• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

tseecka

Consulting Knights in the TARDIS

Greetings to you all!

Decided to create a new group to give others who are just starting out their chance to find a community who cares about the same things--getting fit, having fun, and BBC programming!

Hopefully this thread will become a place to show moral support to each other and offer advice, as well as debate who should be the Twelfth Doctor, whinge about the series finale of Merlin (still not over it, guys), and anxiously try to keep hold of our sanity as filming for series 3 of Sherlock continues. Any and all BBC fans are welcome to chat, from any and all fandoms (those are just my big three), and fangirl/boy-ing is highly encouraged.

Our members are:

1.  Tseecka (leader)

2.  cmhutch

3.  MissyMo87

4.  Posy

5.  Jaimee

6.  snefrue

7.  casgrbear

8. MotherofDragons

9. Stooshie

10. becscertainstar

11. avril.obscene

12. carniepoet

So join in, have a cup of tea, help yourselves to the tissue box (it's the BBC, you know you'll need it) and, most importantly--Be welcome!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consulting Knights in the TARDIS PvP Team Challenge

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Off-site Contact Info: If you want to/are okay with fellow CKitTs contacting you away from NerdFitness

Tseecka

Tumblr: tseecka (some NSFW content; slashing abounds)

Email: tseecka@hotmail.com

Cell number: Available via PM

Facebook: Available via PM

I can't even tell you how excited I was when I saw this group! Huge BBC fangirl here, happy to be on this fitness journey with like-minded people :-)  

If I start channelling my impatience for Sherlock S3 into workouts, I'll be in the best shape of my life in no time...

Ahahaha, maybe we can contact the BBC and work out a deal...for every goal our group members meet, they release set footage...no?

Or votes in the Next Doctor pool...lol

MissyMo, if I may ask, what country are you located in? I'm pretty sure both Merlin and Sherlock are on NF, at least in the States, and I know for sure Sherlock is in Canada. (Merlin is kind of my number 1 fandom right now, and I'm more than eager to share the wealth of myth and magic with as many as will listen, lol)

Just realized that NF abbreviates both NerdFitness and Netflix...yes, good. Anyways, Merlin is amazing. If you plan to watch it I will do my best to avoid spoilers XD

//anxiously waiting for a seventh member to join so we can have a full complement YAY

For those who are here already--I guess I'm a leader or something so idk, is there anything you'd like me to do as leader? Ther'es nothing really laid out in the Rules/FAQs but if you have an hopes or expectations let me know! I'm thinking maybe a Skype group, in-group challenges, episode viewings, stuff like that...are you guys interested at all, or do we want to keep this a "purely on the NF forums" sort of deal?

Ya the NF threw me off at first lol.  Spoilers are fine usually with how hectic things are I don't always remember them when I watch a series.

I'm good with whatever if we do skype I need to make an account :)

Well hey there, Miss Leader. I may as well call you Arthur Pendragon, yeah? :3

But yes! I'm incredibly excited to start this challenge and I think Skype group would be an excellent secondary (or primary) form of communication for the CKinT!

Casgrbear, welcome!

Right now our little thread here is just for chat and getting to know one another, so if you want to introduce yourself you can feel free! You'll want to create a challenge thread, which can have as much or as little information about yourself and your goals as you like. I'm wordy so I tend to write a lot of exposition, but some people just have a short-and-sweet description of what they want to acheive during their challenge--either/or is fine!

To all members: I've added my contact/off-site info up top there. Feel free to add your own if you want but it's certainly not necessary. :)

Hey everyone!

The Doctor told me I needed to get in shape, because there is A LOT of running. So here I am.

The only other BBC I've watched off the top of my head is Being Human (although I have not watched season 5).

Looking forward to this group and this challenge!

Hey Posy!

Heh, that is too true about the Doctor telling you to run. Fun fact: When I was doing C25K last time, I'd have the Series 5 soundtrack playing, and I always put on either "The Sun's Gone Wibbly" or "I Am the Doctor" during the running intervals. Nothing gets the legs pumping like imagining the Doctor standing in the door of the TARDIS, waving frantically, with some alien bad on your heels!

I haven't watched BH, either the US or the UK version, but it's on my list--I have to get through XFiles, Hannibal, and Arrested Development first!

Hey Posy!

Heh, that is too true about the Doctor telling you to run. Fun fact: When I was doing C25K last time, I'd have the Series 5 soundtrack playing, and I always put on either "The Sun's Gone Wibbly" or "I Am the Doctor" during the running intervals. Nothing gets the legs pumping like imagining the Doctor standing in the door of the TARDIS, waving frantically, with some alien bad on your heels!

I haven't watched BH, either the US or the UK version, but it's on my list--I have to get through XFiles, Hannibal, and Arrested Development first!

I have all of the Doctor Who soundtracks on CD and listen to them when I'm studying. Since I do my workouts at home I like to watch TV (i.e., Netflix) while I work out. I've recently just finished my millionth marathon of new Who and am very slowly working my way through classic Who (not on Netflix). I also started watching The X-Files recently for the first time as well. The boyfriend and I are also working on Bones (one of my favorite shows, but he had never seen it before) and hopefully will get to start the new Arrested Development on Netflix at some point. SO MUCH TO WATCH! That's not even including all the shows we have on DVD that we haven't started yet. *sigh*

I think I might try listening to Doctor Who music now when I do my interval training. Maybe it'll pump me up!

Hey all of you--welcome to the group! I don't see a problem with having more than just 7 members but let's do try to keep it from getting too big. I'm thinking maybe 12 max--the number of regenerations of a Time Lord? And of course, more people are welcome to come and chat, even if they aren't officially a member of our Accountibilibuddy group! I'll add the last four to the list, which means we have room for one more!

Speaking of accountability--I woke up late today. Really late. Probably because I went to bed really late last night but that's kind of beside the point. Basically, I have dinner at my parents' tonight, which means I don't have any time to hit the gym besides today at my lunch hour. Now, that's fine for running, but today's a weight day. I really hate going into weight rooms, and I know this is going to be even worse because I work in an industrial park full of big, tough guys and I'm super intimidated--especially as I don't know my way around the rec center all that well.

I want to go--I don't want to fall off the wagon this early!--but I am scared and intimidated and I could use some cheerleading ^^;

Hey all of you--welcome to the group! I don't see a problem with having more than just 7 members but let's do try to keep it from getting too big. I'm thinking maybe 12 max--the number of regenerations of a Time Lord? And of course, more people are welcome to come and chat, even if they aren't officially a member of our Accountibilibuddy group! I'll add the last four to the list, which means we have room for one more!

Speaking of accountability--I woke up late today. Really late. Probably because I went to bed really late last night but that's kind of beside the point. Basically, I have dinner at my parents' tonight, which means I don't have any time to hit the gym besides today at my lunch hour. Now, that's fine for running, but today's a weight day. I really hate going into weight rooms, and I know this is going to be even worse because I work in an industrial park full of big, tough guys and I'm super intimidated--especially as I don't know my way around the rec center all that well.

I want to go--I don't want to fall off the wagon this early!--but I am scared and intimidated and I could use some cheerleading ^^;

You should go. Don't worry about what other people are doing at the gym. Mostly likely they are too focused on their ownselves to notice what you are doing. Don't let it be an excuse! You have to start somewhere. The only way to not be intimidated at the gym is to exposure yourself to it. It won't always feel like this!

*expose

Also, as an alternative, if you absolutely cannot bring yourself to go to the gym, then just make it a running day. Just make sure to make an appropriate swap. Something is better than nothing!

I agree with Posy, and if you're focused on what you're doing you won't notice much else or feel as self conscious. Something is always better than nothing! Go kick some booty tseecka!

You'll be awesome, Tseecka! Just get right in there! Concentrate on being your superhero self :)

-----

And I get to represent 11! Wooooo! Matt Smith was the first (Doctor) face that I saw. It has been imprinted on my hearts. <3 

**Edit because spelling is important.