First NF Challenge for Jessimash

Starting point - 160 lbs, moderately fit

I'm only starting with 3 goals.

#1. Almost 0 sugar in my daily diet.

#2. Run 3 times/week

#3. Follow my pre-planned schedule.

#1. I will only allow myself 1 Tbsp. of sugar/day (this is for my coffee!), except for special occasions like Father's Day, etc., then I will eat very little sugar. 

#2. I've already started C25K, but I haven't been very regular with it. In order to do better, I will be sure to run 3 times/week. 

#3. I spent a week writing out a day-to-day schedule so that I can get everything done in a day that I need to. While I understands that there will be interferences - an example would be having to babysit unexpectedly - on the "perfect" days I will follow the schedule to a "T", and on those "less-than-perfect" days, I will do all I can. 

Adventurer Level 3

STR - 3; DEX - 6; STA - 3; CON - 9; WIS - 9; CHA - 3

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30601-first-nf-challenge-for-jessimash/

So, so far I've been able to stay off of the sugar. Last week we went out twice with some new/old friends, so I did manage to have a drink or 2, but other than that - just what I want for my goal. The first week was rough - all I wanted was sugar, so I ate fruit, and ate fruit, and ate fruit, and ate fruit. In the evening, there was a lot of popcorn eating too. This week was really quite easy. Yesterday I did crave ice cream, but I stayed away...

Keeping up with my schedule has been going equally well. The first week wasn't so great, but this week has been awesome. I've been able to get so much done!

Now for running...   Last week I only ran 2 days. I fully intended to run Friday evening, but we went out with those new/old friends, then I made the excuse all weekend and up until Wednesday that it was too hot to run. Wednesday I ran at 8 p.m. and didn't feel too hot at all. Yesterday I talked myself out of it mainly because I'm sunburned from swimming all day that day. Today we WILL run! I won't be able to tomorrow, but if I can on Sunday, that will go towards my 3 days this week. 

I am now under 160 lbs for the first time since April. I was stuck and couldn't get below that number. Almost all bloating is gone, and my clothes fit perfectly - I can tell I'm losing fat. I feel more fit and less tired. I'm definitely seeing a difference. 

I'm hoping these changes don't slow down before the end of this challenge.

Adventurer Level 3

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30601-first-nf-challenge-for-jessimash/

Another week, and things are still going pretty good. My Dad was here for Father's Day weekend, so I had frozen yogurt - twice. Other than that, sugar has not been a big deal. I really wanted to eat something sweet last night, but was successful at avoiding it. Tonight I may have a piece of cheesecake. We're having company over, and mention was made about bringing one. *sigh*  I'm still pretty pleased that my sugar intake has been reduced drastically. 

My schedule is going great. In 2 weeks, my life will be normal again, and I will really get to try out my schedule for the first time. 

This week, I have run twice, and I went on an 1 1/2 hour hike. I'm hoping to get one more run in tomorrow evening, but I'm not going to sweat it since I did go on that hike. 

Despite all of this sugar this week, I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either. Hopefully next week will be even better with the sugar and running, and I'll see even more weight loss. 

Adventurer Level 3

Still putting along. I have 2 weeks to cover here. The first one I did great keeping off of sugar. This last week - not so much. Stinking Independence Day.  ;)  We had a get-together with my in-laws on Tuesday. They requested I bring the dessert (I make the BEST desserts). I did have a controlled amount that day (although it would have been better had I had none.) Then yesterday - Independence Day - we had people over here, and I made a dessert again. I wasn't so careful. I also had a can of root beer. I never do that. *sigh*  Last week, I had lost another pound - I have a feeling that it will be gained back when I weigh again this week...  It hasn't helped that I've been PMS-ing. There was a day when I just wanted to forget it ALL. But I pushed myself through and did fantastically that day. 

I'm still only running twice a week instead of thrice. I don't know why it's so stinking hard to get that third day in. I'm supposed to be running this evening, but I'm just so stinking tired from staying up so late last night - as is everybody in my house (including the dog). 

I'm staying on schedule pretty well. I haven't had to babysit my niece for a week, so I've been able to have a "normal" week to put my schedule into full swing. It's working out pretty well. 

Hopefully next week's post will be much more positive. I plan on pushing through. 

Adventurer Level 3

So I feel like I totally sucked at this challenge. The last week, I ate sugar almost every day. Since the 4th, we've had something going and then there's stress and PMS. Ugh! So, I'm going to take it easy on myself with the whole sugar thing for the next challenge. All of our kids' birthdays are coming up - 2 and 3 weeks apart, and I feel like I need to take a break from stressing myself out about it for a little while so that I'll be more likely to be successful. 

I only ran 2 days/week. Never could get that 3rd day in for one reason or another. Since starting the challenge, I have started breaking horses again, and that is a workout in and of itself. I plan to continue running at least 2 days a week - 3 when I can. 

My schedule following has gone pretty good. Gardening is taking up more time than I had intended, and it's been too hot to be outside in the middle of the day to work more than 1 horse. House cleaning has been kept up pretty well though. 

Considering how this challenge has gone, and how I feel about the whole thing, I don't think I should level up. I'm not really sure how leveling up works though. 

I'm looking forward to the next challenge. I already have planned a couple of the things I'm going to work towards. 

Adventurer Level 3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines