Wayne_Kent_Seago Challenge 2: Electric Bugaloo

This is my second challenge, and I am ready to get started. I have selected 4 goals that will build on what I did during the first challenge and will help my personal and professional development:

1. Do Angry Birds workout at least 3x per week (STR 4)
A= 3x

B= 2x

C= 1x

F= 0x

2. Do Couch to 5K (using iPhone app) at least 3x per week (STA 4)

A= 3x per week

B= 2x per week

C= 1x per week

F= 0x per week

1. Stay under 2,000 calories (gross cals, not total after working out) 6 days per week (measured using Lose It app) (CON 3)

A= 36 days

B= 27 – 35 days

C= 18 – 26 days

D= 9 – 17 days

F= 0 – 9 days

1. Schedule at least 2 networking/professional development events a week (CHA 2, WIS 2)

A = 12 event

B= 9 – 11 events

C= 6 – 8 events

D= 3 – 5 events

F= 0 – 2 events

I felt so great after the last challenge, and I am excited about pushing myself to run, which admittedly is not my favorite thing to do, but will be beneficial for me in the long run.

I can’t wait to get started! Let’s do this!

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

So?  Anything to report?  How have your goals been going so far?

So far so good. I never thought of myself as a runner, but I am enjoying the Couch to 5K. Well, I don't like the running, I like the feeling of accomplishment when I finish it. Angry Birds is harder than it appears when you read about it. I did the beginner bodyweight workout for the last challenge, and AB is every bit as challenging.

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

And now for my results:

This was my second challenge, and was a lot tougher than my first. Last time, I gave myself one workout 3x per week and then walking the other days. This time, I pushed to do both the Angry Birds workout 3x per week and the couch to 5K app workouts 3x per week with only one rest day week. It went well for a while, but in the last two weeks of the challenge, I did not push to finish strong.  Here’s how I did:

1. Do Angry Birds workout at least 3x per week (STR 4)

I averaged 2x per week (2 times in weeks 1,3,6; 3 times in weeks 3 and 5; and only once in week 4). That gives me a B and 3 for STR

1. Do Couch to 5K (using iPhone app) at least 3x per week (STA 4)

I also averaged 2x per week on this workout (3 times in weeks 1, 3, 4; 2 times in week 2; and 1 each in weeks 5 and 6). That is also a B and gives me 3 STA

1. Stay under 2,000 calories (gross cals, not total after working out) 6 days per week (measured using Lose It app) (CON 3)

This was tough, but I did ok. I stayed under this calorie count for 29 of the 36 days (always giving myself one “cheat†day). This is also a B and giving me 3 for my CON stat

1. Schedule at least 2 networking/professional development events a week (CHA 2, WIS 2)

I dominated this one, getting 13 total networking/professional development opportunities. That is an A for me, and gives me the full 2 points for CHA and 2 for WIS.

Over the course of the challenge, I walked/ran a total of 57.2 miles, giving me a total of over 118 miles between this challenge and the last one!

I have also lost 4 pounds, and am down another pants size. I now wear a 36 comfortably. In fact, if I wear my old size 38 pants without a belt, they will literally fall off me as I walk even if they are buttoned. That is a great feeling!

I feel better than I have in a long time and I look forward to the next challenge!

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

That is fantastic!!  Great job on your challenge!

Thank you  :nevreness:

Looking forward to the next one!

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines