Blazedge's 6 Week Challenge #1

Blazedge

Good day fellow Monk Rebels!

Thus begins a new chapter in my life; the first day in my fitness supremacy! This also marks the first day that I've posted on NF, hence the first day of my NF self-proclamation, and the first six week challenge that I am taking part in! It's been a busy Monday, so far and it's only noon where I'm from lol! As this is a post to announce my six week challenge goals I'll spare everyone the details of my life for now (in this post, anyway). We all have to begin chasing their goals from the starting line, and my starting line consists of the following:

Goal #1: Acquire the Rebel Strength Training Guide (Deluxe Edition) and use its knowledge to put together a fitness schedule that fits within my schedule and compliments my lifestyle.

Goal #2: Perform half an hour stretching sessions five times per week.

Goal #3: Wake up early before work three times per week and perform the current form that I'm working on within my martial art, over the time of 45 minutes each time.

My base stats are as follows: STR-2; DEX-3; STA-2; CON-2; WIS-3; CHA-3. Of course I have no real idea to know if these 'accurately' describe me within a number system, but given the limitations of the 15 starting points, I suppose it is as accurate as it can be.

With these goals in place, I figure I'll have a pretty exciting six weeks. I look forward to the challenge and towards an even healthier lifestyle.

Good luck to all the six week challenge participants, and even more, cheers to focused training.

Blazedge

Blazedge

Lv.2 MONK <Str: 4, Dex-5, Sta-4, Con-3, Wis-6, Cha-4>

Knowing is not enough, you must apply......

......Willing is not enough you must do -  Bruce Lee

Good luck to you too Blazedge!

Perhaps I´ll get the deluxe guide too if you get good results, so keep us updated =P. 

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

Thank you JediJem & Zuel. The martial arts I am currently studying are Wing Chun & Shaolin Kung Fu. The class I am attending combines the two, so there is a great fitness workout to compliment the Wing Chun. I will definitely keep everyone updated on the results of the deluxe guide.

Blazedge

Good luck, dude! What forms are you working on?

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog

Thanks Spider-Dan. I am currently working on Sil Lim Tao. I've just completed a belt exam testing me on performing that form for 45 minutes. I passed the exam, but I want to keep up with practicing that form consistently for that length of time, and really perfecting all of the movements, if that is at all possible. Everyone seems to have their own idea of perfection when it comes to this martial art (it could be like this in all of them, but this is the only one that I've been training). With that said, achieving perfection is probably not likely, as the learning, training and evolution of the martial art will always be flowing forward; I just simply want to try to keep up lol! 

Blazedge

Man, but kung fu forms are just so cool. They really are. Not to talk down to any of the arts, but that aspect of it is something I kind of miss, having transitioned from a traditional approach to a more modern one. And doing it for 45 minutes? Dang, son.

Anyway, I like that goal of using the RSG to complement your life. That's the whole point of training after all. We train so that we can do our lives better. Good luck, and I hope it happens for you.

Yes I agree Kishi! The forms are pretty cool, and after going through the Sil Lim Tao I feel so full of chi that I'm ready to explode!!

The RSG sounds like it holds a lot of promise, and I can't wait to dig into it. I'm sure I'll be able to structure a good, intense work out that will only help to increase the quality of my life in a health/fitness/monk sort of way!

Thank you and good luck to you as well on your challenge!

Blazedge

Good evening everyone!

Quick update on the first week of my first challenge:

I've acquired the Rebel Strength Guide and have been learning the wisdom it has to offer! I've structured together a good workout plan using the 'Body Weight Brigade' workout recommendations. I've also begun choking back more food to assist in gaining weight, as per the 'Operation: Bulk Up' guide. Gaining weight wasn't part of my challenge goals, but it will be a great assist, nonetheless. I'm not looking to gain much weight, but I want to ensure that I am not losing anymore weight as I work towards building muscle. I lost a lot of weight since I began kung fu, that I'd like to gain some of that muscle back.

Also I've successfully met my training goals for week #1, of stretching and 45 minute Sil Lim Tau form practice! I am also on par so far this week, so everything is shaping up good!

Blazedge

Good to read your are doing great! I´m tempted about buying the guide myself. But I´m good for the moment. I´m envious of your current state: looking to gain weight.

Now go for a successful second week. Rock on!

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

Thanks for the support & encouragement; such a great group of people!!

Good luck with the bulk! Here's hoping it's more functional weight than non!

I agree with you Kishi, and it is something that I am concerned about as well, as the RSG had mentioned that it is a likely scenario. Its something that I will definitely be keeping an eye on, and will most likely be regulating my daily intake accordingly. I'm looking to gain muscle, and not any other type of mass; with that said, I'll use these next couple of weeks to identify what type of gain I get with my current workouts, and go from there. I haven't religiously been doing any type of calorie tracking, but even early on in in the process I can see why it is highly recommended to do just that.

Blazedge

Thanks Thunderneath! I'm always up for an awesome quest; especially when it includes martial arts & working out!! I am absolutely having a blast with the WC/Shaolin; problem is, we are focusing on flexibility right now, and I am a little behind the 8-ball in terms of where I 'want' to be....hence my choice to include stretching in my six week challenge. It'll come with consistency!

Blazedge

Good morning & happy Monday to all my fellow rebels!

My first six-week challenge has been completed. Though I didn't grade 100% on meeting my goals, I did manage to accomplish them within reasonable success. To reiterate and present my final grading, my goals were as follows:

Goal #1: Acquire the Rebel Strength Training Guide (Deluxe Edition) and use its knowledge to put together a fitness schedule that fits within my schedule and compliments my lifestyle.

Goal #2: Perform half an hour stretching sessions five times per week.

Goal #3: Wake up early before work three times per week and perform the current form that I'm working on within my martial art, over the time of 45 minutes each time.

My base stats were as follows: STR-2; DEX-3; STA-2; CON-2; WIS-3; CHA-3.

Results of my goals:

Goal #1: The guide has been acquired and I have used it's printed wisdom to put together a good beginner workout plan, that I train three days a week. 10/10

Goal #2: The stretching has remained fairly consistent throughout the six weeks. Though not always the desired half an hour for five times a week, I still managed to meet this at least 80% and my flexibility has noticeably improved        because of it. 8/10.

Goal #3: Waking up early and performing the Sil Lim Tao Wing Chun form began good, but fissiled out towards the end. This was mainly due to time restraints, but is not an excuse. I will reward myself 5/10.

Final tally: 23/30 = +12 stat points.

Not too bad. Not the greatest. I will have to make a point of buckling down even harder for the next challenge, and go for 100% goal completion. Any gain/improvement is just that, and I am seeing increases in my workout strength and flexibility. With that said, I suppose you could say that I stayed fairly true to the path that I set for myself, though it was walked crooked at times, as opposed to straight :peaceful:

My point distribution will be as so:

STR-2 (+2); DEX-3 (+3); STA-2 (+2); CON-2 (+1); WIS-3 (+3); CHA-3 (+1)

NEW STATS:

STR-4; DEX-5; STA-4; CON-3; WIS-6; CHA-4

Blazedge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines