Sammiejune29 - The Voyage Home

On Sunday I carried some more heavy buckets and worked up a sweat packing and moving boxes in my apartment. That was definitely a workout too. It was a great weekend :D

Sure.  I think goat wrangling should count, and certainly the hike through the woods counts!  If the whole point is to think outside the box a bit and get exercise from new and unusual places, it seems like you did exactly that.  :)

Great! Thanks for the feedback :D I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy (I mean I am a little crazy, but not about this, lol)

I would agree with Nymeria that goat wrangling and hiking and creek jumping count as getting out of your rut. Just because it wasn't super intense doesn't mean it wasn't exercise (though I've wrangled goats before, and it's not exactly a walk in the park, though it is fun when they climb you), and it sounds like it was definitely fun. Sometimes days like that are what you need to jumpstart the climb out of the rut. Do it every day, and it might not be enough, but do it now and then, it's relaxing and enjoyable and helps you reset the system. It can also help mitigate the stress of all the other crazy life stuff you've got going on. In a situation like that, sometimes it's better to do a little and have it be relaxing than try to push yourself past what you can (mentally) handle, even though maybe physically you could do it.

It does sound like it's all going pretty good, anyway, despite all the crazy, so woo to that!!!

Everything that happened over the weekend gave me an idea for an assassin video. I'm excited about it ;)

The goat wasn't trying to climb me as much as he was trying to eat my dress. Lol

It definitely helped me reset. I feel a lot less stressed and overwhelmed :D

I'm so sorry but *laughs her head off* this goat story is hilarious :D And I does totally count as a workout! :tongue:

I hope the gardening went ok and that you are feeling under less pressure right now. *all the hugs in the world*

Haha! Proud of you for posting on your thread (almost) first! Only me to butt down the list :tongue:

I miss you and your presence here and reading all about your days and workouts.

He only left for summer, right?! He didn't quit the business all together? In any case it is a big adjustment (which you are handling perfectly, I can tell from here!) and it must be hard no to see each other as often. But you know what?! Once everything settles down, once you don't have to worry about moving and both of you get into a new rhythm, you'll find some way to spend more time together. I'm sure of it.

*hugest tightest hugs*

I'm so glad you enjoyed it :D Daniel and I were laughing SOOO hard. It was ridiculous!

I'm hoping he will want to come back after summer *fingers crossed* We are supposed to hang out later. It will be nice to just relax and not have to worry too much about business stuff :)

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

Sunday's Update:

Carried some more buckets of dirt. Our garden plot at our new place is starting to look  a lot better :D Hopefully we will get the rest of our plants in this week.

Also got a bunch of stuff packed up and stored in the front closet. Hopefully I can get some more packed before this weekend when we start actually moving.

Sunday's Workout (June 9, 2013)
Warm up: 60 jumping jacks
3 Circuits (30 min 8:54 / 8:04 / 9:18)
BW Squats (hands over head): 12/12/12
Inclined Push-ups 29" wobbly table (36" countertop): 3(11)/3(10)/2(10)

Weighted Lunges (16lb in each hand): 5(5)/5(5)/5(5)
Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs: 5/5/5
Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs: 5/5/5
Lying Abductions (5lb weight) R(L): 15(15)/13(13)/13(13)
Plank (hands): 60s/55s/50s
Jumping Jacks: 30/30/30
Stretches (8 min)

It was late and I was super tired so I cut all the chin-up holds out of this workout. I also went a lot faster and used more explosive energy for each of the exercises. It felt like a completely different workout. I was so zonkered by the end of it and just dripping with sweat. (Which is why I didn't get to 60 min on my planks) It felt great. It was definitely more of a cardio workout than I get when I normally do the routine. I think I'm going to do it this way at least once a week :D

Also, I'm doing weighted lunges with about 32lbs. What I think is crazy is that 9 months ago I weighed 32 more lbs than I do now. Lol

**Note: This is my workout from memory. I will double check the numbers when I get home and have my workout sheet.**

**Edit: I only had 1 number wrong, plus filling in my circuit times. Yay good memory!

Week 1 Update

I'd love to be able to talk to my computer (and have it actually understand me, lol) cause it would be such a time saver with my crazy busy schedule. :lol:

Goal #1 - 3 BW Workouts (3/3) - Check

Tuesday, Friday & Sunday

- Workouts went well. I want to try to get them in a little bit earlier. I hate being forced into doing a workout at 11:30 pm on Sunday night just to get my 3rd workout in. I gotta plan better.

Goal #2 - Do something different - Check

Saturday & Sunday - Did some goat wrangling, a short hike through the woods complete with creek jumping, farmer's carry with buckets of dirt for gardening

- Not what I expected to do but it was SOOO much fun. Plus it gave me a good idea for the photo/video contest. Stay tuned ;)

Goal #3 - Take care of my teeth - Check

Part 1 - Brush 2 times daily (13/14)

Part 2 - Floss 5 times a week (5/7)

Part 3 - Find a new dentist and make an appt - Nothing yet

I'm happy with how well I've been doing on this goal. Flossing only takes a few min but those few min are painful when its 3 am and all you want to do is sleep. 

Goal #4 - Start packing up boxes - Check

Cleaned out my front closet and now its a place to collect all of the stuff that I've packed. I have a bunch of boxes and other stuff in there already :D

Mini-challenge - I love pushing and pulling exercises so this mini-challenge was SUPER fun!! +1 STR for me (though I won't add it into my totals till the end of the challenge)

I'm so glad you enjoyed it :D Daniel and I were laughing SOOO hard. It was ridiculous!

I'm hoping he will want to come back after summer *fingers crossed* We are supposed to hang out later. It will be nice to just relax and not have to worry too much about business stuff :)

I thought it really was only for summer, not that he'd have to think about it! But come on, you guys work so well together, I can't see why he wouldn't want to come back :)

Have a great time with him, don't talk about work, just enjoy each other's company :)

Sunday's Update:

Carried some more buckets of dirt. Our garden plot at our new place is starting to look  a lot better :D Hopefully we will get the rest of our plants in this week.

Also got a bunch of stuff packed up and stored in the front closet. Hopefully I can get some more packed before this weekend when we start actually moving.

Sunday's Workout (June 10, 2013)

3 Circuits (30 min 8:?? / 8:?? / 9:??)

BW Squats (hands over head): 12/12/12

Inclined Push-ups 29" wobbly table (36" countertop): 3(12)/3(10)/2(10)

Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs: 5/5/5

Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs: 5/5/5

Lying Abductions (5lb weight) R(L): 15(15)/13(13)/13(13)

Plank (hands): 60s/55s/50s

Stretches (8 min)

It was late and I was super tired so I cut all the chin-up holds out of this workout. I also went a lot faster and used more explosive energy for each of the exercises. It felt like a completely different workout. I was so zonkered by the end of it and just dripping with sweat. (Which is why I didn't get to 60 min on my planks) It felt great. It was definitely more of a cardio workout than I get when I normally do the routine. I think I'm going to do it this way at least once a week :D

Also, I'm doing weighted lunges with about 32lbs. What I think is crazy is that 9 months ago I weighed 32 more lbs than I do now. Lol

**Note: This is my workout from memory. I will double check the numbers when I get home and have my workout sheet.**

This is a really great workout Sam! And you did it really fast! Congrats! It's insane the amount of progress you've made just in the past challenges, it's really well done! And super duper congrats on being able to lunge the same weight that you've lost, it's really cool! :D

Week 1 Update

I'd love to be able to talk to my computer (and have it actually understand me, lol) cause it would be such a time saver with my crazy busy schedule.

Goal #1 - 3 BW Workouts (3/3) - Check

Tuesday, Friday & Sunday

- Workouts went well. I want to try to get them in a little bit earlier. I hate being forced into doing a workout at 11:30 pm on Sunday night just to get my 3rd workout in. I gotta plan better.

Goal #2 - Do something different - Check

Saturday & Sunday - Did some goat wrangling, a short hike through the woods complete with creek jumping, farmer's carry with buckets of dirt for gardening

- Not what I expected to do but it was SOOO much fun. Plus it gave me a good idea for the photo/video contest. Stay tuned

Goal #3 - Take care of my teeth - Check

Part 1 - Brush 2 times daily (13/14)

Part 2 - Floss 5 times a week (5/7)

Part 3 - Find a new dentist and make an appt - Nothing yet

I'm happy with how well I've been doing on this goal. Flossing only takes a few min but those few min are painful when its 3 am and all you want to do is sleep. 

Goal #4 - Start packing up boxes - Check

Cleaned out my front closet and now its a place to collect all of the stuff that I've packed. I have a bunch of boxes and other stuff in there already

Mini-challenge - I love pushing and pulling exercises so this mini-challenge was SUPER fun!! +1 STR for me (though I won't add it into my totals till the end of the challenge)

What an awesome summary! It's been a really great week for you despite all the craziness! :applause:

Oh and can't wait for your entry to the contest!

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

What an awesome summary! It's been a really great week for you despite all the craziness! :applause:

This^^ :)

Totally rocking this one :)

(or kicking donkey .. to quote alienJenn ;) )

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Two really awesome exciting things that I wanted to share real quick before I do my workout.

1. Today it has been exactly one year since my back surgery!! Its amazing how far I've come in a year :D
  2. I was able to hold myself in the top of a chin-up position with my feet ALL the way off the chair for 5 seconds. And then I did it again for like 4 seconds. And later in the day I did it again for 5 sec and then again for 2.5 seconds. I'm beyond excited. I think fixing my shoulder issue really really helped (even if it wasn't hurting, I think it was making that arm weaker)!!

Two really awesome exciting things that I wanted to share real quick before I do my workout.

1. Today it has been exactly one year since my back surgery!! Its amazing how far I've come in a year :D
  2. I was able to hold myself in the top of a chin-up position with my feet ALL the way off the chair for 5 seconds. And then I did it again for like 4 seconds. And later in the day I did it again for 5 sec and then again for 2.5 seconds. I'm beyond excited. I think fixing my shoulder issue really really helped (even if it wasn't hurting, I think it was making that arm weaker)!!

WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!! Congrats Sam!!! So proud of you!!!!!! :D

(yeah, I'm genuinely that excited for you!!!)

YAY!!!!

:D

Nice work indeed!!!

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

@missmajachere

Tuesday During the Day

Chin Up Hold - Top (no chair, no feet!!): 5s/4s later: 5s/2.5s

Tuesday's Workout (June 11, 2013)
3 Circuits (43 min 12:38 / 13:05 / 13:02)
Chair Assisted Chin Ups: 3
Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 5/5(5)/5(5)

Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 5/5(5)/5(5)

Chin Up Hold - Top (no chair, no feet!!): 2s/1s (I tired myself out earlier in the day)
BW Squats (hands over head): 15/13/12
Chin Up Hold - Eyes at Bar (chair): 10s/10s
Inclined Push-ups 29" wobbly table (36" countertop): 2(10)/3(8)/2(11)
Chin Up Hold - Bottom (standing): 10s/10s
Lying Abduction (5lb weight) R(L): 13(13)/13(13)/13(13)
Plank (hands): 60s/60s/30s
Stretches (9.5 min)

I've been doing planks on my hands instead of my forearms for the past couple weeks and it feels really different. I'm enjoying the change. And I've been getting a little bit of minor ab DOMS. Not sure if its from the planks or something else (even though nothing else is terribly ab focused)

Didn't do chin stuff in the third circuit cause my arms were pretty much shot by that point.

Life Update:

Sleep schedule has been wonky. Mainly due to staying up late to get stuff done and then having to get up early, then sleeping too much the next night or taking a nap. Plus I've been staying up late to get my workouts in (ie: starting to work out at 11 pm) which I really gotta work on. 

Tracking how I spend my time this week. I have so much on my plate that I want to see how much time I'm actually putting into each of my endeavors. (I don't want to keep doing this forever, I just want an idea of where I'm at)

Despite my business partner pulling out of the program Daniel and I aren't doing too badly. We got pretty good feedback today. The only real negative was that we need to talk to more people but it takes time to contact them and set up meetings and such. No one on here would happen to be an event planner, would they? Lol

I'm pretty positive that I had at least 3 other things that I REALLY REALLY wanted to share but now I can't remember. I appreciate all the support :D Its one of the things that has kept me going through this last week. I will respond at some point, but for now I must sleep!

Tuesday During the Day

Tuesday's Workout (June 11, 2013)

3 Circuits (43 min 12:38 / 13:05 / 13:02)

Chair Assisted Chin Ups: 3

Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 5/5(5)/5(5)

Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 5/5(5)/5(5)

Chin Up Hold - Top (no chair, no feet!!): 2s/1s (I tired myself out earlier in the day)

BW Squats (hands over head): 15/13/12

Chin Up Hold - Eyes at Bar (chair): 10s/10s

Inclined Push-ups 29" wobbly table (36" countertop): 2(10)/3(8)/2(11)

Chin Up Hold - Bottom (standing): 10s/10s

Lying Abduction (5lb weight) R(L): 13(13)/13(13)/13(13)

Plank (hands): 60s/60s/30s

Stretches (9.5 min)

I've been doing planks on my hands instead of my forearms for the past couple weeks and it feels really different. I'm enjoying the change. And I've been getting a little bit of minor ab DOMS. Not sure if its from the planks or something else (even though nothing else is terribly ab focused)

Didn't do chin stuff in the third circuit cause my arms were pretty much shot by that point.

Life Update:

Sleep schedule has been wonky. Mainly due to staying up late to get stuff done and then having to get up early, then sleeping too much the next night or taking a nap. Plus I've been staying up late to get my workouts in (ie: starting to work out at 11 pm) which I really gotta work on. 

Tracking how I spend my time this week. I have so much on my plate that I want to see how much time I'm actually putting into each of my endeavors. (I don't want to keep doing this forever, I just want an idea of where I'm at)

Despite my business partner pulling out of the program Daniel and I aren't doing too badly. We got pretty good feedback today. The only real negative was that we need to talk to more people but it takes time to contact them and set up meetings and such. No one on here would happen to be an event planner, would they? Lol

I'm pretty positive that I had at least 3 other things that I REALLY REALLY wanted to share but now I can't remember. I appreciate all the support :D Its one of the things that has kept me going through this last week. I will respond at some point, but for now I must sleep!

*biggest hugs my small arms can muster*

You are doing amazingly Sam, it is awe-inspiring!

Tuesday During the Day

Congrats!!!  It sounds like you're not that far away from being able to progress to the chin-up negatives.

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Congrats on the progress in the past year! And congrats on the chin-up holds!! I felt like a total bad-ass the first time I was able to do something like that, after I got over my initial shock (the first time I did it I was so shocked that I let go almost immediately and almost fell on my behind...)

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Still alive. Sunburnt and exhausted but still alive. Have to get up early and its late so no long update tonight as much as I want to. Hopefully tomorrow. Moving is eating up all my nerd fitness time.

But I did get in all 3 workouts last week!!

Still alive. Sunburnt and exhausted but still alive. Have to get up early and its late so no long update tonight as much as I want to. Hopefully tomorrow. Moving is eating up all my nerd fitness time.

But I did get in all 3 workouts last week!!

*biggest hugs*

I hope the moving went well yesterday and that the rain eventually died down. You can do this, I know you can :)

And congrats on getting the workouts done last week despite being so busy! I'm very proud of you

*more hugs*

Hope everything is super swell and awesome :) 

still holding down the fort... * anxiously looking up and down the road for Sammie*

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

@missmajachere

I thought it really was only for summer, not that he'd have to think about it! But come on, you guys work so well together, I can't see why he wouldn't want to come back

Have a great time with him, don't talk about work, just enjoy each other's company

I do hope he comes back! But we still haven't gotten to hang out :( We've both been so busy that we haven't had free time at the same time. Hopefully sometime this week *fingers crossed*

This is a really great workout Sam! And you did it really fast! Congrats! It's insane the amount of progress you've made just in the past challenges, it's really well done! And super duper congrats on being able to lunge the same weight that you've lost, it's really cool!

Thanks! I couldn't believe how fast I did it. I was panting and felt pretty dead by the end but it was a good kind of dead. :lol:

WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!! Congrats Sam!!! So proud of you!!!!!! :D

(yeah, I'm genuinely that excited for you!!!)

*biggest hugs my small arms can muster*

You are doing amazingly Sam, it is awe-inspiring!

Thanks Chris for all your amazing support as always :D *biggest hugs* It has meant so much to me over the last week of craziness!  :love_heart:  :love_heart: 

*biggest hugs*

I hope the moving went well yesterday and that the rain eventually died down. You can do this, I know you can

And congrats on getting the workouts done last week despite being so busy! I'm very proud of you

*more hugs*

The rain did eventually die down but by that point we were exhausted so we didn't do another load. We also both had tons of work to do that we had put off all weekend in favor of moving. But at least we got some of our more awkward furniture moved to the new place. There is now room in my old apartment for me to pack up the rest of our stuff much more easily. :)

Great start to the challenge!  You're on track to kill it (as usual!).

CONGRATS ON THE HANG!!!  That's a HUGE step in the right direction!

Good luck with the rest of the move!  We'll hold down the fort until you get back.

Thanks Wolvie for all your support! I've definitely needed a little push in the right direction ;) But you know what? I haven't missed a workout yet!! And thanks for holding down the fort. I'm glad to know everything won't fall apart without me here for a week or two :lol:

Totally rocking this one

(or kicking donkey .. to quote alienJenn ;) )

YAY!!!!

Nice work indeed!!!

Hope everything is super swell and awesome

still holding down the fort... * anxiously looking up and down the road for Sammie*

Thank Eowyn for all your super awesome support :D And for helping Wolverine hold down the fort (he definitely needs the help ;)) And I'm definitely kicking donkey!!

Great start to the challenge! And awesome progres working out.

Congrats on coming so far in a year, that's very exciting.

Looking forward to your update!

Thanks Rybo!! I'm also loving the new profile pic. Its nice to finally put a face to the name and all the great support you've given me over the past few challenges :D

Congrats!!!  It sounds like you're not that far away from being able to progress to the chin-up negatives.

I hope so!! I'm excited to get to the point where I can get to band-assisted chin-ups as well. Over the weekend I was moving and carried a lot of stuff and my forearms (grip strength) are definitely sore today. Lol. I'm still so appreciated of all the suggestions everyone gave me last challenge :D

Congrats on the progress in the past year! And congrats on the chin-up holds!! I felt like a total bad-ass the first time I was able to do something like that, after I got over my initial shock (the first time I did it I was so shocked that I let go almost immediately and almost fell on my behind...)

Congrats on getting in all your workouts!! It sounds as if you're crazy-busy, and it can be easy to let life get in the way of stuff like that. But you seem to be doing a great job of making life wait for you instead!

Thanks Obax!! I'm glad I didn't fall on my behind (that would have hurt!!) What shocked me the most was that I held on for a whole 5 seconds :D And yeah, definitely feeling bad ass. I can't walk by the pull up bar without wanting to hold myself up there again just because I can!

And as I was telling Nymeria, thanks so much for all the advice last challenge! I carried a bunch of stuff over the weekend and I can definitely feel it in my arms today :D

Once I remembered to retract the claws the fort holding started going without a hitch.  For a couple days it was a little... stabby stabby, but we're good now. ;)

Haha :D Hopefully there wasn't too much blood getting all over the fort. Blood stains :tongue:

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines