've previously thought of derisively mentioned here, because I admire the people who engage in them---precisely because they're here and want to improve their lives. I'll stop before this becomes a wall of text, but I just thought I'd note my change in perspective---and, hopefully, warn those who might secretly hold themselves above "the common nerds" here. There's no place for that in the Rebellion.