Kenobi's: Keep Moving Forward & GET DIRTY Challenge

Woot -sweet.  You are counting these for our mini challenge-right?

That was one thing that I enjoyed doing (gained alot from them) yet hated trying to keep up with was the mini-challenges.  But I'll put my chips in on this one for my fellow peeps!

175 Pushups & 3 Pulls so far. 

No. He's only counting the pull-ups... or nothing at all. ;)

Sorry about the sleep.

24239110.jpg

Sorry, Wolver-pedo... I'm counting both!  Haha.  Thanks for backing me up with the sleep thing, I know you know...

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

So 200 Pushups and 22 Pulls.  Not bad for a GtG day...

TODAY  I was able to hit my goal of doing sprints/mountain biking/ or other activity in that goal category.

I did my 7mile mountain bike circuit that I started doing 2 years ago.

I'm pretty happy with my first time out.  I didn't do the mountain bike circuit last year due to the newborn.  So, it felt good to get back on it.

My time was 31min 27sec.  Not bad considering my fastest time when the warm season ended back in 2011 was 30.02 and when I started out that year is was 45min.

I tried to do a 25meter sprint after doing to bike circuit...hahaha...it was pretty funny.  My legs were so jelly like I don't even know if I could call it a sprint!  hahaha.  At least I tried.  Note to self - choose ONE of those exercises to do... haha.

:::sighs:::  You know, kids, it kinda sucks when your sleep continually gets interrupted by the chill'ns not sleeping.  (all yous 'rents holla atcha boy...)

Yeah.. I remember those days, and not very fondly.  Congrats on doing such a great job with your workouts, despite being so sleep deprived.  :)

At least the whole sleep thing is temporary.  At some point in that 1-2 year old range, they generally start sleeping through the night more and more often. 

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Gotta love all the Rebellion love that I get!

So, I was up every two hours last night.  Partly because it was soooo damn hot in the house and mostly because our son ran a nice 101+ temp last night and woke up around 2am throwing up.  Momma didn't get much sleep at all, so I called in sick to try and help her out.

So, since I slept in a little bit after things began to calm down, and was a little late to the party for my workout, I decided to improvise and adapt.

"Good!  Adaptation, Improvisation...but your weakness is not your technique" says Morpheous.

I decided to GTG my workout.  Hahaha. 

25 Pushups, 5 Pull Ups, 10 FBW Squats and a 45sec plank in a circuit.

I did this four times today.

So, 100 Pushups, 20 Pull Ups, 40 FBW Squats and 3min worth of planks.

I think you should add in some sit-ups or something.  And add them to the "Team Reps" mini-challenge column.  I am suggesting for purely selfless reasons... just care about your core, bro. ;)

Sending good thoughts your way.  My entire family got taken out by a norovirus a few weeks ago. NOT FUN.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Gotta love all the Rebellion love that I get!

So, I was up every two hours last night.  Partly because it was soooo damn hot in the house and mostly because our son ran a nice 101+ temp last night and woke up around 2am throwing up.  Momma didn't get much sleep at all, so I called in sick to try and help her out.

So, since I slept in a little bit after things began to calm down, and was a little late to the party for my workout, I decided to improvise and adapt.

"Good!  Adaptation, Improvisation...but your weakness is not your technique" says Morpheous.

I decided to GTG my workout.  Hahaha. 

25 Pushups, 5 Pull Ups, 10 FBW Squats and a 45sec plank in a circuit.

I did this four times today.

So, 100 Pushups, 20 Pull Ups, 40 FBW Squats and 3min worth of planks.

Double bonus points CHA to you for calling in sick and helping out with your sick little one. Awesome GTG workout. Amazing how much you can accomplish small chunks.

On the core work, actually static poses are much better for your core then doing reps-keep it up with the planks :)

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I think you should add in some sit-ups or something.  And add them to the "Team Reps" mini-challenge column.  I am suggesting for purely selfless reasons... just care about your core, bro. ;)

Sending good thoughts your way.  My entire family got taken out by a norovirus a few weeks ago. NOT FUN.

Double bonus points CHA to you for calling in sick and helping out with your sick little one. Awesome GTG workout. Amazing how much you can accomplish small chunks.

On the core work, actually static poses are much better for your core then doing reps-keep it up with the planks :)

Oh noooooooooooooo!  I'm getting pulled in two different directions.  Wolverpedo, why u make it look like I'm opposing you?  Hahahahaha.

Thanks guys.  :victorious:

I missed my morning elliptical work today....grrrr... BUT I'm going to see if I can sneak it in before dinner.  Little man is still not doing so well (hence me missing my morning elliptical work).  We've noticed another tooth cut through, so we think this could very well be teething related...

In all honesty, I could have gone with my original plan and gotten my lazy time-lord gluteous maximus out of bed, but interrupted sleep makes a wuss out of me.

Total for today:  7 @ 25.  175 Pushups today.

Wierd...I felt every...single...one...of them.  And for every set, the last 10 were hard.

It's probably from being tired from the prior night...but the push up sets felt the same on monday too.

I've put on a few pounds in the last few weeks and I am hoping that this few lbs upward trend is from my workouts, not from diet.  I've had a few sweets, but  haven't been stupid. (pleeease please please let this be muscle mass....?)  I do feel heavier compared to the week before. 

Oh well, I'll stay the course.  :victorious:  Oh...and a 30sec Pushup Postion Plank for the current challenge, plus 3 @ 5sec holds but I don't know what to call them.  I pushed and held myself above a chair, as if I was sitting in the air.  However I couldn't get my legs to stay at the 90 degree bend at the waist and at the knees, so I was more tucked in...  name for this...anyone?

edit:

I can't remember teething time with much fondness TBH. Incessant grizzling and pain. Thank God it comes in waves. 

I know, right?

You talking L-sit on a chair with legs lower than parallel to the floor?  Like this-ish?

Yeah, sort of, except my knees were bent more and my thighs were slightly above parallel to the floor

Adapt and Improvise!

So I got Monday's workout in through the GTG method.  Wednesday I missed the eliptical, wasn't able to fit it in, neither was I able to recover it thurs or friday.  Took friday off from GTGing the pushups - my shoulders were really tight.

Yard work today and 150 pushups (6 @ 25).  I think I'm good.

I'm going to see if I can sneak out tomorrow morning for a quick father's day mountain bike ride.  We'll see.

Oh, and my Father's day present is pretty awesome.

Check it out!

I got it in the darker grey.

so, i came to work and found out I had a half day today due to some employees being gone the rest of the week (my normal 1/2 day on every other wednesday was switched).  So...i only did 1 set of 25 pushups at work.

came home, did my 'dynamic warm up' which was as follows today:

1min speed rope

25 Jumping Jacks

10 FBW Squats

10 FBW Lunges/leg

10 Cross over arm swings

10 Hip Extension

8 Hip Rotations/leg

10 Small Arm circles forward & backward

10 Large to Small arm circles forward & backward

10 Forward Leg Swings

10 Rear Leg Swings

10 Side Leg swings

10 Shoulder dislocations

1min speed rope

25 Pushups

20 spiderman steps (10per leg)

(sweating by this time... did everything except the pushups and spidermans outside in the idaho heat!)

3min break

6 Pull Ups, 8 Lunges w/55lbs added (4per leg), 15 Pushups, 35sec plank

1.5min break

5 Pulls, 8 Lunges w/55lbs, 14 Pushups, 35sec plank

1.5min break

4 Pulls, 8 Lunges w/55lbs, 15 Pushups, 35sec plank

3min break

5 Pulls, 8 Lunges w/55lbs, 13 Pushups, 35sec plank

3min break

4 Pulls, 8 Lunges w55lbs, 15 Pushups, 35sec plank

With the lunges, I have to do an overhead press and then lower it onto my shoulders to get it into proper position for the lunges and then do the same thing to put it down...  so 10 overhead presses too i guess

6min break

9min cool down stretching.

Done..... soooo done.  I think I did an extra set in there for a total of 6...i was going pretty hard but honestly, I don't remember.  hahaha.  all i know is that i was dripping sweat and shaking.

122 pushups so far...

24 pulls

40lunges x 55lbs

almost 3min worth of planks

10overhead presses @ 55lbs.

I plan on putting in some more pulls and pushups today.

:victorious:

Did another set of 25 pushups, then did a set of 3 to round the number out to 150 for the day.

Did another set of 4 pulls and one of 2 pulls for an even amount of 30 pulls for the day.

Other than that, I've got that lovin' DOMS feeling today... hahahaha

Sorry for the late replies, guys!

How's the leg work going?  Pushing yourself there too?

Yes, I did squats/lunges tues & weds working through the DOMS and adding to the challenge numbers.  :-)

Nice workouts!

Thanks man!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines