Sammiejune29 - The Voyage Home

Hey!  Looks like you are still doing awesome so far!   Congrats on your successes.  I love when I have a job to do  (like moving) that turns in to an impromptu workout it's like a double bonus!  I love having tons of things on my plate all at the same time, as long as I can handle it semi-gracefully, I find when I am on the verge of chaos I work my best.  It keeps me focused I think, my work contract got extended and I have gotten more added to my project, also my sister wants me to train and run in a half marathon this fall with her.  Along with all my other training and healthy eating, and regular shenanigans it's intense!  I know you will be able to power through everything and come out on top!  

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

I do hope he comes back! But we still haven't gotten to hang out  We've both been so busy that we haven't had free time at the same time. Hopefully sometime this week *fingers crossed*

Oh that sucks!!! Everything that is crossable is crossed for you guys to find some time to hang out this week :)

How are you anyway? How's the program going?

Thanks! I couldn't believe how fast I did it. I was panting and felt pretty dead by the end but it was a good kind of dead.

Thanks Chris for all your amazing support as always *biggest hugs* It has meant so much to me over the last week of craziness!

Workout dead is the best kind of dead! It must've given you the best boost possible! :D

And you're more than welcome, that's what I'm here for :love_heart:  *hugs*

The rain did eventually die down but by that point we were exhausted so we didn't do another load. We also both had tons of work to do that we had put off all weekend in favor of moving. But at least we got some of our more awkward furniture moved to the new place. There is now room in my old apartment for me to pack up the rest of our stuff much more easily. 

That's really good! Do you have a lot more to pack? Wish I could help you :)

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Thursday's Workout (June 13, 2013)
Warm up: 60 jumping jacks
3 Circuits (38 min 14ish / 9:57 / 11:52)

BW Squats (hands over head): 16/14/13
Inclined Push-ups 29" wobbly table (36" countertop): 3(12)/3(8)/2(8)

Weighted Lunges (16lb in each hand): 6(6)/5(5)/5(5)

Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 5(5)/5(5)/5(5)

Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 5(5)/5(5)/5(5)

Lying Abductions (5lb weight) R(L): 14(14)/13(13)/13(13)
Plank (hands): 60s/60s/50s
Jumping Jacks: 30/30/30
Stretches (8 min)

Nothing especially interesting to report. I was just lucky to get a workout in at all I was so tired. Though at least this one wasn't at 11:30 at night. I had to make sure I got it in earlier cause I was going to see Man of Steel at midnight :D

Sunday's Workout (June 16, 2013)
Warm up: 30/30 jumping jacks 
2 Circuits (24 min 11:12 / 11:03)
Weighted Lunges (16lb in each hand): 6(6)/5(5)
Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 6(6)/5(5)

Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 6(6)/5(5)

BW Squats: 12/9
Inclined Push-ups 29" wobbly table (36" countertop): 1(10)/3(10)
Lying Abduction (5lb weight) R(L): 14(14)/14(14)
Plank (hands): 60s/60s
Jumping Jacks: 30/30
Stretches (5.5 min)

It was late and I didn't have much energy to begin with so I stopped after 2 circuits because I didn't want to risk hurting myself.

Other Updates:

Dizziness Treatment:

Had another dizziness treatment on Monday this week which means no working out till later today (hopefully). This time the left ear was totally good but the right ear had come back a little. *fingers crossed* that this one worked. Also, only going to be able to get in 2 BW workouts this week but I'm not going to hold it against my grade because its nothing that I could control.

Shoulder blade pain:

While moving stuff over the weekend at some point the rib that was fighting with my shoulder blade got popped out of place again. Went to the chiropractor yesterday and he popped it back in. I love my chiropractor. He is awesome and so good at what he does. (I've seen other chiropractors so I do have a base for comparison) So my shoulder is a little sore but is feeling better again already. This time was not nearly as bad since it was only popped out for a few days in stead of for almost a year (I still can't believe that)

Date:

Met a guy last week. He's definitely a nerd. Working on his PhD right now. And he has his own company. He went through the same summer accelerator program last summer. Plus he likes to workout. He likes to lift heavy so he's not an assassin but that's okay. I will try not to hold it against him too much. We have another date tonight :D I'm excited. Its been a while since I met someone I connect with. And he's an athletic nerd. WIN!

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

Picture Post!

New Progress Pics! The "current" pics were taken about a week ago and are compared to when I started NF. I'm so proud of how far I've come :D And I feel so much healthier and stronger. Moving is so much easier when I can actually pick stuff up and carry it ;)

ProgressFrontJune13

ProgressSideJune13

ProgressBackJune13

This is the wonderful local and organic pizza I was talking about on Chris's thread. It was at the bar/restaurant where my business partner works. They are growing a lot of the stuff at their own farm and whatever they don't have, they buy from other local farms. I love the local economy here :D

IMG 1166

And this is the fairy circle garden surrounded by a ring of bamboo :D We have a plot and have been getting a lot of peas and broccoli and kale. I love fresh produce!

IMG 1186

A beautiful butterfly was just sitting on a bush outside of our new place and didn't fly away when I got close to take some pics. It was simply majestic!

IMG 1178

And lastly: Daniel said something absurd right after I had taken a swig of water. This was the result of me spitting said water back out all over the floor. Couldn't do that again if I tried :tongue:

IMG 1159

yay for awesome progress!!! :D

and yay for finding someone you connect with!! (seriously .. an athletic nerd? how cool is that?? It'd be like meeting NF pals IRL!)

mmmm pizza...

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Shoulder blade pain:

While moving stuff over the weekend at some point the rib that was fighting with my shoulder blade got popped out of place again. Went to the chiropractor yesterday and he popped it back in. I love my chiropractor. He is awesome and so good at what he does. (I've seen other chiropractors so I do have a base for comparison) So my shoulder is a little sore but is feeling better again already. This time was not nearly as bad since it was only popped out for a few days in stead of for almost a year (I still can't believe that)

Date:

Met a guy last week. He's definitely a nerd. Working on his PhD right now. And he has his own company. He went through the same summer accelerator program last summer. Plus he likes to workout. He likes to lift heavy so he's not an assassin but that's okay. I will try not to hold it against him too much. We have another date tonight :D I'm excited. Its been a while since I met someone I connect with. And he's an athletic nerd. WIN!

What? A year? I must say...  A good thing you got it put back in place again! :)

The PhD's are the best kind.;) Good luck with the date!! :) Fingers crossed!

You've done some awesome progress! I took some progress pictures to day as well, but the lighting and the angle was all messed up, so it can't be used.. I'm seeing the value of them though, seeing how you've done so well! Hats off to you!! :D

#3 - #4 - #5 - #6 #7 - current

Juggling PvPSquat PvP, HOoRAY

So awesome Sam!!!

So happy you found somebody so great! How did the date go?
And wow! Your body has changed so much!!! Well done on all the hard work, this is really really fantastic! :D

Hope your dizziness treatment worked this time around and that your shoulder is feeling much better already

*hugs*

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Grr!! I can't believe its been so long since I've updated my thread. This is what happens when I don't have reliable internet, have 2 jobs, am starting my own company and moving all at one time (not to mention going on dates with an amazing strong nerd)

yay for awesome progress!!! :D
and yay for finding someone you connect with!! (seriously .. an athletic nerd? how cool is that?? It'd be like meeting NF pals IRL!)

mmmm pizza...

Athletic nerds are a rare breed but all the more special because of their rarity ;) And I totally wish I could meet some of my NF friends IRL!!

What? A year? I must say...  A good thing you got it put back in place again!

The PhD's are the best kind. ;) Good luck with the date!! Fingers crossed!

You've done some awesome progress! I took some progress pictures to day as well, but the lighting and the angle was all messed up, so it can't be used.. I'm seeing the value of them though, seeing how you've done so well! Hats off to you!!

Yeah, the shoulder is still acting up :( Had it popped back in 3 times now!! Its getting better but I think moving is stressing it which is why it keeps popping back out.

And the dates have all gone super well so far! He gets back from his trip tomorrow. I can't wait to see him again :D

I'm definitely an advocate of progress pics (even if you don't want to post them). I didn't see the progress for a while but now when I look back I can really see how far I've come.

Very cool update.  I'm happy to read about how hard you've been working and how good you are doing and how many men you are attracting... ;)

Thanks Wolvie!! Glad to make you happy ;) 

Amazing progress pictures!  Keep up the great work!  And I hope the dizziness treatment works for you again.

Thanks!! I still don't think the dizziness treatment got rid of it all. The tricky part with it being in both ears is that by treating one ear you run the risk of undoing the treatment on the other ear :(

So awesome Sam!!!

So happy you found somebody so great! How did the date go?
And wow! Your body has changed so much!!! Well done on all the hard work, this is really really fantastic! :D

Hope your dizziness treatment worked this time around and that your shoulder is feeling much better already

*hugs*

Thanks Chris!! And all the dates so far have been wonderful. We really click :D Can't wait to see him (hopefully tomorrow) when he gets back from his trip!

And I love seeing how much my body has changed. My clothes fit so much better (or are really loose depending on the clothing, lol) and I feel so much healthier. Also, its great not feeling helpless when it comes to moving.

Awesome looking progress pics! Things are really going well for you!

Thanks Rybo!! Hopefully this challenge is going well for you too! I haven't gotten to check in as much as I would like.

Weeks 2 & 3 Updates

Goal #1 - 3 BW Workouts 

Week 2 (3/3) - Check

Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday

- Workouts went well. Still ended up doing most of them really late. I'm working on it though

Week 3 - (0/3) - Fail

- Dizziness treatment on Monday so no working out till Thursday

- Thursday I had a 2 hour time window to workout and I managed to set off my vertigo and spent those two hours feeling dizzy and nauseated

- My only choice for getting in my workout on Thursday would have been canceling my date and I wasn't about to do that

- Friday Shark Week came to attack with a  vengeance

- Saturday and Sunday I moved stuff all day long, my muscles were so fatigued by the end of the day that working out would have been a real bad idea

- I hate missing one of my goals but I did what I had to do

Goal #2 - Do something different - Check

Week 2 - Moving, carrying boxes up and down stairs, taking the stairs instead of the elevator every time I went back up to my apartment, this was quite a workout

Week 3 - I walked to the grocery store by my new place instead of driving. Its about a mile but I don't really like walking places so this was definitely a little out of my comfort zone, but it was a great walk

Goal #3 - Take care of my teeth - 

Part 3 - Find a new dentist and make an appt - Nothing yet

Week 2

Part 1 - Brush 2 times daily (12/14)

Part 2 - Floss 5 times a week (3/7)

Week 3

Part 1 - Brush 2 times daily (14/14)

Part 2 - Floss 5 times a week (6/7)

The problem has been remembering to write it down more than remembering to actually do it. It was a lot better week 3 cause I realized I went 3 days without writing anything down week 2, but then the move has skewed things a little week 4 again. Grr.

Goal #4 - Start packing up boxes & Be Sleeping at the new place by the end of week 3 - Check

- Moving is hard. This move has been such a time suck. I have been packing and moving and packing and moving in pretty much all my spare time (hence why I haven't been on NF)

- I don't know how we ended up with so much stuff. It never ends. I've lost count of how many trips we've made, 2 with the truck and trailer and at least 10 in my car. 

- We got all our bedroom stuff moved last weekend and didn't get to bed till 2 am Saturday night because we couldn't go to bed till we got our beds unpacked

- The good news is that 75-85% of the stuff at the new town house is already unpacked. Right now most of what isn't is the stuff that we brought yesterday or the stuff that the shelves it goes on are still at the old apartment

- The part of this whole process that takes the most time is loading it up at the new place. It will take 4-5 hours to load up one load and an hour to unload it. At the old place we have to bring things down the elevator and lock everything up at both ends every time. At the new place we can back up about 10 feet from the back door and since we are always in sight of the car and the house we don't have to lock everything each trip.

Mini-challenge #2 - Yay planks!! +1 STR for me :D

Mini-challenge #3 - No participation due to aforementioned unforeseen circumstances

Monday's Bike Ride (June 24, 2013)

12.48 mi in 50m:19s

One of my friends (who is also in the summer accelerator with a different company) and I have been trying to go on a bike ride together for 2 years now! We finally made it happen on Monday. And it was a great bike ride. I miss my bike sooooo much but I just haven't had time for it. I've had to put that time to packing and moving instead because that has to be the priority right now. I'm going to try to get in at least one ride a week. We will see if it happens. Lol

Monday's Workout (June 24, 2013)
3 Circuits (44 min 13:30 / 13:38 / 13:38)

BW Squats: 12/12/12
Inclined Push-ups 4th stair (5th stair): 3(8)/3(6)/2(8)

Weighted Lunges (16lb in each hand): 7(7)/7(7)/7(7)

Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 8(5)/6(6)/6(6)

Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 8(5)/6(6)/6(6)

Lying Abductions (10lb weight) R(L): 6(6)/6(6)/8(8)
Plank (hands): 60s/60s/60s
Stretches (10.5 min)

Despite not doing a formal workout for a week this workout didn't suck. In fact it was pretty awesome. Especially the weighted lunges. The progress there was astonishing. Dumbbell rows showed some marked improvement as well. Plus I'm LOVING having my own staircase :D

Friday's Workout (June 28, 2013)
3 Circuits (45 min 12:41/ 13:41 / 15:02)
Weighted Lunges (16lb in each hand): 8(8)/8(8)/8(8)
Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 7(6)/6(6)/6(6)

Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 7(6)/6(6)/6(6)

BW Squats: 10/10/10
Inclined Push-ups 4th stair (5th stair): 5(5)/4(5)/4(5)
Lying Abduction (10lb weight) R(L): 7(7)/10(10)/9(9)
Plank (hands): 80s/60s/60s
Stretches (10 min)

More improvement on the lunges!! I think next time I'm going to up the weight. I'm seriously considering asking for more workout equipment for my birthday at the end of the summer.

And MASSIVE improvement on my incline pushups. I knew I would see the improvement as soon as I had a staircase :D

Still struggling with my form on squats. I need to video myself doing them one day.

Business Update

We are about halfway through the accelerator program so on Wednesday we gave presentations. They were fairly informal updates of where we are with our Business Model Canvases. Daniel and I went last so by the time we went everyone had already been sitting there for 2.5 hours and pretty much just wanted to go home. But I got up there full of energy and got everyone paying attention. We were repeatedly told after the presentations that we had the best presentation. And one of the facilitators said that we were the group that had everything taken from us (our business partner quit and we started from scratch after week 1) plus we were the 6th team which means we don't get funding and yet we are doing so well. :D It made me feel really good about our business and all the work we have put into it!!

Very cool that you are your friend got to finally go bike riding! Great how much you are improving. Asking for weights (or anything fitness) for your bday is a great idea. Congrats on doing so well with your business presentation. Sounds like you guys did fantastic.

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Sounds like you are doing very well considering all that has been going on.  Congrats on getting better at your workouts!!!  It so awesome when you have a workout that is so much better than the last one.  I just got back from a long weekend visiting family and haven't had a workout in 5 days!  Hopefully I get one in tonight and I am hoping I don't suck.  I shouldn't be any worse!  :D

Keep up all the great work and I know all your efforts will pay off!!!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Week 4 Update

Goal #1 - 3 BW Workouts (2/3) - Meh
Monday & Friday
- Wednesday was a super long day so I didn't get a workout in (up at 6 am, home at 2 am)
- Sunday we spent the whole day moving and we got back at 3 am so no workout then either

Goal #2 - Do something different - Meh
- Went on a bike ride, but since it was the first one in a month I'm gonna count it as doing something different (its still the only bike ride I've been on since the end of the last challenge :()

Goal #3 - Take care of my teeth - Check
Part 1 - Brush 2 times daily (13/14) - Missed one night, got home at 2 am and fell into bed
Part 2 - Floss 5 times a week (4/7) - two definite no's, one night where I wasn't sure if I did or not
Part 3 - Find a new dentist and make an appt - Nothing yet

Goal #4 - Get the rest of the stuff out of our old apartment, clean our old apartment - Check
- Didn't get as much moved during the week as I would have liked because of our big presentation for our company
- The weekend was long and miserable. Most of our friends that said they would come and help, didn't
- Daniel got a guy to come help us for an hour on Saturday and my guy was back from Australia and helped for an hour on Sunday. They helped him carry some of the heaviest stuff which was amazing because I shouldn't carry super heavy stuff because of my back
- Old apartment was definitely clean when we turned in the keys (I'm sure much cleaner than most people leave these apartments)

Mini-challenge #4 - Barely had time to get 2 workouts in this week so no participation :(

And last but not least a fun quote from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Tuesday's Workout (July 2, 2013)
3 Circuits (53 min 15:16 / 16:01 / 19:05)

BW Squats: 13/13/13
Inclined Push-ups (3rd stair) 4th stair (5th stair): (1)3(5)/4(5)/3(5)

Weighted Lunges (16lb in each hand): 10(10)/10(10)/10(10)

Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 8(8)/6(7)/8(6)

Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 8(8)/6(7)/8(6)

Lying Abductions (10lb weight) R(L): 15(15)/15(15)/15(15)
Plank (hands): 90s/80s/70s
Stretches (11 min)

This workout felt great (despite the fact that I ate a lot of veggies from my garden beforehand, lol). I got my first pushup on the 3rd stair!! Yay! More improvement with weighted lunges. I want to up my weight but I didn't bring that with me back to visit my family so it will have to wait till I get back home. Plus I held my planks for longer and they felt great. I gotta find a new core exercise to do but I haven't had time to spend figuring out what that is.

My shoulder has been doing a little better since I started using a tennis ball on it. I still might need to go back to my chiropractor for another adjustment. Moving did not help my shoulder.

Also went out to dinner with my new guy since he's back from Australia. We are also watching Doctor Who together. I love dating a nerd :D

Thursday's Workout (July 4, 2013)
3 Circuits (57 min 18:46 / 19:35 / 14:25)
Weighted Lunges (16lb in each hand): 12(12)/12(12)/12(12)
Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 8(8)/7(8)/8(7)

Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 25lbs(20lbs): 8(8)/7(8)/8(7)

BW Squats: 12/12/12
Inclined Push-ups 4th stair (5th stair): 5(8)/4(8)/5(6)
Lying Abduction (10lb weight) R(L): 20(20)/15(15)/0
Plank (hands): 70s/60s/60s
Jumping Jacks: 30/30/31
Stretches (10 min)

My 4th was fairly unexciting. I was supposed to drive to visit my family on Wednesday but Daniel and I spend Wednesday trying to get our new place looking decent. Then it was 9 pm and I didn't want to drive home that late. So I got here in time for dinner on Thursday. I had lettuce wrapped burgers :D Then I got my workout in before bed. I was tired so I was slow but it went well despite that. Still struggling with form on squats. Lunges are still going great. Couldn't get the pushup on the 3rd stair this time.

New Town House:

So all of our stuff is obviously at the new place since we had to turn in the keys to our old place. All the living room and dining room furniture is where it goes :D Have a few boxes in there to be unpacked but not too many. It actually feels like home now! And I love it. Its so much more spacious. Its wonderful having a washer and dryer. I like having stairs in the apartment for exercising purposes. And I like how quiet the neighborhood is. Also I've been about 100 times happier and less stress since we turned in the keys to the old place. Moving was a giant pain even though I did everything in my power to streamline the process. I think next time it might be wise to hire someone to help us.

Other Thoughts:

Daniel and I decided to buy a scale. I'm to the point now where I'm pretty zen about my weight (not that I'm not excited with weight loss but I think I'm to the point where I won't freak out about small spikes, we will see) But the exciting thing is that I weighed 164 this morning!! I haven't been in the 160s in probably 6 years. I feel great. And shopping is so much easier. Went shopping today and got 3 beautiful dresses and a skirt. I'm super excited about them :D I've lost a total of 40 lbs since the beginning of September 2012. And random people have noticed, like my chiropractor and his nurses and even the maintenance guy at our old apartments. Makes me feel good :D

Very cool that you are your friend got to finally go bike riding! Great how much you are improving. Asking for weights (or anything fitness) for your bday is a great idea. Congrats on doing so well with your business presentation. Sounds like you guys did fantastic.

Thanks :D I got a month or so to decide what exactly I want to ask for but I'm excited. I could definitely use some new equipment!

And as well as the presentation went we've slowed down a little since. I think we needed a break. We've got to take on this next week with a vengeance!

Sounds like you are doing very well considering all that has been going on.  Congrats on getting better at your workouts!!!  It so awesome when you have a workout that is so much better than the last one.  I just got back from a long weekend visiting family and haven't had a workout in 5 days!  Hopefully I get one in tonight and I am hoping I don't suck.  I shouldn't be any worse!   :D

Keep up all the great work and I know all your efforts will pay off!!!

Thanks Elder! I hope your workout went as awesomely as mine did :D

Great update, congrats on the workout PRs, and awesome job on the business presentation!!!  Despite the difficulty of the move, it sounds like you are doing REALLY well.

You should ask for some of these for your birthday. :)

Thanks as always Wolvie :D I'm certainly trying. It feels like I'm not doing as well as last challenge but considering everything, I think I'm doing a good job with this crazy balancing act called life.  :blink:

Any reason you like those in particular? (and thanks for the recommendation, I'm making an amazon wish list of all the possibilities which I will hopefully narrow down in the coming month)

Don't sweat the week 4 issues.  Everyone seems to get the "week 4 blahs".  Congrats on the 3rd step push-up, and congrats on the weight loss!!!  You really are making great progress! 

For core exercises, have you tried doing the planks with less than both arms and legs?  I've found that one leg up is easiest, followed by one arm, and then one arm and one leg up.  You could also try something different, like hollow holds, holding the boat pose, side planks, or crunchy frogs?  If you're up to 90 seconds on the plank, it's definitely time to try something new.  :)

And, I wholeheartedly approve of guys who want to watch Doctor Who on dates.  :)

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

I'm having a tough day. I woke up this morning and my left arm is killing me. Its the stupid shoulder blade/rib problem. I slept on it really funny last night and I think something is getting pinched.

So I tried to workout and just do lower body and core work but everything still bothers the arm, even squats and lunges cause I use my arms for balance and for the lunges they are weighted and I'm holding dumbbells. Even without the weights my arm was twinging.

I really need to see my chiropractor but I won't be able to until Tuesday or Wednesday which means I will miss today's workout and Monday's workout meaning I will only get in 2 workouts this week and 2 next week. I'm just feeling really discouraged. This whole challenge is not going according to plan.

Now I know logically I need to take care of my arm/shoulder first and foremost but I don't like not completing my goal. I don't like failing because of things outside of my control. I don't like failing period. Plus its really really hard not to eat too many calories when I'm home if I'm not working out. And I miss my workouts when I don't get them in. And now I won't be able to do one until Thursday. 

I'm just frustrated because I thought doing lower body and core work only would work. If you guys have any suggestions I am more than open to them.

I'm having a tough day. I woke up this morning and my left arm is killing me. Its the stupid shoulder blade/rib problem. I slept on it really funny last night and I think something is getting pinched.

So I tried to workout and just do lower body and core work but everything still bothers the arm, even squats and lunges cause I use my arms for balance and for the lunges they are weighted and I'm holding dumbbells. Even without the weights my arm was twinging.

I'm just frustrated because I thought doing lower body and core work only would work. If you guys have any suggestions I am more than open to them.

Sorry to hear about the arm.  :(  Here are a few things you could try:

Wall sits or wall-assisted 10 minute squats.  Using the wall for balance should help you not need your arms

Hollow hold

Boat or half boat pose (adjust arm position as needed until you're comfortable)

front and back scale holds (I'm pretty sure EG has some video of this in her thread)

Get your legs into a lunge position, and then just hold it with your knee off of the ground as long as you can.  If you're worried about balance, do it right next to a wall or door, so you can catch yourself with your good arm.

You could also try dumbbell work with your non-injured arm. 

But, if these still aggravate your shoulder, then maybe just go for some ibuprofen and a heating pad until you can see your doctor.  I hope you feel better soon.  Pinched nerves are the worst.

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines